(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,218 posts
  • 803 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by scootss
  • Topic is favorited by 439 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1098 (resized).png
B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_030524583 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #885 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex alignment bulletin from Stern. Posted by pickleric (4 years ago)

Post #1396 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter fix Posted by Chambahz (4 years ago)

Post #1619 read before dismantling the raptor Posted by timlah79 (4 years ago)

Post #1830 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex adjustment info according to Keith Elwin Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #2358 TREX Adjustment info Posted by imagamejunky (4 years ago)

Post #2625 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Raptor pit detailed adjustment instructions. Posted by yancy (4 years ago)

Post #2994 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex head removal tips and Jaw screw fix. Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #3326 Amber Bonus rules and details Posted by fooflighter (4 years ago)

Post #3417 TECH: SWITCHES. Opto sensor not registering on orbit fix Posted by caker137 (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Multiballmaniac1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#128 4 years ago

Bought two LE’s. One I will sell in 2022 nib.

1 month later
#345 4 years ago

I can already guess the LEs will have playfield issues. No way it’s been resolved.

#484 4 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

I just got a call from FedEx Freight. My LE is being delivered tomorrow!!

Let’s us know about the playfield defects.

#663 4 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Anyone else notice a large number of scratches on the clear of their LE? I noticed it right out of the box. I'm not sure if putting plays on it is adding more, but they are pretty noticeable. I haven't reached out to my distro yet, I figured I'd just see if others have noticed the same.

9k. Damn

#816 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

I'm at a loss now. I looked over the playfield more carefully this time. I'm guessing there isn't a fix for peeled paint. 22 games in.[quoted image]

Excellent stern quality. Damn.

4 weeks later
#1795 4 years ago

Any premium playfield issues yet?

2 weeks later
#2518 4 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Any hints on how to tighten the post by the upper right flipper without taking the flipper mech off from underneath?

Tighten it weekly.

5 months later
#5221 3 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

For those thinking they will have a better shot at nicer playfield with a later build date, guess again. Mine is a February 2020 build and it is by far the worst playfield I have ever seen from Stern and that includes the ghosting GB playfield I once had.
Clearcoat is waaay too thin and does not appear smooth under light. Raised and sunken inserts pretty much through out. I even have the opposite of a dimple, almost looks like a screw was about to be drilled through. Not too happy but I think I will manage. If this were my only machine I don't think I would be as forgiving.
The one pic is a small sample of all the flaws.
[quoted image]

You literally just saved me 7k +. I almost just bought one today. Seriously.

Yes wackybrakke you can downvote this post like the rest above since you get so triggered. Lmao

#5223 3 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Does wackybrakke work for Stern? In QC?

I think so.

1 month later
#5453 3 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Buy at your own risk. Some do, some don’t... no guarantee unfortunately.

Man I would love a JP right now, but still a gamble?

Are the later date pros ok?

#5495 3 years ago

Premium being delivered today. Should I order some coil stops?

#5507 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Premium being delivered today. Should I order some coil stops?

Not being delivered till tomorrow now...

904324A0-75A2-46A7-B51A-0C3DA8E2F3D2 (resized).jpeg904324A0-75A2-46A7-B51A-0C3DA8E2F3D2 (resized).jpeg
#5511 3 years ago

I’m in! Never even played it before buying. Homerun Stern. Playfield looks good no planking or anything that stood out. Built 6/4.

5826E25F-E4DC-48FF-AE59-AF905C826B6B (resized).jpeg5826E25F-E4DC-48FF-AE59-AF905C826B6B (resized).jpeg
#5515 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

wait... your inserts do not stand up a little bit, can you feel the inserts and artwork through the clear coat?
my PF looks bad now after 1500 games- cratering. they have to figure this out for a 8k+ game.
my DP pro still looks nice, not nearly as bad.

My game looks like exactly like the guys above MikeS. This is my first nib since the initial release of Maiden pro. So I guess time will tell if these thinner clear games hold up. Hmmm. I did plan on getting a tmnt pro then being done for a year or so unless I sell a game.

#5531 3 years ago

Anyone know the settings number for t-Rex dropping ball on ramp and not tossing it?

#5533 3 years ago
Quoted from gblack:

In the Stern code read me:
“ "T-REX THROW BALL ENABLED" - when set to 'YES' T-Rex will attempt to throw the ball left / right when the game logic allows for it. When set to 'NO' the T-Rex will only drop the ball into the Left Ramp wireform.”

Thank you!!!

#5552 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

This game is officially the new "GOAT".

Best game I’ve ever owned

#5565 3 years ago
Quoted from Mutt:

My TRex is making a grinding noise when it shakes it's head left right. up down seems normal. with the table sounds on & the glass installed you can't hear it but w/ the glass off it sounds like gears are getting eaten. is this normal or if I should be opening it up to see if an adjustment needs to be made. I'd hate to find out there plastic gears in there wearing down.
here's a vid where you can hear it. its when the head moves left to right. up & down seems fine.
not sure if this is related but it came shipped w/ a piece of foam on the trex ramp but the trex head was NOT resting on it. the head was off to the side up against the chrome wire rails.[quoted image]

Mine makes the same noise I think. Haven’t listened with glass off. Also was shipped same way.

#5574 3 years ago
Quoted from Flasher:

Pingraffix for JP and MMr showed up yesterday and, sadly, the quality is way low compared to other art blades.
1. Both sides are on the same piece of oversized paper and only the graphic is cut to shape, not the backing. So you get to do that yourself and hope you don’t cut into your art.
2. Low quality material. Not near as thick or durable as what is on my GB art blades. Not even close. Plus, I spent the first five minutes carefully pulling off piece of the packing tape they used for keeping it rolled up that stuck back to the face of the blade when I let one side go and it rolled itself back up from me memory. The art was so thin I was afraid to just pull it off whereas if the same happened on my GB blades I wouldn’t have thought twice about just pulling it off. They need to use masking tape to hold the roll if they are not goibg to up the quality of the blade.
3. The art is hacked. The artist takes pics of the game art From the PF and Cab and then does a terrible job cutting pieces out and hacking them together. On the JP you can see artifacts (things that were supposed to be removed) near the Tetradactyl’s wing which is just a copy of the one on the PF. It also reveals the tools/process the artist used to cut it from the original art which was not what a true professional would have done (erasing the unwanted vs drawing precise vectors around the shape you want and removing it).
Also, the lightening is some of the worst looking lighting I have ever seen. The artist needs to watch a YouTube on how to make lightening. It is super easy to do well and he/she totally missed it.
4. The artist does not appear to understand color matching. The simply don’t match the rest of the game.
I don’t mean to bash the artist and/or company but if I am going to install something on an $8k game it is to make it look better. These just don’t.
PM me if you want some new pingraffix JP blades at a discount.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I am hoping the Tilt Graphics ones I just bought look good. Stuff ain’t cheap.

#5576 3 years ago
Quoted from zh2oson:

Did I wear these yesterday? [quoted image]
Absolutely!
Why? Two reasons:
1. I'm a loser
2. Because...
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
I'm in the MF-ing club!!

Excellent man. Enjoy.

#5595 3 years ago
Quoted from Mutt:

mine gets stuck at the pop bumper gate too. if I sit the ball on the gate it never get stuck but in gameplay it can. it gets hung up between the edge of the gate & the rubber on the post. it shakes loose.

Mind mine hasn’t got stuck there, but I only have 65 games on mine so far.

Make sure you tighten screws at posts. I had two loose ones at the T. rex ramp

2 weeks later
#5659 3 years ago

Seems like my T-Rex is now only catching ball half the time or less. Has to be a perfect shot. Is this normal?

Thanks

#5697 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Seems like my T-Rex is now only catching ball half the time or less. Has to be a perfect shot. Is this normal?
Thanks

... I take it I need to adjust position in settings.

#5700 3 years ago
Quoted from Saddath:

Has this shown to be normal?? my vertical movement sounds this way too when on side to side movement.
Just got it today and I am a little worried.

Mine makes the noises too.

2 years later
#8981 11 months ago

Have a new playfield for Premium if anyone interested

F0CA3909-15B4-4F17-9325-CB2D5A226167 (resized).jpegF0CA3909-15B4-4F17-9325-CB2D5A226167 (resized).jpeg
#8984 11 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Begs the question . . . How did that happen?

Peeling artwork on original. Summer 2020 had bad playfields.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Multiballmaniac1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club?tu=Multiballmaniac1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.