(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By EightBallTexas

11 months ago

Topic Stats

• 5,648 posts
  • 481 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by timlah79
  • Topic is favorited by 233 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,307 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

BreakoutCleverGirl00_x1600 (resized).jpg
D03A51EC-433D-4D09-90C0-08EA7204FBE5 (resized).jpeg
59A53F49-2495-4C41-8312-964A63E39FD1 (resized).jpeg
732E6E45-7E5C-4D26-BB1D-C4BA6E2DAF11 (resized).png
CC7867A0-593C-4F2C-8361-CDECBCD525D6 (resized).jpeg
793FE1C2-EA34-4C1F-9890-6039CBA34365 (resized).jpeg
834862DA-E8AF-4E4C-B4F9-638DBE6F383F (resized).jpeg
IMAG1570 (resized).jpg
2020-06-28_11-11-11 (resized).png
20200627_133920 (resized).jpg
20200627_002835 (resized).jpg
20200626_203229 (resized).jpg
20200626_203235 (resized).jpg
20200626_172303 (resized).jpg
20200626_170836 (resized).jpg
77336126-AB31-4375-A3CA-80150C34F901 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #622 KME posts on TREX adjustments. Posted by sk8ball (9 months ago)

Post #885 More info on aligning the TREX. Posted by pickleric (9 months ago)

Post #1396 Shooter fix Posted by Chambahz (8 months ago)

Post #1619 read before dismantling the raptor Posted by timlah79 (8 months ago)

Post #1830 KME gives info on how to adjust the T-Rex. Posted by sk8ball (8 months ago)

Post #2358 TREX Adjustment info Posted by imagamejunky (8 months ago)

Post #2625 Adjusting the raptor pit. Posted by yancy (8 months ago)

Post #2994 How to Remove TREX Head and also fix Jaw Screw that came out/loose Posted by f3honda4me (7 months ago)

Post #3326 Amber Bonus rules and details Posted by fooflighter (7 months ago)

Post #3417 Fix for Orbit optical sensors not registering shots Posted by caker137 (7 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flashburn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#659 9 months ago

Anyone else notice a large number of scratches on the clear of their LE? I noticed it right out of the box. I'm not sure if putting plays on it is adding more, but they are pretty noticeable. I haven't reached out to my distro yet, I figured I'd just see if others have noticed the same.

#661 9 months ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

You may want to check you balls to see if they have any surface imperfections.

Thanks, but I did. The scratches were there before I even put a game on it as well.

#669 9 months ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

I'm sorry to hear that. Can you share pictures?

Quoted from fooflighter:

Were they scratches or buffer wheel marks that can be buffed out with some blitz wax? Pics would help

I'll put up some pics when I get home. I haven't tried waxing it yet, just using a little bit of Novus 1, and it didn't help.

#680 9 months ago

Here's some pics of the scratches. In the photos it's really only noticeable near the reflection of my light, but in person it's noticeable all the time. I've already reached out to my distro who is going to speak with Stern about it. To me it seems like they didn't allow enough time for the clear to cure.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/tTMuooFed9w5GS188

#696 9 months ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Yeah, good going through the distributor...that looks odd...definitely has a radial look to it, almost as if the final buffing happened with either too much pressure or heat buildup and/or debris on the wheel and started cutting into the clear...for an LE that should definitely be remedied by Stern I would think.
Was this NIB also or was it a showroom model?

Yeah, it definitely looks mechanical, so your hypothesis makes sense to me. I got it NIB.

#697 9 months ago
Quoted from TheRookie:

Watching a stream of the LE made me nervous of the rejects to the Dino mouth. Can it be disabled so it functions like the Pro?

I wouldn't worry about it... Out of probably 200 shots to the T-Rex, I've had ONE reject, and it wasn't a very clean shot either. Even shots that bounce off the ramp still go in.

#887 9 months ago

Found another issue with my LE to go along with all the scratches. They tightened down the apron so hard that it is cutting into the clear/paint just like the post issues from the previous runs. I also found one other minor spot where a rail is doing that as well, but it's not very obvious.

1 week later
#1060 9 months ago

Have any LE owners noticed that their clearcoat is so thin that it isn't completely flat over inserts and art? I can actually see/feel some of the details over inserts and even artwork. I wonder if it's related to how scratched up my playfield is. It seems like it's a super thin coat of clear.

#1085 9 months ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Have any LE owners noticed that their clearcoat is so thin that it isn't completely flat over inserts and art? I can actually see/feel some of the details over inserts and even artwork. I wonder if it's related to how scratched up my playfield is. It seems like it's a super thin coat of clear.

Anyone?

#1092 9 months ago

Okay, thanks guys. Interesting that I have three other Stern's right now, and they are all smooth as glass (minus dimples of course). DP Pro, Iron Maiden Premium, and Black Knight Pro.

2 weeks later
#1746 8 months ago

Still waiting for my shooter rod to ship and I ordered it early Saturday. Come on Stern how long does it take to chuck one of those into a box?

#1821 8 months ago

Still waiting for my damn shooter rod to ship from Stern. They must be too busy pumping out the Premiums.

#1889 8 months ago

Anyone else get spammed by some "PinWoofer" moron? He messaged me because I own a JP LE trying to sell me some shit. Pretty weak and I'm sure it's against the rules for vendors to spam people like that.

#1935 8 months ago

Found yet another issue with my playfield. Near the upper flipper there's a part of the actual paint lifting right off the playfield. I think it is caused by the same issue I've found in other spots where they tightened the guide rails and apron so tight that it causes the clear/paint to get pushed up. Maybe this will be enough to get Stern to replace my playfield, but I doubt it.

#1938 8 months ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

Was this machine received recently or was this received a while ago?

Got it in September. I've been fighting to get a replacement playfield since I got it. But I'm hoping (??) that this new issue pushes them to make things right.

#1943 8 months ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

I've now seen that in 3 different areas on mine.

Wow, that sucks.

The stupid thing is that this happened because they clamped down all the metal rails so damn tight, it forced the clear up... yet when I was replacing all the rubbers I found that every damn post was loose! Whoever assembled this playfield did an absolutely terrible job.

Of course I didn't find this new playfield issue until after I replaced all of the posts and rubbers, so if they do give me a new one I will have to swap them all back again.

#1986 8 months ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

Has everyone that ordered their shooter rod last week get an email ship notice? It's been over aweek since I placed the order and I've gotten no notification that it shipped.

I emailed them to ask and they said they ran out of stock and should have a new shipment going out later this week.

#2084 8 months ago

So because of my rails being over tightened and it pushing up the clearcoat/art, it caused the art to actually peel off the playfield, so now some bare wood is showing. The art is still lifted in that area, so it's probably just going to get worse.

I wrote up a long email for my distro to give to Stern this morning, along with pictures of all my various playfield issues. Hopefully they agree to a full playfield swap. Pretty frustrating experience after dropping such a large amount of money on an LE. I think this is my last NIB experience, way too much of a crapshoot and Stern shows their QC is only getting worse if anything.

20191028_154228 (resized).jpg
#2087 8 months ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

Jeez I was going to buy a premium, but with all these quality issues I am second guessing myself...

It's such a bummer because the game itself is absolutely amazing. One of my favorites ever so far.

#2128 8 months ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

So am I the only one who opened the goodie bag? Everybody I know seems to leave them stapled in the machine and even buying another manual so as not to open the bag.. Really??
I've never actually paid MORE for a used game just because the bag was still there.. And in Canada with the exchange rate and taxes I paid nearly $14k for my LE which was my first NIB. No way I'm letting someone else get the goodies!! Bag removed and opened. Plus I want the key fobs for my keys anyway.
Was that a bad thing??

It's one of those things that people use as a selling point ("Goodie bag still stapled to cab!"), but I don't actually think anyone really cares in the end. I wouldn't worry about it.

#2131 8 months ago
Quoted from bemmett:

$5K by Christmas!
Call it absurd, as I truly believe it is as well, but I have had multiple buyers that wouldn't pay my price being goodie bag was removed from the cabinet on a newer game being one of their reasons. My personal opinion is I don't even want to deal with those people and honestly it helps weed out someone I probably prefer not to deal with anyway. But it does matter to some. I typically just leave mine there now cause most everything in them isn't something I even care about anyway.

Probably just people using it as leverage for bargaining. If not, like you said, probably not worth dealing with those types of people. They'll be the ones coming by and nitpicking every single detail trying to haggle the price down along the way.

1 week later
#2426 8 months ago

Still nothing but silence from Stern regarding my playfield issues. Incredibly frustrating. I can't see buying another NIB game from Stern after all this. They simply don't give a shit.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 279.95
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flashburn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside