(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,218 posts
  • 803 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by scootss
  • Topic is favorited by 439 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1098 (resized).png
B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_030524583 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #885 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex alignment bulletin from Stern. Posted by pickleric (4 years ago)

Post #1396 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter fix Posted by Chambahz (4 years ago)

Post #1619 read before dismantling the raptor Posted by timlah79 (4 years ago)

Post #1830 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex adjustment info according to Keith Elwin Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #2358 TREX Adjustment info Posted by imagamejunky (4 years ago)

Post #2625 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Raptor pit detailed adjustment instructions. Posted by yancy (4 years ago)

Post #2994 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex head removal tips and Jaw screw fix. Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #3326 Amber Bonus rules and details Posted by fooflighter (4 years ago)

Post #3417 TECH: SWITCHES. Opto sensor not registering on orbit fix Posted by caker137 (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cooked71.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#610 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

My delivery has been delayed. It is sitting 5 miles from my home since Fri. but I can't pick it up and they can't deliver it until Tues!
For those who received it... Does the dinosaur throw the ball around? I'm hearing maybe it doesn't even though their marketing video clearly showed it doing that.

I think they said there was a setting to change what the dinosaur does with the ball - either throw it or place it on the wireform.

#630 4 years ago

Can anyone report that they’ve fixed the upper flipper post issue (keeps coming loose)?

#658 4 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

#78 is home safely I was up all night changing the bands to Titan Orange, Game is a blast no issues to report and also my post has a nut on it so there should be no issues with the post anymore!!![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Came from the factory with a nut?? Fantastic news. Saves a lot of stuffing around and will make that post rock solid.

#736 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

I got a much better picture of the gap issue that is causing the side-wall to press into the playfield by turning on the GI lights. Take a look at the attached. Like a post or washer pressing into the clear, here, you can see the wall is pressing into the clear. Probably an anomaly. Nonetheless, that pressure has deformed the clear in MY machine, but I don't think this would affect anyone whose side-walls aren't pressed into the PF over the artwork.
It's also worth reminding that the clear coat appears to be much thinner, so it is no surprise to me that the deformed clear coat on mine is less raised (and less noticeable) than it appears on the more thickly coated machines we've seen on earlier pros.
[quoted image]

Definitely recommend putting a washer under that last bolt that secures the rail to the pf. That’s exactly the point that causes chips on Deadpool ball guides.

#775 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

I'm at a loss now. I looked over the playfield more carefully this time. I'm guessing there isn't a fix for peeled paint. 22 games in.[quoted image]

Crap - that really sucks.

#777 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

I'm at a loss now. I looked over the playfield more carefully this time. I'm guessing there isn't a fix for peeled paint. 22 games in.[quoted image]

Is that the same location where your ball guide was digging in to the PF?

#789 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

No. This is by the apron. The other area already has some paint removed, but I didn't make a big deal about it because it is mostly where you can't see it. I'm not a nit-picky guy, so I just ignored it. But this is kind of in your face.
My dealer had two boxes next to each other and asked which number I wanted. I guess I picked the wrong one.

IMO that is a no question full game swap or refund. Or a populated PF swap at the very least if you're happy to go through that process. Should be no hesitation, delays or questions from either Stern or your dealer.

#794 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

This is all new to me. I haven't had to deal with anything like this in the past with my Premiums. I have no idea what to expect. Stern customer support has always been great to me, but I don't know their process or even what I'm entitled to ask for. We have also never really disagreed on anything, so I wouldn't be prepared for a scenario where we may.
I trust my dealer. An excellent local store owner that I trust and who has tons of history with Stern. I'm going to ask him his thoughts on it before making any decisions.

I've had experience with Stern customer support and it has all been positive. You just need to decide what is an acceptable outcome for you and push for that.

This is a very clear cut case so you can and should expect the response to be the same.

100% do not accept anything less than a full populated PF swap.

#795 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

The question is do Stern actually have any playfields that are 100% without defects? Yes some might be okay at this minute but I wouldn’t like to put money on it that they are going to stay that way, which is why I pulled my money from JPLE.

Yeh, that is a concern.

I am thinking of doing the same, but the only thing stopping me is my dealer and Stern have ALWAYS looked after me in the past.

But in this case Im debating whether I could be bothered going through the hassle. If the game wasn't looking so good I wouldn't.

#861 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

Stern has offered to send me a clear touch-up kit. Does anyone know if that will help mitigate this?[quoted image]

WTF? That’s really insulting. I’m embarrassed for Stern they would even offer that in your case.

Stern really surprise me because I’ve had nothing but fantastic experience with their customer service, but then i hear these ridiculous attempts at trying to do the bare minimum - almost like a bargaining tactic to see what the absolute minimum you will accept.

Admittedly I don’t ever deal directly with Stern, but through my distributor, so that may be the difference.

#863 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

I don't think it's officially resolved in their mind yet. Stern reached out to me and let me know they are discussing it internally.

Good to hear. I’m sure they’ll sort you out.

1 week later
#1253 4 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:I've put up about 40 games on my LE, my only complaints are right ramp and orbit are not consistent and I consider myself a pretty good player, GC 2 bil. I like long playing games, own BM 66, Hobbit, POTC, SW...I don't know if I see this as staying past 6 months to be honest.

I don’t understand your post. You’re saying there’s only one problem and that’s the irregular right ramp feed. But then Go on to say you don’t see it lasting 6 months. Why? Long playing?

#1284 4 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

4 new PINs checking in.....will update list tonight. Canada is on fire....
Waiting for news from OZ and our Euro mates.
Congrats guys.

LE’s due down here in November some time.

2 weeks later
#2053 4 years ago

Cmon OZ, where are you mates?

It’s a long way down here 8ball. I think they’re all on a ship as we speak but won’t arrive until end November.

1 week later
#2598 4 years ago

Australia "Boxed at Stern"

Due this week
Wont be able to unbox for a few weeks

#2641 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

I’m not liking the Titan flipper rubbers either. They’re coming off tonight.

Funny, I was just thinking the same thing about the Titans I’ve got on Deadpool.

1 week later
#2865 4 years ago

Congrats.
What number is that bad boy??

Looks like #210

#2944 4 years ago

Good news....just paid for JPLE #13.

Bad news.....can’t open it for a couple of weeks.

1 month later
#3688 4 years ago

Early Xmas presy.....

1934EDAA-7244-45C6-BC44-4FA137E9049A (resized).jpeg1934EDAA-7244-45C6-BC44-4FA137E9049A (resized).jpegA6BBA014-41F4-4710-89F6-4EE1084DF1DD (resized).jpegA6BBA014-41F4-4710-89F6-4EE1084DF1DD (resized).jpegED10773B-CB6C-4A3D-ACF7-B7D3672DA861 (resized).jpegED10773B-CB6C-4A3D-ACF7-B7D3672DA861 (resized).jpeg
#3697 4 years ago

WOW, the hype is real. Well done Keith Elwin and team.

#3698 4 years ago

Anyone aware of a fix from Stern for this obvious ball trap?
04DCB16B-AE43-4C5F-9F90-B5FE8831D9D3 (resized).jpeg04DCB16B-AE43-4C5F-9F90-B5FE8831D9D3 (resized).jpeg

Edit: going to try a bigger rubber on the post to the left.

#3706 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Never had a ball hang there in 1900 games but you could put down a 3M button on the plastic, might have to experiement on size
amazon.com link »

Literally first game. But may be because it’s so fast at the moment being brand new. Jumped off the Trex ramp. Can’t remember but maybe his jaw was down which made it go over the edge.

#3711 4 years ago

Holy cr*p this game is good!

Every so often a game comes along that makes you question why you need any other games. Can’t remember the last time that happened.

I know it’s still honeymoon but this game is so solid.

Elwin somehow manages to achieve so much more with his BOM than other designers. If generic licensing means a game this good I’ll take it all day.

#3727 4 years ago
Quoted from Aetos:

What playfield angle do you think is the best for the premium?

I’ve got mine on 7.0 and everything works perfectly.

#3769 4 years ago
Quoted from Jdfitzy-in-Aus:

Congrats mate, you must have got one of the last in Aus.
I was lucky enough for two people to drop out in front of me so I had a chance to snag an LE.
Loving this game so far...

How good is it! I’ve had it all along, just didn’t have a chance to open it until Xmas eve. Was thinking of selling it, but so happy I didn’t. I’m not aware of any left NIB, unless someone is sitting on one.

#3778 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Considering the difficulty/coolness of this combo, kind of surprised it isn't one of the recognized "DNA Combos".

There’s a few combos that seem like perfect DNA combos - but this game has so many unique combos maybe they felt they had to limit it.

#3790 4 years ago
Quoted from Jdfitzy-in-Aus:

Hmmm was just about to post this...
Found that all 3 of the black screws had worked themselves out and this other random screw (but not like In a “friends with benefits” kind of way...) were on the bottom of the cabinet.
So Rexy’s jaw just fell off when I checked it.
I’m guessing that due to the angle there is no way to reattach it other than taking the mech off the backboard?[quoted image]

Did you just use Locktite JD?

#3867 4 years ago
Quoted from PinPeet:

Hello. I want to change all the stock rubbers. Do you have an idea how many and what sizes I need to order in total?
Maybe someone has an order to share?
Thx

https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/browse/bygame/5738

#3880 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

I don’t think Stern has ever done that before?

Iron Maiden. I think it’s just a Keith thing.

#3892 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

where did you get that topper?

It's from Tilt Topper - but the one on his website is for the DE JP. He's got another version for Stern. Not sure if he's got any left.

#3950 4 years ago

Nice update - thx guys!

Super Tranquilizer!!!! Finally they found a use for the button. Like it - not just the usual Boom/VIP pass.

1 week later
#4174 4 years ago

Has Stern even mentioned a topper for JP? I wasn’t aware it was even on the table.

Game is so freakin intense, no way anyone is looking at a topper while playing this. All the brilliance is on the PF.

I’m with Ice on this - game is a masterpiece. Bally Williams 90’s greatness with 2020 Stern tech and code depth.

#4195 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

time to make the leap to 5-ball......and since you've done it, I feel less shame

There is no less shame. You’re both cheating.

#4197 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballZach:

My Premiums been playing great since I got it. But now my truck won’t completely turn when hit from either side and just gets stuck halfway until it knocks itself loose. Has any one had this problem and know a fix for it?

There was a fix mentioned earlier - not sure if it was in this thread or the other. Involved some silicone lubricant I think.

Edit: here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/72#post-5414130

Someone after also did it and said it worked.

#4237 4 years ago

The past few games my Dino has picked up the ball, gone through the theatrics and then forgotten to release it like he doesn’t know it’s in there. Before I investigate, any ideas?

#4263 4 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Are you saying Trex holds the ball for a while at the beginning of Trex Multiball and then throws it after a 2nd ball is auto launched? If so, that's the correct sequence now in .97.
If Trex doesn't throw the ball after the 2nd ball is launched then something is wrong.

No, he just forgets he’s got it. But admittedly it’s on .96 code and this was trex 2 I think. Just picked it up, went through the wholes sequence, but never gave it back. Not even after ball search.

#4299 4 years ago

So my Trex’s jaw intermittently doesn’t work - ie the coil to drop the jaw down just stops working. It’s intermittent in the coil test also. Sometimes it’ll drop to pick up the ball, but then not work to let it go. Jaw opto is perfect.

Any ideas?

#4309 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

So my Trex’s jaw intermittently doesn’t work - ie the coil to drop the jaw down just stops working. It’s intermittent in the coil test also. Sometimes it’ll drop to pick up the ball, but then not work to let it go. Jaw opto is perfect.
Any ideas?

In case anyone has the same problem, turned out to be a flaky solder connection on the coil that controls Trex’s jaw. It sits in the top of his head, so you need to remove the whole assembly- which is not as bad as it sounds. This coil has the wires pre soldered under the coil paper directly to the copper coil winding. Mine had just separated from one of the wires. I just re-soldered and taped with electircian tape and works perfectly now. But I’ll get a replacement OEM one From Stern just in case. I imagine it could be a future issue for some since it moves and vibrates a lot up there. If anyone needs more pics let me know.

9564147A-0536-49BC-8640-901F96151E04 (resized).jpeg9564147A-0536-49BC-8640-901F96151E04 (resized).jpegE8FE0580-4AB3-4FD0-BAD3-86F48B8EB564 (resized).jpegE8FE0580-4AB3-4FD0-BAD3-86F48B8EB564 (resized).jpeg
#4349 4 years ago
Quoted from Polidori:

Can anyone tell me exactly what's in the 'goody bag' stapled to the inside of my LE? I really don't want to remove the bag unless there's a compelling reason for doing so.

There’s a code to an amazing Super Duper Wizard Mode which you can’t access unless you remove the bag.

#4361 4 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

I really wanted an angry T-Rex.

Best mech/toy in pinball? Gets my Twippy. Maybe MMR castle as a close second.

Definitely best animatronic in Pinball.

Whoever engineered this needs to work on more Stern games.

#4363 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Absolutely. Hands down best mech in pinball.

I can’t believe it actually works TBH.

#4400 4 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

My raptor isn't moving, it moves freely by hand and doesn't seem to be getting caught on anything (as per the issues previously posted). I noticed the screw under the raptor on the metal bracket was loose, however when I tighten it the metal arm that makes the raptor lean forward doesn't move at all.
Has anyone got closeup photos of how this mechanism should look or be assembled (the manual doesn't show this)? Does the vertical component of the metal arm sit in front of the target in the raptor pit, so the ball hits it which pushes against the target switch and flips the back up to knock the raptor forward? Or does that piece sit behind the target? I've tried both but neither work.
Any help appreciated[quoted image]

Will check mine out today Manny65 - can’t say I even remember it moving.

1 week later
#4504 4 years ago

Anyone else noticed that when you hit both posts at the entry to the right ramp (double brick) it awards a shot to the ramp? Like in Metallica right ramp.

But what I can’t work out is how the hell does it register that - they’re just static posts.

3 weeks later
#4713 4 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Is there a documented list somewhere of the menu items, to make finding the specific setting quicker?

That would be really handy.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cooked71.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club?tu=cooked71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.