(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,218 posts
  • 803 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by scootss
  • Topic is favorited by 439 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1098 (resized).png
B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_030524583 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #885 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex alignment bulletin from Stern. Posted by pickleric (4 years ago)

Post #1396 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter fix Posted by Chambahz (4 years ago)

Post #1619 read before dismantling the raptor Posted by timlah79 (4 years ago)

Post #1830 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex adjustment info according to Keith Elwin Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #2358 TREX Adjustment info Posted by imagamejunky (4 years ago)

Post #2625 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Raptor pit detailed adjustment instructions. Posted by yancy (4 years ago)

Post #2994 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex head removal tips and Jaw screw fix. Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #3326 Amber Bonus rules and details Posted by fooflighter (4 years ago)

Post #3417 TECH: SWITCHES. Opto sensor not registering on orbit fix Posted by caker137 (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chambahz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#796 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

This is all new to me. I haven't had to deal with anything like this in the past with my Premiums. I have no idea what to expect. Stern customer support has always been great to me, but I don't know their process or even what I'm entitled to ask for. We have also never really disagreed on anything, so I wouldn't be prepared for a scenario where we may.
I trust my dealer. An excellent local store owner that I trust and who has tons of history with Stern. I'm going to ask him his thoughts on it before making any decisions.

My uneducated guess is that there was a screw that holds the apron in place very near that spot. That when they were installing the apron, the screw was dragged through the wet clear and scratched the paint. Looking at that, the scrape is quite close to the apron and I don't see how a ball might do that -further reinforcing the idea that it was done while in the factory.
I don't think that paint "flakes" through clearcoat, causing it to become "torn" like you've shown in the photos.

I looked through the Jurassic manual but couldnt find any photo showing the apron or where the screws are located.
If any Pinsider with a JPLE wants to remove the apron to check, that might be helpful in understanding the root cause of this.

Unlike the following opinion, of these being "ticking time bombs" where the art and clear start lifting, I expect it was a factory screw-up.

Quoted from J85M:

Unfortunately I don’t think hawkmoon77 had issues right away, hope yours is fine but these seem to be a ticking time bomb until the art and clear starts lifting, I’m not confident Elvira3 won’t have issues with the ball continually firing out of that elevated kicker.

Don't be shy about bringing this to both your Distributors attention and to Stern, if your distributor doesnt support you. You can even call Stern directly to explain what you've found, then send them pics. I've always found them super helpful and great to deal with.
I would expect that ESPECIALLY if it's thought that this was an error caused before the pin left the factory and was caused by an employee while being put together, that Stern might consider that eligible for their "case by case" support.

Fingers are crossed for ya!

#804 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

I don’t understand what you mean. Apron should not be installed in wet clear? The apron is installed on a rock hard, completely dry clear coat playfield.
Or are you saying Stern installed it before the playfield was cured?

Since we've seen pooling occur I dont think the clear is "rock hard" when the parts are installed?

#872 4 years ago
Quoted from drewski28:

I hate to board the Stern hate train but my trex head still isn't catching the ball when it should. Even Chaz at Stern had no idea how to fix it and said he had to speak to an engineer, still haven't heard back from anyone. Overall pinball is such a fun experience but these headaches really are frustrating and sometimes make me regret buying a NIB LE with issues immediately upon setup.

Expressing your frustration isn’t “boarding the hate train”, dude. It’s frustrating, buying these expensive pins and something doesn’t work as intended. Patience though. You’ll get it straightened out!

1 week later
#1055 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

The more pictures I see of those LEs that green metallic powder trim looks fantastic. Pretty psyched to get mine even with all this Plainfield crap going on.

Hawkmoons playfield seems to be an anomaly, fortunately. I think there’s one other LE owner who noticed light scratching on his playfield. Otherwise, no LE owners complaining, that I’ve seen.
I also have not seen anyone with issues since the LE playfields were rolled-out. I expect that indicates that Stern changed something and resolved the pooling/chipping.
Fingers are crossed!

#1086 4 years ago

I ran my finger over the clear coat yesterday at a friends place and agree. Also noticed however that after a number of games, I didn’t see the same ball dents in the playfield as I did with my BM66.

#1175 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

Mine "throws" it. It is more of a random drop than a violent throw. And it bounces off some stuff before landing anywhere, so it doesn't really just crater into the PF. I think it was well thought out and I like the way it adds to the gameplay.

In the Stern Insider podcast between Nate Shivers and Keith Elwin, Elwin said that originally they had the T-Rex lobbing the ball around, but it was even hitting the side of the cabinet some times so they limited it to dropping into the pop bumper area and not too far out, limiting any potential damage to the playfield components etc.

#1228 4 years ago
Quoted from Troutfarm:

Found something that was missing on the feature matrix for the LE today.
The LEs have e-clips on the flipper buttons and the pros do not. I find it insane they they would do this for the LE and not the pros.

Maybe they began using them with the LEs and will continue with the other models, moving forward?

#1232 4 years ago
Quoted from tacreno:

I agree with this. I imagine stern was given choices of what to license and nedry was the cheapest option.
I try to remember that what makes a pinball game great is the actual pinball gameplay and this game is def a 10 in that area.

Stern Insider podcast with Nate Shivers and Keith Elwin...
Keith says that the cost of using the voices would have reduced the $ available for the playfield materials.
I dunno about you, but Walking Dead is one of my favourite pins ever made. I don’t need Rick callouts to be pumped when starting Horde mode.
I’m also not a fan of video clips from the movie being used in any pin. I find that leaving a little to peoples imagination is much more immersive.
My two cents.

#1275 4 years ago
Quoted from catchlight:

I am having trouble downloading the .90 LE file. I have tried chrome and ie browsers and I cannot get the download to finish. One the i.e. browser, I get a finished download, but when I unzip them to put on the usb drive, I get one file that is 1,953,125 kb's and another file that is still zipped. When I try to unzip the smaller file (about 481,860 kb's) it says that file is either an unkown format or is damaged. For those of you who have updated their LE's, I should have two .spk files for the usb drive when I unzip the original file right?

Instructions state that you are to download the file, then unzip it.
You’ll then have folder with two files in it.
Open the folder. Copy the files as is over to a USB.
Hope this helps.

#1281 4 years ago

106 all setup and ready for the long weekend!

#1330 4 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

This may sound silly, but can I turn off T-Rex and let it play like a pro? Save wear and tear on T-Rex mech. You know over time we all are going to have to fix that head.
Update: You can can go to Game Features and turn off T-rex vertical and it makes game work like a "pro." So, at least you can turn off to save mech usage or if you have a problem with T-Rex, you can temporarily turn off until you fix it.

I find that tough to understand. Play it, play it, play it til it falls offs onto the playfield. Then get it fixed and do it again.
The moving head on the Premium/LE is one of the main differences between the versions. Not sure why anyone would turn it off to save it for later use.

#1335 4 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Hi guys.
Is Stern shipping premiums yet?
Do any of you have one yet?
Thanks

I believe someone posted that Stern will be building them this week.

#1349 4 years ago

It’s Canadian Thanksgiving this weekend.
I’m thankful to have a wife who enjoys playing pinball with me.
Not so thankful that she’s current GC after picking up the game on Friday.
My previous GC was way lower, at 503m.
Work to do!

8F99A249-5C10-4505-ADDD-7C1F5E75AECF (resized).jpeg8F99A249-5C10-4505-ADDD-7C1F5E75AECF (resized).jpeg
#1378 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

I don’t know I have three new pins with red flipper rubbers, including JJ POTC. Every one gets dirty almost immediately. You can clean it with Naptha and that won’t do any damage.

If you don’t have naphtha, a little warm water and dish soap will also do the trick.
I recommend removing the flipper rubbers from the pin, first.
: )

#1396 4 years ago

If anyone is having any trouble with either plunger (manual or autolauncher) not completing the horseshoe ramp, there's a simple fix.
You need to raise the left fork of the ramp slightly, forcing the ball to the right side of the lane.
We did this today at my buddy's place and had 100% accuracy thereafter, and I've just done the same for mine.
(Mine was near perfect but occasionally, the ball would dribble back down the ramp and hit the top of the right sling.)
We just undid both screws, lifted the fork slightly, then placed a small nut under the left side. The screw on the left side fed through the nut and back into the playfield. When you're standing above, looking straight down, it's barely noticeable so I took a photo much closer to playfield level. (It really looks exaggerated in the photo.)

image0 (resized).jpegimage0 (resized).jpeg
#1404 4 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

Anyone else notice? JP LE ranked #1 in pinside top 100. At least for now.

Not for long. Haters gonna hate, now that it’s getting some recognition.
Look at the most recent ratings. Lowest ones have occurred since JPLE was rated in the top spot.
“And that’s why we can’t have nice things!”

#1412 4 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Totally agree. After seeing the JP release, I immediately put my name down for an LE, my first Stern NIB. And after playing the pro, I'm utterly convinced it's possibly the most complete pin ever made. I've only heard universal praise for it's layout, music, toys and beta code. Art will always be subjective and licensing will restrict creativity, but Stern have hot a massive home run here.
People have the right to say what they feel, but for JPLE, when review ratings are lower than 8, I question the authors credibility.

if your experience is anything like mine has been, I recommend buying a second Start button, cause you’re going to wear the first one out pretty quickly.

#1473 4 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

We are about to make the dive into Jurassic Park... is the Premium worth the extra bucks?

I played a Pro and really enjoyed it. After playing a friends LE, that was the one I had to get.
Moving Trex head is awesome but I also find the Raptor cage to be a huge step up from the Pro.
Now, understand that it’s always tough to justify the $ to upgrade these things when it’s just a big toy, but since we’re already talking about an expensive box of lights, I say “Hell yes!”.

#1486 4 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

But is LE worth extra $ over premium? That's the question.

Armour, upgraded speakers, shaker motor, and invisiglass are all worth a good chunk of dough if you ask me.
The pin blades and mirrored back glass are “nice” but don’t add as much value as the other things in my opinion.
I don’t think you can justify it dollar for dollar but with all the extras, it’s worth it if you enjoy the pin and the theme?

#1622 4 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

For anyone who's had similar raptor getting stuck issues that I have... This is going to be quite the rant, but meant to be more-so educational, I promise. I finally got a replacement raptor from Stern today. From the looks of it it seemed like a quick swap, just unscrew the plastic top guard behind, unscrew the feet, done. NOPE.

PSA: The hardware that holds the feet is nothing but a screw up from the underside and a nut on the top of the pit top plastic, nothing holding it together other than that. To my utter dismay, as soon as i unscrewed one of the feet, down went the screw. Same thing happened on the second foot. There is no mechanism/washer/plug that will hold those screws in place,

they will drop out if you try this and be near impossible to re-fasten.
I ended up having to remove almost every rod and screw from the entire cage assembly, including the tower ramp, just to get enough room to get some kind of tool under the cage top. And even after doing so I still could not get to the underside to get a sideways screwdriver in. If i wanted to take it completely off I would have had to un-mount every drop target within and pray that no solder joints came loose. I wasn't about to do that... So i had to try my best to wedge needle nose pliers to hold onto each underside screw and re-fasten the nuts from the top. Took me almost 3 hours with countless dropping of screws, etc.
The real kicker is that in the end, absolutely NO difference. The new raptor had the exact same issue as the original (counterbalance sticking above the plastic guard and stuck at the leg joints due to the poor mold). So at that point I stole a washer/magnet from the old raptor's counterbalance and added it to the new. That was actually what resolved the issue. I really wish I had just done that first. Lesson learned.
They need to put enough washers to a) weigh the body back down and b) avoid the counterbalance from getting stuck above the plastic guard. Man, this was terrible. Sorry I didn't take any pics, hopefully my description makes sense and no one else runs into this when trying to replace their raptor.
Anyway, educational newbie pin owner rant over. I'm stoked to see that damn raptor stand back up now. LOL

My raptor was leaning forward, face planting into the plastic. I propped him back up, then tightened the screw on the raptors right side (the outer side of the pin) that goes through his hip.
Works like a charm.
Sorry about your issue. Been there, done that. Glad you got it resolved in the end.

#1870 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

This game is really fun I love it . Great addition to any collection , lots of things to do and see , excellent sound effects. Keep coming back to play . Don’t see this one leaving my home anytime soon .

Glad to hear you say that! When I saw your for sale post, I nearly messaged you saying “don’t do it!”.

#2181 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Well I tried to replace that dumb truck and unfortunately it seems to be too heavy so the ball shot doesn't spin as well compared to the much lighter truck.
Looks real nice though
Back to the original[quoted image][quoted image]

Seems like you’re already done the tough stuff, couldn’t you just add some weight to that one so it reacts the same way as the original?
Put them both on a scale, then add little weights, like I have for my computer mouse, or something?

#2374 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I wonder if tweaking the shooter rod to either side would help the ball travel, if there's the slightest bit of english on it, it seems it can go careening off the left of the jump before it hits the 180..
I did boost my auto plunge power to 210, that seems to make a big difference

I posted a fix for this previously. Easy peasy.

1 week later
#2782 4 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

This is happening to me. I looked to maybe adjust the kicker strength but I didn't see it in the menu.

Loosen the screws that secure the clear plastic and then adjust the positioning until it works properly.
Easy fix.
Though I also played with the raptors hip joint. I tightened mine a little so he wouldn’t lean so far forward, and he just jumps/rocks as intended without getting caught.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aldie, VA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinhead mods

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chambahz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club?tu=chambahz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.