(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,218 posts
  • 803 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by scootss
  • Topic is favorited by 439 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1098 (resized).png
B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_030524583 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #885 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex alignment bulletin from Stern. Posted by pickleric (4 years ago)

Post #1396 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter fix Posted by Chambahz (4 years ago)

Post #1619 read before dismantling the raptor Posted by timlah79 (4 years ago)

Post #1830 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex adjustment info according to Keith Elwin Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #2358 TREX Adjustment info Posted by imagamejunky (4 years ago)

Post #2625 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Raptor pit detailed adjustment instructions. Posted by yancy (4 years ago)

Post #2994 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex head removal tips and Jaw screw fix. Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #3326 Amber Bonus rules and details Posted by fooflighter (4 years ago)

Post #3417 TECH: SWITCHES. Opto sensor not registering on orbit fix Posted by caker137 (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jahkub.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2709 4 years ago

How about some fake solar panels, or an AC unit.

#2750 4 years ago

Just wondering if anyone else has had issues with the T-rex ramp exit opto? Mine seems to miss fast shots up the ramp and I'd rather not mess with it before seeing if anyone else has had and fixed this issue.

#2752 4 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Does anyone know where to connect the amber shooter rod to power for lighting?

I'd assume the ticket power connector?

#2765 4 years ago
Quoted from Rydhia:

Yes, I had this issue. The opto towards the back of the machine was too high up for the pre drilled hole in the ramp. I had to unscrew it a little and it works perfect now.
At some point I’ll take it apart and correct the drilling, but it’s fine for now.

Thanks, I figured it was an issue that has been seen before. Cheers!

#2802 4 years ago

I know what I needed to replace the yellow coin card...

jurassicParkJeffGoldblumShirtless (resized).jpgjurassicParkJeffGoldblumShirtless (resized).jpg
#2840 4 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Yes, this has happened on mine about 6 or 7 times now. It's always in chaos multi-ball and I believe it's after a ball has gone up into the Raptor pen (and not kept there). The game is losing track of how many balls are still in play. For mine it goes dead once one ball drains and there's still one ball in play.
Definite code bug

I think I saw discussion about this on tiltforums, so Kieth and team are aware.

#2845 4 years ago

With all this talk of fixes I thought I'd share a couple of mine. First was that the raptor hip nut had come off within 10 games out of the box.
As tightening the screw too much prevents the raptor from moving I reversed the nut so that the nylon on the nut faced inward. This gives a good amount of hold while being able to keep the screw loose enough. The alternative would be to get a screw that is long enough to reach the nylon portion of the nut without being too tight on the raptor hip. Probably a 1/8-1/4" longer would do the trick.

I also encountered problems with the exit opto on the T-Rex ramp, specifically the board closest to the back. The opto wasn't properly aligned and was causing fast shots not to register. Another person on here said theirs was too high for the hole so they loosened the screws slightly in order to line it up with the ramp holes. When I looked at mine it was too low so the screw fix wouldn't work. After looking at it a bit more I saw that it was really a problem with the plastic mounting point not being square with the side of the ramp causing the opto to be pointing too low, not actually being too low. My fix was to loosen the opto board and then shim one side of it and then tighten it back up. This pivoted the board so that it's now square with the side of the ramp.

#2848 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I don’t recall seeing this mentioned there. I just went and scrolled back through the forum again and there was a mention of flippers going dead after a control room mode is started, but I didn’t see anything about it happening in Chaos MB. I could have missed it though.

I guess I must have been thinking of the control room bug then, I had the chaos bug happen the other day and must have linked the two in my head then.

1 week later
#3211 4 years ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

Sure as hell wish I could edit that post and remove that image..... I know I'm gonna catch hell for that! No one wants to see a post of a Hatch Green Chile stuffed Pork Loin in the making..... guys, I apologize.

Hey, I'm in New Mexico, no need to remove that image. (just don't pull a Colorado and claim that chile as your own)

#3215 4 years ago

Maybe there is some bias in the spinning post part of the blade? Try unscrewing it without any movement of the post, then screwing it back down in the proper position.

#3366 4 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

When I make a fast shot to the Trex ramp it is not registering. The opto is working but not registering really fast shots. The opto looks like it is aligned properly, anything else to check? These are shots when Trex is up out of the way.

I also encountered problems with the opto on the T-Rex ramp, specifically the ramp exit opto. The rear most board wasn't properly aligned with the hole in the ramp and was causing fast shots not to register. The problem was with the plastic ramp mounting point being more than 90 degrees to the side of the ramp with the hole, causing the opto to be tilted downward slightly and pointing too low. My fix was to loosen the opto board and then shim between the ramp and the board and then tighten it back up. This pivoted the board so that it's now square with the side of the ramp.

Here's an exaggerated image to clarify.
Untitled234242 (resized).jpgUntitled234242 (resized).jpg
Edit: It's really easy to check the alignment if you pull the playfield all the way out onto the service rails and then pick up the playfield by the handle on the back. Just lift until you can get a good view of the alignment of the board, you might even need to shim it the other way.

Maybe add this as a key topic for fixing the T-Rex ramp opto @eightballtexas?

#3378 4 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

I shimmed it like in the picture and has registered every time so far 15 games.

So glad it helped you too!
I didn't want to wait to hear back from Stern's engineering department in order to properly play the game. Other than that, I had to enlarge the mounting holes on the raptor gate mech so that it would have wiggle room to clear the playfield.

#3397 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

So this solves the same thing as the tape solution? I am confused about which opto this is referring to.

During switch test my game was showing the entrance opto but not the exit opto on fast shots.
The opto hiding behind the backboard, the ramp exit opto.

1 week later
#3629 4 years ago
Quoted from Had:

Probably not relevant, although I received my premium yesterday in Australia.
Out of interest, can someone tell me where I can find information on the build date?

There should be a sticker on the back of the cabinet.

2 weeks later
#3805 4 years ago

Here's the T-Rex fix (for the exit opto) that I did. I haven't had a missed shot since. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/68#post-5334805

Here's the image from that post for quick reference

e4740ba6a7a7ed136c34a6e5e394216ab0f9c0c7 (resized).jpge4740ba6a7a7ed136c34a6e5e394216ab0f9c0c7 (resized).jpg
#3808 4 years ago
Quoted from wheels:

I'm going to try this right now. I purchased the #4 washers to try as well. I'll try this next if your suggestion doesn't work.
I'm not sure where the exit opto is; I'm just trying to get the T-Rex to catch the hard shots.
Thank you to everyone for all your suggestions.
This game is awesome!

The exit opto is mounted to the rear most part of the T-Rex ramp, (behind the backboard) it's mounted to the plastic so a machined mount isn't much of an option. You can see if it's parallel to the side of the ramp by pulling the pf to the end of the service rails and lifting on the rear handle. Mine wasn't as exaggerated as the diagram but it was obviously not parallel.

#3891 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Hey guys for the raptor.. unscrew the hip screw and take out the washer ..not really sure why it's in there to begin with because it's got a plastic guide that the body travels within.. when you re tighten hip screw just tighten it enough but not too much or you'll bind the body and legs together...also slightly loosen up the screw holding the stack of weights if they are tight not only will the screw end touch the plastic and hang up but the rigidness of the stack of weights doesn't allow the raptor free fall back into position... if you've got them slightly loose the randomness of their weight brings the raptor right back to the starting position... Worked for me and the raptor moves like it should 100% of the time now

I put the nut in backwards so that the nylock grabs sooner so you can get it right where you want it.

#4029 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

The code update notes say the award of a super tranq isn't stackable and is re-lit with raptor tower awards but they don't say how many raptor tower shots are required, so I'm not positive if it's awarding me a new tranq on that callout or not. If it is a new one, then I should probably be using my original one sooner instead of hanging onto it and then getting the reload to use on T-Rex or Spiny, right?

It should be awarded every 5 tower shots.

1 week later
#4142 4 years ago

As long as it stays in the top 10 I'm satisfied.

#4200 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

There is no less shame. You’re both cheating.

I feel guilty just leaving extra balls turned on anymore, but I know I'll need them to see anything late game
Same applies to TSPP, I'll never see that wizard mode but I'll keep trying.

#4225 4 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

I'm curious if delts31 is planning to continue his solid work on a remixed audio package with the iconic callouts from the movie or if someone else is working on that as well. I see the work that folks are doing on other titles and definitely feel like this game needs a killer audio mix with all of the callouts we know and love. Cleland does killer work as well as I'm sure others in the pinside community have done for other games. What's the good word on this front?

The latest Stern code releases aren't working in PBB at the moment, oga83 has found the fix but is waiting to finish spike 2 video replacement (!) before rolling out the update.

#4234 4 years ago
Quoted from MrBubbles:

So I tried it... Still doing the same thing as in the video I posted above. Calmly dropping the ball just short of the wireform, almost in an antagonistic way just to piss me off. That's with the right bias set all the way to 15 (0 is the default). So then I decided to enable the throw so I don't have to see the failed drop. To my surprise, even with the throw setting enabled... He still does the same exact "missing ramp wireform" drop. It's like this setting has no impact on the behavior whether it's set to yes or no. Can anyone confirm that toggling that setting back and forth actually changes the behavior? Throws the ball when "yes" and drops the ball on the wireform when "no"?[quoted image]

Maybe power cycling the game after changing settings will help? I know that's an issue for adjusting the crane on BM66.

#4258 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Glad to see someone else using the free play card I made

1 week later
#4367 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I had this issue as well. The gate was installed too close to the PF (should have been centered). Loosen the mech (under the PF) and see if you can move it forward a bit (so it doesn’t “catch” on the PF).

To add to this comment, you might need to slightly enlarge the mounting holes so that you can get some play in the mech. I used a slightly larger drill bit to make it work, another person used a dremel tool to enlarge the holes.

#4369 4 years ago
Quoted from jdroc:

Ditto - mine was mounted slightly crooked, causing it to get stuck on the top of the pf as it retracted and having the ball get stuck in the raptor cage when the gate dropped. I had to make the mounting holes slightly larger, then filled in the bigger hole with a couple of broken off toothpicks, and re-screwed it down and it's been great since then.

To be clear, I enlarged the metal holes on the mech, not the wood. Either could work though.

#4477 4 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Anyone else getting echo-y audio with .98 on JP Premium? I've tried the speaker settings at 4 and 8 ohms and I hear echo both ways.

I had echo-y audio once on .97, it went away after a reboot.

#4509 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

My stock upper right flipper alignment is slightly off the flipper "dot" (in the PF), which is directly behind the post. This seems to be the case for other examples as well. Seems like it makes the tower shot more difficult. On another example, I re-aligned the flipper with the dot/post and the tower was much easier to hit. Now that it's my 2nd example and Stern seems to be consistent with the recessed alignment, I'm wondering if it's intentional.
Is you upper flipper in line with the post or slightly off? Have you been adjusting it?
Curious...thanks for any feedback.[quoted image]

You want the post to divert the ball from draining down the center, if you line it up with the dot you'll likely have a lot of center drains.

1 week later
#4612 4 years ago
20200220_213840 (resized).jpg20200220_213840 (resized).jpg
#4641 4 years ago
Quoted from Alattig:

Not sure how I managed to get the ball stuck behind the raptor...other than it came off the upper flipper with some wicked spin.[quoted image]

Haha, I got it stick there once as well. It wasn't very easy to get out either.

2 weeks later
#4804 4 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

I assume im not the first to notice keith elwins picture in the control room animation right?

Just to add to the easter egg. In the original JP film Nedry's computer has a small photo of Oppenheimer smoking a pipe and a post-it note above it with a drawing of a thought bubble with a mushroom cloud in it.

1 week later
#4879 4 years ago

I can't imagine it's easy to source crane flies in the winter. I wonder what the substitute insect is?

5 months later
#5955 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Hey guys, just thought I should mention that the LE armour isn't powder coated, it's actually a plastic wrap ... don't ask how I know, and replacements aren't available

That's not how it's advertised, I'd be mad.

dgsdg (resized).JPGdgsdg (resized).JPG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mansfield, OH
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinhead mods

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jahkub.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club?tu=jahkub and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.