(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_1098 (resized).png
B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #885 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex alignment bulletin from Stern. Posted by pickleric (4 years ago)

Post #1396 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter fix Posted by Chambahz (4 years ago)

Post #1619 read before dismantling the raptor Posted by timlah79 (4 years ago)

Post #1830 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex adjustment info according to Keith Elwin Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #2358 TREX Adjustment info Posted by imagamejunky (4 years ago)

Post #2625 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Raptor pit detailed adjustment instructions. Posted by yancy (4 years ago)

Post #2994 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex head removal tips and Jaw screw fix. Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #3326 Amber Bonus rules and details Posted by fooflighter (4 years ago)

Post #3417 TECH: SWITCHES. Opto sensor not registering on orbit fix Posted by caker137 (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 2manyhobbies.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6220 3 years ago

Just joined in on this pin today. Love this game!

PXL_20201110_203335684 (resized).jpgPXL_20201110_203335684 (resized).jpgPXL_20201110_204225824 (resized).jpgPXL_20201110_204225824 (resized).jpgPXL_20201110_215227753 (resized).jpgPXL_20201110_215227753 (resized).jpgPXL_20201111_020815862 (resized).jpgPXL_20201111_020815862 (resized).jpg
#6222 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

This new wave of JP deliveries (mine will be here any day now) has got me thinking a little since this is my first NIB pin. Are there any special instructions, considerations, tricks, etc. to opening the box and unpacking a NIB Stern pin?

Pretty simple. Before you sign for a NIB open the top of the box, find the bottom and cut that side down, lay pin down and the cut the strap holding the back box and lift up and make sure everything is good and no damage. Don't sign until inspected, the trucking companies will wait while you do this.

#6225 3 years ago

Just curious, when you guys opened your pins up was the Trex lower Jaw under the wire form (T-Rex Even and advanced Paddock)

Mine was locked in there like it was biting the wire form and there was no instructions saying how to get out of there. I had to wiggle and push the spinner out of the way,had a hell of a time getting out of position.

#6226 3 years ago
PXL_20201110_220121510 (resized).jpgPXL_20201110_220121510 (resized).jpg
#6232 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

That sucks, hopefully no intermittent damage done. Mine had a big piece of black foam holding it in position over the ramp.
EDIT: or maybe it was a zip tie. I forgot now. I know there was something holding it in place.

Yeah I got quite a few games in and no issues with Trex I kind of knew that could not be right, had to loosen the left ramp and still had to force it a bit but no damage. Seems to catch the ball every time it comes near the mouth for the multi ball so I guess I got lucky. And even all the pooling posts I have seen as far as I can tell there is none, I was looking at that before I even signed for it checking every post. Oh well better lucky then good.

#6233 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Haven't seen any reports of this, but I love the image - clearly she wasn't happy about being in a box ... or was very hungry

#6248 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

It's official. I've paid my dues, withstood the initiation, and now I'm in the club!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Sweet!!

#6250 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

BTW, this makes it seem like I'm pretty much guaranteed a "reward", but when I registered it said I would be entered into a drawing and made it sound like it was about the same odds as winning the lottery. Has anyone received a reward, and if so what was it? I don't know if all of this was finished after the initial launch or if they are going to provide awards also for this most recent production run.
[quoted image]

Yeah I got the same thing, felt kind of gypped after I registered. But who knows maybe we will win a major award LOL I bet the supplies ran out in 2019 with the initial launch
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#6261 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

My T-Rex came in that very same position. I was able to lift the lower jaw from under the gate, but I've not powered the game yet to see if that is all that is needed. I tried to move it laterally by hand, but didn't seem to want to move (I didn't want to force it).
Did you get yours working correctly?

Yeah it worked fine but man it was locked in there. There are like 3 small scraps on the bottom of the jaw but it works great. I think it was bashing around in delivery and how it got forced into the wire form. I did email support today to tell them about it, I am sure they will send me the lower jaw but I kind of they send me the whole assembly just in case I have problems down the road but I don’t want to hold my breath on that. Just told them they didn’t ship it right. I had some pics of it when it was unpackaged so they can zoom in and see the position. Plus pics of the jaw clamped down around the wire form before I got it unstuck.

#6262 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

My first mod - my custom apron magnets.
[quoted image]

Did you print those yourself or buy them somewhere. They didn’t give me anything for the right side except how much per game tags.

#6273 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

My custom apron cards are here: http://aproncards.com
These three I made based upon my apron cards, but they are actually magnets, and are sized just right to cover the 4 apron slots as well as the center stock decal. I sell my apron cards for $10 per set of 2, and I would be willing to do a 3 magnet set like mine for $25 (includes postage).

cool I am in sent you a PM

Thanks!

#6313 3 years ago

Wow, so much more fun with a working T-Rex. He chowed down a few times, and even slung the ball once.
[quoted image]

Yeah TRex was such a unique and cool part of this game. I was going back and forth between this and Avengers, Keith Elwin games so far are awesome, and almost got Avengers because there was a company who's website claim to have this game but find out they did not and couldn't find it anywhere else, gave him a few days to see if he could get one on trade and low and behold another site just got 4 in IA week before last. So cancelled the order and snagged one of those up and couldn't be happier. Although I think Avengers may eventually get in my collection

1 week later
#6383 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Just looked....JP #2 in the top 100!!

It's the best game IMO. If you get the Tim code takes it to a level no pin has reached.

#6386 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Sneak peek - probably more to come tomorrow.
[quoted image]

Get me on the list. Looks awesome!

1 month later
#6490 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

It's all of a sudden been issue after issue a few months out of warranty. I posted about my helicopter opto issue 2 days ago that I thought was my fault for making adjustments to the helicopter. However, what happened today is in a completely opposite end of the playfield. I have not been able to find an answer anywhere, I hope someone here can help.
I'll try to explain as best as possible:
Firing up the game today resulted in me noticing that my TOP GI-LEFT lights weren't working as expected. I have the Mezel Tower Mod and the T-Rex Gate Mod (that has LEDs in this area) - lights on both were out. Going into DIAG revealed alerts about CHECK NODE BOARD 9 OVERCURRENT PROTECTION. Digging in closer OVERCURRENT PROTECTION - UPPER PLAYFIELD - DRIVE: NONE LIGHT: TOP GI-LEFT. Doing OVERCURRENT TEST on Node 9 flashes all of the GI lights except for those in question and maybe another one? (noted as 154 in the manual). I also got an error along the way about TROUGH MALFUNCTION and I see the Raptor Cage / Gate try to initialize but stop halfway through.
I've checked all connections and nothing looks wrong. I also replaced the Tower Mod LED that wires into the Tower Lights. For about 5 min everything lit back up and there were no alerts. But within my first gameplay ball everything went out again, rinse and repeat with that Node 9 GI overcurrent alert and Trough malfunction messages . I then disconnected the two LED mods. No change. Some screenshots below.
I don't understand what is causing all of this all of a sudden. The mods have been in the machine forever without issue. I have no other mods that leverage the machines power and again eliminating them didn't change anything. The little monitor mod in the pics is powered outside of the machine BTW.
Any advice on what else to check? From what I've read the DRIVE value in diagnostics tells you where the problem is but in my case it's DRIVE: NONE
Should I buy and install a new node board?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Man if there is one person on this thread that should get help it is you!! Please anyone with experience with a Node issue chime in!!

Tim when you say you were referring to the manual do you mean the manual that came with the game or the new manuals for the SPIKE systems now finally listed on Sterns website with detailed wiring diagrams ect?? Below is a link to one of them although I do not know if it will help with your problem, as quickly reading through pages 48 and 49 talks about overcurrent but does not look like the best step by step break down to the core problem, but there are several new manuals on their site now.
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/SPIKE-System-Manual.pdf
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/SPIKE-System-Manual.pdf

2 weeks later
#6571 3 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Bumping my above questions, inc a vid of the orbit issue.

I sent you a PM with a bunch of pics of the exit ramp and target, hopefully you can compare and see why that guide or possibly the target is deflecting your ball towards the truck.

#6577 3 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Thanks 2MH. Your pics definitely helped solve the issue. My ball guide had a slight lip at the end, which wasn't noticeable until you take into account the shape of the plastic above. My ball guide followed the path of the plastic whereas yours dropped down, meaning your ball path was lower. I haven't been able to correct it completely, but I've bent it to the point that it no longer hits the truck when hitting the right orbit!! Win!!
So I've fixed the right orbit to correctly miss the Truck. The S shot now deflects properly to the left sling/flipper. I have also stuck down the metal flap (which seemed to be sitting too high) on the tower shot making a much smoother arc, meaning less bricked shots. The plunger is still a little hit and miss, I might still fiddle with this.
But these changes alone have made an incredible improvement. My average scores over the last 6 months were getting worse and worse, sitting in the 35-95 mill range, now I'm getting back into the groove shooting 150-250+ regularly. Shots and combos are much easier to hit, SDTM's are far rarer and the game just seems to flow. Such an awesome pin!!!
Thanks all for your help.
[quoted image][quoted image]

There may be a little more wiggle room on that ball guide if you loosen the nuts under the playfield. Looks like the whole ball guide is one long piece wrapping around from left to right. Maybe loosen all the nuts from under the playfield a see if you get a little additional movement out of it. Glade it is getting closer to being dialed in!

#6581 3 years ago
Quoted from wheels:

In cleaning the jeep assembly, anyone use Super White lithium grease? Or, should I just be using straight alcohol to clean the post? Thanks, everyone.

It's not designed to be lubricated. It can get gummed up from dust, firing of coils, ect, if you add lubricant it may get gummed up quicker .just pull the shaft out and clean up with some alcohol.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 35.00
$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 2manyhobbies.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club?tu=2manyhobbies and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.