(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By EightBallTexas

11 months ago

Topic Stats

• 5,635 posts
  • 480 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by JohnnyGee
  • Topic is favorited by 231 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,306 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

D03A51EC-433D-4D09-90C0-08EA7204FBE5 (resized).jpeg
59A53F49-2495-4C41-8312-964A63E39FD1 (resized).jpeg
732E6E45-7E5C-4D26-BB1D-C4BA6E2DAF11 (resized).png
CC7867A0-593C-4F2C-8361-CDECBCD525D6 (resized).jpeg
793FE1C2-EA34-4C1F-9890-6039CBA34365 (resized).jpeg
834862DA-E8AF-4E4C-B4F9-638DBE6F383F (resized).jpeg
IMAG1570 (resized).jpg
2020-06-28_11-11-11 (resized).png
20200627_133920 (resized).jpg
20200627_002835 (resized).jpg
20200626_203229 (resized).jpg
20200626_203235 (resized).jpg
20200626_172303 (resized).jpg
20200626_170836 (resized).jpg
77336126-AB31-4375-A3CA-80150C34F901 (resized).jpeg
73B78C25-EF10-4038-BA68-0D686D073FD3 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #622 KME posts on TREX adjustments. Posted by sk8ball (9 months ago)

Post #885 More info on aligning the TREX. Posted by pickleric (9 months ago)

Post #1396 Shooter fix Posted by Chambahz (8 months ago)

Post #1619 read before dismantling the raptor Posted by timlah79 (8 months ago)

Post #1830 KME gives info on how to adjust the T-Rex. Posted by sk8ball (8 months ago)

Post #2358 TREX Adjustment info Posted by imagamejunky (8 months ago)

Post #2625 Adjusting the raptor pit. Posted by yancy (7 months ago)

Post #2994 How to Remove TREX Head and also fix Jaw Screw that came out/loose Posted by f3honda4me (7 months ago)

Post #3326 Amber Bonus rules and details Posted by fooflighter (7 months ago)

Post #3417 Fix for Orbit optical sensors not registering shots Posted by caker137 (7 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flynnyfalcon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#31 11 months ago

LE deposit paid, and now the wait for shipping to Oz begins... Never owned a Stern (outside of my Classic Stern Quicksilver), Jurassic Park is the first to scream "buy me". Can't wait!!

#75 11 months ago
Quoted from Digduglus:

Hello, im stoked got my invoice for a premium! This is kinda my first NIB pin... my first was monster bash special from cgc, but thats a remake of a 99 table, so this will be my first time doing code updates and all that. Cant wait for the amber shooter rod.

I’m in the same position, recently picked up my very first NIB, a MBRLE but yep, although all the extra CGC add ons are amazing, I didn’t get that absolute new pin feel. JP will definitely be that, cant wait.

#78 11 months ago
Quoted from EightBallTexas:

Welcome FF,
Please make sure you guys all vote for which MOD goes first.
This is going to be a great club/room.[quoted image]

?? Maybe best you start a dedicated mod thread 8BT. I’m happy to wait till I get the pin to see what it needs if anything.

1 month later
#383 9 months ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Just received an email to pay in full for my Premium. Sounds like Stern is pushing the full payment before you get it because of the buyers backing out of their order.

Sounds more like a distributer choice rather than a directive from Stern. Would be very surprising otherwise.

#434 9 months ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

It does have inside blades.[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks awesome!!!!

Some LE gameplay vids would be awesome if you can, especially with TREX doing his thing.

#480 9 months ago
Quoted from estrader:

For me its worth the extra money. The powder coating (400), shaker (100), hd glass(200), art blades(100), upgraded speaker (100) and back glass (100) most of which I would do anyway(maybe not the back glass). Add in my time because I dont have to deal with any of this myself and its well over 1500 in savings. I know some numbers are maybe a little high while some are a little low.
Some people I understand its not worth it because they dont want the extras or like to do the install on their own.
That is what makes our country great is the different opinions and the fact we do have options.

Maybe it’s the currency exchange to Australia but I think you’re undervaluing the extras included in the LE. The mirrored backglass alone would have to be $3-400. What do CPR sell theirs for? HD glass also in the $3-400 range. The upgraded amps and speakers would have to be worth more than $100.

Personally I think the value is about right for JPLE. I picked up a MBRLE recently and the LE value was easily justifiable to the SE.

At the end of the day, get what makes you happy.

#699 9 months ago
Quoted from Carz5811:

#177 has arrived...[quoted image]

Looks like you’ve already added some mods, speaker lights and flipper button lights. Happy with how it came up?

#894 9 months ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

I had tried twice now to write up why this is the best game I've ever played. But I would have to write a full page worth of bullet points to just get started.

Well, try a 3rd time ☺️

#895 9 months ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

nothing better than your 7 year old asking to put on the plastic protectors that have been sitting on the work bench for two days...[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for sharing, that’s awesome!! Hoping my young boy takes to JP when it arrives.

#896 9 months ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

keep in mind this is a new game, but built when this debacle was still in its peak. Which is why I'm surprised to see it happen again with a JPLE, my JP looks fine overall. The beatles has a bunch of tiny lines running through out the playfield. They aren't smooth at 1/4 of the way down the playfield, there are also two descent sized lines that can be seen/felt. one near ringos head.
I saw one other guy with those lines on a maiden, it's like the wood grain raised (humidity?) or they didn't prep the wood or something.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

For reference, I’m currently in discussion with CGC as the same wood texture is completely covering my Monster Bash LE, ever square inch except for the inserts. They acknowledged the issue, yet pushed the point that it’s an inherent problem of working with natural products. They’ve offered an unpopulated playfield, I’m pushing for a populated.

02E4E8E2-853A-47CE-953E-75A22A2BB0FB (resized).jpeg847852BC-CBB6-4223-9535-321BF535FC65 (resized).jpegE7D34EF3-3EB5-4765-8786-CBE3033FFD88 (resized).jpeg
#898 9 months ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

That's crazy, does it happen after the fact or something? I've never seen the line effect before I got that game. Now I've seen three games with it. Did they specify what is causing it?

They didn’t add much more than I’ve mentioned.

#1000 9 months ago

God it annoys me that people feel the need to downvote someone if the post anything positive towards Pinstadiums?? So bloody childish. Why do they care what another’s preference are??

And for reference I don’t own any pinstadiums.

#1047 9 months ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

Interesting. Thank you. It is wildly distracting when playing a game. I couldn't even understand how a clear square insert got there, but then I noticed they also use one in the raptor cage. Must have been a mixup.
I just feel like it's more than a QC issue. At some point, that person learned it should be orange but didn't speak up about having done it wrong... What about the person who put the labels on the inserts all day? They didn't notice the word RESCUE was going over a clear when they've done hundreds (thousands) before? What about any of the PF assemblers? Or the final inspection? So many opportunities for someone who sees hundreds of these on a regular basis to notice a glaring issues like that. It's actually a little disappointing.

Agree... I’m sure a lot of it is automated, but it would have gone through many human Stern hands before yours.

#1271 8 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Why? It's a great game. The jeep is fine, everybody is too busy playing the game to worry about that BS

Completely agree, the constant BS about mods and the need to mod JP is ridiculous. You’d think the aim of pinball was not to actually play pinball but to add mods. JP is decked out, especially the LE, just play it and continue to make us Aussies jealous as we wait and wait and wait.

#1296 8 months ago

Those cab protectors look pretty neat. Can they be bought somewhere?

#1298 8 months ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

The Pinball Universe ones are neat, I use them.
[quoted image]

Thanks... I'll give them a look

#1411 8 months ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Not for long. Haters gonna hate, now that it’s getting some recognition.
Look at the most recent ratings. Lowest ones have occurred since JPLE was rated in the top spot.
“And that’s why we can’t have nice things!”

Totally agree. After seeing the JP release, I immediately put my name down for an LE, my first Stern NIB. And after playing the pro, I'm utterly convinced it's possibly the most complete pin ever made. I've only heard universal praise for it's layout, music, toys and beta code. Art will always be subjective and licensing will restrict creativity, but Stern have hit a massive home run here.

People have the right to say what they feel, but for JPLE, when review ratings are lower than 8, I question the authors credibility.

1 week later
#1624 8 months ago

Any Aussie LE buyers know when they’re landing?

1 week later
#2000 8 months ago

2000th post

#2003 8 months ago

Can anyone with Pinstadiums (Ideally on a JP) explain where they are powered from?

#2054 8 months ago
Quoted from cooked71:

It’s a long way down here 8ball. I think they’re all on a ship as we speak but won’t arrive until end November.

Yep, definitely been on the ship for weeks already. Spoke to Zax at the Expo on the weekend, they’re still expecting mid November.

1 week later
#2628 7 months ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Due this week
Wont be able to unbox for a few weeks

Did AMD confirm this?

1 week later
#2826 7 months ago

JP LE’s have finally landed in Oz!! Some are picking up today, I’m hoping to grab mine tomorrow morning.

Pretty damn excited to say the least!!

#2859 7 months ago

Finally got my hands on my JPLE. Pretty pumped.... sadly it’ll be dropped off at home and straight off to work

41125B14-283D-4AFD-9842-A2C63ED55458 (resized).jpeg
#2861 7 months ago

And she’s in. Sadly no time to play...

Update... snuck home for 5min and played my very first game. Plays so beautifully. Super excited to get home tonight ❤️❤️

F32C05AB-CA18-4C8E-8D60-34E60034C1B7 (resized).jpeg90F4757D-21A6-4E20-9BB8-567842101241 (resized).jpeg
#2946 7 months ago

For those using Pinstadiums on JP, where are you plugging your UV flashers into? Not even convinced the game needs the UV, but will plug it in and decide.

#3004 7 months ago
Quoted from bbulkley:

I took the forum's advice and adjusted my angle to 7 degrees. I need to relearn the ramp shots but the upper right ramp is already far easier to hit. The helicopter is difficult but possible now, whereas it was nearly impossible before.

Agree, I had the same problem here, originally set at around 7.9deg, it played fast but some shots felt impossible to hit. Another issue was moderate ball hop on both sides making the wider shots even more difficult. Lowered the playfield back to around 7deg and adjusted the ball guides to minimise/remove ball hop. Made a bid difference.

#3008 7 months ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Jason at Classicgamerooms on eBay told me he had the Amber shooter rods in stock;
ebay.com link » Stern Jurassic Park Pinball Machine Shooter Knob Rod

Thanks.... just ordered.

#3119 7 months ago
Quoted from VindictiveX:

left white flasher. I think it works and looks great there. I tried the Red flasher on the right, but did not care for the UV going off during the chopper blade movement.
left white flasher goes off during most major shots and all jackpots! It also flashed at the beginning of a control room mode.

I moved mine to the shaker motor. Timing and usage seems to correspond really well.

#3195 7 months ago

I’ve asked on the other JP thread, but I’ll ask here also.

I pulled apart my helicopter area to get to the rubbers below due to some SDTM from bricked shots. I’ve put everything back as per normal (also referring to the manual) and now the helicopter blades won’t settle in the right position. They’re seemingly not moving as freely. I’ve loosened and tightened the top screw of the helicopter with no change. Can anyone offer any suggestions?
2B558F8A-7908-4130-BE55-6DF02E5EAABA (resized).jpeg

#3214 7 months ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

There should be screws and nuts on 3 of the 4 blades. Looks like yours had only screws on 1. Here's mine. They act as counterweights. Ok ignore the 1st picture. I cant make that go away. It was something I made in the smoker.[quoted image][quoted image]

Mine is definitely the same as yours. Might be hard to tell from my pic, but all nuts/bolts are in place. I’ve been messaged by another Pinsider with the same prob. Pretty annoying.

#3273 7 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

Updated my code for .95. Again, this is very light but fixes IMO some of the worst speech and includes a proper welcome to JP amongst other things.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=16DJ3ucS1vlvIN8YfqYU4u0iM6XMxvLS5
btw - no issues with updating to the newest code.

Any YouTube footage of gameplay with your handy work? Would be very interested to see it.

2 weeks later
#3627 6 months ago

Installed some deluxe speaker lights from Doug @ speakerlightkits. Easy install and really happy with the results. 100’s of different light modes, still trying to work out which looks best.

D4336429-7A9C-4EEE-8AAE-10B7326C6071 (resized).jpeg
#3632 6 months ago
Quoted from Hadley:

Probably not relevant, although I received my premium yesterday in Australia.
Out of interest, can someone tell me where I can find information on the build date?

Congrats!! Perfect timing for the Chrissy break. Make sure you update to latest code. Some big changes recently.

#3641 6 months ago
Quoted from Boondocker:

Looks good, but do you really see that much glare on the glass?

From my usual standing/playing position (which is not the position I took the photo from) the reflection of the speaker lights is in the very upper left and right, so it’s not noticeable at all and does not hinder visibility.

4 weeks later
#4143 5 months ago

In my opinion, JP is 100% in the top 3 pinball machines of all time, no questions asked. It's a flipp'n masterpiece and getting better with ever code update. Haters are goner hate and all that, but how anyone can rate JP less than an 8 in any category is taking the piss. For any credibility, Pinside really needs to name and shame the users who continually low ball ratings, or simply disregard the fools ratings who try and build their ego through downing others.

But at the end of the day, I really don't care, JP is a bloody phenomenal pin. Could quite happily sell everything as long as my JPLE remained.

#4144 5 months ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I got something pretty cool to go with my premium at Expo. During the "Making of Jurassic Park seminar Keith gave me a signed one-of-one CAD drawing that they used to create the game. Going to frame it up eventually and hang it over the game.
[quoted image][quoted image]

What a generous gesture! Congrats, you must be super excited

2 weeks later
#4388 5 months ago
Quoted from Manny65:

My raptor isn't moving, it moves freely by hand and doesn't seem to be getting caught on anything (as per the issues previously posted). I noticed the screw under the raptor on the metal bracket was loose, however when I tighten it the metal arm that makes the raptor lean forward doesn't move at all.
Has anyone got closeup photos of how this mechanism should look or be assembled (the manual doesn't show this)? Does the vertical component of the metal arm sit in front of the target in the raptor pit, so the ball hits it which pushes against the target switch and flips the back up to knock the raptor forward? Or does that piece sit behind the target? I've tried both but neither work.
Any help appreciated[quoted image]

Mine appears to do the same. Only started happening the last couple of weeks.

2 weeks later
#4606 4 months ago

I have a vague recollection of KME stating he’s not a fan of video modes.

1 week later
#4706 4 months ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Rampage is the TRex mode which really gives value[quoted image]

Geesuz!!!

#4736 3 months ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Congrats! Just got mine last night as well with a 02/20 D.O.B.
I was pleasantly surprised to see everything is 100% working as intended. There were some ball trails on the inlanes and the TREX had been adjusted outside of factory settings, so that demonstrates to me Stern thoroughly play-tested this.
GREAT. F'ing. GAME![quoted image]

Congrats!! Some sweet pins there, blaspheme cutting out your Quicksilver though!!

#4790 3 months ago
Quoted from Manny65:

I spotted the Quicksilver too and I wondered how your resto was going ... clearly ya spending too much time playing JP

Haha, I’ve kept a semi updated log on AA, but yep, you’re mostly correct. Cab is nearly all done (wiring, boards etc), I’ll start repopulating the new playfield soon.

#4792 3 months ago

Just got word my shooter is finally being delivered... what a wait! Almost forgot about it.

2 weeks later
#4882 3 months ago
Quoted from adamross:

timlah79 who did you speak to at Stern? Just received my shooter knob as well with the same shitty looking bug but support told me to live with it.[quoted image]

I received mine yesterday and sadly it looks identical to yours. So disappointing after waiting for so long. I contacted Stern and am waiting for a reply. The mosquito looks nothing like how it was original advertised, how it passed QC is beyond me.

#4891 3 months ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Doesn't sound like anyone is disagreeing with you. Why don't you return the shooter if you are unhappy with it? Unlike a pinball machine, shipping is really straightforward. I can't imagine they won't take this back if you are unhappy.

Being in Australia adds significant cost to shipping it back. If Stern ship me a new(correct) one and cover the cost of shipping the old one back then no worries.

1 month later
#5274 58 days ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Following up on the playfield, as promised.
I got my game today and as far as I'm concerned the playfield is perfect. I can't find any indication of ribbing, sunken/raised inserts, or any other flaws. If I run my hand across it it feels perfectly flat. It does look like a thinner clear coat than what's on my Deadpool and Maiden, I'd say it's similar in thickness to the clear on my TSPP.
The build date for my game is 3/19/2020 (PF build date is 3/2/2020).
Anyways, this game rocks and I'm super glad I picked it up!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great trio right there!!

#5275 58 days ago

Can someone lend a hand? I’ve had this problem since day dot. Tried varying playfield angles, double checked everything, but orbit shots continually hit the truck on the way around. Drives me crazy.

#5280 58 days ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Playfield angle??

I’ve tried everything from 6ish to 8ish, now around the 7 mark

#5310 52 days ago

Really comes down to the lighting in the room. If it’s well placed and the right brightness, there’s no need, especially so if you have anti reflective glass.

But in a dark room, extra lighting be it Pinstadiums, Omegas, DIY, spot lights or whatever really help lift those shadows. So much easier on your eyes as well.

328E24AA-AC07-408B-B24D-DB12AF889345 (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#5388 28 days ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

I’m in!
[quoted image]

Really?? I was struggling to believe Stern would sell a single unit, but you've proved me wrong. Hope it puts a smile on your face.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hauppauge, NY

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flynnyfalcon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside