(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_1098 (resized).png
B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #885 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex alignment bulletin from Stern. Posted by pickleric (4 years ago)

Post #1396 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter fix Posted by Chambahz (4 years ago)

Post #1619 read before dismantling the raptor Posted by timlah79 (4 years ago)

Post #1830 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex adjustment info according to Keith Elwin Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #2358 TREX Adjustment info Posted by imagamejunky (4 years ago)

Post #2625 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Raptor pit detailed adjustment instructions. Posted by yancy (4 years ago)

Post #2994 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex head removal tips and Jaw screw fix. Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #3326 Amber Bonus rules and details Posted by fooflighter (4 years ago)

Post #3417 TECH: SWITCHES. Opto sensor not registering on orbit fix Posted by caker137 (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider John_I.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#878 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

I'm at a loss now. I looked over the playfield more carefully this time. I'm guessing there isn't a fix for peeled paint. 22 games in.[quoted image]

Whenever I buy a new Stern that has a metal apron, first thing I do is take the apron out and put a layer of mylar under it. When I put it back in, I try not to over tighten. Recently I got a 3D printer and decided to go the extra mile for my BKLE by making small u-channels to snap on the bottom of the apron where it meets the playfield. That was before all this clear coat stuff came up, so I'm glad I did.
Apron trim (resized).pngApron trim (resized).png

20190520_081034 (resized).jpg20190520_081034 (resized).jpg
#913 4 years ago

Seems like the next batch of Premiums might be a safe bet as far as playfields go?

1 year later
#7677 2 years ago

Joined the club yesterday! Was very lucky to pick up an HUO Premium with a couple hundred plays and an April 2021 build date. This game is really hard to find and there is a wait until at least December to get one NIB. I already ordered a shaker and knocker and a handful of other mods. Also, have been going through this thread to look for standard fixes. I already did the washer trick to fix the shooter. I protected the shooter lane with two layers of mylar in the damage zone. I need to get a green dome to cover the flasher on the left. That white dome is blinding...

Now I just need to figure out the rules and try to get deep into the game!

#7731 2 years ago

I've been in the club for a week now and have learned a lot and made a lot of tweaks and fixes going through this thread searching and looking at pictures. Thanks to all who have posted tips.

Ever since seeing this game when it first came out, something about the silver screws and washers on the slingshot plastics bothered me. Why is T-Rex eating a chrome screw? I know it's a little silly, but I couldn't wait to replace these screws with black hardware. I went ahead and eliminated the washers and was careful not to tighten beyond just barely snug. Looking at it now, it doesn't seem so silly. It made a bigger difference than I expected. I also, did the lock nut in black. I found these cheap on Amazon a while back and they would probably look good on a lot of games.

20210718_110339 (resized).jpg20210718_110339 (resized).jpg20210718_110351 (resized).jpg20210718_110351 (resized).jpg
#7752 2 years ago

I put the knocker in all my Sterns including JP and they sound awesome and LOUD. You mounted it to hit the back of the cabinet using the template in the instructions? You turned off the software knocker (knocker volume to off) in the settings menu?

#7764 2 years ago

Looks like the plate is not flush on the back. Look closely on the lower right corner. Also, I hear what sounds like a ringing after the knock like something metallic is vibrating still.

Generally after I install a knocker, I push the plunger until it is touching the plate and make sure there is about an 1/8th inch of travel left so the plunger has not bottomed out.

1 week later
#7849 2 years ago

If you are drilling your own plate, I would either move the holes up a bit or aim them a little higher. I find the shooter to light the best when my hand is around it to deflect the light in and up.

2 months later
#8142 2 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Someone posted the $8 Pteranodon with how he mounted it.....

I made my own Pteranodon and Goat mods. Both were easy, cheap and look better than the ones I see for sale. I don't have a problem in general with adding nice looking models to the playfield. My problem with the ones posted above is that they block the view of a (small) portion of the playfield. Generally I like to find an empty spot where the item looks like it belongs rather than it is piled in there.

#8155 2 years ago

I used this one. Had to sharpie on some spots but it had the right size and nice details. I used an electrical loop crimp on his leg to hold him in place using an existing nut.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B099DXQJVB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

20210822_203313 (resized).jpg20210822_203313 (resized).jpg20210827_142750 (resized).jpg20210827_142750 (resized).jpg
#8167 2 years ago

I used piano wire and went to a mount under the backside of the loop ramp so the wire is a lot less visible. It is a fairly simple mod, just drill the figure a new butt hole and preform the wire to the correct length and it is done. Mine bounces around very little and is positioned to not block the view of any inserts or ball movement.

#8170 2 years ago

I would contact ULEK. They should be making them out of PETG. Looks like that is acrylic in order to crack like that. I've been happy with the items I bought from them, so they would probably welcome the feedback.

1 week later
#8199 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

This is common on most all stock pinball machines. Also, photos are deceiving because of automatic exposure which typically allows more light in the lens that what the actual environment is. If you want to brighten things up you really have two options: Pinstadium lighting or you can mount spotlights on the upper bolt of the slings and position them how you like.
I've posted this before, but here is my JP stock on left and with Pinstadium at 50% brightness on right (if you look closely even the left pic is a little over exposed). As you can see the photos were taken in a dark room with no ambient lighting.
[quoted image]

Yes, photos are deceiving and the Pinstadium pictures are notorious for that. Simply put the camera sees things different from the eyes and no JP ever looked like that picture on the left to the naked eye. I can play any of the Stern SPIKE, AP or Spooky games just fine with no lights on in the room whatsoever. That said, I do have a little light from above to help balance out the lighting at times where there is too much strobing or variation in the GI lighting for my liking. Pinstadium are great if you are streaming or if you have a JJP game with the pitiful light tube GI lights. Even still I would just add a few spot lights or more ambient light in the room.

#8211 2 years ago

I agree this is one of very few games I have ever put backboard lighting in. I normally try to DIY, but sometimes it is just too easy and reasonably priced:

https://lermods.com/shop/ols/products/jurassic-park-pinball-led-strip-backboard-light

1 month later
#8407 2 years ago
Quoted from RoadQueen:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I have those same side rails on my premium. They look awesome, but don't really stand out in dim game room lighting. Does anyone make a backlighting kit? If not, they should!!

1 month later
#8543 2 years ago

Where have you guys been getting these home pin translites? I've been searching everywhere for one, I can't stand the translite in the premium.

4 months later
#8745 1 year ago

Pinball Life had the JP Home Pin version of the translite in stock, so I snapped one up. It looks so much better. Definitely more of an action scene without the ridiculous slobbering and drooling as the main focus of the scene. Not to mention the colors look better and richer. Definitely worth the money IMO.

20220709_135056 (resized).jpg20220709_135056 (resized).jpg
#8747 1 year ago
Quoted from Johnbeatle:

So our raptor gate has stopped working consistently. It's pretty much stuck down at this point. I ran the motor test in the diagnostic menu and I hear the motor run but the gate doesn't move. It's the gate supposed to move when running this test from that menu? If this mech is busted, where can I get replacement parts? Looks like the one on Marco was sold out. Is this something stern can supply direct via support?

I had the same problem with the building in Godzilla and it turned out to be a set screw that was not tight enough. Look on page 48 of the JP Premium/LE manual and the set screw is part #9. It says to install locktite. Maybe they didn't install the locktite at the factory? Either way, I would break out the allen wrenches and tighten that screw to see if it helps.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 14.95
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider John_I.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club?tu=John_I and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.