(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,218 posts
  • 803 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by scootss
  • Topic is favorited by 439 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1098 (resized).png
B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_030524583 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #885 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex alignment bulletin from Stern. Posted by pickleric (4 years ago)

Post #1396 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter fix Posted by Chambahz (4 years ago)

Post #1619 read before dismantling the raptor Posted by timlah79 (4 years ago)

Post #1830 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex adjustment info according to Keith Elwin Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #2358 TREX Adjustment info Posted by imagamejunky (4 years ago)

Post #2625 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Raptor pit detailed adjustment instructions. Posted by yancy (4 years ago)

Post #2994 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex head removal tips and Jaw screw fix. Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #3326 Amber Bonus rules and details Posted by fooflighter (4 years ago)

Post #3417 TECH: SWITCHES. Opto sensor not registering on orbit fix Posted by caker137 (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jodannar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4356 4 years ago

Got my machine today. No issues out of the box that I could find. After about 20 games though the trex has gained a noticeable louder movement noise almost a grind on the left right movement. I’ve inspected the wiring and nothing is catching, up and down is quiet. I can’t see any loose hardware. Looking for suggestions.

Also any tips on the raptor gate, sometimes it comes up and traps e ball when I get it behind the captive post and it’s held, other times the ball is held and then the gate doesn’t raise and the ball is released..
Any assistance is appreciated. Thankyou

#4359 4 years ago

On the latest code. Seems that the raptor gate is catching somehow in the down position and then not moving up. I can’t see how to adjust its position other than the Playfield height

B5C4D2E9-C0FB-4D55-8F3B-0A5E15BB4794 (resized).jpegB5C4D2E9-C0FB-4D55-8F3B-0A5E15BB4794 (resized).jpeg
#4398 4 years ago

raptor gate corrected, needed a minor move forward. its still very close at the back compared to the front, but its reliably working now, no binding . currently my game is at 6.5 degrees at the flippers, debating whether i should increase it to 7. C and S shots are quite difficult, with the C shot often dribbling out and hitting the top of the sling. release from control room seems to miss the sling 80% of the time. Level left to right

#4403 4 years ago

Anyone had their trex head hit the gate plastics on the left and the cabinet side? my wife thinks the rex hit the side of the cab when thrashing this afternoon. there is a small ark on her side and the cabinet, not sure how its been possible.

#4405 4 years ago

Theres a left limit adjustment, but i haven't played enough with it to know if it affects it. the bias + and - can be confusing to set.

#4426 4 years ago

Annoyingly my raptor gate issue is back after I thought I had it fixed. I may have to go down the path of enlarging the holes in the metal bracket to give some adjustment space. Disappointed.

Looked at the bracket mounting to the Playfield and it was 1-2mm bent. Likely leaned on during install meaning the gate wasn’t perpendicular to Playfield. Minor gentle push to get back straight and hopefully it should be sorted.

#4428 4 years ago

Still debugging my trex. It will move laterally (left right) if touched gently when homes in the center. Potential slack in the gearing? Left position contacts the left post and left thrash extension comes Very close to the cabinet side, right extension is always over the ramp return as I expect.

the rear of the jaw contacts the back of the ramp when lowered. To me this means it needs vertical adjustment, but am wondering about the horizontal. Should it be stiff without any slack?

#4494 4 years ago

Any thoughts as to where this thumb screw should be? Found in back of bottom cabinet. Also lost a small black screw somewhere topside that I can’t find where it goes. I’ve checked all the raptor plastics and signs which have similar

FF2AEAB6-794A-48BA-BEEA-74D37CF5093D (resized).jpegFF2AEAB6-794A-48BA-BEEA-74D37CF5093D (resized).jpeg
#4496 4 years ago

Found where the screw came from. Trex lost her jaw. Ive replaced the missing jaw screw, found a 2nd but haven't yet found the 3rd.. very very annoying on quality control

31FDF8A1-03E0-4E5F-B7B8-D15E1A7789EE (resized).jpeg31FDF8A1-03E0-4E5F-B7B8-D15E1A7789EE (resized).jpegDF9034B0-9DDA-494C-B769-AD23AF193746 (resized).jpegDF9034B0-9DDA-494C-B769-AD23AF193746 (resized).jpeg
And yes them screw is from coin door.

#4497 4 years ago

Should there be 3 screws holding the trex jaw on? I only have one, there’s space for 3 and I’ve found another loose screw the same size in the coin trough

1 week later
#4573 4 years ago
Quoted from ShineSpark:

Hi guys,
So Teddy my T-Rex's jaw fell off and I can only find the two screws. I've gone through earlier posts and it seems as though this has happened to a few people. I can't find the third screw. As per the picture, the two screws here I think both come from the two side holes near the back of the jaw. One was still in the jaw (side) when I pulled it off the playfield and the opposite side and the front middle hole were empty. I found a screw in the cabinet that is identical to the one which remained in the jaw so I'm presuming I am missing the screw for the middle front hole.

They are all the same size and are listed in the manual. SCREW, 4-40 X 1/4" PPH MS BLACK.
I still haven't found my 3rd missing screw from my jaw loss either, but im sure it'll be somewhere. I have an audible thunk/rattle every time the ball hits something in the machine. its either the playfield moving a little (unlikely) or something rattling somewhere i haven't found yet

2 weeks later
#4731 4 years ago

I’ve adjusted the left position bias on my trex but she still gets extremely close to the left side wall and moved the fence post when rampaging. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

1 month later
#4997 4 years ago

Mine is rubbing also and I can’t fix it with left bias adjustment

#5038 4 years ago

Any tips on removing and replacing the helicopter mech? I took mine off today to change the rubbers and I had a real struggle getting it back together. Had to find a way to hold the underside post near the opto to tighten the blades.

#5071 4 years ago
Quoted from Ryeryerulz:T-Rex issues after the code update.
Game was playing great, NIB with 350 plays so far and after the update (might be a coincidence) the T-rex has rendered the park closed.
When entering a T-rex encounter or T-rex chase, the ball does not get picked up by the T-rex, it gets spit out and the ball rolls back into the play field and the shot doesn't register. It works to acquire the T-rex multi-ball and plays well through that, but when the T-rex stops working during a T-rex encounter or chase you cannot hit the T-rex ramp or start another paddock.
It still does not pick it up for T-rex multi-ball but it did trigger the m-b. We are brand new to Pins and are a bit overwhelmed with the adjustments and the options available to run diagnostics. Not really even sure how to run the diag. We tried, but are not even sure we know what we are doing.
Help from the community. Thanks.
PS. We just added the shaker motor this morning also, but it was doing this before the install.

My trex seems to have the same selective grabbing dependent on the mode start. The Trex chase it doesn't enjoy catching to start that mode but does fine in others. my shots also always register on the left ramp

#5083 4 years ago

Yeah I have no audits and tried to figure out why, perhaps this is the issue . Code bug?

2 weeks later
#5204 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Heli on the helipad....
Took this idea from someone with the pro. But even with the spinner blades it looks cool.[quoted image][quoted image]

very very nice. I’ve drilled a Coptic to do the same but I don’t hav the correct colour scheme on mine so it’ll need a repaint. Correct copy or is available but I’m not paying $45 shipping from the us or uk to Australia for a $5 toy

1 month later
#5466 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Does anyone have these Pingraffix pin blades on their machine? https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/stern-jurassic-park-pinblades
I’m getting my JP Premium today and will probably buy some pin blades soon. These seem like they would be a good match for the game art at the back of the machine with the blue. I’ve seen one or two other art blades though so would be interested in any feedback and opinions.

0C3CF61C-2B59-4DB9-8CBC-4431BB119145 (resized).jpeg0C3CF61C-2B59-4DB9-8CBC-4431BB119145 (resized).jpeg6EAF04D5-B57F-4723-9129-D6F9E723A87D (resized).jpeg6EAF04D5-B57F-4723-9129-D6F9E723A87D (resized).jpegD1803452-8D03-4825-A45F-70FEB156D775 (resized).jpegD1803452-8D03-4825-A45F-70FEB156D775 (resized).jpeg
3 months later
#5981 3 years ago

Happened to me also; I just blue "locktite"'d and its been fine since. I still haven't found one of the screws though.

1 month later
#6162 3 years ago

My s shot return has always returned over to the left sling. I’ve seen in streams that for many it lands squarely on the left flipper. Is this the intended? With standard rubbers and Titans it’s always left sling for me

#6164 3 years ago

It’s at 7. I think I need to move the guide out a little so it gets less deflection from the rubber. My left control room shot also hits the sling occassionally on its return so maybe I should go a little steeper

#6174 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Mine 95% lands on the left flipper - the ball comes down along the ball guide and then clips the rubber ring below the ball guide, deflecting the ball across to the left flipper. The other 5% the ball is much slower and runs down the front of the rubber ring ending up on the right flipper (maybe these aren't rolling out of the S shot on the ball guide).
What PF pitch do you have your machine setup at? Raising it slightly might help (Keith indicated that the game was designed for 7%)
Alternatively can you loosen and bring the ball guide marginally forward so that the ball doesn't clip the rubber ring as much (ie reduce the deflection)

I’ve moved the rail out as far as I can and still be able to get the screw back into its hole. My rail is just behind the line on the artwork at the tip of the rail, you can see the black outline edge; but I still hit the left sling. I have no more adjustment to go and it’s definitely at 7 degrees

#6177 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

This is where my ball guide sits for comparison
[quoted image]

So close. Maybe I can play with slope more. It’s really annoying me now that I know that almost all return to leftflipper as I’d expected. At short plunge will goto the sling for me

12AC2DB9-DF57-4778-A32E-5D404CEC6BBF (resized).jpeg12AC2DB9-DF57-4778-A32E-5D404CEC6BBF (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#6346 3 years ago

Ball search isn’t going to find this magic spin ball. Bounced up from a hard pop bumper hit on the chaos shot and just spun there

#6358 3 years ago

Playfield is just under 7 at the flippers. The ball did come down the ramp by itself eventually. Possibly a little magnetised but unlikely. The ball didn’t actually come from down the ramp but rather landed onto the mid point from the pop bumper richochet

1 year later
#8756 1 year ago
Quoted from xAerox:

Anyone ever experience the raptor gate binding with the playfield when it drops? More specifically, the lip of the gate on the side closest to the raptor has been getting physically hung up on the opening in the playfield. It keeps the gate open about 1/8" and prevents any balls from entering during play or sometimes exiting (at the end of a game). I've scoured the forums for answers but am coming up empty. I can correct it temporarily by messing with the mechanism mounting (correcting mounting angle, tightening gate guides) but the gate is never really well centered and its only a matter of time before it starts hanging up again. Has anyone encountered this or know of a more long term reliable fix? Certainly seems due to wear from the balls constantly slamming into it when it's closed.

I had this happen out of the box. My lift gate bracket was slightly bend meaning it wasn’t 90 degrees to the playfield. Check the brackets alignment

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aldie, VA
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 14.95
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jodannar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club?tu=jodannar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.