(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,218 posts
  • 803 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by scootss
  • Topic is favorited by 439 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1098 (resized).png
B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_030524583 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #885 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex alignment bulletin from Stern. Posted by pickleric (4 years ago)

Post #1396 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter fix Posted by Chambahz (4 years ago)

Post #1619 read before dismantling the raptor Posted by timlah79 (4 years ago)

Post #1830 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex adjustment info according to Keith Elwin Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #2358 TREX Adjustment info Posted by imagamejunky (4 years ago)

Post #2625 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Raptor pit detailed adjustment instructions. Posted by yancy (4 years ago)

Post #2994 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex head removal tips and Jaw screw fix. Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #3326 Amber Bonus rules and details Posted by fooflighter (4 years ago)

Post #3417 TECH: SWITCHES. Opto sensor not registering on orbit fix Posted by caker137 (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Aniraf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1304 4 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My PIn is coming on a truck and will be here tomorrow. A little hiccup but tracking that bad boy. It's in AZ now and will be in Dallas .

How did a delivery to TX route through AZ when these things are coming out of IL?

#1408 4 years ago

I have 196.

8365662D-4016-48ED-9C44-6E58CEE547C4 (resized).jpeg8365662D-4016-48ED-9C44-6E58CEE547C4 (resized).jpegF38CD0B9-99E8-4245-90F6-C5411DF6721C (resized).jpegF38CD0B9-99E8-4245-90F6-C5411DF6721C (resized).jpeg
#1502 4 years ago

Has anyone used pinball browser to replace the Samuel L Jackson quotes with Samuel L’s voice? If so, would you be willing to send me the clips?

#1705 4 years ago

I am sure this has been talked about...but I'm inept at finding the details on the forums . I thought that the T Rex was supposed to randomly throw the ball, not just set it on the wireform. Is there a setting that I'm missing?

Thanks for the help!

#1706 4 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Very interested in messing with this myself, delt31. Could you please share a link to how you're doing this? Using pinball browser I assume? I found a few links to it but I'm unsure which is the latest/most legit version. I'd also like to know if there are any cautions or best practices to consider when doing so. Especially if you can run the risk of bricking the machine, voiding warranty (I assume that's a given), etc. Thanks!

I'm in the same camp here...I can't listen to that fake Samuel L voice anymore! If anyone comes up with a nice set of callouts, please let me know.

#1723 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Yes there’s a setting in the menu that toggles the throw on or off. I forget where it is in the menu though.

There is a literal "throw" option I have set to yes, but it doesn't throw the ball. If anyone knows the exact setting, let me know because I wasn't seeing anything else.

#1724 4 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Lol.. I let hundreds of little kids beat the living crap out of my pinball machines every weekend on location.. and you know what they are literally absolutely fine. Commercial machines and all. It’s a pinball machine, not a Ferrari California.

Yeah, I can vouch for that. As long as they aren't carrying Sharpies, you're probably fine.

#1749 4 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

Vocal minority will never be general consensus. Someone whos mech is working fine isn't going to post. That's a long list of LE owners already and only a few are having issues. Out of fifty games (atleast one trex mode per game) so far on my premium, I've only had a few rejects and wouldn't even consider them rejects. Just weak shots that activate the opto but not strong enough to make it to the magnet.

I would echo this. Mine is not perfect, but it is palatable. I would say I am somewhere in the 50% range as it takes a nice clean shot on mine, but the code seems to handle it regardless of if the trex literally grabs the ball or not.

I absolutely agree that Stern should keep on it as it is a fun feature, but I wouldn’t shy away from the game based on the issues I have experienced.

Granted, these things are like snowflakes…so good luck .

#1750 4 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

I’ve had my machine for a week now and just saw the trex throw the ball the first time last night. It took me getting to rampage mode.
It hasn’t done it in any other mode as of yet, I haven’t got that deep in the game yet but wanted to share my experience.

That is helpful. I would love if it was correlated with rampage mode .

I’ll do some tests with the glass off ASAP. Thank you for letting me know!

#1919 4 years ago

Can anyone confirm that the left plastic on the raptor pit is not actually attached to anything and kind of floats there?

C6838579-75BF-48ED-84B4-ADF24DC3C6A0 (resized).jpegC6838579-75BF-48ED-84B4-ADF24DC3C6A0 (resized).jpeg
#1927 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

Confirmed. Mine is that way too.

Ty!

#1964 4 years ago

Congrats.
What part of Dallas?? might need to have a pin/beer night.

I love that you're constantly trying to pull the state together for some kind of pinball/alcohol party! I share the same vision in AZ, I just prefer not to talk to anyone in person .

#2052 4 years ago

I had the ball get stuck in two interesting places tonight. Both of them are impossible to clear without lifting the glass. Since my pin is on location, I let the ball search finish in order to test the response. It cycles about 3 times looking for the ball, then reports a ball as missing to the player. Right after that it kills the current players game and moves on to the next player. Beyond that I had a lot of strange things happen: TRex multiball with only one ball, smart missile during a multiball (I didn’t think that was possible) and some failures to detect the skill shots. I was wondering if being a ball down puts the game into a weird state code wise.

I also had a TRex error pop up in the control panel. I couldn’t run the test or clear it until I had 6 balls again. After 6 balls were in there the issue cleared itself.

0A6F55A4-9A67-439B-8480-39F9C1FA97F4 (resized).jpeg0A6F55A4-9A67-439B-8480-39F9C1FA97F4 (resized).jpeg3F20C223-111C-45F1-B835-4B5E96756133 (resized).jpeg3F20C223-111C-45F1-B835-4B5E96756133 (resized).jpegB51EE4F9-6278-436D-9283-8161D09A8DB8 (resized).jpegB51EE4F9-6278-436D-9283-8161D09A8DB8 (resized).jpeg
#2097 4 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

It is frustrating for sure. If I am not confident in a $7000+ toy I might have to wait. Game itself looks amazing but it seems Stern is more concentrated on pushing games through the door than quality control. Stern is now a widget producers more widgets the better.

This is such a bummer! For awareness, I bought #black-knight-sword-of-rage-le and it is unbelievably flawless after probably 1000 games. That said, I did just randomly find a screw and C clip in the cabinet :/. I fully expect to work on my pins but I do think they should be 99% functional on delivery.

This is strictly my opinion, but I do feel the quality of the game is slightly lower than the BKSoR I bought. I also ordered the #elviras-house-of-horrors-le and frankly I'm terrified after reading the posts for that one .

#2098 4 years ago

I went over 500 million. WOOHOO....puts me at 6th in the world on Pinside. I know that's not 1 billion but I will take it.
Finally hit the missile and that was fun!!![quoted image]

I didn't know that you could be N in the world on Pinside? I hit 668M...how do I enter this contest?

2 weeks later
#2860 4 years ago

I have a failed coil stop . So I can confirm it happens to even good people .

#2911 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

This was my problem at first..I spoke to Mike Vinikour from Stern at the Houston Arcade Expo... He said Keith designed it for 7.0 in mind and to set it to 7 to enjoy the game as it was meant to be played (man was he right)...I originally had it at 6.5 (according to the manual)... No go... Helipad was way way too hard to make... I also aligned the tip of the flipper bats for the left and right flippers dead on to the guide holes and not the ball guides (it came from the factory like this but I changed it to Steve Ritchie style at first... Again nope) .. The upper one, I tweaked with the bat loosened while I eyeball and adjusted with a ball at various speeds to just the point where a ball coming down the right orbit guide just kisses the post to prevent SDTM drains, this puts the flipper rubber just to the right of the guide hole and the flipper just offset off the post pointing into the helipad lane shot.. The game plays amazing now...I can finally stop worrying about tweaking and just play.

I don’t understand why Stern can’t just tell people that it is designed for a 7.0 pitch. What would be the harm in stating something like that if it is actually true?

1 week later
#3181 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

My highest was 835 million but only once... Then 453... Then it's downhill from there, into the 2's and 300's and then a real crap game in the 25 million range them back into the 100's... I'm all over the place

I am in the same boat. I think my play style could be referred to as “random”.

#3396 4 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

I also encountered problems with the opto on the T-Rex ramp, specifically the ramp exit opto. The rear most board wasn't properly aligned with the hole in the ramp and was causing fast shots not to register. The problem was with the plastic ramp mounting point being more than 90 degrees to the side of the ramp with the hole, causing the opto to be tilted downward slightly and pointing too low. My fix was to loosen the opto board and then shim between the ramp and the board and then tighten it back up. This pivoted the board so that it's now square with the side of the ramp.
Here's an exaggerated image to clarify.
[quoted image]
Edit: It's really easy to check the alignment if you pull the playfield all the way out onto the service rails and then pick up the playfield by the handle on the back. Just lift until you can get a good view of the alignment of the board, you might even need to shim it the other way.
Maybe add this as a key topic for fixing the T-Rex ramp opto eightballtexas?

So this solves the same thing as the tape solution? I am confused about which opto this is referring to.

#3444 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Do yourself a favor and replace your factory coilstops. Over time I've noticed it harder and harder to make the C and S shots...then noticed a little fluttering in the flippers...lift up the playfield and dust all over..
Don't know who the supplier is but the Stern factory coil stop supplier sucks.
Replaced mine with some Pinball Life ones and it's like a different game...making the shots again with ease.
About 1500 games in
The clean one is the pinball life one obviously
[quoted image][quoted image]

This 100%!

2 weeks later
#3680 4 years ago

What target awards the extra ball?

#3682 4 years ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

The right ramp, when the light is lit.

Ty.

1 week later
#3849 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

No backing nut, threads just bite into the black opto housing. Sounds like yours might be stripped, which is not surprising since it's plastic.

Mine isn't stripped, but I've had it come out. Elvira has the same kind of thing on the right ramp too...I'm annoyed that they didn't put a backing nut on there. I'll probably do it at some point if they keep coming loose.

1 week later
#4046 4 years ago

Anyone recognize this from inside of the cabinet? It appears to be some sort of plastic spacer.

61AD09B2-347B-412A-95DB-6B42F8989324 (resized).jpeg61AD09B2-347B-412A-95DB-6B42F8989324 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#4310 4 years ago
Quoted from Polidori:

Took delivery of an LE today and was somewhat surprised to see that the speakers don’t light up. Normal? If this is normal, what are my options if I want to light ‘em up?

Funny, I just got a Deadpool LE and was like, woah the speakers light up. I guess Stern stopped doing this at some point?

1 week later
#4441 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Anyone recognize this from inside of the cabinet? It appears to be some sort of plastic spacer.[quoted image]

Does anyone know where to buy these plastic spacers? I now lost the one I reinstalled. I need some lock tight :/.

#4520 4 years ago
Quoted from nullPinner:

Has anyone had any issues with Chromium pinballs becoming magnetized on the premium/le versions of this game? As I understand it, the only magnet is in the TRex's mouth so I'm not sure how much exposure that will actually end up being or if that's enough to produce this effect.
I'm considering some Super Shiny pinballs from Titan or the premium chromium steel balls from Pinbits but not sure if they're worth it or if the warnings about potential magnetization should be heeded for use on Stern's Jurassic Park premium/le.

I’m running the ball baron ninja balls on route and they seem fine on this game and black knight.

3 years later
#9132 3 months ago

I’m having a weird problem getting a plastic back on my JP. The raptor pen has a nut holding the right raptor foot which collides with the left side rail of the machine.

I can’t see any way for this to fit without some serious modification. I have to be making some kind of mistake.

IMG_0381 (resized).jpegIMG_0381 (resized).jpegIMG_0382 (resized).jpegIMG_0382 (resized).jpeg
#9133 3 months ago

Ignore my last post. I put them upside down. The manual is wrong. Maybe this will help someone else.

IMG_0383 (resized).jpegIMG_0383 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#9143 3 months ago

Does anyone know where you can find the Art of Pinball custom sculpted t-rex?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 14.95
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Aniraf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club?tu=Aniraf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.