(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_030524583 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_031412806.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0996 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0997 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0382 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0381 (resized).jpeg
20231207_202319 (resized).jpg
IMG_0971 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #885 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex alignment bulletin from Stern. Posted by pickleric (4 years ago)

Post #1396 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter fix Posted by Chambahz (4 years ago)

Post #1619 read before dismantling the raptor Posted by timlah79 (4 years ago)

Post #1830 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex adjustment info according to Keith Elwin Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #2358 TREX Adjustment info Posted by imagamejunky (4 years ago)

Post #2625 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Raptor pit detailed adjustment instructions. Posted by yancy (4 years ago)

Post #2994 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex head removal tips and Jaw screw fix. Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #3326 Amber Bonus rules and details Posted by fooflighter (4 years ago)

Post #3417 TECH: SWITCHES. Opto sensor not registering on orbit fix Posted by caker137 (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cthomas1998.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#743 4 years ago

Joining the club......Premium ordered.

1 week later
#982 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Being 30 years in the medical profession you are very naive to think PB compounds in your machine is a good thing. They are dangerous and if my table arrives with that label, I will be concerned about material in the game, even though I love the gameplay, layout, theme, flow, toys, etc. Will be contacting Stern about this one directly. No Stern NIB machine I’ve received to date has had that warning label. I don’t agree with many things Cali does, but on this one, they are right.

I was in California visiting my daughter a while back and stopped by the local Harley Davidson dealership there to get some stuff. Right smack dab blasted across the front door was the same Prop 65 warning. And it pertained to basically anything made with plastics and any petroleum product. It was on the door of the rental car company at the airport too. A bit overkill I say.

#1068 4 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

I got good news yesterday from my dealer.
hope they get you fixed up as well.

Mine said week after next. Maybe we have the same distributor? Is yours in Houston?

#1244 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

On one hand I'm like, "thanks for delaying our premiums to rush Elvira on the line with alpha code," but on the other hand I'm like, "go ahead and let my playfield cure for another month or two before assembly."

Well, that's a positive way to look at it at least. We have no choice, so might as well have a good outlook.

1 week later
#1650 4 years ago

My distributor just told my Premium ships out tomorrow from the factory. Will be delivered next week! Can't wait!

#1856 4 years ago

Evening guys, ok my Premium gets delivered Tuesday morning. Had the option for Monday, but can't take Monday's off. Anyway, I have a question. On the LED screen in the backbox, are there any movie clips, or actual video, or is it strictly animations?
Thanks,
Chris

#1881 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

So it's more fair to say it is CG than it is animation. Kind of like the original movie. And how really good video games are made.
They recreated nearly all of my favorite scenes in CG and really captured the original spirit of those scenes, but because they recreated them, it fits perfectly with the game in the way movie scenes couldn't. They must have spent a ton on it. It sets a new standard in pinball, in my opinion. In fact, I think it makes the quick cut to a sort-of-related movie scene format seem a bit dated.

Thank you so much for the info! Can't wait to play it!

#2021 4 years ago

My Premium arrived today, perfect playfield and works exactly as it should! Thanks to Charlie and his crew at Joystix Amusements!

JURASSIC (resized).jpgJURASSIC (resized).jpg
#2024 4 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Congrats and go " Stros"
Let's wrap it up tonight.

@eightballtexas Thank You Sir !!! Go Astros !!!

#2153 4 years ago

Gents, I have a gameplay question. When the ball is trapped in the Raptor Pit, and the gate is up and the post drops, allowing the ball to act as a Newton ball, what shot actually drops the gate to release the ball? We've only been able to get a couple games in, and havent figured that out yet. Full blown game night tomorrow night, and Id love to know what releases the ball before my wife figures it out hahahaha!

#2158 4 years ago
Quoted from jdroc:

keep bashing the gate. Each hit to the gate and the targets behind it (from trapped ball) reduces gate integrity. Once it hits 0%, hit one more time to release the gate and get raptor tri ball

Bash that gate like it's no tomorrow...LOL

Thanks guys. Appreciate it! I was trying different targets etc.

#2160 4 years ago

Thank you @marksf123!

#2165 4 years ago

Wifey will know you cheated and came and asked us...HEHE

I won't tell of you won't hahahaha!

#2167 4 years ago

Its Halloween so what have you guys done to your MAN Caves or Game Rooms?
Post up a picture or two.
Winner get's a prize from me a TPF....and it will be a nice one.

This was on top of our slot machine, next to out Dart Machine.

FB_IMG_1572572379584 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1572572379584 (resized).jpg
#2343 4 years ago

Switching Topics to " FLOOR MATS"
Who do you like , who do you not like? I have hard wood floors.
I have only come across 2 folks who sell mats...need to buy a few and want some opinions from the experts.
Thanks in advance for the help.

I use a "Standing Desk" at work with adjustable monitors, and when I'm in the standing position, I use an "Anti-Fatigue" mat. They're available all over, including Office Depot, for between $30 and $40. Just make sure you get one that says it's "Anti-Fatigue" It's all about the cushion. Personally, I don't need one....... my games never last that long anyway, so standing at the machine isn't an issue hahahahaha! Did she say 30 seconds hahahahaa!!

#2344 4 years ago

A few things that are not.
Mortgages
State taxes.
HAHA

Gasoline Prices

2 weeks later
#3002 4 years ago

Just want to give a shout out to Dan Dean, from Pinwoofers. Just finished installing a Super Kit on my Premium. Amazing difference! This makes the game totally different. I cannot believe the difference. If you're going to do ANYTHING to improve your JP, upgrading your sound is a must! And Pinwoofers is an awesome business with an awesome product! This is Dan and his daughter's business, and they're super supportive and know their stuff. Just my two cents. And I'm not affiliated with Pinwoofers at all. Just a happy two time customer!

#3123 4 years ago

Ok, so dumbass question ... what is a mini-wizard mode or a wizard mode?

#3133 4 years ago
Quoted from GoodOmens:

Mini-wizards are rewards for making certain progress in a game. Think of it as a mini boss in a video game with wizard mode being the final boss.

Thank You GoodOmens !

#3199 4 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

I’ve asked on the other JP thread, but I’ll ask here also.
I pulled apart my helicopter area to get to the rubbers below due to some SDTM from bricked shots. I’ve put everything back as per normal (also referring to the manual) and now the helicopter blades won’t settle in the right position. They’re seemingly not moving as freely. I’ve loosened and tightened the top screw of the helicopter with no change. Can anyone offer any suggestions?
[quoted image]

There should be screws and nuts on 3 of the 4 blades. Looks like yours had only screws on 1. Here's mine. They act as counterweights. Ok ignore the 1st picture. I cant make that go away. It was something I made in the smoker.

20191128_103626 (resized).jpg20191128_103626 (resized).jpg20191129_171916 (resized).jpg20191129_171916 (resized).jpg
#3200 4 years ago

Sure as hell wish I could edit that post and remove that image..... I know I'm gonna catch hell for that! No one wants to see a post of a Hatch Green Chile stuffed Pork Loin in the making..... guys, I apologize.

2 weeks later
#3566 4 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

I am making some cool Amber shooter rods. They are clear, nice big bugs with legs, no bubbles, and no visible line in the middle. I will be making lighted shooter housings too and offer them in green to match the LE. These molds are super difficult to make and get them just right. I have revised a better design for the mold for a more refined look. I also have a really cool Amber Fossil piece to go over the blinding flasher on the lower left at the Control Room. I hope you guys like them. Limited quantities. https://modfatherpinball.com
Chuck[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Boy, I wish the bug in my shooter rod was this big! Mine is real small. I decided not to put it on. I will however be buying the amber piece to cover the flasher. That's a much needed piece.

1 week later
#3700 4 years ago
Quoted from Rydhia:

For people messing with the trees, I cut some acrylic in two ways. One with 3M and one that can be screwed into a post. Just super glue the base into the pre cut holes, trim the excess base and add 3M.
I have a bunch of extras I made so if anyone needs a few, let me know. Just pay shipping.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

PM Sent

#3761 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I wanted to share a Topper I started coordinated work on.
Its 7 or 8 layers deep of thick plastic, laser cut.
The Base you see, is one I put together, and the production would likely be a flatter piece,
with the supports not showing above the sign lettering. Secures with Nano Tape.
What do you think? Any customers as I shoot this to be a $99 Price?
(the Lighting is a Comet Matrix bulb with splitter, in Corner GI, Wire, and a 6 SMD Pad.
Pne could also plug in a remote RGB in the Backbox) I dont believe I can or wish to supply, but Id share info)
I also have left over from messing with Mods, 5 Licence JP Miniature Dinos.
They have a Base that glows green, and I put 1 above control room flasher, and another on the upper right.
There is also 2-5 Resin Amber Pieces. 2 Tear Drop, they can go on Control room, but I found them a bit too big, or as they are drilled at the top, you could enlarge and make a keychain! These are $15 shipped.
There are 3 Flat Resin Amber. 1 Is very thick....Call that a Paperweight, and 2 thinner.
1 I tapped and drilled in an effort to place at the entrance to the spiral ramp.That one is off a little, but with 2 l brackets, it should mount.the other is undrilled. Each are $20 shipped.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Sending PM

#3797 4 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

A real thin open end wrench will fit under the flipper base plate to hold the locknut there while you tighten the screw from above the playfield.

I bought an ignition wrench set. Works perfectly. Craftsman has a set. Used sets are all over Ebay.

1 week later
#4036 4 years ago

I have less than 300 games on my Premium, and the shooter rod has started dragging. Actually has some tiny metal shavings by the bushing on the inside of the machine. What's the best way to get in contact with Stern for a replacement, or is this something I should go thru my distributor on? I think going straight to Stern would be the easiest, but y'all tell me.
Thanks!

#4040 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Calling Stern Technical Support directly is best (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-are-the-hoursdays-of-stern-tech-support-800-kickers).
If that doesn't work, contract your distributor.
If that doesn't work, try email ([email protected], [email protected]).
Helps to take photos or videos to describe the issue (not always necessary if it's a known issue).
Good luck.

Thanks @snaroff. That'll be my first thing done Monday am!

#4113 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Calling Stern Technical Support directly is best (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-are-the-hoursdays-of-stern-tech-support-800-kickers).
If that doesn't work, contract your distributor.
If that doesn't work, try email ([email protected], [email protected]).
Helps to take photos or videos to describe the issue (not always necessary if it's a known issue).
Good luck.

I called and spoke with Chas on this today. He asked me to email him pictures, my machines serial number, and my address. He said they would take care of my shooter rod dragging issues. Also, is there supposed to be a rubber on the post at the bottom of the right outlane, the dreaded Nedrey ball eater? Mine has nothing.

20200112_143951 (resized).jpg20200112_143951 (resized).jpg20200112_144000 (resized).jpg20200112_144000 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#4632 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballZach:

The upper flipper on my JP premium works fine after the first few games, then all of a sudden when I release the flipper it just falls back to resting position very slowly. After lifting the playfield I noticed that the flipper coil was very hot. I cleaned the coil sleeve thinking it was just dust build up and checked the coil stop which looked fine. After thinking I got it fixed by cleaning it, I let the coil cool back down. Same as before now, it works fine the first few games then when I go to release the flipper slowly falls back to resting position. I think the coil is getting so hot that it might be melting the coil sleeve causing it to rub which is slowing it. Any ideas on how to fix this?

I had the same problem on my Munsters Premium. I just loosened the bat, and raised the flipper bat a very little bit, maybe a 1/32" or so. It was just binding because it was too far down in the hole. I know that's a bit strange for an explanation, but give it a try and see if it helps.

2 weeks later
#4793 4 years ago

Just seemed fitting to post this here.....

FB_IMG_1583968954675 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1583968954675 (resized).jpg
5 months later
#5926 3 years ago

Good Afternoon. I have had a strange thing start happening on my Premium. Its a home use pin, bought it new. It has the latest code. I decided to add a DBA and take it off if Free Play just for fun. Makes forna big expensive bank hahahaa! Anyway, while I was in the settings, messing around with custom pricing, all of the sudden, the menu and everything locks up, and I can't get out of it. I have to power cycle the machine, then it just goes into a bootup loop continuously. I have to reload the latest code fully, to get it back. Rhis has happened twice. Decided to leave it alone. Ive had the machine for many months. Any ideas?

#5944 3 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Sounds like a 'showstopper' bug in the code itself. You said you did this twice, and was repeatable, so changing a pricing setting seems to be corrupting the code on SDCARD, presumably during a write sequence. BIG "IF": If STOCK firmware, I would document step by step and send to Stern support. If using Tim's AUDIO update version of firmware, try installing the STERN STOCK version and see if it still happens. If it does not break when using STOCK firmware, then again document your steps using HIS version of the firmware and send to Tim.

Thank you very much Markharris2000 ! Yes, it's using factory Stock Firmware I will begin a a nice document of the sequence of events, and send to Stern Support.

3 months later
#6446 3 years ago

Found a glitch in Sterns Jurassic Park code. Going to email them Monday. In the utilities menu, if I go to change the options where the game prices are displayed, there is an option to show a $ as in $1.00 versus 1.00 on the LCD. If I choose the $, the software locks up, and I can't get out of it. I have to shut the machine off. Upon restart, it goes into a reboot loop, and never starts. I have to reload the code with a full reload, not a quick load. Been that way the last 2 code releases. Maybe earlier for all I know. I just put bill acceptors in my Sterns starting about 4 months ago.

1 month later
#6623 3 years ago

I need a little help. I've looked thru the menus and can't find the one Im looking for. I'm sure it exists. I'm looking for the option to discard credits that are on the machine when it's powered down. I want it to power up with zero credits. Anyone know which option that is? I'm not an operator, just a guy whose added DBA's to my Sterns, and like adding dollars to it for games at the beginning of evenings we play. Makes for a quick way to save cash for more toys Thanks!

1 year later
#8640 1 year ago

Good Morning. I did something stupid and I need some help. I was installing an Insider Connected kit in my JP Premium. I pulled the playfield out and rested it on the rubber rests. I got distracted, and was out of the room for awhile, and when I came back in, I continued and actually pulled the playfield off the rails when lifting it upright. I got the playfield back into the rails and looked for damage. It appears the pop up rod that blocks the upper orbit, the device coil and bracket that hangs the lowest, landed on top of the speaker. Scratched the speaker housing a little, and required me to straighten that coil bracket a little. Other than that, no visible damage, so I continued on installing the kit. Finished everything, fired it up, everything updated, no problem. Went to start a game, went into ball search, stating balls no found. Went into trough test, optos don't register a ball at all. Verified all balls present. Looked for broken wires, dont see any. Still won't register balls. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Reseated all the ethernet cables and connectors associated with the Trough. No loose or broken wires that I can see. Ran thru all the coil tests and they are good. Node bus test good. Node board test does nothing. Highlight thr board, select it, speaker makes typical selection noise, then just does nothing. I'm at a loss.

20220515_140633 (resized).jpg20220515_140633 (resized).jpg

#8641 1 year ago

I literally have no idea where to go from here. I have reseated all ethernet cables in the entire machine. Reseated the Trough board cables and at their respective opposite ends. I updated the code prior to installing the kit, and it worked fine before installing the kit, and also my clumsiness. I have no idea what to do.

#8644 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Did you check connector CN14 on node board 8 (8 is the one near the flippers, not the one closer to the middle of the playfield). Pull it, look at the wires closely, and reseat it firmly.
Also, post a hi-res pic of your node 8 board and the node 8a board (on the opposite side).

Thank you @Pinmonk. I will do that as soon as I get home this evening.

#8645 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Have you tried getting support from Stern? Even if your machine is out of the warranty period, you were installing their Insider Connected kit and something has gone wrong, so I'd think they'd help you in troubleshooting where the issue is (they may not pay for the replacement of a failed component if it is not directly related to IC but they'd want to ensure people aren't have issues with retrofitting IC to their games).

Going to check a few more things tonight, and if no luck, will check with Stern Support. Thanks @Manny65

#8647 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Did you check connector CN14 on node board 8 (8 is the one near the flippers, not the one closer to the middle of the playfield). Pull it, look at the wires closely, and reseat it firmly.
Also, post a hi-res pic of your node 8 board and the node 8a board (on the opposite side).

Good Afternoon @PinMonk. Sorry for the delay, wasn't feeling well. Anyway, CN14 looks good. Reseated it a couple times.
The red leds light when there is a ball in there??? Maybe they are registering, and I'm looking at the wrong thing? There are 6 balls in the Trough, however whenever I try to start a game, it immediately goes into ball search, and says locating balls. When I do the Trough test, it shows 6 numbered circles like balls. And also for the one I'm thr shooter land. When I activate that shooter line wire trip switch, the ball on the trough test goes solid and the kicker fires. However when I put balls in the Trough, the circles remain just circles, not solid. I would suspect they go solid with a ball in there? Also, here's the 8 and 8a pictures.

20220518_150123 (resized).jpg20220518_150123 (resized).jpg20220518_153412 (resized).jpg20220518_153412 (resized).jpg20220518_150211 (resized).jpg20220518_150211 (resized).jpg
#8649 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Try putting pressure on the 8a ball trough board connectors, pushing slightly on the big connector with the PF down and then pulling it while on that screen and see if the balls light up. Repeat with the small connector on the other side. And you're not pushing pulling the top of the connectors, but the side, just trying to see if a loose pin is preventing connection. It's pretty common with these boards for that to happen, especially on route.

Thank you @Pinmonk. Will do!

#8650 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Try putting pressure on the 8a ball trough board connectors, pushing slightly on the big connector with the PF down and then pulling it while on that screen and see if the balls light up. Repeat with the small connector on the other side. And you're not pushing pulling the top of the connectors, but the side, just trying to see if a loose pin is preventing connection. It's pretty common with these boards for that to happen, especially on route.

Good Morning PinMonk I tried applying pressure, and had no luck. When machine is on, and all 6 leds are lit, when manually kicking a ball out to the shooter lane, the left led goes out, and when the ball return, it comes back on, as it should. Just doesn't recognize thr balls are in there.

#8652 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So, it sounds like the trough board itself is registering that the opto is triggering (based on the trough board lights coming on and off correctly), it's just not communicating that to the machine?
At this point I'd swap node 9 and Node 8 boards (change the dip switches on each board to the opposite board's settings so they know their new role) and see if the problem moves to the left ramp sign and the dino, because that's what CN14 operates on Node 9. If your trough resolves, but the problem has moved, then that node board was likely damaged and will need to be repaired.

Good Afternoon PinMonk . I will pull those boards and swap them Saturday morning. A tech from Stern had me swap the cables between CN2 and CN3 on node board 8 to see if the trough problem went away, and an issue started on the leds, but there was no change so I put it back. I'll do as you suggest 1st thing Saturday morning. That was going to be my install time for my Tibetan Breeze Flipper kit, and my magnet and diverter cooling kit....

#8653 1 year ago

Good Afternoon @PinMonk. I found it. It was a pinched wire that was really hard to see. The pinch was on one wire, and that wire was tight up against another in the harness, covering up the pinch. Just got luck and saw a little anomaly I. The way the wires looked. Took a closer look and verified it. Cut, soldered, and heat shrunk it. All good now!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop
Backbox
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 16.00
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
$ 35.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com
Protection
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 39.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cthomas1998.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club?tu=cthomas1998 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.