(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By EightBallTexas

8 months ago

Topic Stats

• 4,991 posts
  • 436 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by fooflighter
  • Topic is favorited by 209 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,172 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screenshot_20200405-002842_Photos.jpg
6460567C-2B67-449C-BEF5-16535C52AFA9 (resized).jpeg
E970D55F-57B7-446A-9EF7-329FF06CE823 (resized).jpeg
71D480AE-02B3-408E-8CA3-67BA331AFA78 (resized).jpeg
32EC3CFA-DD09-44B9-A181-75673FB70ADC (resized).jpeg
3C91382D-A340-462A-AFE1-D2DA73764256 (resized).jpeg
FD2BDA49-0E17-4A59-9745-60DD140BC469 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5958 (resized).jpg
jurassic park topper (resized).jpg
13F2CD80-214F-4BA0-9533-81EFAE20F67D (resized).jpeg
91226751_2831525746884789_9157231279958130688_n (resized).jpg
screenshot.2541 (resized).jpg
20200401_155102 (resized).jpg
20200401_135328 (resized).jpg
20200401_155114 (resized).jpg
20200401_145045 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #622 KME posts on TREX adjustments. Posted by sk8ball (6 months ago)

Post #885 More info on aligning the TREX. Posted by pickleric (6 months ago)

Post #1396 Shooter fix Posted by Chambahz (5 months ago)

Post #1619 read before dismantling the raptor Posted by timlah79 (5 months ago)

Post #1830 KME gives info on how to adjust the T-Rex. Posted by sk8ball (5 months ago)

Post #2358 TREX Adjustment info Posted by imagamejunky (5 months ago)

Post #2625 Adjusting the raptor pit. Posted by yancy (4 months ago)

Post #2994 How to Remove TREX Head and also fix Jaw Screw that came out/loose Posted by f3honda4me (4 months ago)

Post #3326 Amber Bonus rules and details Posted by fooflighter (4 months ago)

Post #3417 Fix for Orbit optical sensors not registering shots Posted by caker137 (4 months ago)

Post #3548 TREX adjustment, super detailed with pics Posted by Munsters (3 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cthomas1998.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#743 6 months ago

Joining the club......Premium ordered.

1 week later
#982 6 months ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Being 30 years in the medical profession you are very naive to think PB compounds in your machine is a good thing. They are dangerous and if my table arrives with that label, I will be concerned about material in the game, even though I love the gameplay, layout, theme, flow, toys, etc. Will be contacting Stern about this one directly. No Stern NIB machine I’ve received to date has had that warning label. I don’t agree with many things Cali does, but on this one, they are right.

I was in California visiting my daughter a while back and stopped by the local Harley Davidson dealership there to get some stuff. Right smack dab blasted across the front door was the same Prop 65 warning. And it pertained to basically anything made with plastics and any petroleum product. It was on the door of the rental car company at the airport too. A bit overkill I say.

#1068 6 months ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

I got good news yesterday from my dealer.
hope they get you fixed up as well.

Mine said week after next. Maybe we have the same distributor? Is yours in Houston?

#1244 5 months ago
Quoted from yancy:

On one hand I'm like, "thanks for delaying our premiums to rush Elvira on the line with alpha code," but on the other hand I'm like, "go ahead and let my playfield cure for another month or two before assembly."

Well, that's a positive way to look at it at least. We have no choice, so might as well have a good outlook.

1 week later
#1650 5 months ago

My distributor just told my Premium ships out tomorrow from the factory. Will be delivered next week! Can't wait!

#1856 5 months ago

Evening guys, ok my Premium gets delivered Tuesday morning. Had the option for Monday, but can't take Monday's off. Anyway, I have a question. On the LED screen in the backbox, are there any movie clips, or actual video, or is it strictly animations?
Thanks,
Chris

#1881 5 months ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

So it's more fair to say it is CG than it is animation. Kind of like the original movie. And how really good video games are made.
They recreated nearly all of my favorite scenes in CG and really captured the original spirit of those scenes, but because they recreated them, it fits perfectly with the game in the way movie scenes couldn't. They must have spent a ton on it. It sets a new standard in pinball, in my opinion. In fact, I think it makes the quick cut to a sort-of-related movie scene format seem a bit dated.

Thank you so much for the info! Can't wait to play it!

#2021 5 months ago

My Premium arrived today, perfect playfield and works exactly as it should! Thanks to Charlie and his crew at Joystix Amusements!

JURASSIC (resized).jpg
#2024 5 months ago
Quoted from EightBallTexas:

Congrats and go " Stros"
Let's wrap it up tonight.

@eightballtexas Thank You Sir !!! Go Astros !!!

#2153 5 months ago

Gents, I have a gameplay question. When the ball is trapped in the Raptor Pit, and the gate is up and the post drops, allowing the ball to act as a Newton ball, what shot actually drops the gate to release the ball? We've only been able to get a couple games in, and havent figured that out yet. Full blown game night tomorrow night, and Id love to know what releases the ball before my wife figures it out hahahaha!

#2158 5 months ago
Quoted from jdroc:

keep bashing the gate. Each hit to the gate and the targets behind it (from trapped ball) reduces gate integrity. Once it hits 0%, hit one more time to release the gate and get raptor tri ball

Bash that gate like it's no tomorrow...LOL

Thanks guys. Appreciate it! I was trying different targets etc.

#2165 5 months ago

Wifey will know you cheated and came and asked us...HEHE

I won't tell of you won't hahahaha!

#2167 5 months ago

Its Halloween so what have you guys done to your MAN Caves or Game Rooms?
Post up a picture or two.
Winner get's a prize from me a TPF....and it will be a nice one.

This was on top of our slot machine, next to out Dart Machine.

FB_IMG_1572572379584 (resized).jpg
#2343 5 months ago

Switching Topics to " FLOOR MATS"
Who do you like , who do you not like? I have hard wood floors.
I have only come across 2 folks who sell mats...need to buy a few and want some opinions from the experts.
Thanks in advance for the help.

I use a "Standing Desk" at work with adjustable monitors, and when I'm in the standing position, I use an "Anti-Fatigue" mat. They're available all over, including Office Depot, for between $30 and $40. Just make sure you get one that says it's "Anti-Fatigue" It's all about the cushion. Personally, I don't need one....... my games never last that long anyway, so standing at the machine isn't an issue hahahahaha! Did she say 30 seconds hahahahaa!!

#2344 5 months ago

A few things that are not.
Mortgages
State taxes.
HAHA

Gasoline Prices

2 weeks later
#3002 4 months ago

Just want to give a shout out to Dan Dean, from Pinwoofers. Just finished installing a Super Kit on my Premium. Amazing difference! This makes the game totally different. I cannot believe the difference. If you're going to do ANYTHING to improve your JP, upgrading your sound is a must! And Pinwoofers is an awesome business with an awesome product! This is Dan and his daughter's business, and they're super supportive and know their stuff. Just my two cents. And I'm not affiliated with Pinwoofers at all. Just a happy two time customer!

#3123 4 months ago

Ok, so dumbass question ... what is a mini-wizard mode or a wizard mode?

#3133 4 months ago
Quoted from GoodOmens:

Mini-wizards are rewards for making certain progress in a game. Think of it as a mini boss in a video game with wizard mode being the final boss.

Thank You goodomens !

#3199 4 months ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

I’ve asked on the other JP thread, but I’ll ask here also.
I pulled apart my helicopter area to get to the rubbers below due to some SDTM from bricked shots. I’ve put everything back as per normal (also referring to the manual) and now the helicopter blades won’t settle in the right position. They’re seemingly not moving as freely. I’ve loosened and tightened the top screw of the helicopter with no change. Can anyone offer any suggestions?
[quoted image]

There should be screws and nuts on 3 of the 4 blades. Looks like yours had only screws on 1. Here's mine. They act as counterweights. Ok ignore the 1st picture. I cant make that go away. It was something I made in the smoker.

20191128_103626 (resized).jpg20191129_171916 (resized).jpg
#3200 4 months ago

Sure as hell wish I could edit that post and remove that image..... I know I'm gonna catch hell for that! No one wants to see a post of a Hatch Green Chile stuffed Pork Loin in the making..... guys, I apologize.

2 weeks later
#3566 3 months ago
Quoted from modfather:

I am making some cool Amber shooter rods. They are clear, nice big bugs with legs, no bubbles, and no visible line in the middle. I will be making lighted shooter housings too and offer them in green to match the LE. These molds are super difficult to make and get them just right. I have revised a better design for the mold for a more refined look. I also have a really cool Amber Fossil piece to go over the blinding flasher on the lower left at the Control Room. I hope you guys like them. Limited quantities. https://modfatherpinball.com
Chuck[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Boy, I wish the bug in my shooter rod was this big! Mine is real small. I decided not to put it on. I will however be buying the amber piece to cover the flasher. That's a much needed piece.

1 week later
#3700 3 months ago
Quoted from Rydhia:

For people messing with the trees, I cut some acrylic in two ways. One with 3M and one that can be screwed into a post. Just super glue the base into the pre cut holes, trim the excess base and add 3M.
I have a bunch of extras I made so if anyone needs a few, let me know. Just pay shipping.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

PM Sent

#3761 3 months ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I wanted to share a Topper I started coordinated work on.
Its 7 or 8 layers deep of thick plastic, laser cut.
The Base you see, is one I put together, and the production would likely be a flatter piece,
with the supports not showing above the sign lettering. Secures with Nano Tape.
What do you think? Any customers as I shoot this to be a $99 Price?
(the Lighting is a Comet Matrix bulb with splitter, in Corner GI, Wire, and a 6 SMD Pad.
Pne could also plug in a remote RGB in the Backbox) I dont believe I can or wish to supply, but Id share info)
I also have left over from messing with Mods, 5 Licence JP Miniature Dinos.
They have a Base that glows green, and I put 1 above control room flasher, and another on the upper right.
There is also 2-5 Resin Amber Pieces. 2 Tear Drop, they can go on Control room, but I found them a bit too big, or as they are drilled at the top, you could enlarge and make a keychain! These are $15 shipped.
There are 3 Flat Resin Amber. 1 Is very thick....Call that a Paperweight, and 2 thinner.
1 I tapped and drilled in an effort to place at the entrance to the spiral ramp.That one is off a little, but with 2 l brackets, it should mount.the other is undrilled. Each are $20 shipped.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Sending PM

#3797 3 months ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

A real thin open end wrench will fit under the flipper base plate to hold the locknut there while you tighten the screw from above the playfield.

I bought an ignition wrench set. Works perfectly. Craftsman has a set. Used sets are all over Ebay.

1 week later
#4036 85 days ago

I have less than 300 games on my Premium, and the shooter rod has started dragging. Actually has some tiny metal shavings by the bushing on the inside of the machine. What's the best way to get in contact with Stern for a replacement, or is this something I should go thru my distributor on? I think going straight to Stern would be the easiest, but y'all tell me.
Thanks!

#4040 85 days ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Calling Stern Technical Support directly is best (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-are-the-hoursdays-of-stern-tech-support-800-kickers).
If that doesn't work, contract your distributor.
If that doesn't work, try email (Chas.Siddiqi@sternpinball.com, Patrick.Powers@sternpinball.com).
Helps to take photos or videos to describe the issue (not always necessary if it's a known issue).
Good luck.

Thanks snaroff. That'll be my first thing done Monday am!

#4113 82 days ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Calling Stern Technical Support directly is best (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-are-the-hoursdays-of-stern-tech-support-800-kickers).
If that doesn't work, contract your distributor.
If that doesn't work, try email (Chas.Siddiqi@sternpinball.com, Patrick.Powers@sternpinball.com).
Helps to take photos or videos to describe the issue (not always necessary if it's a known issue).
Good luck.

I called and spoke with Chas on this today. He asked me to email him pictures, my machines serial number, and my address. He said they would take care of my shooter rod dragging issues. Also, is there supposed to be a rubber on the post at the bottom of the right outlane, the dreaded Nedrey ball eater? Mine has nothing.

20200112_143951 (resized).jpg20200112_144000 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#4632 40 days ago
Quoted from PinballZach:

The upper flipper on my JP premium works fine after the first few games, then all of a sudden when I release the flipper it just falls back to resting position very slowly. After lifting the playfield I noticed that the flipper coil was very hot. I cleaned the coil sleeve thinking it was just dust build up and checked the coil stop which looked fine. After thinking I got it fixed by cleaning it, I let the coil cool back down. Same as before now, it works fine the first few games then when I go to release the flipper slowly falls back to resting position. I think the coil is getting so hot that it might be melting the coil sleeve causing it to rub which is slowing it. Any ideas on how to fix this?

I had the same problem on my Munsters Premium. I just loosened the bat, and raised the flipper bat a very little bit, maybe a 1/32" or so. It was just binding because it was too far down in the hole. I know that's a bit strange for an explanation, but give it a try and see if it helps.

2 weeks later
#4793 24 days ago

Just seemed fitting to post this here.....

FB_IMG_1583968954675 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Top-Notch Target Shields
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cthomas1998.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside