(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_1098 (resized).png
B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #885 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex alignment bulletin from Stern. Posted by pickleric (4 years ago)

Post #1396 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter fix Posted by Chambahz (4 years ago)

Post #1619 read before dismantling the raptor Posted by timlah79 (4 years ago)

Post #1830 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex adjustment info according to Keith Elwin Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #2358 TREX Adjustment info Posted by imagamejunky (4 years ago)

Post #2625 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Raptor pit detailed adjustment instructions. Posted by yancy (4 years ago)

Post #2994 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex head removal tips and Jaw screw fix. Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #3326 Amber Bonus rules and details Posted by fooflighter (4 years ago)

Post #3417 TECH: SWITCHES. Opto sensor not registering on orbit fix Posted by caker137 (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joeschall.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#107 4 years ago

I'm in for the premium. It turns out I won the July pinball.edu raffle, so I chose JP2 and am paying the difference to upgrade to the premium. Can't resist that moving T-rex . . .

#221 4 years ago

Ordered amber shooter rod from Little Shop of Games. The site says the rod is on backorder and is thin on details (e.g., it simply says "This “mosquito in amber” LIGHTS UP with an LED!"), but I ordered anyway. Total with shipping was $90.34.

#225 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Do the LEs come with this shooter rod?

Only in The Dude's world.

1 month later
#385 4 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Just received an email to pay in full for my Premium. Sounds like Stern is pushing the full payment before you get it because of the buyers backing out of their order.

Sounds more like a distributer choice rather than a directive from Stern. Would be very surprising otherwise.

I agree with Flynnyfalcon. Indeed, I have worked with different distributors for NIBs in the past, and their practices vary as to when they ask for full payment, just as their allocation numbers vary. I wouldn't read anything into it.

1 month later
#2341 4 years ago

Still awaiting my premium, but ordered the shooter rod from Little Shop of Games months ago (still hasn't arrived) and ordered the Tilt topper yesterday, which looks just awesome. Patiently waiting . . .

3 weeks later
#3076 4 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Topper looks great. I have one on order and hope it gets here soon. How does it look in person?

I have a JP topper on order from Tilt as well. I just inquired, and I have been told that mine is shipping with a large run on Friday and that I'll get a shipping confirmation and tracking number on Monday. Hopefully that applies to yours as well. It sure looks great in the pix!

#3085 4 years ago
Quoted from PDX-Mike:

Got you all beat! I pre ordered my amber shooter rod on August 12th from Little Shop Of Games, still no shooter rod

We're tied --I preordered my shooter rod from LSOG on August 12 as well. Still nothing. I inquired yesterday but no response yet.

#3145 4 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

I might have hope as you said " I Think" lol.
Its sucks as its so bright and fast and takes away the slow, cool, glow of my ROD!!!

If it's a bulb, try swapping it with an incandescent if you can stomach the downgrade. No comment needed on the ROD.

1 week later
#3383 4 years ago
Quoted from PDX-Mike:

Has anyone that ordered their amber shooter rod from Little Shop Of Games received theirs yet? I messaged them last week, still have not heard back.

I ordered and paid for the shooter rod on August 12, and I never received anything but a confirmation that I've paid. I emailed and left a cell phone message last week with no reply to either. So two days ago I wrote an email and asked for a refund and still no reply. I hate to run down anyone in the pinball business, but LSOG isn't coming through for me on this one. I'm skeptical and very disappointed.

I've also tried the Stern website but it says that the part is out of stock, and I've left two messages with Dorothy Brown in parts, but no reply yet. Obviously, this is a hard part to come by, as are communications from LSOG . . .

#3389 4 years ago

Thanks for the opinions. Now if I just get my refund or even a response from LSOG I'll have a better opinion of that company . . .

#3404 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

I own one so I can say with confidence It’s okay but not to die for by any means

So, LSOG just refunded my money for the amber shooter rod, so points for them.

Now, I'm still definitely in the market for one. So Green-Machine, since you don't like yours I'd be glad to buy it from you at the cost you paid plus shipping. If interested, please PM me with details.

#3406 4 years ago

I would sell to you but my wife absolutely loves it! If it disappeared I would be in a world of hurt

Ah, then someone in the house loves it. So you're keeping it for a good cause. I really appreciate the reply, regardless. Many thanks and enjoy your machine. My Premium is finally set to arrive next week.

If anyone else knows of a reliable way I can get my hands on an amber shooter rod, please let me know.

1 week later
#3622 4 years ago

Is anyone else still awaiting their JP Premium from their distributor or is it just me? My money was in months ago and I've called and e-mailed, but I have yet to get a delivery commitment. Just wondering if others are still waiting on a Premium as well.

#3624 4 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

JP premium paid and received within a week. Build date 11/26

Thanks. I am loyal to this distributor and won't trash them, but I sure am getting tired of the wait.

2 weeks later
#3869 4 years ago

Sorry for the noob question, but my JP Premium just arrived yesterday and my raptor is in the down position unless I physically lift it up. It doesn't appear to be getting stuck on anything. Any tips or can someone point me to where this has been covered?

#3871 4 years ago

Is there a weight attached to the back end of raptor

There is--looks like a coil.

#3875 4 years ago

Only other thing I can think of is the metal stand the raptor is mounted on could be loose or completely missing a screw.

Will check that out. Thanks!

#3884 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

patiently sitting here waiting for my guy to show up with my premium. I have been pacing the house all day.
2.5 hours and I will have it

Worth the wait. Enjoy! Mine just came yesterday. Photo below from today's launch party.

JP Launch (resized).JPGJP Launch (resized).JPG
#3888 4 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

As long as you've ruled out it getting caught on anything (i.e. the hand sticking under the top of the cage, the counterbalance sticking above the plastic guard), it's likely the mold of the body vs. legs or like was already said you need to loosen the legs a bit. Lastly you may have a little wiggle room to rotate the legs ever so slightly where they are screwed in at the feet. But I hope you don't have to do the latter. BEWARE it's very difficult to get those screws back in. See this post about the nightmare I had with that: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/33#post-5268057

Excellent. I will tinker more with this after reading your post. Thanks again so much!

#3893 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Hey guys for the raptor.. unscrew the hip screw and take out the washer ..not really sure why it's in there to begin with because it's got a plastic guide that the body travels within.. when you re tighten hip screw just tighten it enough but not too much or you'll bind the body and legs together...also slightly loosen up the screw holding the stack of weights if they are tight not only will the screw end touch the plastic and hang up but the rigidness of the stack of weights doesn't allow the raptor free fall back into position... if you've got them slightly loose the randomness of their weight brings the raptor right back to the starting position... Worked for me and the raptor moves like it should 100% of the time now

Great--thanks!

#3894 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Quoted from woody76:
where did you get that topper?

It's from Tilt Topper - but the one on his website is for the DE JP. He's got another version for Stern. Not sure if he's got any left.

Yes, to everything cooked71 said. Tilt Topper does limited runs and will let you know if there are any more JP toppers for Sterns left. An awesome addition if you can get it. A slow, pulsing glow comes from behind the T-Rex and the torches flicker constantly. Tilt is great at communications. You can write to them to see if there are any more available.

https://tilttopper.com/

#3904 4 years ago

On my raptor getting stuck in the down position as reported earlier, just loosening both the hip screw and tail screw a bit took care of the problem. Now I'll keep an eye on the screws to be sure they don't go looser, but I think this simple fix worked. Thanks for the input.

2 weeks later
#4300 4 years ago

Added the audio callouts from the movie last night to my JP Premium courtesy of delt31 and I really enjoy the difference in the game now. From callouts that add more excitement and authenticity to gameplay to the attract mode music after a game is over--there is a notable improvement, IMO. Thanks delt31, for all your work on this and for pointing me to the latest download.

#4306 4 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Is that a new code for .97?? I lost mine when I did a full install....now I know just do a Quick in the future.

If so Please let me know so I can download it.

Thanks.

Sorry, no the current code from delt+others is for .96. Sorry if I was confusing. This was just the first time I had downloaded the code to include movie audio callouts, so I was just excited to share my support.

#4328 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Not a big "topper" guy, but glad I picked up this TiltTopper...looks even better in person. Also impressed with the price ($245), when compared with Stern developed toppers.

Totally agree. I love the materials in the topper and the slow pulsing effect of the white lights behind the T-rex as well as the flickering effect of the torches. Quality work.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
8,599 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joeschall.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club?tu=joeschall and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.