(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_1098 (resized).png
B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #885 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex alignment bulletin from Stern. Posted by pickleric (4 years ago)

Post #1396 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter fix Posted by Chambahz (4 years ago)

Post #1619 read before dismantling the raptor Posted by timlah79 (4 years ago)

Post #1830 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex adjustment info according to Keith Elwin Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #2358 TREX Adjustment info Posted by imagamejunky (4 years ago)

Post #2625 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Raptor pit detailed adjustment instructions. Posted by yancy (4 years ago)

Post #2994 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex head removal tips and Jaw screw fix. Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #3326 Amber Bonus rules and details Posted by fooflighter (4 years ago)

Post #3417 TECH: SWITCHES. Opto sensor not registering on orbit fix Posted by caker137 (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider StoneyCreek.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4754 4 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Designed to be at 7 degrees pitch. Makes a significant difference.

dumb question....what tool is used to measure pitch? I have just ordered a JP, but my TSPP has only a little level that doesn't give acctual pitch reading.

3 weeks later
#4951 4 years ago

You ever get that sinking feeling when you get your first NIB pin, get it all set up, play a couple of games and on the 3rd game the machine suddenly goes dark and quiet? In the middle of a game. dead. no sound, no display no lights.
Then you check the outlet, check the power cable, check the fuse in the back box,
then you see the little red lights on the CPU and on the node boards are lit nicely, but nothing else? so you
re-seat the smart card, check every.single.connector.not.once.but.twice and still nuthin?
I was prepared to play for hours tonight ...but now I wait for a new CPU to be sent to me. I hope that's really the issue.

Good news is that Chris at Cointaker and Pablo at Stern were fantastically responsive and are on it! Cointaker (Melissa) rocks for even getting my JP Pre shipped to me during these trying times. gratitude.

1 week later
#5042 4 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

You ever get that sinking feeling when you get your first NIB pin, get it all set up, play a couple of games and on the 3rd game the machine suddenly goes dark and quiet? In the middle of a game. dead. no sound, no display no lights.
Then you check the outlet, check the power cable, check the fuse in the back box,
then you see the little red lights on the CPU and on the node boards are lit nicely, but nothing else? so you
re-seat the smart card, check every.single.connector.not.once.but.twice and still nuthin?
I was prepared to play for hours tonight ...but now I wait for a new CPU to be sent to me. I hope that's really the issue.
Good news is that Chris at Cointaker and Pablo at Stern were fantastically responsive and are on it! Cointaker (Melissa) rocks for even getting my JP Pre shipped to me during these trying times. gratitude.

OK, I'm pretty happy with Stern right now. Factory lines shut down, but skeleton crew actually got me a replacement CPU shipped out. It arrived today. Took about 5 minutes to intall and the machine fired up and works fantastically now. Shout out again to Pablo for awesome support! I'm psyched. T-Rex gobbles balls and tosses them around. sweet!

#5048 4 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Yo balls are magnetized!

how does that happen? is there a magnet anywhere on the playfield?

#5078 4 years ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

Even though the LE and premium have there own download files they are the same, I installed the premium and when my game boosts it shows version 1.01LE.

This is true. I had to replace my CPU this week, and althought I bought a Premium, the smart card was labeled LE. I confirmed with Stern support that they are the same code base.

#5098 4 years ago

I have to say, that one of my favorite things about JP is the skill shot sequence. It is incredibly difficult to hit the 3rd shot...I've only done it once in lots of attempts, mainly because the ball doesn't always smoothly come around the loop to the upper flipper...when it rattles a bit it makes the tower shot pretty hard to predict. Is this an evolution in skill shot history, the multiple shot sequencing? Also love skipping the paddock intros with the double flipper hold-down. not a new feature at all, but keeps the flow going.

1 week later
#5163 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

thanks for the insight!

The control room shot has me vexed. I hit it 'accidently' backhand from the left flipper sometimes, but the ball feed direction has to be just right.
To hit it from the right flipper, I have to let the ball roll almost completely off the flipper if the ball is rolling slowly...and 3 out of 4 times I'm getting the timing wrong, either late into the slingshot, or early into a post or raptor paddock. If there is a trick to hitting this shot more reliably, somebody tell me what it is! The other shot that is pretty tough is the right loop 'o' shot, especially in multiball...keeping the right flipper down to make the shot. Im about a month into my JP Pre now, and really happy with the game on all fronts. finally hit the 4-way skill shot! what a rush.

#5178 3 years ago
Quoted from vestus:

I've some news to the issue.
I change the complete T-Rex with a working T-Rex.
Here is no problem and I can change the function in #317.
So I contact my dirstbutor to change the Opto-Boards in the head.
I hope to solve my/the problem

ON my JP, the ball return from behind the post in the control room/C is fairly consistent, but does require a bit of a nudge to insure it hits the left flipper tip. rarely does it drain sdtm, but I have taken to giving the machine a bump when the post lowers.

#5212 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I’ve been looking for a JP Premium on the secondary market but there haven’t been many I’ve seen pop up out west here. Thinking I’ll probably just bite the bullet and order a NIB for June/July timeframe (or whenever they can open their line back up).
Can those that have Premiums made late last year or this year speak to the playfield quality? I’ve been interested in JP since it was announced but developed some serious reservations reading about the pooling and chipping issues many owners were reporting early on. Is this a thing of the past or is it still somewhat luck of the draw buying NIB?
Also, this would be my first NIB purchase. I would actually prefer one used not only because I could assess PF condition but also because delivery with legs on would make it easier for me to just slide it into my house without having to bring people over to help lift, put legs on, etc. Can anyone give me an idea of how much the box will weigh and how difficult or easy it would be for two people (me and my wife) to set up? Any insight is very appreciated.

I think I got one of the last ones off the line before the factory closed. It was my first NIB ever, and I was quite nervous after reading about issues folks had.
Mine shipped on March 27th the week the factory closed (I think). The playfield is pristine. I have read all the forum threads regarding playfield issues, washers, etc...and see no evidence of any issues at all.

As for putting the legs on...it can be done by one person. There' s a couple of good videos out there to help you. Of course it's nice to hav a 2nd set of hands. My lady helped me slide a small step-ladder under the machine once we went to attach the front legs.

#5295 3 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Following up on the playfield, as promised.
I got my game today and as far as I'm concerned the playfield is perfect. I can't find any indication of ribbing, sunken/raised inserts, or any other flaws. If I run my hand across it it feels perfectly flat. It does look like a thinner clear coat than what's on my Deadpool and Maiden, I'd say it's similar in thickness to the clear on my TSPP.
The build date for my game is 3/19/2020 (PF build date is 3/2/2020).
Anyways, this game rocks and I'm super glad I picked it up!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great to hear. I've had mine out of the box for about a month now and am completely satisfied. The amount and variety of shot angles is incredible. from each of the 3 flippers there is at least 5 shots not even counting the backhands. the sheer variety of play from one game to the next is a pleasure that renders each game unique. (*f* nedrey) I think the smart missile may be the key to high scoring, other than accurate shooting. Have fun!

1 week later
#5340 3 years ago
Quoted from gblack:

For the new guys... if you’re having a tough time with side drains it’s worth the effort to move the side drain posts to the lower position. The right one is a pain! For some reason they used a screw post and it’s really tight to get to since you have to unscrew from the top. I had to disassemble enough of the helicopter area so that I could get a small deep socket in there. Maybe someone will chime in with a trick there?
I was struggling to break 100M (embarrassing) and first game after I hit 201M which makes the game much more enjoyable!

I have contemplated tightening up the outline. NEDRY has become my evil nemesis. Ruins most every game. Thanks for the permission to go easy on myself and starve Nedry. Now, for that O shot......what’s the secret?

#5342 3 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

A really nice dinner first, then some light music and dancing, gets it done every time.

I didn’t see that one coming......nice.

#5351 3 years ago

After playing for couple month on my hew Pre, I decided to replace the stock balls with high polish balls from Titan. They seem extremely faster. The tree ramp shot, if not directly hit, causes the ball to run right upand off the edge of the ramp onto the playfield, and the release from control room runs sdtm! Anyone else see these issues?

1 month later
#5549 3 years ago
Quoted from gblack:

Looks like that pole was shared with and overtaken by some Metallica fan pages.

Yeah, JP was winning pretty well until someone cross-posted the survey to the Metallica fan page on FB. Talk about gaming the system.

6 months later
#6455 3 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

My Baby is done. Well maybe 1 or 2 more mods. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You coated the chrome wireforms in red? that looks dope.

#6478 3 years ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

Ha oops sorry guys about my Subway comment and ordering one as I thought I was in the AIQ thread! Never mind my madness. This JP Premium is kicking my ass down the left outlane though. Any tips on nudging better as last night my first three games I lost 8 out of my 9 balls down that side?

Move the outlane post?

4 weeks later
#6586 3 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Credit to Manny for the shot, but this is correct upper flipper alignment.[quoted image]

interesting is the "90-" above the flipper, which seems to align 90degrees to the line you drew. it looks like there are a few registration lines on that assembly.

#6589 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

It’s not a 90. It”s plastic number 06. The part number is 830-1038-06. The 830-1038 stays the same(jurassic park plastics). Individual plastics have a different last 2 digits.

ha! fooled again. I guess its just a wierd coincidence.

1 month later
#6722 3 years ago

What the heck are 'inball mods?" LOL!

"Welcome to Mr. Tantrum's inball Mods"

#6723 3 years ago

Does anyone elses stock raptor get his front right arm stuck under the raptor cage? If so, what the heck did you do to fix it?

#6725 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Uhm, I did that on purpose . . . yeah, that's right. Uhm, I just wanted to see how long it took someone to notice, and, well, congratulations, you were the first. My, uhm, plan worked to perfection.

nice plan. anyway, I'm going to peruse your site. never know when I need another mod!

1 month later
#6933 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

You cannot use Mr Sheen with a playfield protector. Mr Sheen is a silicon based furniture polish. Mix it with coil dust and it turns into a fully synthetic grinding paste that is extremely difficult to remove from your machine. This could destroy your playfield. Novus products only and spray them on a rag first so there is no overspray on the game. Most of the nightmare stories about playfield protectors usually go back to polish or wax that had not been put on properly.

Ive been using a small vac first, then lighter fluid (kingsford!) to clean my playfield. works great.
then a bit of Maguiers wax, let it dry, buff, repeat.

2 weeks later
#7078 2 years ago

It's time I put a shaker motor into my JPpre. any suggestions on what manufacture I should buy from? not sure the dif between Stern's and others.

#7080 2 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

PBL has a nice unit back in stock, $79 for the 'equiv' unit, and $99 for the 'factory authorized' unit.
https://www.pinballlife.com/shaker-motor-kit-rev-c-for-stern-spike-spike-2-system-games.html
https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-factory-authorized-shaker-motor-kit-for-stern-spike-spike-2-system-games.html
Read a discussion about these two types here: https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Stern-SB184.pdf
That said, the two units PBL ships today look IDENTICAL to me, so the earlier non-factory units may have been very different...

thanks Mark. incredible how helpful you are on this channel.

5 months later
#8265 2 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

We'd love to see the release notes for 1.04, but no sign of it online for download anywhere... YET. (I suspect 1.04 will include more than just IC, but time will tell!)

I imagine we'll see the same thing that happened with Beatles. they shipped new pins with updated code, and posted the new version to the Stern website about a week later.

1 week later
#8305 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I can't tell if you're serious.

It's serious. Stern has gotten blowback from some of their licensors...Gary alluded to that in an interview not too long ago. I can't remember exactly what he said, but was talking about license negotiations and how they had to 'protect the brands' that they negotiate for....something like that. I imagine Disney, Speilberg, etc.. are not to happy about the audio and video lifted from their movies.

3 weeks later
#8390 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Got my insider connected kit today. I see now how they can track code reversion. Part of the install is installing an additional 32GB micro SD as additional memory for the CPU board. Didn't even realize the board had a microSD slot.
I know I'm in the minority here but personally I found the movie code ok but it certainly didn't "make the game" for me. I'm a pinball player not a noob that needs to link the theme with something familiar. I didn't like most of the movie callouts anyway. While they were funny/good ones from the movie they have nothing to do with the actual game play on the pinball so no big loss.
I didn't mind losing the movie code for IC.

Can you give a bit more detail? You upgraded code and installed the IC kit. Before doing that did you have the customized movie audio/video? is it possible to revert to that if you decide not to use IC kit?

9 months later
#8794 1 year ago
Quoted from superNESjoe:

Hey everyone, hoping for some help here. Got a NIB JP Pro, less than 100 plays on it and I've had it only a week or so.
The ball next to the jeep that the jeep spins around came off. I've tried popping it back on with a little force and a rubber mallet but it doesn't take much more than some wiggling to get it to pop right back off again.
Any suggestions?
[quoted image]

Perhaps some Loctite red?

2 weeks later
#8820 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

You can try and cheese the smart missile by shooting the spinner, you may get lucky with a pop bounce into the stand up

You can't go that route since a MISS is registered if a switch is hit before the SM switch. I've successfully used a Multiball to hit the truck the opposite way when waiting for the SM countdown though.

#8826 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Better than that... The actual shot can be made until the END of the "missed shot" video. I've done it many times. You hear the "that's a miss" audio then you hit it and get it awarded anyway.

Well folks, I stand corrected!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 14.95
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider StoneyCreek.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club?tu=StoneyCreek and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.