(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_1098 (resized).png
B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #885 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex alignment bulletin from Stern. Posted by pickleric (4 years ago)

Post #1396 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter fix Posted by Chambahz (4 years ago)

Post #1619 read before dismantling the raptor Posted by timlah79 (4 years ago)

Post #1830 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex adjustment info according to Keith Elwin Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #2358 TREX Adjustment info Posted by imagamejunky (4 years ago)

Post #2625 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Raptor pit detailed adjustment instructions. Posted by yancy (4 years ago)

Post #2994 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex head removal tips and Jaw screw fix. Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #3326 Amber Bonus rules and details Posted by fooflighter (4 years ago)

Post #3417 TECH: SWITCHES. Opto sensor not registering on orbit fix Posted by caker137 (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider john_c.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7701 2 years ago

I made my final payment to my distributer this week for a JP Premium and they told me just today that Stern has scheduled its next production run of JPP machines for the week of July 26th.

I sure hope so as I've had mine on order since May.

In the immortal words of Thomas Earl Petty, "The waiting is the hardest part."

4 weeks later
#7902 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Get yours yet? Anyone else heard that theirs is shipping? My dealer told me early August, and now we're veering very close to mid-August. I'd rather not pester him and be that impatient guy if possible.

My JP Premium shipped from my distributor (Hemispheres) this past Wednesday (Aug 11) and is scheduled to be delivered on Monday (Aug 16th).

1 week later
#7983 2 years ago

Hi folks,

I have a week-old JP Premium and am having an issue with the t-rex jaw not opening.

I've gone through the Diagnostics menu and set the horizontal bias as needed to ensure the head/jaw is centered directly over the ramp. When I perform the vertical test, I press the '-' button (left flipper button) and the head moves down smoothly staying centered and not contacting the ramp. When I press 'select' (green Start button), it appears the jaw starts opening but quickly snaps shut again. I went as far as raising the head up using the right flipper button and then testing the jaw again using the Start button, but the same thing happens with the jaw briefly beginning to open but then snapping shut.

I followed the detailed t-rex diagnostic/adjustment document found earlier in this thread but all it says about the jaw not staying open is to adjust the t-rex so he's not hitting the ramp. Since mine is not, I'm not sure what else I need to look at.

Can anyone help?

#7985 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Has it always been an issue or has it just started to occur?

It just started doing it tonight. I've searched this thread and found several posts referring to inoperative jaws. I'm guessing a mechanical issue of some sort so I guess I have to do some disassembly. Not looking too forward to that.

#7986 2 years ago

UPDATE: I figured out the problem! One of the wires going to the optical sensor on the lower jaw was broken off. Based on what the symptoms were, I figure the jaw was trying to open but then the 'open' optical sensor reported a ball capture and immediately closed the jaw again. I buttoned everything back up and ran through the horizontal and vertical tests and everything checked good.

1 year later
#8800 1 year ago

@superNESjoe,

Here's something you can try while waiting for your replacement.

Assuming you have both the ball and shaft removed from the machine, clean off any and all glue residue that is on that newton ball shaft as well as in the ball. Use acetone or mineral spirits; you want those metal surfaces absolutely clean.

Put the ball in the oven at about 325 degrees for about twenty minutes. At the same time, put the shaft in the freezer. What will happen is that the ball will increase in size a miniscule amount. At the same time, the cold will cause the shaft to shrink by a very small amount. I'm talking microscopic amounts.

With gloved hands (duh!), very carefully insert the cold shaft into the hot ball. Use a small hammer to lightly tap the shaft and set it into the ball.

Now put the assembly aside for half-an-hour or so until it cools down. With luck, the shaft will be fixed tightly in the newton ball.

3 months later
#8875 1 year ago
Quoted from Mwkid19:

Can anyone help me find either the right part # or measurements for the post that guards the upper right flipper? ....

I'm pretty sure this post will work: #530-5332-01

5 months later
#9029 10 months ago

Where can I find a copy of the factory 1.03 code for JP premium?

I dont want any of the newer versions.

4 months later
#9098 5 months ago

It's very easy and simple to make some playfield jacks from a scrap 2x4.

1000001838 (resized).jpg1000001838 (resized).jpg1000001865 (resized).jpg1000001865 (resized).jpg
4 months later
#9213 13 days ago

The shaker in my machine is causing a vibration rattle during game play. Unfortunately, testing the shaker does not run it up to the same speed / intensity as during the game and I cannot induce the rattle by testing. I've tried to hunt down the rattle to no avail.

I have my shaker set to moderate use; I think I'll lower the setting to minimal use. Maybe that will cut down the rattle.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 35.00
$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider john_c.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club?tu=john_c and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.