(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,218 posts
  • 803 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by scootss
  • Topic is favorited by 439 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1098 (resized).png
B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_030524583 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #885 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex alignment bulletin from Stern. Posted by pickleric (4 years ago)

Post #1396 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter fix Posted by Chambahz (4 years ago)

Post #1619 read before dismantling the raptor Posted by timlah79 (4 years ago)

Post #1830 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex adjustment info according to Keith Elwin Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #2358 TREX Adjustment info Posted by imagamejunky (4 years ago)

Post #2625 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Raptor pit detailed adjustment instructions. Posted by yancy (4 years ago)

Post #2994 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex head removal tips and Jaw screw fix. Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #3326 Amber Bonus rules and details Posted by fooflighter (4 years ago)

Post #3417 TECH: SWITCHES. Opto sensor not registering on orbit fix Posted by caker137 (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jedi42.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5910 3 years ago

Waiting rather impatiently for my Premium to arrive, and have read there is a setting for 4 or 8 ohm speakers. Does it matter which a person goes for if there is a system setting to deal with them? In other words, why did you specify 4 ohm?

Quoted from Markharris2000:

- The backbox speakers can be swapped with high quality 4-inch 4ohm to get much better sound. I used the Kicker 43DSC40's, about $40 for the pair.

#5916 3 years ago

Just to be clear, I could switch out the 4" 8 ohm for a 4" 4 ohm set as long as I change the setting ( as I have a decent set of 4 ohm from a previous restore that I never installed)?

Quoted from Manny65:

Actually the Pro and Premium factory backbox speakers are 8 ohm (031-5004-02) while the LE has 4 ohm (031-5017-00), and why they have the ability to change it in the settings. The cabinet speaker is the same in all 3 models - 8" 4ohm (031-5007-01).
Some of the earlier code versions would change the speaker ohm setting if it detected the machine was an LE but it resulted in poor audio - these issues are all now resolved.

1 month later
#6064 3 years ago

I feel your pain, have been waiting for a Prem since early July. Would also enjoy knowing when they are actually on the line

Quoted from ZZZ_spy_hunter:

I'm impatiently waiting for a JP Prem. I'm supposedly suppose to receive one from the October builds. Is there any way to know if JP prems are currently on the line being built and when the last of them will be shipped out?

3 weeks later
#6260 3 years ago

I hope you do create some of your own, I really enjoyed your Getaway mods (when I still had it).

Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Things I may design/make on my own
- Custom themed keychain
- Custom coin reject inserts
- Ramp decal with Pteranodon tracks
- Hazard striping
- Raptor guard tower (similar to Mezel)
- Raptor pit fence (similar to Mezel)
- Barbasol can with vials (my own design, but with permission from the originally designer for this game - I actually designed and sold a similar one for DE JP)

1 month later
#6410 3 years ago

Joined the club this week after 5 month wait! Much tougher game than I remembered, and love the Escape Nublar Challenge. What a great addition to the game. Now, if they would only bring out co-op mode.

20201209_154347 (resized).jpg20201209_154347 (resized).jpg
#6412 3 years ago

As I was looking over my game, I saw this black clip up by the pop bumpers. Any idea what it is for?

20201213_205521-01 (resized).jpeg20201213_205521-01 (resized).jpeg
7 months later
#7851 2 years ago

I will try to be objective. Have owned my premium nib since last fall. Is it #2 all time? Probably not, but top 10 for sure.

Pros:
- A ton to do, there are all sorts of side things to do, like control room modes, t-rex encounters, and the Escape Nublar wizard mode/mini game ( terrific).

- very deep code, you will never see it all if your name isn't Keith Elwin

- with the custom code, jurassic park is brought to life

- arguably one of the best toys ever with the t-rex.

- lots of shots on the playfield.

- fun game.

- great theme.

Cons:
- hard game. It can frustrate you to no end.

- shots are tight and can be a brickfest if you aren't on your game. It will make you a better player though.

- deep code...but, you likely won't see a lot of it.

- can get repetitive/linear collecting each dinosaur up the path

- I find guests like to have the t-rex eat the ball once, then they move on. The rules are too complicated for casual players. This is a players game

If you get one and don't like it, you won't lose any $ if you decide to move it on. No risk here. A great game, and I love mine, you just have to be aware that for many it will be too hard.

Quoted from teddyb73:

Hello all,
I was thinking about getting the Jurassic Park premium. Is it really that good of a pin and justify at the number 2 position on Pinsides top 100?

1 month later
#8060 2 years ago

I used rare earth magnets for mine, and I can barely pull it off.

Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Tilt Topper (I think I snagged the last NIB one) finally installed. I wasn’t comfortable with just 2-sided tape for installation so I created a base.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

1 month later
#8210 2 years ago

I looked at that post and I am trying to figure out where you put the led strip from the picture, but just not seeing it. Can you explain a bit more?

#8221 2 years ago

Yep, got it now. Thanks.

Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Here is the money shot for position. This shot is taken looking up from inside the cabinet with the player being towards the upper right of the photo (the back of the pin is towards the lower left of the photo). The LED strip is tucked just behind the board shown which acts both as a guide and as a light shield so the strip does not throw light towards the player.
Does this help?
[quoted image]

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 14.95
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
8,599 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jedi42.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club?tu=jedi42 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.