(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_030524583 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_031412806.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0996 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0997 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0382 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0381 (resized).jpeg
20231207_202319 (resized).jpg
IMG_0971 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #885 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex alignment bulletin from Stern. Posted by pickleric (4 years ago)

Post #1396 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter fix Posted by Chambahz (4 years ago)

Post #1619 read before dismantling the raptor Posted by timlah79 (4 years ago)

Post #1830 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex adjustment info according to Keith Elwin Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #2358 TREX Adjustment info Posted by imagamejunky (4 years ago)

Post #2625 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Raptor pit detailed adjustment instructions. Posted by yancy (4 years ago)

Post #2994 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex head removal tips and Jaw screw fix. Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #3326 Amber Bonus rules and details Posted by fooflighter (4 years ago)

Post #3417 TECH: SWITCHES. Opto sensor not registering on orbit fix Posted by caker137 (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider deathhimself.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7009 2 years ago

Does anyone recall the build date when Stern stop running the JP’s to address playfield pooling issues, then started up again? I know it was early on but trying to ascertain about when this was.

Thanks

#7011 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Very early on. It popped up in the first run of pros before LEs were shipped. The LEs shipped with the thinner clear coat and art removed from around the posts. I think LEs shipped around Sept/Oct 2019.

Thanks, I’m looking at a Prem and just wanted to be aware of the date range as I look at the machine. Once again thanks

#7040 2 years ago

Can someone please tell me the approx length and width of the car on the newton ball spinner, Thanks

#7043 2 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Do you not have the machine to measure it? If you're looking to replace the stock jeep with the movie one you need the 1:43 scale Jada 24038-W1 Jurassic World 2015 Movie Die Cast Wrangler Jeep (not the 1:24 or whatever other models they make). That particular 1:43 model 24038-W1 is hard to come by nowadays but fits just perfectly if you mount it correctly. Do a search on this forum to find lots of advice on replacing this. I've been hounding Jada over the past year to make a same 1:43 scale "Jurassic Park Explorer" since I think that would also look very cool but they have yet to make one at that specific scale, not to mention even at that scale it may not clear the wire ramp since in general the Explorer is longer than the jeep. Hope this helps!

Thanks, yep that's what I'm doing and nope I don't have the machine yet but it's coming in a few short weeks.

#7046 2 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

The Jada 1/43 Jeep is *really* hard to find. I just had to order one from China for $22!! If you have a machine coming, get an order placed on eBay now...

These look like them, just not sure about that pull back action non sense lol.

ebay.com link: itm

#7048 2 years ago

No way to know if those are correctly sized. The same jeep is made by JADA in 1/24, 1/32 and 1/43 scale. That listing doesn't state the size. You ONLY want the 1/43 version.

Yep, the pattern I am seeing is the Jeep numbers. Seems #12 is used on the 1/43 and the 1/24 models. I asked him for the scale size so we shall see and hopefully he has the box with the info on it. Thanks

1 week later
#7165 2 years ago

I don't hear anything unusual in your recording. I listened carefully at 15-second mark and just don't hear any odd sound.
Does anyone else here it? I must be missing it.

Quoted from Munsters:

I cut the piece out, hope you can hear it better now. Please see: https://vocaroo.com/1dSO4BhJUbu7

I'm not hearing any static or crackling at all.

1 week later
#7250 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'm going to buy a nib premium, is there anything that I need to be aware of out of the box?

Mine has been pretty solid right out of the box, just the helix ramp needed a minor adjustment so the ball on exit didn't slam off the right orbit ball guide and toss it off it's path of returning to the flipper.

#7259 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Has anyone had issues with these PF shipping?

Do you mean chipping? If so I don't believe there has been much of any issues with that since Stern redid the artwork removing art from under the posts. I think this was early on as well with the initial release (pro's and LE's I believe)

#7277 2 years ago

Has anyone else noticed after playing that the T-Rex motor housing in the back gets pretty hot. I’m thinking of adding a 12v cooling fan to the housing.

#7282 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Mine gets very hot also. When I first got my game I was making some adjustments and couldn't believe how hot it got.

Just turning the machine on and not even playing yet, that rear motor box begins to build up heat and get hot. Well I added a small 12v cooling fan now so lets see how this goes, if it reduces the heat by 50% that would be great.

#7348 2 years ago

The only thing that really bugs me about the Prem/LE models is that dam eyesore space behind T-Rex head when it’s moves, argh.

So I know machines are about individual taste and not everyone is going to like and agree but I came up with a decent solution that has been working for about 40 games now. Photo was taken with the machine off so the leds don’t wash out the photo.

134AE1DD-A688-4FA8-B378-BD6547FB5693 (resized).jpeg134AE1DD-A688-4FA8-B378-BD6547FB5693 (resized).jpeg
#7350 2 years ago

Oh yeah that's already done with a 12v warm led light strip, I also used a variable adjustment POT to adjust the brightness as I have them hooked up to a constant 12v source. They can be bought off of Amazon for a few bucks.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MK1SKRT

#7352 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

Welcome to page 148!
I know JP LE is an great game but why do people want it so badly now? I get messages out of the blue asking me if I still have mine and if I want to sell it. I see it selling in the marketplace for $12k. WHY?

It's that good, and one that is pretty hard to find right now in the Prem and LE model.

#7415 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I had never thought of that! So glad my game didn't crash and burn without that fix!

Yep and this issue has become more prevalent in the newest JP runs then the previous runs. Glad you figured this one out, awesome. Thanks!!!

#7538 2 years ago
Quoted from chickenscratch:

Whelp, I decided to troubleshoot a little further while I waited for Stern support to open up this AM and seem oddly deeper in the hole. I decided to disconnect the shaker motor to get that out of the equation, and now during boot I get another error after the node 9 not found, which is overcurrent protection on node board 1. I also now faintly smell the electronic-toast smell, though visually cannot find a roasted component. Additionally, now during the node 9 message, I can hear what sounds like a stepper motor trying to activate for a few seconds, thus producing a soft clunk, clunk, clunk on the vertical part of the underneath pf (think this is node board 1 area, but tough to tell in the documentation) near the T-Rex head. None of this new stuff makes a lot of sense though, from disconnecting the shaker motor.
Emailed my distributor and about to call Stern support now.

I think overcurrent protection error is indicating there is a short. I would recheck all the areas where you might have installed mods to make sure you didn't unknowingly bend a connection or wire somewhere causing the short.

1 week later
#7659 2 years ago

For the past few days I noticed that my Jeep wasn't moving as freely as I would like. So I took Markharris2000 info and ordered the 4 pack of all metal construction thrust washer set, in addition to the Blaster 100% silicone spray with Teflon that was mentioned. I put a dab on the thrust washers and keep in mind unlike Stern's these are a one-way washer so the grooved side has the balls sit in its track. So I put a dab on both tracks and the balls as well, then finally a drop on the shaft and re-seated it into the playfield. Once all the way down I then raised the shaft back upwards just a fraction.

The jeep is now pulling high speed G turns greater then the old lady from Wendy's "where's the beef" commercials. It now moves so easily and freely. I'd recommend doing it especially if you are in the process or about to change the jeeps.

#7672 2 years ago
Quoted from Gudfala:

Is there a consensus view on the overall reliability of the Premium? Wife has given me the green light and I'm ready to pull the trigger. However, I'm notoriously bad at fixing anything more complex then swapping out globes and want to get a sense of what future maintenance requirements might be like.

Go Prem, moving T-Rex is too cool to give up. Maybe just some opto's tweaks and ramp adjustments for ball drops other then that they have been rock solid out of the box as of late.

#7673 2 years ago

Love the new side art, took almost a month from Portugal but they were well worth it, And it matches the premium at work very nicely and they look great especially if you’re adding some of those vegetation trees to your playfield.

4CF644D9-11F6-4EC8-B4CF-C797AAED6E4B (resized).jpeg4CF644D9-11F6-4EC8-B4CF-C797AAED6E4B (resized).jpegC6FAC723-8B7B-4C9D-AB0E-6B8A6B1662CE (resized).jpegC6FAC723-8B7B-4C9D-AB0E-6B8A6B1662CE (resized).jpeg
#7692 2 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Mine works fine on a Pro, but shouldn't be any different w/a Prem.

I have one on my Prem before any balls were played and has been fine since day 1. I actually like them better then Cliffy's shooter lane protectors. I use Cliffy's everywhere else.

#7708 2 years ago
Quoted from Drac:

Hi guys,
I just got myself a Premium a few days ago and last night I decided to change over the standard spinner truck to an upgraded one I had previously bought online. I foolishly decided to do this after many drinks....
Okay, so next day I noticed the truck now doesn't spin very well. I then found what I believe to be some spare parts left over from my previous night's efforts. I am not sure of the correct order of parts or if in fact I am missing anything to correctly re-install this back on the game and spinning nice and freely. Attached is a photo of what I have. I have checked the manual but it doesn't seem to show the info I need. I'm hoping someone can tell me if I am missing anything and the order for installation?
I remember I was quite proud of myself last night but now it is just regret.
Thanks for any help.
[quoted image]

I found the stock thrust bearing sucks after sometime so i ordered these (below) and replace the nylon bearing with a metal construction and added just a dab of silcone with teflon lube (Autozone etc has it) to the bearing and washers (which are one way directional as you can see with the groove, groove side to the ball bearings) and now it spins freely. Just a thought down the road if you decide, takes all of 10 minutes to do.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QLWRTBN
61mGecDzVDL._SL1100_ (resized).jpg61mGecDzVDL._SL1100_ (resized).jpg61oc3s9KiGL._SL1500_ (resized).jpg61oc3s9KiGL._SL1500_ (resized).jpg

#7710 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Nice find. Just to confirm, it's the F7-15M (7x15x5mm) set?

Yes 7mm inner diameter and 15mm outer diameter. Actually Markharris found them, I just followed his info along with the suggested lube spray from another and it works really well. Just a drop of lube, don't saturate them. Then even shoot some lube on a paper tower or napkin and wipe it on the Jeeps shaft as well, keeps it moving nicely in that nylon bushing.

#7778 2 years ago
Quoted from MANTO1975:

is only one of these required?
cheers

Only 1 set is required for the jeep but they are sold in a set of 4 so it's good to have spares around.

4 weeks later
#7930 2 years ago

Yes, timlah79 created his ultimate code SDCARD image for JP pro and premium. It is based on v1.03 gamecode specifically at this point. Now *IF* Stern starts using new node boards in the next JP production run, they will likely release a new updated SDCARD image to initialize those boards properly. It would happen at the same time as the new units begin to ship and you will see it as a new version of game code (v1.05 perhaps), and then *IF* oga83 can update his Pinball Browser to open this new version of SDCARD image, then code artists can update their work to be compatible. There are a few *IF*s here, so to be sure, monitor the pinball browser thread and see if oga83 has made progress to support GOTG V1.08 SDCARD first. That is the first game that has the new node board support in their SDCARD image. Its a very good sign *IF* he gets that done.

Too many ifs involved I'm not updating and losing my code. All for what, and extra call out or a twinkle lighting effect somewhere lol, nope not for me I'm happy the way she sits.

Quoted from scootss:

The middle ground could be that you can't take advantage of online features/play.

This is just my opinion, but to possibly lose great code for this is not worth the trade off. Pinball is a game of socializing, get out be with friends, have few drinks, laugh and play. If you want to play pinball online get an xbox or playstation lol.

1 month later
#8113 2 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

Sold out, currently unavailable, does anyone have another source? I tried googling the part number without sucess.

This is a 15mm in width thrust bearing, it's a c-hair larger then the 13mm but works just as good and does not interfere with any ball path travels or hits.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QLWRTBN/ref=sspa_dk_detail_0

#8135 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Well. I feel like maybe newbies are falling into a place where anything advertised as a "pinball mod" is worth overpaying for, and I'd hate for them to not realize the fact that some of them are merely purchased and marked up 75%.

This is so true, when you add an $8.00 figure to your game it's nothing more then simply adding some aesthetic figures. Now if you took that $8.00 purchase and somehow made it interactive with the game play, that would be a mod IMHO.

So let me ask you this, I purchase the $10 Pteranodon to fly over the 360' ramp like many of us had done so. Now when I shoot the ball through that ramp, the ball hits the wing tip and the Pteranodon and it shakes back and fourth. Is that a mod now

** Full disclosure, mod creation was totally accidental **

#8153 2 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Where you get small goat...?

It's the playmobil goat, look on ebay.

1 month later
#8242 2 years ago

A little Friday humor:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Inver Grove Heights, MN
Machine - For Sale
Niwot, CO
$ 39.00
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop
Backbox
$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation
Decals
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball
Other
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider deathhimself.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club?tu=deathhimself and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.