(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,218 posts
  • 803 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by scootss
  • Topic is favorited by 439 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1098 (resized).png
B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_030524583 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #885 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex alignment bulletin from Stern. Posted by pickleric (4 years ago)

Post #1396 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter fix Posted by Chambahz (4 years ago)

Post #1619 read before dismantling the raptor Posted by timlah79 (4 years ago)

Post #1830 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex adjustment info according to Keith Elwin Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #2358 TREX Adjustment info Posted by imagamejunky (4 years ago)

Post #2625 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Raptor pit detailed adjustment instructions. Posted by yancy (4 years ago)

Post #2994 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex head removal tips and Jaw screw fix. Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #3326 Amber Bonus rules and details Posted by fooflighter (4 years ago)

Post #3417 TECH: SWITCHES. Opto sensor not registering on orbit fix Posted by caker137 (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider adamross.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#67 4 years ago

In for LE. Question is do I sell my precious DEJP??

#176 4 years ago

In for an LE! Now, do I sell my pimped out DEJP??

#223 4 years ago

Do the LEs come with this shooter rod?

3 weeks later
#310 4 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

I really hope you guys get a quality product shipped to you...My opinion (i may very well be wring) there is no way these issues will be fixed before the LE ships. If the wood was soft (cheap) and they “softened” the clear to allow it to flex (dimples) without chipping- what do we expect them to do in three weeks? Aquire and screen all new playfields? If they just make the clear harder it may chip if the base (wood) is soft.

My distributor says the issues will be resolved by the time LEs are due to ship. Fingers crossed!

#340 4 years ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

Since you asked, I think $42 for a $6 matchbox toy is a rip off...
ebay.com link » Mission Chopper Mbx Mission Force Jurassic Park 4 Pack Exclusive Dfw20 Loose

That's quite a markup.

2 weeks later
#1019 4 years ago

Excited to finally be in the club! Everything seems to be working fine out of the box.

Can anyone suggest a good tutorial that explains the rules?

IMG_0112 (resized).jpegIMG_0112 (resized).jpeg
#1025 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Nice...though you now have TWO Jurassic machines. Probably should do something about that

Get a third?

#1028 4 years ago

Haha it would be. I thought no other toy could beat the DE T-Rex until I saw Stern's t-rex in action. Amazing how interactive it is.

#1216 4 years ago

327 reporting for duty.

IMG_0194 (resized).jpegIMG_0194 (resized).jpeg
#1267 4 years ago

Has anyone actually replaced the jeep yet?!

#1312 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

From Johnny Crap's Instagram page. Premiums on the line ?
[quoted image]

What's that game next to JP? Doesn't look familiar.

#1488 4 years ago

I justified and LE because JP is my dream theme, and this game is so incredibly good that I had to have the best version of it.

#1524 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I like it but those stripes on the ramp and shooter would kill me from those pinstadiums.
I think pins are necessary but omegas is the way I went.

The omegas are just diffused version of the pin stadium lights? Any other difference? Seems like these would be better option for any game over the traditional lights.

#1553 4 years ago

Having a weird thing with the raptor lock. The ball will hit the target and trigger the lock after the ball has left the pit. Anyone else?

#1681 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

For the crew still waiting to get theirs, take a minute to understand the rules. There is a visual summary strategy sheet from Lyman somewhere.
It's becoming one of my favorite pins of all time.
And we are way past the honeymoon phase.
Elwin really gets it and he must be really involved in the code as well. Superb!!!

Would love a link to that visual summary if anyone has it handy.

3 weeks later
#2811 4 years ago

They looks great on my DE JP, not a fan for them on Sterns.

2 weeks later
#3492 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Updated .96 code with more call outs. Mostly ball save but a few others. Freeze! is in there and they should all be destroyed for ball save. little more nerdy b/c not enough as is. Life finds a way for extra ball (random).
I put my sound at -2. Prem and LE only. Put spk file to root of usb and install just like normal stern FW.
https://mega.nz/#!wocEzSBZ!mcNwd_1yhYCFbV9pYgAul8akKQgqs0ZUcpqJvkrtk

Possible for you to upload to google drive like you've done in the past?

#3510 4 years ago

I just received Mezel Mod's raptor tower mod but cannot seem to find an installation guide. Does one exist, or is it pretty self explanatory?

#3532 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

so I've had many people request videos of my custom audio so I decided to take these two. They show off many, not all of the lines and should give a good idea of what's included. I didn't want to replace everything as some of the lines aren't bad and blend well with gameplay but I needed the classics and they're in there.
Shoot her, They must all be destroyed, Freeze!, Hold on to your butts, welcome to JP, and many others (including more nerdy ones) are in. btw - life finds a way is in too (extra ball) but not on video. Both videos show off the different audio for some of the same shots (raptor cage, ball save, etc). 4K!!

Code link
https://mega.nz/#!wocEzSBZ!mcNwd_1yhYCFbV9pYgAul8akKQgqs0ZUcpqJvkrtk

Anyone else having trouble downloading the file using this website, or am I a special snowflake?

2 weeks later
#3764 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

So I had the whole family over for a Christmas party today. They were loving my game room. JP was the top favorite of the day. My cousin’s best friend couldn’t stop playing Munsters. Everyone also loved Elvira. My Uncle looks like he’s straight out of The Sopranos but he’s actually a teddy bear. True fun.
[quoted image][quoted image]

You have two Munsters?

1 month later
#4542 4 years ago

My t-rex has started behaving oddly, it makes a loud buzzing sound when moving horizontally. And when I qualify for t-rex multi ball the head plants itself in the lower right rather than the usual position with the open mouth. Any advice greatly appreciated!

#4558 4 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

I adjusted the alignment both horizontally and vertically. Doing that corrected my issue. Also take a look at the roller switches on the mech and make sure they all have the proper contact. 3 of them I believe.
I think Keith posted about the alignment and it’s marked as a key post. I followed his instructions and played around with the switch test to get everything working. I’d say I’m not a good pinball repair person either so it’s not a difficult fix.

Quoted from snaroff:

Hey Adam,
After updating to the latest release, my T-REX was pretty dysfunctional (actually looked & sounded like your T-REX in the video). Prior to the update, was perfect. Chaz @ Stern suggested I do an SD card update (which takes the USB update process out of the loop). After reinstalling with the SD card, my T-REX returned to good behavior again. Never had a software update mess with a specific feature like this, but I thought I'd share the story just in case your T-REX dysfunction was coincident with installing the latest code. I was shocked and relieved that my T-REX came back to life! Didn't feel like futzing with with the mech...having too much fun playing it

Thanks for the suggestions fellas. snaroff This only started happening after the newest update so I suspect our issues are similar. Can you pls point me towards instructions on how to do this? Also, do I need to downgrade to older code before re-updating via the SD?

#4571 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

All you need is these 2 links...it's really straightforward. No need to downgrade.
https://sternpinball.com/support/sd-cards/
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/How-to-Create-a-SD-Card-for-a-SPIKE-System-Pinball-Machine.pdf
The only downside is losing your settings/scores/etc.
Re-installing with USB might also work, however the SD card approach is faster and more direct. Less variables is goodness when trying to fix something like this.
I'll be really interested to hear if this fixes your problem! Fingers crossed. I was going to tell my little story after it happened, but I figured my problem might be unique.
Good luck!

snaroff I keep getting this error message when doing Balenaetcher attempts to write the image to the SD card. Do I need to delete the SD card before attempting this?
Screen Shot 2020-02-18 at 9.12.02 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-02-18 at 9.12.02 PM (resized).png

EDIT: I downgraded to .97 and the t-rex issues are still there. Which leads me to believe it's not software related...? Strangely, when I qualify t-rex multi-ball the t-rex just continues to move left and right.

4 weeks later
#4812 4 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Hi All,
For those that bought the barbasol can and hate the clicking sound , there is a quiet board option. I just got one of them for my batman/ heli mod and very happy. My 2 machines happen to be a few feet away from my tv/living room so it's quiet bothersome . Soon to be very quiet 50% completed.
Let me know if interested about 20 available for now.
Have a good night.

VERY interested!

#4834 4 years ago

Can anyone with Stern's amber lit shooter knob advise on where the plug attached to??

#4871 4 years ago

timlah79 who did you speak to at Stern? Just received my shooter knob as well with the same shitty looking bug but support told me to live with it.

IMG_2333 (resized).jpegIMG_2333 (resized).jpeg
#4876 4 years ago

I would be shocked if mine was a real bug. It looks like a piece of metal.

3 months later
#5681 3 years ago

Tim did Stern send you a replacement? I have issue with mine, but even worse.

#5702 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Mine makes the noises too.

Same here.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinhead mods

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aldie, VA
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider adamross.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club?tu=adamross and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.