(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_030524583 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_031412806.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0996 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0997 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0382 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0381 (resized).jpeg
20231207_202319 (resized).jpg
IMG_0971 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #885 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex alignment bulletin from Stern. Posted by pickleric (4 years ago)

Post #1396 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter fix Posted by Chambahz (4 years ago)

Post #1619 read before dismantling the raptor Posted by timlah79 (4 years ago)

Post #1830 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex adjustment info according to Keith Elwin Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #2358 TREX Adjustment info Posted by imagamejunky (4 years ago)

Post #2625 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Raptor pit detailed adjustment instructions. Posted by yancy (4 years ago)

Post #2994 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex head removal tips and Jaw screw fix. Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #3326 Amber Bonus rules and details Posted by fooflighter (4 years ago)

Post #3417 TECH: SWITCHES. Opto sensor not registering on orbit fix Posted by caker137 (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j85m.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#782 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

#380 delivered and set. No issues so far.

Unfortunately I don’t think hawkmoon77 had issues right away, hope yours is fine but these seem to be a ticking time bomb until the art and clear starts lifting, I’m not confident Elvira3 won’t have issues with the ball continually firing out of that elevated kicker.

#788 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

So the weird thing is that the rippled and peeled paint seems rock hard in that rippled shape. I'm sure the paint wouldn't ripple along the apron edge, and then they'd clear coat it afterward... But how does it ripple with a fully dry clear coat?
I suppose if the clear coat was soft, and the surface got pulled when they installed the apron, it might wrinkle the paint, and then when the clear cures, it stiffens up the wrinkles? I'm just speculating. I would have thought poor adhesion would just cause it to chip away. But to ripple and then get hardened in that shape? Weird.
Anyone think a green sharpie would fix this up? Maybe they'll send me one when they send the missing parts they forgot to install on the playfield.

Is there anyway you can return it under your local consumer laws? No idea where you based but at £10k here in the U.K. this is a joke!

#793 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

IMO that is a no question full game swap or refund. Or a populated PF swap at the very least if you're happy to go through that process. Should be no hesitation, delays or questions from either Stern or your dealer.

The question is do Stern actually have any playfields that are 100% without defects? Yes some might be okay at this minute but I wouldn’t like to put money on it that they are going to stay that way, which is why I pulled my money from JPLE.

#797 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I've had experience with Stern customer support and it has all been positive.

100% do not accept anything less than a full populated PF swap.

Same here I’ve always had great end results dealing with Stern they where fantastic when it came to swapping my BM66LE playfield and even went above and beyond to ensure I was happy at the end of it all.

The issue here now is spending £10k with a known defect compared to my BM66 which was a production error/assembly mistake. At 10k I expect a quality product not one shipping out the door with known production issues.

#798 4 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Don't be shy about bringing this to both your Distributors attention and to Stern, if your distributor doesnt support you. You can even call Stern directly to explain what you've found, then send them pics. I've always found them super helpful and great to deal with.
I would expect that ESPECIALLY if it's thought that this was an error caused before the pin left the factory and was caused by an employee while being put together, that Stern might consider that eligible for their "case by case" support.
Fingers are crossed for ya!

Read post above! Had great support from Stern in the past but at these prices I expect a product without defects.

#826 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Gawd this has me on the fence... I've got a great distributor and have a deposit in on a JP Premium, but these issues seem to be really piling on... I'm new to the hobby with 6 months of playing and purchased a now perfect (small wiring issue initially) SW Premium NIB Feb 19 build and no issues after putting over 3000 games in it (yeah) I'm addicted and SW games can be short ... But man o man,... I want to support Stern and keep the order in, but would just love to hear something from them official to quell the fires and put my mind at ease.... It seems everytime I login to pinside, I see a new horror show

Your in for a Premium, no rush on those, Stern produce titles normally for about 2-3 years so hold or cancel your order, play the hell out of your SW and wait until Stern have this playfield issue sorted then order worry free, why take the risk when you don’t have to?

#902 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

Okay. In my personal opinion.
- The best game I've ever played. Both the best in terms of approachability for casual players new to the game, and the best for continuing to challenge owners with depth, nuance, options, and customized experiences.
- Best toy. And best implementation of a toy. Eating the ball, throwing it in different ways, synchronization to sound effects. Watching the ball during gameplay, user interaction, Trex multiball, Trex car chase scene, Trex save the person trapped in the car, Trex rampage... So many uses. It's an amazing addition.
- Best pre-1.0 code and on its way to being the best code I've played on. Meaningful gameplay, different kinds of interactions with raptors, trex, and a varied advancement through the padocks? All being done purposefully. Non repetative callouts. Ridiculous depth. And did I mention this is pre 1.0 with new major stuff to come?
- excellent shots and combos. Fun ball launch. Excellent flow. Fast, but intentional. Major ramps and scoops. All very visible. Nothing is hidden. Great view of the ball, but everything still looks full inside. Its hard but accessible, and very few "I lost but it wasn't my fault" moments. Great ball returns too. You feel in control much more than on other games.
- theme implementation... Somehow I'm reliving my favorite scenes in the movie while also doing my own thing? A great balance that makes it less like a soundboard and more like a real Jurassic Park experience.
- Best display. This isn't just movie clips (although my favorite scenes have been faithfully redone). Nor is this Adobe Illustrator style cutouts. It's great CG that recreates the movie and blends it into the aesthetic of the game. Recreating these scenes must have cost a fortune, but it allowed them to really integrate the movie with the game in a way that would be impossible with just clips. This is going to set a new standard for pinball CG in my opinion. Even the voice acting (which I was originally not excited about) allows more varied and specific callouts in a way that movie clips wouldn't have been able to do alone. I get it now.
- artwork it's great, overall look makes me feel like I'm on the island. I couldn't ask for anything else.

Quoted from timlah79:

#362 is all set up! Added my Lego topper and a programmable LED strip. Doesn't look like there's room for the T-Rex itself but that's ok. I've attached it well using Collectors Hold Museum Putty. Hopefully that was the right move! Man, when shaker really gets going it does seem like Lego is going to explode but I think it will be alright! I'd love any advice on how to better light it up BTW (tiny spotlights?).
I'm about 30 games in and no problems so far! The playfield is flawless from what I can tell. Only minor issues (which are likely more newbie curiosities than anything IMO) but folks might want to know about:
- The raptor toy's counterbalance weight is not quite a straight cylinder, so it was getting stuck above the plastic guard when leaning forward. All I had to do was turn it so that the fatter side of it kept it under the plastic. Problem solved.
- The upper flipper post was very loose. Fortunately we caught that before playing and tightened it up.
- I'm unsure how the T-Rex jaw is supposed to lay on the ramp. It seems to lay slightly off-set to the left and many times hasn't caught the ball. But again the ramp itself is curved so maybe this is expected? And also expected to not be a guaranteed contact even if you make a solid shot up the ramp? Maybe I just need to play better!
- I'd like to be able to dial down the shaker and disable it electronically from time to time but I assume that's not a thing (yet).
LMK if you want to see pictures of any of the above.
In all, I am truly blown away by this game and extremely happy with it. I was looking for my first pin to be one that will keep me coming back home to free play in between gallivanting around all of the amazing pin spots in Seattle. I think I got it right with this purchase! [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great write up guys and glad to hear your game is flawless timlah79 hopefully this is a sign Stern are on top of the playfield issues.

#927 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Ugh, no. Sorry. I guess I need to move where my thumb is on my iPad when I scroll. Guess I accidentally hit down vote?

How big are your thumbs!?

2 weeks later
#1520 4 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

I volunteered for the first round of Omegas, but they’re apparently not compatible with the hovers right now.

Oh that will inevitably happen with Omega ver.2

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop
Backbox
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs
Other
Machine - For Sale
Niwot, CO
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 16.00
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 35.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com
Protection
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 39.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j85m.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club?tu=j85m and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.