(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,218 posts
  • 803 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by scootss
  • Topic is favorited by 439 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1098 (resized).png
B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_030524583 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #885 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex alignment bulletin from Stern. Posted by pickleric (4 years ago)

Post #1396 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter fix Posted by Chambahz (4 years ago)

Post #1619 read before dismantling the raptor Posted by timlah79 (4 years ago)

Post #1830 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex adjustment info according to Keith Elwin Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #2358 TREX Adjustment info Posted by imagamejunky (4 years ago)

Post #2625 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Raptor pit detailed adjustment instructions. Posted by yancy (4 years ago)

Post #2994 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex head removal tips and Jaw screw fix. Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #3326 Amber Bonus rules and details Posted by fooflighter (4 years ago)

Post #3417 TECH: SWITCHES. Opto sensor not registering on orbit fix Posted by caker137 (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider averhoeven.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6608 3 years ago
Quoted from wolfievtec:

Hi Deyanks98! It's worth the wait! I absolutely love this pin. I have added so many mods - it's addicting! I love the Mezel Mods the best.I also added a Jeep and Helicopter. If you ever have any questions fell free to PM me!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Is the jeep just the 1/64 die-cast jeep? That's one of the first things I want to change once it gets here, but didn't want to make the Newton too heavy or anything

#6610 3 years ago

Awesome, thanks. These 2 threads are long and getting through them has been slow!

#6616 3 years ago
Quoted from toddw:

Would you share a photo? Thank you

Was reading through this thread as I await my JP arrival and was surprised to see a fellow Morgantown member! Hi neighbor

#6619 3 years ago
Quoted from Good-Times:

Ford Explorer mod done! It's about the only unused area of the playfield, and doesn't block your view doing play.
[quoted image][quoted image]

What did you do to the roof on the one? Did it just melt with a torch?

#6622 3 years ago

Didn't know that. I already bought 2 normal ones because I liked the look you did there. There's only 1 crushed one on Amazon and eBay combined and is more expensive so I'll just stick with the early tour!

Thanks

#6643 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Call your distributor.. I was told mid Feb in Oct when I ordered....was called a couple of weeks ago...mid to late March

I was just told mid-March for mine as well.

3 weeks later
#6697 3 years ago

Does anyone know how wide their box was when it was delivered. I'm beginning to anticipate my premium arriving and I'm hoping it will fit through the wall out basement door in the box. I've got about 34.5" to work with so I think it will be close.

#6703 3 years ago
Quoted from RockfordReplay:

My boxes over prior years from Stern have been well under 33". It could be a push at 32", but 34" should not be any issue unless they changed the boxes from 2020. I must say that moving pins in a box is a dream compared to moving them wrapped in plastic.

Yeah, I figured it would be easier in the box. Especially since I'm wheeling it down a grass hill in my yard for about 100 yards...... part of me contemplates sliding the box instead of using my dolly.
Thanks for the dimensions.

Quoted from Deyanks98:

I grabbed this from another post a few years back but this should still be the same and you’ll be fine width wise. Enjoy your new pin the Premium is fantastic and one of my favorite pins of all time.
Boxed dimensions:
H:56"; W:31"; D:31"; Weight: 285lbs

Thanks, that helps.

Added over 3 years ago:

Just heard from my distributor. Production begins 3/22 (I had only heard mid March before, so this is at least more specific). Thought I'd share for others waiting. I have no idea what kind of lead time they have to build a machine, ship, etc though.

1 week later
#6746 3 years ago

Just got this unfortunate letter from my distributor that he said he copied from a Stern letter:

As you have probably heard if you tune into global news, manufacturing all over the world is experiencing supply chain issues, and our company is no different. The ports along the West Coast are heavily backed up, congested, and causing delays. You can read about it here: https://www.wsj.com/articles/shipping-companies-look-at-sailing-away-from-choked-southern-california-gateways-11612802085

Based on our original schedule, we were hoping to have finished up Guardians Pro, Star Wars Pro and Star Wars Premium by last week, with Jurassic Park Premium beginning this week.

However, at this time we hope to begin GOTG PRO in the coming days, followed by Star Wars Pro and Premium. Jurassic Park Premium is TBD as we await missing parts (hopefully late next week). Star Wars Pin (Movie Art) should be on track for early next week, with Star Wars Comic Pin sliding to the 1st or 2nd week in April.

Thank you for your patience and we’ll reach out when games are ready.

2 weeks later
#6765 3 years ago

What notification did you guys get when it shipped?

#6777 3 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

I purchased JP through Jason at CGR. When he has the machine IN HAND from Stern, he requests balance due, and then once that is paid, I get an email with tracking number when he ships. Usually takes 24 hours for the tracking number to become live at the freight company website.

Oh, I thought they were drop shipped from Stern

#6794 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Mine is also still showing end of April... no biggie... been this long...couple more weeks...

How do you see when the ETA is on your machine?

#6799 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Emailed distributor..

Mine can never give me anything specific other than they are building then now.

#6806 3 years ago
Quoted from kcirrick:

I ordered my Premium December 29 with an estimated delivery in March later narrowed down to the fourth week of March which came and went with no delivery. I was told Stern was waiting on parts, but a few will soon ship. I took delivery April 13.

That's frustrating to me. I ordered in Oct and the best they can tell me is that JP is on the line being made....

#6809 3 years ago
Quoted from kcirrick:

There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to who gets one when. Odd that you ordered two months before me yet I got mine first. Maybe I got your machine? I can't imagine that who you ordered from would make a difference. I ordered from Cointaker. (I hope you didn't or I see you being more than frustrated.)

I definitely ordered from a smaller vendor than Cointaker. I'm beginning to get suspicious that my order may not have been submitted to Stern when I placed (AND PAID) for it. It took 4 weeks of "reminders" once per week to get the shaker and shooter I also bought at the same time shipped to me when I still thought early April was a possible arrival date (I ordered the shooter and shaker, which he had in stock when I ordered, at the same time as the machine and just received them 2 weeks ago).

#6811 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I put a small piece of green gel plastic over the led o. That flasher. Looks nice now, that clear used to blind me.
Also, please take the toys off that topper!

I dunno, I like the toys. Having a brachiosaur humping an ankylosaur or a triceratops (either side) really brings home the "nature always finds a way" theme of JP

#6819 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Just to offer another option, here is my answer . . . warning self-promoting link below
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/106545
[quoted image]

This was my answer. Now I just need the machine to put it on....

#6827 3 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

Another (self made) mod for the control room light. The led is inside the egg and makes the egg flash so you can see the body of the dino baby inside. Love it.
[quoted image]

That would be awesome if it were completely contained too. So when it flashed it was like putting a flashlight on an egg and seeing an embryo. Would use red/orange light for it to look like it's inside a real egg. That would be an amazing mod

#6841 3 years ago
Quoted from RabanzZ28:

So it seems like the first round or Premiums got delivered to new buyers! Congrats. Is there any info regarding a second batch being released soon as previously mentioned in earlier posts? I’m in line with my distributor and was hoping there is a second wave. I don’t mind waiting but I mind if it’s going to be months as opposed to weeks. (Been waiting since beginning of January). Any info would help. I tried my distributor but no luck on any info.

I've been waiting for months now and am being told its on the construction line so should be soon.... I hope so. My patience is stretching thin

#6845 3 years ago

Just got word mine is shipping today (from Stern direct to me since there seemed to be some disagreement on that process earlier)! I'm excited.

Anyone got a rough idea of how long it usually takes to show up?!

EDIT: Just got a call from FedEx freight. Set up for Thursday. They had to wait for a smaller truck with a liftgate to get into my neighborhood.

#6861 2 years ago

I got mine today and hooked up my shaker and amber rod. When I turned it back on I got a loud pop and some smoke from the front board. There was also a "liquid" that sprayed. I'm pretty sure it was the add on capacitor that comes with the shaker that blew. I removed that and everything seems to be working fine. Any thoughts?

#6863 2 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Are you sure you plugged the shaker into the board correctly?

There was an extra capacitor that seems to attach to what I think is the node power that came with the shaker. That's what I'm pretty sure blew. The game, shooter lights and shaker all work fine after removing that short capacitor link (and the smell is finally gone...). So I'm pretty sure that was it. It could really only go in one way and I'm pretty sure I plugged it into the right slot (bottom right of the node board). Not sure what happened with it though.

#6866 2 years ago

I sometimes get this really loud popping sound. It's almost always during the egg turning scene when you lose, however it happened in the middle of a game this evening. It doesn't happen every game, maybe every 3rd or so? It almost sounds like if you took a ball and threw it at the cabinet, but also has a bit of a ring to it. It's an odd sound and I can't place it

There is a Service Bulletin about Shaker Kit installations. In this case, it sounds like your cable was somehow plugged in backwards, or the cable was assembled backwards causing the capacitor to blow.
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/Stern-ShakerMotorAdvisory.pdf

Maybe it was installed backwards.

#6871 2 years ago
Quoted from TimMachine:

The noise you’re hearing is the knocker. When you get a match or get a free game while your playing.

Thanks. That thing is LOUD.

Quoted from Jfmav:

My shaker motor was missing the z-cap portion to hook up the capacitor. So when I plugged it in I was left with 2 female connectors. I contacted stern and they said the newer machines like JP don’t need the optional capacitor because it is already built into the spike 2 board. I have been running it without the optional capacitor and it works fine.

Good to know. I contacted Stern about it and their first question was what game I had it hooked up to, so that may be where they're going. I will say, their documentation in accessories is severely lacking. My amber shooter rod had nothing about changing the plate, wiring, etc

#6880 2 years ago

So these 2 pieces just slid down the playfield from somewhere Jeep or higher. Any ideas where to go looking? And I assume since it's a space and a washer that there's probably a screw somewhere that's missing that I didn't see?
20210424_235322 (resized).jpg20210424_235322 (resized).jpg

Edit: found where it is from. Now I definitely know there's a missing screw...

20210425_000530 (resized).jpg20210425_000530 (resized).jpg

Edit 2: and found the screw. It had somehow found its way into the coin box.

#6881 2 years ago

Finally finished putting in all my mods and I love it. I know some people don't like the trees etc, but I think it adds some flair. Most are bought or I've stolen the ideas of. The crushed Explorer is actually a custom job. I went searching for the pre-made one on ebay, but couldn't find one in the US. One seller had this custom built one that he found and sold me though. I threw in my own little Lost World reference with the Matchbox RV up by the pteranodon ramp. I also added a shaker and amber shooter rod that aren't pictured. So other than the Cliffy protectors and blade graphics that I'm still waiting for, I think I'm done.
20210425_225000 (resized).jpg20210425_225000 (resized).jpg20210425_225045 (resized).jpg20210425_225045 (resized).jpg20210425_225058 (resized).jpg20210425_225058 (resized).jpg20210425_225103 (resized).jpg20210425_225103 (resized).jpg20210425_225116 (resized).jpg20210425_225116 (resized).jpg20210425_225126 (resized).jpg20210425_225126 (resized).jpg20210425_225132 (resized).jpg20210425_225132 (resized).jpg20210425_225145 (resized).jpg20210425_225145 (resized).jpg20210425_225154 (resized).jpg20210425_225154 (resized).jpg20210425_225203 (resized).jpg20210425_225203 (resized).jpg20210425_225219 (resized).jpg20210425_225219 (resized).jpg

20210422_225807 (resized).jpg20210422_225807 (resized).jpg20210422_225836 (resized).jpg20210422_225836 (resized).jpg
#6884 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I like the trees. Where did you get them? I have a prem on order, was told today next week. Cant wait!!

These should be them
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07S23Q1WX/ref=cm_sw_r_u_apa_glt_fabc_T8XTJ27ZYVMZBBQHRT5E

#6888 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Anyone willing to make/sell a helicopter to me?

I'll be honest, it's not that hard. I'm not super handy either. I started by ripping off the rotor and wheels with a pair of pliers. Then I used a small drill bit as a guide down the original rotor shaft. I then upsized to a slightly larger one. Afterwards, I used my 1/2" stepper bit to enlarge it. 1/2" is enough for the hole in the bottom. I then used the same stepper to essentially shave along the edges and file it down until it was big enough to accommodate the washers for the rotors. I also drilled out essentially the entire plastic undercarriage except the edges to allow it to sit flat with the screws on the platform. Took me maybe an hour and a half. The underside is a shitshow, but you can't see it so it doesn't matter.

#6891 2 years ago
Quoted from dapperdan24:

Looks great! Can you tell me more about the Jeep replacement? Where did you get it, how did you install in place of the stock one?

As Mark said, it's pretty easy. If you go to Mr. Tantrum Pinball Mods (Google it) he will have a link on his page back to his post in this thread about how he did it with pictures etc. I just found that to be an easier way to find it. Took maybe 30 mins? Just need a Phillips screwdriver, right size nut ratchet to get it off and a small drill bit.

#6896 2 years ago

I suspect the node board in your machine has the capacitor built in (since it's a newer machine) and you'll be fine WITHOUT the capacitor kit entirely. (In fact, you do NOT want to install the capacitor kit cable if you have the newer node board). That said, the symptom of needing the capacitor kit is to observe mysterious SLAM/TILT triggers for no apparent reason when the shaker is running. If your machine has that symptom, then you'd need to get a new capacitor kit from Stern and install it. But I received an email from Stern Support yesterday, stating that all newer machines already have the capacitor built INTO the cabinet node board, so the cable was only needed for older machines.

I received the same comment from them. I would still argue that their documentation is a little lacking then...

1 week later
#6913 2 years ago

Couple tech support questions.

A) My control room rod sinks into the playfield enough that sometimes balls get stuck on top of it. When the game goes to "find the balls" and pops that rod it launches the ball into the glass. Yikes! It's it likely something is loose?
B) Since installing my Cliff protectors, the raptor cage door doesn't seem to go as low and the ball in there will get caught inside unable to cross over it. It also keeps knocking the protector loose.
C) My tower shot is SUPER inconsistent and seems to launch balls in the air all the time. My helicopter is similar, but my tower is a beast. I know people talk about that she, but that doesn't feel like what's causing it

Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

8,599 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinhead mods

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider averhoeven.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club?tu=averhoeven and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.