(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_1098 (resized).png
B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #885 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex alignment bulletin from Stern. Posted by pickleric (4 years ago)

Post #1396 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter fix Posted by Chambahz (4 years ago)

Post #1619 read before dismantling the raptor Posted by timlah79 (4 years ago)

Post #1830 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex adjustment info according to Keith Elwin Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #2358 TREX Adjustment info Posted by imagamejunky (4 years ago)

Post #2625 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Raptor pit detailed adjustment instructions. Posted by yancy (4 years ago)

Post #2994 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex head removal tips and Jaw screw fix. Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #3326 Amber Bonus rules and details Posted by fooflighter (4 years ago)

Post #3417 TECH: SWITCHES. Opto sensor not registering on orbit fix Posted by caker137 (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jarbyjibbo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6716 3 years ago
Quoted from Sulaco:

-Is there an optimal audio setting for this machine? It has a sub-woofer in the cabinet that I feel isn't punching as much as it should. I read about adjusting the ohms/bass/treble in the menu. I would need somebody to hold my hand through that process if that is the way to do this.

Stern stock pinball machine speakers don't "punch". If you're looking for the thump, get yourself an external sub as many of us do. PSW10 is my go to pin sub but Costco has a pretty good deal in store on a Klipsch R-12SW since the PSW10's can't be had for $79 ea anymore.

3 weeks later
#6775 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Thanks guys! Do those wood screws screw back in tightly after being removed? I started unscrewing one and stopped as there was a lot of wood dust coming off. Because of the included instructions saying dontvremove those hex screws, I got nervous and posted here wanting to make sure.
I wish Stern would include the proper instructions with these things. Last time it was my shaker that included the wrong instructions.

Yes, it's plywood not MDF.

#6792 3 years ago

Mine just shipped yesterday, I should have it by Thursday or Friday.

1 week later
#6862 3 years ago
Quoted from Averhoeven:

I got mine today and hooked up my shaker and amber rod. When I turned it back on I got a loud pop and some smoke from the front board. There was also a "liquid" that sprayed. I'm pretty sure it was the add on capacitor that comes with the shaker that blew. I removed that and everything seems to be working fine. Any thoughts?

Are you sure you plugged the shaker into the board correctly?

3 weeks later
#7004 2 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

There are

Does anyone other than Tilt Graphics make an action button accent plate?

Tantrum makes a bunch of stuff:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/105886

#7067 2 years ago

Updated: I am considering adding side artwork to my JP premium. Seems like the 6 choices I have found (staying only with a blue/green palette) are loosely described as:
1.Stern store or PBL supplied Dino Eyes Closeup
2.SideBlades Blue and Green with tall wooden gate
3.SideBlades blue and green landscape only
4.TiltGraffix Electric Fence Gameblades
5.Pingraffix Pinblades Blue and Green with Dino head
6.WizBlades, multiple dinos on a green/blue background
Does anyone have preferences or comments about quality of the vinyl material and/or the print inks, etc?

I faced this dilemma as well and after much deliberation, I got the bluish ones from Retro Refurbs for my premium. I thought they best matched the tone, style, and color pallet of the PF. It was a pretty tough call especially because of the cost to ship to the US but I didn't regret the decision.

1 week later
#7155 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Yeah, but it takes all of a few minutes to just lower the mech a little bit and not have to fiddle around. You don't have to even loosen the flipper from the mech, and it just bolts back in place. Bam.. done.

Agreed, this is how I did mine. I didn't want to mess with that little clearance and then trying to get the new nut threaded back on correctly.

#7178 2 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

All Cliffys and plastic protectors installed...Pin Stadiums in... played 2 games... just WOW... and I have not installed "new" code yet...
Wait ....almost all Cliffys... Raptor pit... what's the trick there.... I can get it to "snap in:....

The gap is pretty tight, I'm not sure you need it. I find the best way to get those type of protectors in correctly is to remove the mech and reinstall it. Just like the Scolari targets on GB only wider.

2 weeks later
#7371 2 years ago

My plate wasn't threaded either but the screws were enough to get the thread set in it just fine. I just pre-installed the screws when it was loose and then when I installed it, it was a piece if cake. I even have a tap and die set but didn't bother to break it out.

1 week later
#7557 2 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Prefer the Barbasol...don't think dissing other folks mods is cool....post for sale...and see how it goes..

Could do without the repetitive spamming of the items that are for sale in both threads as well...

#7558 2 years ago
Quoted from Limdul:

Update from Stern; the machine screws are apparently self tapping and the blank mounting holes are standard. Wish me luck; I'm going to be a bit frustrated when I shear a factory screw into the amber rod leaving me effectively with two unusable rods

Just make sure you screw them in first with the plate out side of the pin where you can get a proper grip and angle on both pieces. Once you do that, they'll go in very easy when you actually install it on the pin.

#7591 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I guess I assumed the sunset blades were the premium style because they show them on that model. I could swear some of the JP mods had the model names in the title. I might get the blue then.
Is a shaker worthwhile on this game? I had a topper on order but it kept getting delayed and I started to think it's not worth $600, so I'm thinking about other mods that are a better value...

Several places are marketing brownish blades going off of the backglass of the premium. For me I think that's silly. I'd rather have the blue version to best match the PF and BB which they are right next to.

#7592 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

How hard is it to install the art blades.

Like others have said, very easy. My wife pushes down on the front of the PF to lift the back above the top of the cabinet and I just stick them on. As long as you don't get the paper thin ones, you can pull it off easily if you don't get the position started just right. As long as you get a 12" or so section positioned correctly the rest should fall in line nicely. I work from the top down and from the back to the front personally.

#7639 2 years ago
Quoted from GoRun26:

Anyone else have a Mezel mod raptor pit post snap while trying to feed the wire through it? That was disappointing. I'll see how well super glue works, I suppose.

No but I definitely puckered a little while feeding it through.

#7657 2 years ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

Odd thing happened today. Was going to tighten the upper flipper post and barely put any force on it and less than half a turn the screw head came off. I assume I have to replace the whole post assembly? Game is 6 weeks old, can't believe the screw head broke
[quoted image]

That's not how you should tighten the post. The bottom hex turned with an opened ended wrench is what you should be using. The thin neck of a number 6 bolt trying to turn the whole post isn't ever going to work out well. That being said, you don't "have" to replace it if you don’t want to. The only thing that screw on top does is help ensure keep the post sleeve on. Watch the sleeve and if it doesn't move at all during play then your fine. Often times they get stuck to the post anyway.

1 week later
#7783 2 years ago
Quoted from Drac:

Just looking for some opinions on the Mezel Electric Fence Upgrade and also their Raptor Pen. Are these worthwhile and fit well in the game. Not tacky at all??
Thank you.
https://mezelmods.com/collections/jurassic-park-pinball-stern

I have both and I think they fit in very well.

1 month later
#7951 2 years ago

Zero problems with mine either.

#7979 2 years ago
Quoted from max_pinball:

Thanks . I asked my distributor if I can add a washer and he said may void the guarantee because it‘s no official service bulletin from Stern .

Any distro that says that wouldn't have my business for my next purchase since they don't really know what they are talking about. Put the washer under the guide to protect the PF (just like I did), that has nothing to do with your warranty. Just don't tighten it down too tight.

#8005 2 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Did the JP go up 1000 ? How does it work once you give a deposit,can they still raise the price? I assumed that the price quoted would be the price I pay regardless of any future price increases.

Yes they have and yes they can pass any unknown at the time of sale price changes on to the customer. They're not obligated to lose money on the sale because Stern upped their pricing. It's just up to you whether you still want it at the new pricing.

1 week later
#8030 2 years ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

EDIT:found a handle for the allen key and that made it much easier.
noob question. I'm trying to adjust my left flipper. Its currently centered on the hole and I want it down slightly to make the right side shots a little easier. I'm sure I've got the right nut but just to check I've added a photo. I can't move it 1mm, it wont budge at all, to the point the allen key is bending. Any suggestions on how to get it to move easier? thanks
[quoted image]

Lefty loosie and push harder. A ratchet and an Allen socket work better than an Allen wrench with as hard as they tighten them on the line to ensure the bats don't slip.

3 weeks later
#8109 2 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

Sold out, currently unavailable, does anyone have another source? I tried googling the part number without sucess.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/153#post-6381215

Ebay the part numbers listed in this posting. There's tons out there easy to find.

3 weeks later
#8195 2 years ago
Quoted from FantaZ:

Hey Guys, was super excited to get on wait-list to purchase JP Premium, but the wifey said I had to play it somewhere first. Ok, so we drove like an hour a way to play. And first thing we both noticed, the playfield, especially the island in the middle - is extremely dark (not lit up). All pictures everyone posts seem to show this playfield as being fairly vibrant Green. We looked around at other pinballs around us, and notice that most have lights exposed at bottom that illuminate upwards. This was a JP LE! And there are no lights there to be found. Any thoughts on this? Side note - this pinball arcade room was a fairly Dark Room in general.
I stole someone's previous image posted here. Notice the white floodlights beside the flippers. Notice how green the playfield above the flippers is. Almost totally dark there at site I played. [quoted image]

Dont over think it. Every modern game has pretty much the same return lane lighting next to the flippers. If it's not bright enough for your taste, add $10 worth of spot lights or $300 worth of pinstadiums. Or you could just use my approach, don't play in the pitch black of your basement batcave. I have Philips hue lighting in my game room and adjust my lights to a level that eliminates reflections, allows the game lighting to stand out, and yet still allow my old eyes to see everything on the pf. I don't even need to remove them when I lift my playfield either

2 months later
#8438 2 years ago
Quoted from FightCave:

I’m having issues with the raptor constantly getting stuck on the plastics in the raptor cage. Anybody have this issue, if so how did you fix it? I’m pretty sure it’s not good for the raptor or the plastics.
[quoted image]

There are various posts about using a heat gun to remedy that if you want to give "heat gun" a thread search they should come up. Mine is permanently in the stuck position, I'm just waiting on Lior to make a new raptor rather than bother with it.

1 month later
#8561 2 years ago
Quoted from CoinGuyNinja:

I'm assuming that's on the bottom of the gate under the playfield?

Yes, it's on the bottom of the mech underneath. You can't miss it.

4 months later
#8705 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I make a motion that the moderators close this JP LE thread and we all start posting solely in the other JP owners thread.

Seconded

1 month later
#8774 1 year ago

I always have a roll of this laying around and I use it for many different random things around the house including pinball.

JVCC FELT-06 Polyester Felt Tape [1mm thickness felt]: 3/4 in. x 75 ft. (Black) https://a.co/d/0twroYL

3 months later
#8847 1 year ago

What am I missing, why do people keep turning their raptor pen watchtower into a back yard palapa? There's not one piece of straw on the roof of the watchtower. Obviously it's yours to do what you wish (I'm sure plenty of people wouldn't do the mods I do either), I'm just at a loss as to how the straw roof connects to the watchtower.

1200px-Velociraptor_Pen (resized).png1200px-Velociraptor_Pen (resized).png
#8849 1 year ago

That is why I switched the straw/thatch roof OUT, in favor of the new tower mod that matches the picture very closely (even has a standing guard with a red hat on the deck). Originally I was going for a jungle hut looking thing, but that is not accurate to the movie.

Yea definitely a move in the right direction imho. The most recognizable straw type roof to me are the bathrooms in the TRex encounter. That's all I can think of when I see that add-on.

#8861 1 year ago
Quoted from classic-chevyguy:

Just installed the Stern Amber Shooter Rod. My JP Premium has a green spring and the Shooter Rod has an Orange Spring.
The Amber shooter rod does not launch the ball as strongly as the original shooter rod.
Any thoughts on how to solve this issue?
Thanks

Did you block out the existing shooter plate in painters tape before you removed it to ensure you put the new one back in the exact same spot? Most people's issues have been from misalignment on the re-install.

#8863 1 year ago
Quoted from classic-chevyguy:

I did not, since that was not part of the Stern instructions.
How do I recapture the correct alignment?
Also, as mentioned above, what do I need to check at the end of the shooter rod?

You can possibly look at the indentations on front of the cabinet. Otherwise just unscrew it give it a slight adjustment and tighten it down just enough to test plunge it. Repeat until you find the sweet spot.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 35.00
$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jarbyjibbo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club?tu=jarbyjibbo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.