(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,221 posts
  • 803 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 29 hours ago by scootss
  • Topic is favorited by 439 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1098 (resized).png
B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_030524583 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #885 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex alignment bulletin from Stern. Posted by pickleric (4 years ago)

Post #1396 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter fix Posted by Chambahz (4 years ago)

Post #1619 read before dismantling the raptor Posted by timlah79 (4 years ago)

Post #1830 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex adjustment info according to Keith Elwin Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #2358 TREX Adjustment info Posted by imagamejunky (4 years ago)

Post #2625 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Raptor pit detailed adjustment instructions. Posted by yancy (4 years ago)

Post #2994 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex head removal tips and Jaw screw fix. Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #3326 Amber Bonus rules and details Posted by fooflighter (4 years ago)

Post #3417 TECH: SWITCHES. Opto sensor not registering on orbit fix Posted by caker137 (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bent98.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6365 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Don't forget the guardrails. You don't want Dino's taking out your shiny new Helo
I also added an additional washer to the counterweight. Spins so nice!
[quoted image]

What did you use to make the barrier?

1 month later
#6434 3 years ago

I hoping someone might be able to answer a few of my questions. I just got my Prem and was having issues with the Trex picking up the ball. I realized that the vertical adjustment was off. The trex mouth was like 1/4" from ramp. I loosen the 4 lock buts in the back of the T-rex mount and lowered the motor mech and then tightened. I then was able to see his mouth make contact with the ramp. I also made a small adjustment to the horizontal middle position in the service mode so he was centered but more importantly as centered as can be when he lowered his head and opened his mouth.

After making these adjustments, the ball finally goes in his mouth and works .... sometimes.

A couple of issues:

1) The ball doesn't allows get sucked into his mouth. Ball goes up to his mouth and then bounces out. - How can I adjust to prevent this from happening?
2) When he gets the ball in his mouth, i noticed sometimes he doesn't throw it into the wireform. - Is that supposed to happen or did the ball fall out?
3) When he gets the ball in his mouth ball falls out the the left and gets stuck behind the machine next to the tower.

I am using Ball baron ninja balls. Now I know these balls are not approved for magnetic machines but usually the issue with those balls are that they stick together with other balls. I had issues with Metallica where the balls in the coffin would stick together and not eject. Since the T-rex only has one ball I dont think its an issue but I'd like to hear from others what balls they're using.

#6436 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

1) Only clean shots will make it. Shots that barely make it up in the mouth or that rattle on the way in the ramp will not make it.
2) Yes it's normal that in certain modes the TREX throws the ball instead of dropping it on the wireform. You can turn off the "random throwing" in the settings but I can't remember which one. For me it adds to the game to have the TREX throw the ball.
3) I suspect your game has the mezelmod tower mod? If your game is original there should be no ball trap. If the Mezelmod tower is installed then yes that creates a ball trap. You can either: - turn off random throwing, - remove the mod and go back to original, - mod the mod (cut) so that the ball trap is eliminated. On mine it happens very seldomly that the ball falls exactly in the spot that traps it so I just live with it. Also my tilt is adjusted appropriately so that I can give a sharp bump to dislodge the ball and only get 1-2 warnings from it and not tilt.

1) to the naked eye, they seem to be clean shots. they dont barley make it.

2) ok thanks for clarifying

3) My machine is modded to the max. See my pic. Sometimes it gets stuck by the goat, the palm tree or the tower. Maybe I am better off disabling the random throw??

Any issue with my ball baron ninja balls?

IMG_4152 (resized).jpgIMG_4152 (resized).jpg
#6440 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Not until they become magnetised ...
I've heard of several people getting magnetised balls in a JP Prem/LE, so even though the balls don't come into contact with the magnet (in T-Rex's mouth) that often they can still become magnetised. The issue is that not only can multiple balls clump together for example in the trough but a single magnetised ball can cause challenges with gameplay - in one particular case having gone through all the apparent issues as to why plunging balls were inconsistently making it up the U ramp when being plunged the pinball tech tested each specific ball and it was found that 2 of the balls were the ones that would fail. Now whether these balls were slightly out of spec or had become partially magnetised however they weren't the original carbon steel balls, so chances are the balls had become magnetised which is what the tech suspected.
Now that said there are plenty of people using the polished chrome balls without any issues, but you may need to replace them more often to avoid any issues

Ok, Thanks for your input.

#6441 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

1) Only clean shots will make it. Shots that barely make it up in the mouth or that rattle on the way in the ramp will not make it. This does not apply to the first TREX mode (Multiball) where the ramp entrance is the trigger and not the mouth.
2) Yes it's normal that in certain modes the TREX throws the ball instead of dropping it on the wireform. You can turn off the "random throwing" in the settings but I can't remember which one. For me it adds to the game to have the TREX throw the ball.
3) I suspect your game has the mezelmod tower mod? If your game is original there should be no ball trap. If the Mezelmod tower is installed then yes that creates a ball trap. You can either: - turn off random throwing, - remove the mod and go back to original, - mod the mod (cut) so that the ball trap is eliminated. On mine it happens very seldomly that the ball falls exactly in the spot that traps it so I just live with it. Also my tilt is adjusted appropriately so that I can give a sharp bump to dislodge the ball and only get 1-2 warnings from it and not tilt.

One more question regarding the random throwing. Does the T-rex throw to the left and right sides? If yes, can I disable a particular side that the trex throws?

#6445 3 years ago

I have an extra set of decals. $12 shipped . I also have a set of brand new pyle 4 ohm 5.25 speakers that fit any SPIKE game. $25 shipped

IMG_4154 (resized).jpgIMG_4154 (resized).jpgIMG_4155 (resized).jpgIMG_4155 (resized).jpg
#6448 3 years ago

My Baby is done. Well maybe 1 or 2 more mods.

jp1 (resized).jpgjp1 (resized).jpgjp3 (resized).jpgjp3 (resized).jpgjp4 (resized).jpgjp4 (resized).jpgjp5 (resized).jpgjp5 (resized).jpg
#6453 3 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Very Nice, I was checking out all your mods. I cant think what else you need.
I assume you have the shaker, Good Sound system . Pinstadiums really is cool when hooked to the shaker for that good glow.
I lit the back with a green led for the tress as it was kinda dark.

Yes ,I still need to do backboard light, I have Pinstadium’s hooked up the way you said, I am also waiting on the jeep head/tail light mod, and will be replacing start and tournament button leds.

#6454 3 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

Yes ,I still need to do backboard light, I have Pinstadium’s hooked up the way you said, I am also waiting on the jeep head/tail light mod, and will be replacing start and tournament button leds.

And forgot to mentioned Im also waiting for Cliffy’s carbon fiber ramps to come in the mail.

1 week later
#6487 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Anyone know where to get the Helicopter Opto Board part # 520-8442-00? I believe I accidentally scraped it when adjusting my helicopter assembly. The LED doesn't do anything now. I've checked all connections and even in tests there's no indication of an issue except that the switch doesn't register anything in switch test when rotating the blades/pin. I can't find the part online anywhere and am still waiting for Stern's parts department to return my emails. My guess is that I'll have to wait for them, but maybe someone knows a seller or has an extra? Thanks!

I would send a ticket to Stern support and see if you can get it free under warranty. They are pretty responsive.

1 week later
#6515 3 years ago

If anyone is interested, I am selling brand new Raptor (for people who have Pro and want to replace the one in the pen)

$20 for Raptor. PM me if interested.

dino (resized).jpgdino (resized).jpg

2 months later
#6717 3 years ago

He’s got some great mods!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 14.95
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bent98.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club?tu=bent98 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.