(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_1098 (resized).png
B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #885 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex alignment bulletin from Stern. Posted by pickleric (4 years ago)

Post #1396 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter fix Posted by Chambahz (4 years ago)

Post #1619 read before dismantling the raptor Posted by timlah79 (4 years ago)

Post #1830 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex adjustment info according to Keith Elwin Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #2358 TREX Adjustment info Posted by imagamejunky (4 years ago)

Post #2625 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Raptor pit detailed adjustment instructions. Posted by yancy (4 years ago)

Post #2994 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex head removal tips and Jaw screw fix. Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #3326 Amber Bonus rules and details Posted by fooflighter (4 years ago)

Post #3417 TECH: SWITCHES. Opto sensor not registering on orbit fix Posted by caker137 (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delt31.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#135 4 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Wow, you found 2?
What happens in 2022??

Guys he's obviously joking. Cmon people

2 weeks later
#295 4 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

You are asking questions I don't have the answer too, I'm only relaying the information I was told 3rd hand, (from Stern to my distro to me) I would suggest more people call their distros and see if they can get more answers. It's always better to get factual answers from the manufacturer than to purely speculate as too how many machines are having this issue.
Right now by your own sample size of 7, (given that the number of 700 units shipped is correct) represents 1% of the total machines that have shipped that show those issues, whose owners have actually reported to Stern. Again this was the information that was relayed to my distro and then back to me.

That’s good info though thanks for sharing. I don’t think people notice it yet but once you do you can’t stop looking at it

#303 4 years ago

Agreed. What really sucks are the guys who bought Wonka standards and JP pros just to fill in the time before premium and LEs came out.

Reselling those with clear issues? Yikes. You almost have to get it fixed first before selling unless you're willing to take a major loss.

1 week later
#306 4 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Anyone hear a shipping update? Contacted my distributor last week and haven't heard back. I love it when I'm asked for full payment, send it and then radio silence.

I would never pay a distributor in full until the game is ready to ship. Not sure why others do this. I've bought many NIB, limited edition etc.

If that's what required, find another distributor.

#311 4 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Have you folks seen the Topper that Dan at Tilttopper.com is offering. It is a one time limited edition and it looks very cool. At $270 including shipping, I ordered one. I have bought from him before and I like his quality and service. If a better version if offered by someone later, I will upgrade and resell this one. But, I don't want to hold my breath on Stern (think Star Wars) waiting for it to happen while Dan sells out on his. BTW, I have no 'skin in the game'. I just want to share the information for what ever its worth.

Not impressed at all. Looks like a rehash.

#330 4 years ago

why is cancelling out on an LE a gamble? Not only will they be available later, but much cheaper.

Look at a great game like IMDN. How many LEs have come up for sale, almost always below cost by a good amount.

#361 4 years ago

I don't do Facebook can someone post these updated LE pics?

#387 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Just received an email to pay in full for my Premium. Sounds like Stern is pushing the full payment before you get it because of the buyers backing out of their order.

no - it's just your distributor. Find a new one.

#409 4 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Got the request for final payment on my premium today. Distributor says its shipping to me next week.

wait premium or LE? I didn't think prem ship until october?

#410 4 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

It does have inside blades.[quoted image][quoted image]

what a gorgeous looking game. love the blades on it.

#438 4 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

Is the LE worth 9k? Seems insanely over priced and comes with nothing really limited besides the art blades.
It should at least come with a topper. CGC provides amazing toppers on their LE's at $8000. People are silly for paying a premium for nothing.

Yeah not in an owners thread..... And believe me I can go all day on the LE "value". Just not the place. Post it elsewhere

Really excited to see it in person. Should be able to tomorrow night.

#511 4 years ago

So I'm playing the LE right now and will post my play review but short summary is it's fucking awesome. Haha

Pf looks great, much less clear on it no question. They def changed it up. No art by posts.

#531 4 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Ah crap.[quoted image]

oh man.....sorry!!

#548 4 years ago

So l played an LE for almost two hours today. Shout out to Helicon Brewery in Pittsburgh - absolutely the best there is.

Here are my impressions.

Going in, I already knew I wanted this game but wasn't sure pro or prem/LE. The long short of it is premium/le ALL THE WAY and the PF was perfect - def much less clear on it which seems to be the answer along with no art by posts!

1) Art on the LE is so much better than the pro (in person). I won't revisit my take on the pro considering it's not very positive but good rebound on the LE. I'm not a fan of that JP3 Dino or the car but in the aggregate it works. First thing I do is remove that car btw - already have a good jeep. I also thought the premium art was the best of the three so excited. Sideblades are awesome btw.

2) Right off the bat, you start the game and a glaring difference from the pro is the helicopter. Yes it looks cool but what was surprising to me was the sound it makes which is very loud. It really adds to the overall effect and gets you right into that JP mood.

3) Right after that I was greeted with a HUGE TREX roar that had the toy visibly open it's mouth and it was just awesome. It really got me engaged in the game and instantly took that relatively dull/stagnant corner of the Pro and brought it too life. BAM - toy in your face right in the beginning - loved it. Afterwards it would just follow the ball but in many different directions and it felt organic

4) TREX eating the ball - very cool although a couple things. The shot needs to be basically perfect otherwise it won't work. I also would like stern to close the mouth MUCH quicker as the current delay kind of breaks the effect a little as the REX mouth seems to be on a slight delay. The mech worked everytime when the shot was lined up right. It didn't throw it during any of my games though - hopefully that's still in! I also think the JP DE eating is cooler, but Stern JP throwing is better than the swallow so a draw!

5) Quality wise, the game feels better than the pro. This was in line with my previous experience with LE/prem vs pro - not sure why since Stern hasn't said they differ in build but it felt heavier no question.

6) Sound effects in this game are fantastic. Call outs, especially the main guy with the accent are bad.

7) Raptor Pit - BIG difference on the prem/LE. I knew TREX would be hard to pass on but not this. I was wrong. The gate going up, the effects that play and the way it works makes this shot make so much more sense vs. playing the pro.

8 ) Stern - give the LE guys matching trim on the backbox. Cmon now. As for the powder, I'm not really a huge fan. Could have matched with a diff color.

Overall - I'm def getting a prem and my concerns about pfs has been really helped by this experience.

Stern - job well done.

#681 4 years ago

so premium buyers - what side blades are you going with? Or are you going mirror? I can't decide. I think the LE blades are really nice (not LE price diff nice but nice) so I was looking at these

https://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/jurassic-park-stern-pro-pinball-sideblades/

EDIT - I went with the one above. It's basically the same. Borderline theft haha

#689 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I went with these https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/product-page/jurassic-park-stern-gameblades
They really complete the caged world under glass look I wanted!

If you're looking for the cage look, no question. They are nice but ultimately just a little too much cage for me. haha

#867 4 years ago
Quoted from phoenixpin:

I'm one of the LE buyers that is loving their game and not posting much because I'm playing it all the time. I have not had a single issue out of the box - no chipping/pooling, shots are all make-able, T-rex head works great. I am sorry to hear about others that have had less luck.
The T-rex head is, in my opinion, the best mech/toy Stern has ever made. I'm struggling to find one that would be in the same league and would be curious if anyone can think of one.
The raptor cage on Premium/LE makes a big difference in gameplay because the multiball actually becomes something I now go for in every game, whereas on the pro it is more dangerous in my opinion (it is a less predictable shot on the pro, and in the Premium/LE it is easier to bash the gate and get reliable hits once the ball is locked in the cage).

I would agree that it might be their best. Now their history is pretty poor but they deserve praise for this one. It's even more impressive in person

#918 4 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Set mine up today #172 mine has art around the post.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Interested if Stern fixed it even further or if you have an old pro pf that will begin to puddle. Hopefully not

#929 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Raptor area differences make it impossible for the pro & LE to share a playfield.

Good to know. I hope the premium I get doesn't have the art.

In fact I didn't think they were still making it like that. Has me rethinking again.

#932 4 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

My LE playfield looks perfect. Has about 60 plays on it.[quoted image]

Edit

#950 4 years ago
Quoted from Rydhia:

I need to swap the raptor pit mod still since it doesn’t work on premiums/LE. Also got the lighted speaker kit, speaker acrylic and one of those barbasol cans Flashinstinct is making.
Purchased most of it over time in anticipation, hopefully they start shipping out soon.[quoted image]

it's crazy how much is purchased for a NIB before it even arrives.

1 week later
#1140 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

For anyone following along on the issues with my playfield, there is an update.
Two senior people at Stern reached out to me over the last week or so after hearing about the issues and seeing the pictures. They are sending a new, populated PF to my distributor who will swap it out for me. Everyone was extremely kind to me throughout the process. It should take about a week or so to arrive. I wanted to thank everyone here as well for your counsel and support. Knowing what I might expect (and should ask for) was very helpful.

Good job Stern

#1183 4 years ago

expected to receive my premium next week!

for the guy not allowing the trex to throw the ball - what in the hell? Enjoy the game! That's like turning off one of the best features. You'll be fine.

#1217 4 years ago

Has anyone heard someone NOT like this game?

Seriously I haven't.

This could be the most liked game ever.

#1227 4 years ago

So what's the smart middle update about? Not sure I follow. Plus any other great updates that make a big gameplay difference?

I like that they made the Trex roar louder

#1247 4 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

You have a choice of rewards for completing the smart missile shot. When the ball is held over the left flipper by the up post, you have about 3-seconds to choose from several different awards using the the left/right flipper. I hit it twice last night to start a CHAOS MB and I couldn’t help but let out a ‘YES!’ that could be heard throughout the house.
The T-Rex is much more animated. It’s coordination with sound and shaker is pretty spectacular. If you have a JP Pro...you are missing out.
The raptor pen received several enhancements. That area eats up a good portion of playfield, so I was cringing to see so many players basically avoid the raptor pen all together because of the possibility of losing your ball trying to make progress. I think there’s been an attempt here to make the raptor pen a lucrative scoring opportunity and more fun at the same time with this update.
There were some enhancements to how amber translates to points. That and the other scoring enhancements. The control room modes seemed a bit easier to understand what I was supposed to do now. The game only has one spinner, but it is extremely satisfying to rip it for points or as part of a mode.
A few different/new back glass animations, DMD attract tutorials, sounds, and new light show improvements. Overall, the callouts sound mostly unchanged. There were a few new sounds I hadn’t heard before. The game would be a perfect 10 if they had just got some callouts from Jeff Goldbum, Sam Neill...and the Dr. Hammond actor just isn’t quite the same sounding as the original actor.

Thanks this is a great summary. One I get my hands on this I will look into relaxing those voice clips with ones from the movie

#1258 4 years ago

Speaking of mods, I'm surprised I'm not seeing more people take off that TERRIBLE jeep. First thing I do is replace that.

#1264 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Ok so you remove the Jeep from the playfield. Then you see it on the backglass, cabinet art, and LCD animations. Seems like it’s better to just leave it be and have everything match.

premium will help with that. Game goes against wall so right side covered, no backglass to worry about and then you're just left with LCD. Not bad.

Oh and you're no longer looking at that shit while playing...well....the actual game.

#1311 4 years ago

So these just came in. Really happy with them.

I love the LE side art blades but rather not have that ugly monster truck. Well here is the answer.

Premium owners FYI

https://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/jurassic-park-stern-pro-pinball-sideblades/

They have night time ones too but I think the blue matches the pf better
Retro refurbs nice job!

20191012_122931 (resized).jpg20191012_122931 (resized).jpg20191012_122927 (resized).jpg20191012_122927 (resized).jpg20191012_122923 (resized).jpg20191012_122923 (resized).jpg
#1314 4 years ago

so any thoughts on what T molding would look best on the premium head? Red? Green?

#1416 4 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I'm not an owner (yet), but I do want to buy a Premium. I usually look at new releases that pop into the #1 slot of the Top 100 list dubiously, but I feel different about this title. It's got a great theme, immersive programming that's got great depth for home, great play field design, great theme integration that puts the player in a unique "worker at Jurassic Park" role, and good to great art. All that ticks a lot of "great to good" boxes, which is gonna put it high on the list somewhere.
I own MM, AFM, and MB. I've owned them for years. They're all great machines, but... how long can these favorites from 20-30 years ago hang on to these tops spots during this second golden age of pinball with the deeper more home friendly (and fun) code? I think the classic W/B titles numbers are up, and I don't have a problem with new games like JP LE/Prem knocking them down a rung (or ten).

Of all the games I've seen that have come out, JP might be the best one yet b/c it's the complete package. I've also NEVER seen any machine praised so much by so many people. The worst thing you hear is weaker art and not the greatest call outs. Otherwise, it's amazing.

It has the amazing theme too - this one could be the first to beat out the classics. IMO, Iron Maiden was such a strong title but theme was a killer for many and it lacked toys. This is like a good themed IMDN with an amazing toy!

#1478 4 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

I played a Pro and really enjoyed it. After playing a friends LE, that was the one I had to get.
Moving Trex head is awesome but I also find the Raptor cage to be a huge step up from the Pro.
Now, understand that it’s always tough to justify the $ to upgrade these things when it’s just a big toy, but since we’re already talking about an expensive box of lights, I say “Hell yes!”.

as a soon to be owner, this summarizes exactly how I felt after going from pro to prem. No brainer, not the pro. It's def worth it.

#1484 4 years ago

My distro is saying shipping from Stern on Monday so I would expect premiums to be received by owners end of next week

#1491 4 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

But is LE worth extra $ over premium? That's the question.

def up to the buyer but the answer for me is def def def not. LE's don't hold their value and the additions I care about can be purchased easily and you still save a ton of coin.

#1511 4 years ago

I bought the bug shooter too. Such a rip off but I just need it. Too cool.

#1517 4 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

Modded out...[quoted image]

I like it but those stripes on the ramp and shooter would kill me from those pinstadiums.

I think pins are necessary but omegas is the way I went.

#1546 4 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

Ok, I might be the first one. I’m installing playfield protector. Down to the truck. Anyone know how to remove? Is it just this Allen wrench set screw?
Once done, I will post pictures and video for other folks to help install protector.
Thanks.
Never mind, it was the simple set screw. Almost done.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

so how did you remove the truck?

#1558 4 years ago

Aloha All,
Back home for 4 days at the expo It was amazing!!!! I have tons of videos and photos. On the tour of Stern I bought a few items and we went into the " Room" and I saw the shooter rod . We opened one box and took it out and it's veryyyyy nice. Heavy and impressive.
I ran into a guy that does custom work on PINS. Check this out.
I did buy the best item ever, once installed I will do a quick 10 sec video to show . It will make you smile and it's a must at $20.00
More info to come later.[quoted image]

Interested to see what that is. Also did you notice if that shooter was always lit?

I think that jp looks terrible btw.

#1613 4 years ago

To the guy complaining about the modfather rod, just get your money back. He is very easy to work with and is very talented. He will have no issue refunding. Not sure why you're using this forum to continue bashing his work.

As for my premium, my distro said the same thing.... Shipping today. Hey it later this week.

Now I'm off to fix the audio clips. I just really need to remove the angry guy with the accent as he's the worst.

.... And yes original voices will just soothe my JP soul. It's definitely necessary. Will share with the group of course just like my GB premium code

#1620 4 years ago

downloaded the code and going through the voice samples to replace.....wow there is a ton of voice clips. Crazy amount. That angry guy with the accent recorded a ton of lines - majority not good. I just want to put in the proper welcome to JP, hold on to you butts and some other classics to replace the worst of the new stuff.

#1688 4 years ago

Still expecting mine this week too. Just got the notification from Stern that the lit shooter rod shipped and I ordered that topper from tilt bc it does look fine.

This game is so real deal and I'm hardly one to kiss ass on a game but great job Stern. Yes the perfection would have been more video audio but I like the animations for the most part and I'm beginning to work on audio clips for the key lines we need.

#1694 4 years ago

best art by far - looks great!

#1772 4 years ago

For the guys who got their premium machine already can you list the distributor as I'm curious.

Thanks

#1783 4 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

I've taken it upon myself to extract and polish any SLJ sound bites and others straight from the movie. Unfortunately there aren't that many to work with for SLJ but I've got a decent collection going. Also many of the iconic ones have tons of background noise/music I have to methodically reduce. I'll find an appropriate way to share once I have a good amount. This is a lot of work so I may ask for a small donation for the effort.

Would be happy to pay - thanks for doing that!

#1811 4 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

gamerrick , delt31 I set myself a reminder to ping you guys when I'm done. For anyone else interested, please PM me as I may not see your forum reply. I just got back from a recording session and actually had my engineer do the heavy lifting on some of the key sounds in between working on my own music. For instance, David Attenborough's "Welcome to Jurassic Park" has the music in the background. My engineer magically, nearly removed it. I'm gonna test out replacing it tomorrow. After tonight's session, I have 17 as clean and leveled as possible sound bites from the movie. Yes, even Jeff Goldblum's laugh exampled at 0:14 in this video (I didn't make this I just found it and it's kinda funny): I feel like that laugh could be cut up and used somewhere!

happy to help and looking forward to hearing them.

Time is money and it's saving me time by not doing it myself so you can have some of my money ; )

Now - if you can find the best parts in that code to remove the terrible lines with these much better ones, that would be great. I recently opened up the code and stern recorded a TON of vocals in this game.

#1813 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

I could start indexing the audio clips if no one's done that yet.

That would be awesome!

#1864 4 years ago

Still waiting for mine. No confirmation on date yet

#1884 4 years ago

Little off topic but just came back from Jurassic World live tour with the fam and it was great!

20191026_160613 (resized).jpg20191026_160613 (resized).jpg20191026_163234 (resized).jpg20191026_163234 (resized).jpg20191026_163339 (resized).jpg20191026_163339 (resized).jpg
#1890 4 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Well my modding is done (for now lol), changed posts to yellow rings to clear and flippers to green. Installed amber shooter rod, Mezel raptor pen and lookout tower and Pinstadium Omegas, I like it a lot
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great! I'm doing the same except no tower mod. Actually think the original is nice. Raptor pit upgrade for sure

#1892 4 years ago

Are you going to upgrade the raptor as well?

Never thought about it. What are people buying? I'll prob wait and see

#1909 4 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I like these but not sure I want to pay for the shipping to US.
Maybe someone else will post some pictures of something I will like.[quoted image]

I bought them but blue even though I have the premium. Reason being they do match the outside cabinet but inside art in the person is blue and matches LE. Therefore I wanted all the inner art to match otherwise backboard art doesn't

I would show them installed but still waiting for my game
20191012_122923 (resized).jpg20191012_122923 (resized).jpg

#1973 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

For what it’s worth, Zach at flip n out always gets pins out fast! Got my premium last week. The tilt topper is awesome too.[quoted image][quoted image]

that looks awesome. Glad I decided to buy it. I hope to have the same exact setup very soon (although where is that customer shooter with the mosquitoe?) ; )

#2010 4 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I like the looks of that topper. Just holding out till we see what Stern is coming up with before I pull the trigger.

That topper is limited. He's not making anymore. In fact I think they might be sold out now.... You should inquire fast if interested.

This isn't your typical Stern le will sell out BS. I think these are truly limited based on their other toppers you can't buy

#2018 4 years ago

Getting my premium tomorrow!

#2116 4 years ago

So I'm all setup. I got really lucky - no issues on the pf that I can see and everything appears to be working correctly. Game is awesome. New code really beefs up the effects and music seems better. Call outs still week but that will be corrected soon. Could be Stern's best. Art on the premium felt like a higher quality decal... Super smooth.

Side blades, lit shooter, pinstadium without the stripes, Shaker, just waiting on topper. Didn't go with Stern blades bc I just don't like the super zoomed in dino eye and the armor seemed excessive with the jp logo. Otherwise I pretty much went crazy haha
20191030_233723 (resized).jpg20191030_233723 (resized).jpg20191030_233732 (resized).jpg20191030_233732 (resized).jpg20191031_003933 (resized).jpg20191031_003933 (resized).jpg20191030_233727 (resized).jpg20191030_233727 (resized).jpg20191031_003926 (resized).jpg20191031_003926 (resized).jpg20191030_220637 (resized).jpg20191030_220637 (resized).jpg

20191031_003406 (resized).jpg20191031_003406 (resized).jpg
#2177 4 years ago

Well I tried to replace that dumb truck and unfortunately it seems to be too heavy so the ball shot doesn't spin as well compared to the much lighter truck.

Looks real nice though

Back to the original

20191031_224042 (resized).jpg20191031_224042 (resized).jpg20191031_224102 (resized).jpg20191031_224102 (resized).jpg
#2182 4 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Seems like you’re already done the tough stuff, couldn’t you just add some weight to that one so it reacts the same way as the original?
Put them both on a scale, then add little weights, like I have for my computer mouse, or something?

the new truck is too heavy.

#2183 4 years ago

btw - i checked the settings on my game and there is one for the topper! Seems like it will be interactive. Curious to know if it will be as good as the BK. I already bought a topper b/c it was limited run but if stern releases one and it's good, I guess I can just sell my original!

#2190 4 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

On Halloween my JP joined the lineup in the barcade. Love this game![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice lineup

#2206 4 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Hey Delt...how many plays you have on your game? Playfield looks great compared to my GB

Jp? Literally just got it. At that time maybe 50?

#2207 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

Are you sure it isn't just a balancing issue? When I replaced the helicopter, I was surprised by how much finesse it took to keep the blade balanced. They seemed to rely on an eccentrically bored bushing to do the work. What seemed like a minor add-on was pretty tricky to get right. I think the new jeep looks good. It may be worth more fiddling to get it right.

Yeah I checked and doesn't about an hour making sure it was aligned. It worked perfectly underneath but ultimately the car weight was too much. When I took the stock car off you realize how light it is.

#2218 4 years ago

Loving this game. Will post a review later (spoiler, it's Stern's best ever) but the only thing I haven't seen is the Trex throwing the ball? When I played this a few months ago it was random....toss or drop on wireform. With this code the Trex seems to always drop it on wireform

I checked settings and tose is enabled and I would love to be random vs always wireform unless in a certain Trex mode

Any thoughts?

#2226 4 years ago

And here we go - JP Stern with the proper.....

Welcome....... To Jurassic park!

#2230 4 years ago

At dinner but release code tonight. As I've played it more it doesn't need too much but proper welcome was imperative

#2232 4 years ago

Thanks to hawkmoon77 for the clip!

#2313 4 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

For those that have a JP, would just a better paint job be enough to improve the T-Rex you think? Or does it truly need a complete new model to look decent? Or now that you have played it enough, does it not bother you?

I thought it was going to bother me but it's much bigger and impressive in person. I'm totally fine with it
Even the dumb truck has grown in me....a little

#2322 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

I agree for the quality of what are usually put in I think it looks pretty darn good. And his motion is very realistic. One of my all-time favorite toys.

After seeing it in person and owning it, I would say it's my favorite toy.....ever in pinball. It does so much and looks great and moves even when it's not the star of the show (vs a toy like the MM castle that doesn't do anything unless that certain special occurrence).

I am the first to call stern out with their cheap ass BS but this game is unbelievable and Stern LOADED it. Really impressive. They nailed it.

#2333 4 years ago

Still not sure what amber does in the game....need to watch that video about rules ; )

#2375 4 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

I posted a fix for this previously. Easy peasy.

Which is

#2385 4 years ago

So how do you change the Trex mode you play bc I tried hitting the car after qualifying and still can't avoid doing TREX MB each time.

#2391 4 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

The first T-Rex mode is always the Feed T-Rex multiball, by design. It gives casual players an easy MB. It's the only T-Rex mode that will activate via the opto switch (ball doesn't need to stick in T-Rex's mouth). The other 3 T-Rex modes (Rampage, Chase, and Encounter) qualify and change via truck hits AFTER the first T-Rex mode (Feed T-Rex multiball) is played. Rampage is the one that throws the ball, the other 2 place it on the habitrail.

Awesome thanks!

Is there any indication to the player regarding what mode they're set to play after Trex MB? Or is it just random after you hit the truck?

#2556 4 years ago

I wish you would let us contribute somehow to the delt and hawk fund. You guys are the best.
Do you live near Houston?? LOL If not mayeb one day we can meet at a expo/show and buy you many rounds of whatever you like.
My wife just said I heard Jeff G say " life finds a way" I remember that from the movie . Happy Wife Happy Pinball Life = time for #3 in 2020.
You made this machine even better...
Thanks a Million AGAIN!!!!![quoted image]

Yes I added that after you lose/mode ends after Trex MB. It's like the dino wins and life found a way.

#2657 4 years ago

That's a nice looking topper. Can't wait to get mine

#2660 4 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Hey Delt. I shared info on this Topper in my post #306 in this string and uou said in #308 that you were "not impressed" and that it "looks like a rehash". I guess you changed your mind huh?

yeah I recall seeing it originally and was not impressed but after seeing it in real pics (not just mockups like you were referring to), I was sold. Put my order in.

#2710 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I think the... "why would Nedry do this ?"call out... Is fast becoming the new "okay... who brought the dog?"
That line has to change in final code... I'd rather not hear it at all than hear old man Jenkins rattle on...

I'm removing that in my next code update. Waiting for Stern to drop new code first. Should be very soon

#2774 4 years ago

So I was able to get the Jeep to be much lighter by not screwing in the back two screws. Works very well. Will continue to test but I'm leaving it in

20191116_193625 (resized).jpg20191116_193625 (resized).jpg20191116_193630 (resized).jpg20191116_193630 (resized).jpg
#2784 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Do you think it will stay attached with only 2? I already ordered the model truck but since those using it were having issues wasn’t sure if I would put it in yet. It looks so much better though. Definitely want to.

Played tonight no issues
Two screws should be enough. Little toy..

#2785 4 years ago
Quoted from copperpot:

Just put in an order for a premium. What's the general consensus on shaker motor? Does it rock or should I pass on that and go for a subwoofer upgrade instead?

Yes with the Trex screaming the Shaker really nails it
Get the sub too.

Already in 7k.... Why stop for 200 more ; )

1 week later
#3231 4 years ago

Updating my code today. This is not the full blown custom sounds others are working on but an update to the lighter version I put together using the pinsound files available online that I cut/combined.

#3235 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Has anyone come out with a sound update that includes more movie quotes and movie soundtracks?

It's being worked on. Not sure release date but I'm sure it will be great. I just need to remove a few lines that drive me crazy and include a proper welcome to JP and along with replacing that dumb truck in the middle, I'm good

#3237 4 years ago
Quoted from wheels:

With the screen freezing and sound issues, is it a good idea to wait for the next code update?

Are there issues? Sorry haven't been checking. Wide spread?

#3259 4 years ago
Quoted from SheriffBarclay:

Are you going to make it available? We're eagerly awaiting this.

Caught up in Christmas decorations - wife and kids wanted to do them today. Might be tonight if not tomorrow.... But prob tonight

#3269 4 years ago

Updated my code for .95. Again, this is very light but fixes IMO some of the worst speech and includes a proper welcome to JP amongst other things.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=16DJ3ucS1vlvIN8YfqYU4u0iM6XMxvLS5

btw - no issues with updating to the newest code.

Added over 4 years ago:

updated link

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Jrsnw_8j7yRr_E5iGMfZ9dQzfuLlov9r

#3298 4 years ago

So about three weeks in of the super truck swap to the real JP Jeep and it's been great. Trick for me to get the weight perfect (just like original) was two normal screws in the front (taken from original car) and 1 longer screw back left. No screw in the right. Weight distributed much better and looks great. Very happy.

20191201_214030 (resized).jpg20191201_214030 (resized).jpg
#3301 4 years ago

folks with the stern shooter rod - mine is lighting up during gameplay but I'm not sure why. I guess there are lit shots but is that really it? Seems to be a result of the new code.

#3303 4 years ago

slightly updated code - wanted to get a few more sounds in (TREX MB and some more shoot hers for the raptor cage....which has a ton of random call outs for it).

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Jrsnw_8j7yRr_E5iGMfZ9dQzfuLlov9r

#3316 4 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

a) Yes it sounds like shit at 4 ohms; b) I now do this every time I turn on the machine; c) annoys the hell out of me. Yes it's an annoyance at this point. It's the same for everybody with an LE. However the question keeps coming up. Every day. "Why is it changing to 4 ohms"... Because it's been coded like that now. Send Stern a bug report if you don't like it! I did!
My response was more about the "why are the shooter lights flashing?". Ummmm.. Because it's been programmed that way now?? As clearly stated in the code update.... BTW I find that annoying too.. A flashing shooter button means some sort of action in other games. Press the button to get something. A flashing shooter knob that means nothing is an attention diversion I don't need when I am playing lol. They need a human factors specialist on the team at Stern lol. I'm a pilot in my real life.. A flashing light is meant to focus your attention and usually means do something NOW.
Sorry if I sounded like a bit of a DB.. Monday morning. Tired.. Caffeine hadn't kicked in yet lol.. Here in the North Pole.. oops I mean Canada, it isn't a holiday today
Have a nice Monday y'all!

I know the code updated it but it makes no sense to me what the flashing means. Seems you feel the same....

#3320 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

It parallels/mimics the Amber target Insert in the pops. It starts off a slow pulse on the plunge and then turns off if the target is not lit, then if lit ... rapidly pulses and matches the insert until the Amber target through the pops is hit and the insert extinguishes... and so on. I like the feature since the insert is in the backfield, I can immediately see that the insert is lit in my peripheral vision down at the shooter rod

Nice I agree. Thanks for sharing

#3343 4 years ago

So I've received a few PM's asking to donate for the custom code I'm providing. I really appreciate the offers but don't do this for money - happy to share with others and leave it at that. Thought I would mention this here as well. Thanks guys!

#3350 4 years ago
Quoted from caker137:

I'm not sure why they didn't set the cabinet to 4 as well. If you do this yourself, then turn up the volume you can get it to sound good with both set to 4.
Btw - I think they did the "set it to 4 on boot" thing because they couldn't just set the default or that would break the setting for the premium since it uses the same code as the LE.

So is this just an LE issue? My updated prem sounds fine.

#3385 4 years ago

Unfortunately the amber shooter quality isn’t great. Don’t feel like you’re missing out. It isn’t all it’s cracked up to be.

I actually disagree. I'll be the first one to call out Stern but I love mine. Looks really nice, works well, light now pulses during gameplay. I'm very happy with it.

#3391 4 years ago

Congratulations I’m glad you like yours
We all have different opinions

we sure do.

#3442 4 years ago

so I'm getting a ton of pms asking about updating my custom code. Yes - I will be updating. Prob this weekend. More to come. Going forward though, no need to PM. I will always be updating as this is one of my fav games.

on a side note - does anyone with the tilt topper JP know how to plug in the power? Just got mine today - don't see how to install.

Thanks

#3445 4 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

How does it look? Mine is coming next week. I will see if I can figure out how to hook it up in a little bit.

Looks great. I try to about toppers but this reminds me of the original but super charged.
Here's the plug
20191207_145951 (resized).jpg20191207_145951 (resized).jpg20191207_145957 (resized).jpg20191207_145957 (resized).jpg

#3451 4 years ago

thanks guys for the topper info. I will check my box but don't think there is an adaptor.

Here is updated custom music code for .96. I added back the main theme from JP DE to see if it would fit. I can post a version without this change as well. Heading to dinner so wanted to post this for now

https://drive.google.com/open?id=14TYmMxfZ_tQzvFbJhF6pmP-Fe8jsXq50

#3452 4 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

That should do it[quoted image]

Did you get an adapter?

Yes you need an adaptor

Mine might be missing it. I'm good

#3459 4 years ago

All set! Really looks like it came standard with the premium. Very impressive topper. Not your typical acrylic with lights.
20191207_211809 (resized).jpg20191207_211809 (resized).jpg

#3474 4 years ago

Updated prem code (.96) with more call outs. Added some for shoot again opps and some others:

EDIT - volume needs to be raised....will post update

#3484 4 years ago

Updated .96 code with more call outs. Mostly ball save but a few others. Freeze! is in there and they should all be destroyed for ball save. little more nerdy b/c not enough as is. Life finds a way for extra ball (random).

I put my sound at -2. Prem and LE only. Put spk file to root of usb and install just like normal stern FW.

https://mega.nz/#!wocEzSBZ!mcNwd_1yhYCFbV9pYgAul8akKQgqs0ZUcpqJvkrtk

#3486 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Okay, couldn't resist... One more mod... pteranodon above the helix
I hate stuff that clutters or makes you lose the ball or cover lanes, but this one fits perfectly... Nothing obscured from the player perspective and it's rock solid, doesn't move or vibrate at all. Total cost $12 dollars for the pteranodon, the 2 wire lugs, wire, and screw.
The attachment method I used allows you to pose in any angle or config you can dream up... Mine is dive bombing the truck!
[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

looks good where did you buy it? Link for the items?

#3495 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Possible for you to upload to google drive like you've done in the past?

Sorry it was taking up too much space. Any other pref host?

#3505 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

It's bizarre that something this simple get's overlooked. I realize it's not a major issue, but anything getting in the way of ball path sucks. Flat head screws should help, but I think the screw location is the problem. Keep us posted.

Helicopter is the same. Lmk if replacing helps might do the same if so. Really hasn't been a big deal though but I feel see how that could happen

#3522 4 years ago

so I've had many people request videos of my custom audio so I decided to take these two. They show off many, not all of the lines and should give a good idea of what's included. I didn't want to replace everything as some of the lines aren't bad and blend well with gameplay but I needed the classics and they're in there.

Shoot her, They must all be destroyed, Freeze!, Hold on to your butts, welcome to JP, and many others (including more nerdy ones) are in. btw - life finds a way is in too (extra ball) but not on video. Both videos show off the different audio for some of the same shots (raptor cage, ball save, etc). 4K!!

Code link

https://mega.nz/#!wocEzSBZ!mcNwd_1yhYCFbV9pYgAul8akKQgqs0ZUcpqJvkrtk

#3527 4 years ago
Quoted from wheels:

Very cool! Do you just download and install the same way you do the Stern code?

Yes. You're welcome!

#3605 4 years ago

updated custom music code. Thought the extra ball should still say extra ball so I replaced some of the worst stock call outs of it with the original data east JP extra ball sound. Also using a diff host then mega:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsQD4DkcjPIPga5EV0pqPQNhS8ZE6w?e=VXSWO4

3 months later
#4881 4 years ago

Here is my original run shooter. Thought it always looked good. Maybe Stern has changed their approach?

20200327_133403 (resized).jpg20200327_133403 (resized).jpg20200327_133410 (resized).jpg20200327_133410 (resized).jpg20200327_133438 (resized).jpg20200327_133438 (resized).jpg
4 months later
#5872 3 years ago

Thought I would post this here as well. Forgot there were two clubs for this game.

Imagine this masterpiece actually had JP movie clips? Hmmmmmm

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aldie, VA
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delt31.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club?tu=delt31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.