(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_030524583 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_031412806.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0996 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0997 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0382 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0381 (resized).jpeg
20231207_202319 (resized).jpg
IMG_0971 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #885 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex alignment bulletin from Stern. Posted by pickleric (4 years ago)

Post #1396 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter fix Posted by Chambahz (4 years ago)

Post #1619 read before dismantling the raptor Posted by timlah79 (4 years ago)

Post #1830 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex adjustment info according to Keith Elwin Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #2358 TREX Adjustment info Posted by imagamejunky (4 years ago)

Post #2625 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Raptor pit detailed adjustment instructions. Posted by yancy (4 years ago)

Post #2994 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex head removal tips and Jaw screw fix. Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #3326 Amber Bonus rules and details Posted by fooflighter (4 years ago)

Post #3417 TECH: SWITCHES. Opto sensor not registering on orbit fix Posted by caker137 (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Arcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4893 4 years ago

Just got our Premium in and set up yesterday.
Two quick questions that I’m sure are answered in this thread someplace already.
1. Where should the tip of the upper flipper point to on the black post below it?
Ours is set from the factory off to the right so that when a ball comes around it will pop off the post. Is that normal?

2. Balls are getting wedged under the helicopter blades. Best way to fix?

Otherwise a fantastic game right out of the box.

#4901 4 years ago

Glad to know my upper flipper is adjusted properly. Thanks guys.

I checked the screws on my helicopter ramp switch. They are tight and the actuator arm is not interfering with the ball. Everything on it's under side looks great and the blades spin great. So I just adjusted the little set screw on the helicopter bade a few turns and so far so good with that issue.

I also put the tiny washer under the left shooter lane screw to help with balls not making it up the end of the shooter lane to the ramp properly. Seems to be working nicely so far.

Other then that we are just enjoying learning all the great rules on this game.
Love it.

#4902 4 years ago

Here are some photos of our mods so far.
Not pictured are shaker motor and Pinnovators headphone jack with dedicated sub output.

F7737014-E968-4C10-A482-819183017C76 (resized).jpegF7737014-E968-4C10-A482-819183017C76 (resized).jpeg7287CFEF-C77F-4F9C-A26B-B5A39856BE8D (resized).jpeg7287CFEF-C77F-4F9C-A26B-B5A39856BE8D (resized).jpeg06FDBB55-2790-475F-9001-08D5D13C3894 (resized).jpeg06FDBB55-2790-475F-9001-08D5D13C3894 (resized).jpeg88BCA8F0-620F-4E6B-8530-CB7B0B3D29B2 (resized).jpeg88BCA8F0-620F-4E6B-8530-CB7B0B3D29B2 (resized).jpeg666914C3-6738-41D7-9D68-C4C9FA422A7F (resized).jpeg666914C3-6738-41D7-9D68-C4C9FA422A7F (resized).jpeg1689C14C-F50F-4F32-AA94-3E73A2E9D9DE (resized).jpeg1689C14C-F50F-4F32-AA94-3E73A2E9D9DE (resized).jpeg
#4905 4 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

nice mods so far....a few big ones missing...lol

Oh yea.
We will get the guard tower for sure.
Maybe the lit shooter rod.
What else is awesome for this game?

#4908 4 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

The Amazon Pteranodon.[quoted image]

Nice. Which one is that?
There are so many listed.
Is it the Papo?

#4911 4 years ago

Thanks guys.
I’ll order that one.
And yes easy mount pics always welcome.

#4925 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I posted these before, but here's my little guy again..I use this method of attachment on all my homemade mods (sign wire, electrical lugs)...He's dive bombing the truck and the ball rolls right under his wing on the helix, very cool and it looks absolutely like it belongs.
Super sturdy, no vibration, completely adjustable to any specific orientation
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow. That looks amazing.
Few questions.
What kind and where to get sign wire and Electrical lugs?
Also looks like you have a metal plate under him somehow connecting it all.
Very sturdy setup.
I noticed you are just an hour away from me but with the damn virus can’t just pop over and take a look anymore. Lol

#4933 3 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

As far as the pinball getting lodged on the helicopter blades, I noticed that same thing on my machine when I got it.
What I found was that underneath the playfield, the post that comes from the helicopter blades (that spins) was binding on the edge of the hole that it travels through. You'll see that associated with this spinning helicopter mechanism there is a somewhat adjustable nut under the playfield that you can adjust to move that post just a hair, and give it more space to spin without binding on the edge of that playfield hole. That should probably take care of it.
Keep us posted

OK.
Credit where credit is due.
Chipscott was 100% correct with this diagnosis and I kinda blew past it because it did not seem like there was any way that the rod under the playfield could ever come in contact with the metal plate that only half way surrounds it. Boy was I wrong.

When a ball got stuck under the blade again, I noticed that if you lift up on the helicopter blade while it is over the habitrail like a ball does, it will cause the rod under the playfield to get jammed under the little metal plate with the computer board on it. (photo in next post below)
Luckily there are two set screws to move this plate a bit over to the right and fix this for good.

#4934 3 years ago

Photo of the small metal plate that needed to move a bit to the right to fix my helicopter issue.
This is how close it was before being moved a bit.

C8C3F735-ADB0-4C20-AA7D-215A9733B992 (resized).jpegC8C3F735-ADB0-4C20-AA7D-215A9733B992 (resized).jpeg

#4959 3 years ago

Got most of my game dialed in now thanks to this group.

One last thing that was concerning my family was the amount of ball hop for a ball coming back down the S lane from a weak shot or poor plunge.

I wondered if the ball guide could be pushed up some to stop this. Short answer is no. There is zero play in this guide.

While I had the plastics taken apart I noticed that the metal guide is so damn close to the post that it had cut through the black rubber ring. (Original Stern ring in photo.)
I replace this ring with a new one but it is already getting sliced open.
The only fix I can think of would be to throw out this rubber ring altogether and only put a single post rubber on the middle post.
Has anyone tried this yet or have a better idea?

13F2CD80-214F-4BA0-9533-81EFAE20F67D (resized).jpeg13F2CD80-214F-4BA0-9533-81EFAE20F67D (resized).jpeg
#4961 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

When I replaced the stock rubber with Titans, I had the same problem.
Even though the guide doesn't have play, I would try and move it forward (i.e. toward the "S"). I did this for the upper right flipper (which also had no "play") and it made a world of difference for the smoothness of the upper PF shots.

Thanks.
I did push it as far as it would go forward. (Basically nothing).
The only way to move it at all is to bend the top forward with some pliers, but this looked like it would interfere with the S shot to much so I put it back straight.
Seriously considering just getting rid of this rubber ring and seeing what happens.

#4967 3 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

See post #4451 in
Jurassic Park (Stern 2019) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park
Folks have been working on this problem.

Thanks.
Weird that I noticed this at the same time as the other thread. Lol
Anyway I like the idea of drilling out the hole on the guide a little larger.
That would work. But would be a little more complicated then just ditching the larger rubber for a single post rubber.
We shall see.
At least there are options.

#4971 3 years ago
Quoted from bocce:

I had the same issue and swapped out the plastic post for a skinny metal one like the one that holds the gate on the pop area. Works great! Bounces to left flipper and no rubber cutting![quoted image]

Perfect.
Thanks for the idea.

#4981 3 years ago

We got our Pteranodon in the mail today and managed to get it installed very securely thanks to “FooFighter”.
We used his method with the wire and wire lugs.
Super sturdy and looks great.
6460567C-2B67-449C-BEF5-16535C52AFA9 (resized).jpeg6460567C-2B67-449C-BEF5-16535C52AFA9 (resized).jpeg

#4989 3 years ago

Takes a bit of tweaking but we finally have our game really dialed in and smooth.
Just got finished fixing a little bit of ball hop on the left flipper by loosening up the lane guide screws and pushing up slightly and then tightening them back down. Smooth as glass now.

Also lowered the flipper power a bit as per all the instructions in this thread and that really helped a lot as well.

The only issue left and it does not effect game play, is that when our T-Rex roars he will swing his head towards the left side of the cabinet (his right) and bash our electric fence post with all the wires on it.
He hits it fairly hard, but not enough to snap it off, yet.
I hate to mess with him because he is great on the ramp ball pick up and every place else. Just that he loves to roar and slam the hell out of that fence post.
Is there a setting to stop this?

#4996 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Mine's been hitting against that post since I got it out of the box in Sept., and it hasn't caused a problem so far.

Thanks.
No problems here either.
Just in the long run it can't be great for that poor fence post.

#5022 3 years ago

What was the decided upon best fix for stuck weights on raptor?
Dremel the plastic?
Remove some washers?

46094FD7-41CB-4521-AD86-14D5B606771D (resized).jpeg46094FD7-41CB-4521-AD86-14D5B606771D (resized).jpeg
#5035 3 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

Speaking of shooter lane issues...I’m having a problem where the ball gets air after going up the shooter lane ramp, hits the bottom of the upper wire guide (actually hits a support bracket), looses speed, changes trajectory, and sometimes misses the half pipe. See photo.
I have the orange spring installed. Need ideas on how to fix this. Either push ramp down to prevent air balls, or pull ramp up so that air balls don’t hit the guide.[quoted image]

Same issue here as well.
My best guess is the end of the launch ramp floor piece is a bit lower then the thin metal guide raid that guides shots in the S Lane.
I think it is causing the ball to hop just a bit when it gets to the end instead of flowing off of it smoothly.
Have not looked into how to raise it yet but looks like a lot of tear down to get to the screws.

1 week later
#5106 3 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Last night was the first time I hit all three and then continued and hit the 4th! (The "O" shot).

I have hit that 4 way skill shot combo only once. But man what a great feeling.
The game keeps track of the Skill shot champion which is cool. We have ours set to no extra balls, and my brother is our current champ with 8.
He did it with a 4 way combo on ball 1 and then two 2 way combos on balls 2 & 3.
It would probably be beatable except that our shooter lane sucks for getting the ball shoot straight.

#5114 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

I made the 4th skillshot once, first time i noticed the opto on the the O shot isnt working always. IT DIDNT COUNT grrrrrr

The entire opto issue is a bit crazy.
Why in the world do they put the optos so low?
Why not just put them in the center of the damn ball and eliminate the ball hopping over and missed timing?

#5127 3 years ago

Wow. Just got this from Invalid Frenzy.
At one point I had 255 gate hits till add a ball. What a rush.
Not sure about the Red ring of death part though. Other then the X-Box reference.

66B727AD-FBCD-4018-BFCF-73C6F971DD06 (resized).jpeg66B727AD-FBCD-4018-BFCF-73C6F971DD06 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#5173 3 years ago
Quoted from bigchief99:

Hey, new to the club. A couple of questions and I have not read the entire forum.
Has anyone had the game start with points (sometimes 7500, sometimes 15000) in the players 1 spot before the player has launched his first ball? This has happened to me when I started a 2 player or 3 player start game. NOt all the time. Weird, just looking to see if anyone has had this happen to them.
I know there is a setting/adjustment to just the shaker motor. Is that a software menu adjustment of how long the shaker shakes? Is the intensity/vibration a physical adjustment on the motor itself? My glass rattles on my machine. I adjusted the lenght of how long it shakes. Not sure if it is the upgraded color changing front speakers that is rattling the glass or the shaker. I have to buy some glass rattle tape to stop the bad glass rattle.
Any info would be great, thanks.

It could be any switch on the game but chances are if you poke around with the glass off you will find one that scores 7500 points.
For me 9 times out of 10 it is a slingshot switch (there are two on each slingshot), or a pop bumper switch.
On my game one of the pop bumper switches had gotten way to tight and was randomly scoring. Just a very slight movement on the blades fixed it.

#5203 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Heli on the helipad....
Took this idea from someone with the pro. But even with the spinner blades it looks cool.[quoted image][quoted image]

Very nice.
What toy copter? and what is the difficulty level to install?

#5266 3 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Well I have a shaker, mirror blades, and green rubbers ready to install. I also have a barbasol can mod coming from MezelMods to cover the control room flasher and some flipper toppers.
Past that, I haven't looked into more. I'll probably powdercoat it at some point like I did on my Deadpool, and maybe make some speaker LEDs.

Best $8-$10 mod ever from Amazon.
How Stern did not include this one is amazing.

16AE525F-FA43-41B3-8ED5-34E49704B472 (resized).jpeg16AE525F-FA43-41B3-8ED5-34E49704B472 (resized).jpeg

#5269 3 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

That's awesome! Would you mind sharing a link to it?

It has been shared a couple of times in this thread and the regular JP thread.
When you search Amazon Pteranodon just include the word Papo.
It will bring up the correct one.

#5272 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Looks cool. I'm waiting on my JP and it may be a couple of months. What did you use to attach it there?

Just use 2 of these little brass electrical wire connectors. One on the game post and one under the Pteranodon.
You can get them at Home Depot or Lowes.
They allow you to turn and lock down your wire in any position you like. So it will always be just how you want him positioned.
We used a thick guage sign wire you can also pick up at Home Depot.

17EBE700-0827-43D8-9356-29B0906B1CD5 (resized).png17EBE700-0827-43D8-9356-29B0906B1CD5 (resized).png6B321A37-49E5-4EF1-A256-80A53632F78F (resized).png6B321A37-49E5-4EF1-A256-80A53632F78F (resized).pngA948361B-154D-421A-9081-F90D1BFCBEA7 (resized).jpegA948361B-154D-421A-9081-F90D1BFCBEA7 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#5328 3 years ago
Quoted from gblack:

1st time owner so sorry for the noob question.... For those that have these at home and free play what do you do with awards like Match? The match video is fun but having a credit award is silly with free play.

We do the only thing we can do.
We yell, "yea! I won a free game." at my house.
Then we press the start button and continue with our daily lives.

#5332 3 years ago
Quoted from Gee_Bananas:

OK...n00b back again,
Have had the machine for 1 complete day (405 balls played), and noticed the ball would fail to make the shooter horseshoe sometimes. Not a ton of times, maybe 10 or so balls....but enough make me look it up. I didn't want to bother my distributor/Stern just yet (waiting for something major).
I saw the post on this thread and the fix looked pretty simple. I used this video to help me as well.

Tested it manually and with the automatic plunger (although I couldn't figure out how to put it in test mode), and it hasn't failed yet.
Everything else seems to be fine. Now to make sure my raptor is moving the way it's supposed to, hmm...... It's not getting stuck anywhere but I haven't noticed it "dipping." I saw the there was a test setting for the gate, but I couldn't find a test for the raptor itself.[quoted image]

The raptor only moves when a ball hits the strike plate target in the back of the cage. It is not controlled by a solenoid or game play software. Just a simple bash toy.

1 month later
#5438 3 years ago
Quoted from Flasher:

I picked up a Premium this week and was having the TREX issues mentioned at the top of this enormous thread. I tried adjusting it manually by loosening the nuts in the back of the TREX and moving it as suggested but when that didn't work I realized what the issue really was, which I did not see mentioned here (tho I did not read through all 5500 posts) The backbox bolts that secure the BB in the upright position are too long and hit the top of the TREX mechanism when screwed all of the way in. Back that left BB bolt out a few turns and watch your TREX drop down into the right position.
Mine catches the ball virtually every time now.

Well that is a very interesting find that may help a lot of people.
Mine seems to be working fairly well, but I will certainly look at it to see just how close it gets.

#5441 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

SO CLOSE!!!
I literally was one White arrow shot away from the Vistor Center today, with the Pterannodons captured....all I had to do was trap up and hit the TREX ramp to advance and I got so giddy, I screwed up, choked and drained...Oh man was that close....one day

As my cousin Allen always likes to say "That's-a-dee-Pinball"

2 weeks later
#5606 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Possibly stupid question. Is there a feature adjustment for the Slingshot "sensitivity"? I see one for Slingshot Power but I'm unsure if that adjusts how hard the slingshot slings the ball when triggered or if it adjusts amount of force the ball has to contact it with in order to trigger the slingshot/sling the ball at all. Or maybe there's another setting I'm not seeing? I'm looking for a way to adjust the latter. It's just way too sensitive IMO to the point of frustrating at times. I also wonder if my swapping those rubbers out for Superbands has made them worse/more sensitive. Appreciate any insight!

Each sling has two leaf switches sticking up from under the playfield. It is simply how close those are gaped that will determine the sensitivity.
A leaf switch adjustment tool works great but you can just stick a small screwdriver down between the leafs and make them stay more open then closed.
If the ball has to push the rubber ring further inward to make contact, the sling will not fire as quickly.

#5616 3 years ago
Quoted from biglaw:

Here's a topper been working on EightBallTexas ask me to see what I could come up with. Still working on getting gate to open when activated. Quick vid working.
[quoted image]

Wow. That is amazing. This is the direction Stern should have taken.
I would maybe make the doors and stone look a bit more textured and worn and throw a Pteranodon over those trees on the right.
Fantastic work though for a home made topper.

#5636 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

ectobar Using the screwdriver method ever so carefully worked. I also re-attached the stock rubber rings. I can now finally catch the ball when it lightly touches the slingshot instead of it being slinged annoyingly/unexpectedly. Now when the ball hits either with an appropriate force, they sling away as expected. THANK YOU! This is a gameplay changer to say the least. I will also say that I now understand why a tool was made. With the screwdriver method, one could accidentally "disable" the slingshot entirely by bending too far or damage the switch entirely. So good tool callout there. I'm going to play with the stock rubbers for a while then try my super bands again later to see if there's a difference in gap. One thing I noticed early on when installing the superbands is that they seemed "stressed" at the connecting pegs... as if they were "smaller" than the stock ones (but they are not). What I mean is that with the superbands, they seemed to press the forward part of the switch further back than with the stock rings (in turn, closing the connection between the back of the switch and making it more "sensitive" to hits).

Glad you got it working. We are here to help.
And you are correct about the Superbands. They do not stretch as easily as the black and white pinball rubbers and are naturally a tighter fit.

3 months later
#6100 3 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Aloha All,
Anyone installed the new code from Tim? The lastest version is incredible. Would love to hear feedback on some of the cool videos .
Audio kicked ass already and now the videos...pretty solid.
Have a good football Sunday ....my team sucks ....bring on the bourbon.

Yes. We all love it. Have installed every version up to the latest and it always gets better and better.
Pretty much perfect as is currently.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop
Backbox
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs
Other
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 16.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
$ 35.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com
Protection
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 39.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Arcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club?tu=Arcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.