(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,218 posts
  • 803 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by scootss
  • Topic is favorited by 439 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1098 (resized).png
B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_030524583 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,218 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 185.
#4851 4 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Unsure if you looked closely at my pictures. Mine looks like a sliver of wood with wings attached. I don't think simply expecting the product to look like a mosquito, especially given the price + an 8 month delay is being obsessive. Yours looks like what I was expecting. I appreciate you sharing the photo, that's what I was looking to find out.

I would not accept it. Looks like it has a smooth edge with no defining body outline, head or legs. Yep, get it replaced or refunded.

#4852 4 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Unsure if you looked closely at my pictures. Mine looks like a sliver of wood with wings attached. I don't think simply expecting the product to look like a mosquito, especially given the price + an 8 month delay is being obsessive. Yours looks like what I was expecting. I appreciate you sharing the photo, that's what I was looking to find out.

Yours is definitely not right

#4853 4 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

I agree...yours does like kind of odd compared with mine. I guess I never really looked closely at mine for mosquito authenticity I'm not really a custom shooter guy in general...mine came with a NOB JB I purchased (so I guess I got lucky that it looks good).

#4854 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Can't believe people obsess over shit like this...legs, proboscis, wtf?

I don't understand the obsession with replacing shooter knobs. It's a PITA to accurately plunge when you're grabbing a sword or guitar or sculpted head or whatever... At least the amber knob has a more normal shape.

#4855 4 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

I don't understand the obsession with replacing shooter knobs. It's a PITA to accurately plunge when you're grabbing a sword or guitar or sculpted head or whatever... At least the amber knob has a more normal shape.

Not normally my thing but JP Amber rod is pretty cool

#4856 4 years ago

here is a picture of my knob I received back in October. Legs are pretty visible

D29DA148-7CAB-4914-B1CC-640B17BECAAD (resized).jpegD29DA148-7CAB-4914-B1CC-640B17BECAAD (resized).jpeg
#4857 4 years ago

I put together a new alternate translite for the Data East game but I thought it might be fun for this version as well as I know some folks dont like the premium translite to much. Realizing the actors really dont apply I also made a DINO only version with the jeep.

JP STERN CAST PST (resized).jpgJP STERN CAST PST (resized).jpgSTERN DINO ONLY JEEP PST (resized).jpgSTERN DINO ONLY JEEP PST (resized).jpgjp ON PREM (resized).jpgjp ON PREM (resized).jpgstern JP on PRO (resized).jpgstern JP on PRO (resized).jpg
#4858 4 years ago

Man, I am missing my JP. Insurance has it in storage until we rebuild or until we settle up on personal property money.

#4859 4 years ago

Thanks to all you guys above for providing feedback and pics. I ended up letting my support contact at Stern know and he thoroughly agreed that what I got was in no way up to the standards of the quality they expect. I now know that I'm not crazy aka the amber shooter I received is not what it was intended to be. So, he's going to have a new one, personally inspected beforehand sent out to me (as time permits with what's going these days of course). That's amazing customer service in my opinion. I'm very thankful for the level of support Stern continues to provide. You guys simply spending the time to reply with your thoughts and pics was beyond helpful. Hopefully I just got a bad one and those who finally receive theirs from this latest run aren't like mine. More pics for good measure in case it helps:

IMG_20200324_130301 (resized).jpgIMG_20200324_130301 (resized).jpgIMG_20200324_130318 (resized).jpgIMG_20200324_130318 (resized).jpgIMG_20200324_130329 (resized).jpgIMG_20200324_130329 (resized).jpg
#4860 4 years ago

So was Stern able to complete any of the Premium orders before having to shut down their line last week or is there still a back log?

#4861 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

So was Stern able to complete any of the Premium orders before having to shut down their line last week or is there still a back log?

Last week I was told that the plan was to fill all the backlogged Premium orders over the next two weeks but then they shut down the factory the next day so I guess we'll have to wait.

#4862 4 years ago
Quoted from Dahawk007:

here is a picture of my knob...[quoted image]

...insert Anthony Weiner joke here [ ].....

#4863 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

My understanding is that those that ordered through distributors most likely got there's as they were filling those orders first and that the main backlogged was Stern Rewards games. I'm sure there are still some that bought through a distributor that may have missed out though. I bought mine through rewards Jan 1. Was supposed to be Feb at first, then pushed to April. I'm guessing some time in the summer now

#4864 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:My understanding is that those that ordered through distributors most likely got there's as they were filling those orders first and that the main backlogged was Stern Rewards games. I'm sure there are still some that bought through a distributor that may have missed out though. I bought mine through rewards Jan 1. Was supposed to be Feb at first, then pushed to April. I'm guessing some time in the summer now

Yeah... we got your Stern Reward!

#4865 4 years ago

(I’ve been hacked)

#4866 4 years ago

Just brought home a premium. Are there any other ramp decals other than cointaker/tilt graphics?

#4867 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

My understanding is that those that ordered through distributors most likely got there's as they were filling those orders first and that the main backlogged was Stern Rewards games. I'm sure there are still some that bought through a distributor that may have missed out though. I bought mine through rewards Jan 1. Was supposed to be Feb at first, then pushed to April. I'm guessing some time in the summer now

I feel your pain... I've had my order since Dec 17th. I finally received word from IFPA that our games were supposed to ship out within 2 weeks, but then Stern shut down the factory like a day or two after that. Hopefully we'll get them within a couple weeks of when they re-open? Probably be a couple of months though if I had to guess.

#4868 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I feel your pain... I've had my order since Dec 17th. I finally received word from IFPA that our games were supposed to ship out within 2 weeks, but then Stern shut down the factory like a day or two after that. Hopefully we'll get them within a couple weeks of when they re-open? Probably be a couple of months though if I had to guess.

I'm just keeping my fingers crossed we don't go to the back of the line again. If so, I may just give in and get a Pro or play the Pro on route and save the $$$ for another title or something non-pinball related at this point. Really want my game but I've never been a "pre-order" person and this is starting to give me BOP 2.0 initial kit nightmares again. I was first in on that and it drained me so much that after getting the kit I could never enjoy it and sold the game less than a month later. Yeah, I know, first world problems...

#4869 4 years ago

LE 316 reporting here. Got this game 4 weeks ago new in box from a friend who just had not the time. Really happy with it. Had to make a lot of adjustments and node board was broken. That was replaced by the distributor. Now all is fine. Amber shooter is the best ever! I have one with a sort of mosquito.

20200326_104248 (resized).jpg20200326_104248 (resized).jpg20200326_104303 (resized).jpg20200326_104303 (resized).jpg
#4870 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

They did make a run. Not sure if all dealer backorders were filled. We did squeak ours out of there last Friday before they closed since were local. We have ONE spare to sell if anyone is looking.
[email protected] or 630-792-8910

#4871 4 years ago

timlah79 who did you speak to at Stern? Just received my shooter knob as well with the same shitty looking bug but support told me to live with it.

IMG_2333 (resized).jpegIMG_2333 (resized).jpeg
#4872 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

timlah79 who did you speak to at Stern? Just received my shooter knob as well with the same shitty looking bug but support told me to live with it.[quoted image]

After these incidents I’m betting this will be the end of Stern Making the amber shooter

#4873 4 years ago

Wow I wanted one, but wow now I don't. Fuck it

#4874 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

After these incidents I’m betting this will be the end of Stern Making the amber shooter

i have heard they are done with it

#4875 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

i have heard they are done with it

False, they are not done with them. Just got a bunch in and they all looked pretty nice. Guys, understand this is a real bug. They are all going to look different. They will not be in there picture perfect. I think they are pretty slick... especially once installed and lit up.

#4876 4 years ago

I would be shocked if mine was a real bug. It looks like a piece of metal.

#4877 4 years ago
Quoted from Hemispheres:

False, they are not done with them. Just got a bunch in and they all looked pretty nice. Guys, understand this is a real bug. They are all going to look different. They will not be in there picture perfect. I think they are pretty slick... especially once installed and lit up.

I hope that you've seen some new ones that actually look like mosquitoes, not what mine looks like. I've already seen pics from 3 other people that look identical to mine. You can't sell a product like that with completely different qualities. I understand there should be minor differences as that's of course what they would be realistically. However these knobs should all at least look like mosquitoes, mounted correctly, not slivers of bark with wings, tiny off-set to the side of the mold. It's clear that previous production runs were what people expected. So based on that, the price tag, initial proven design, let alone those like me who have waited 8 months, what is being sent out today is unacceptable IMO.

#4878 4 years ago
Quoted from Hemispheres:

Many of us own them we know what they look like!

#4879 4 years ago

I can't imagine it's easy to source crane flies in the winter. I wonder what the substitute insect is?

#4880 4 years ago

I'm in! (Premium)
Well I just placed my order anyway It was in stock, so hopefully, it won't take too long to ship.

#4881 4 years ago

Here is my original run shooter. Thought it always looked good. Maybe Stern has changed their approach?

20200327_133403 (resized).jpg20200327_133403 (resized).jpg20200327_133410 (resized).jpg20200327_133410 (resized).jpg20200327_133438 (resized).jpg20200327_133438 (resized).jpg
#4882 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

timlah79 who did you speak to at Stern? Just received my shooter knob as well with the same shitty looking bug but support told me to live with it.[quoted image]

I received mine yesterday and sadly it looks identical to yours. So disappointing after waiting for so long. I contacted Stern and am waiting for a reply. The mosquito looks nothing like how it was original advertised, how it passed QC is beyond me.

#4883 4 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

I received mine yesterday and sadly it looks identical to yours. So disappointing after waiting for so long. I contacted Stern and am waiting for a reply. The mosquito looks nothing like how it was original advertised, how it passed QC is beyond me.

That really sucks.....not cool Stern.

#4884 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Here is my original run shooter. Thought it always looked good. Maybe Stern has changed their approach?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Stern told me the guy who did the original run did not want to continue the project so they found someone else to do it and they look different for sure.

#4885 4 years ago

So your saying there is QC?

#4886 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Stern told me the guy who did the original run did not want to continue the project so they found someone else to do it and they look different for sure.

So IMO it's one thing to change vendors/production of an item, but it's quite another to sell it as the same product when there are clearly innate differences b/t the runs. From the pics I've seen from multiple people from different runs, it's basically not the same product anymore. To think that whoever at Stern thought the new 'look' would even pass as a 'mosquito' as advertised is beyond me. The new run does not reflect the original product description which is still alive and reads: "Our shooter knob and rod is crowned with an egg-shaped amber globe, housing a suspended fossilized *mosquito*..." https://shop.sternpinball.com/collections/accessories/products/jurassic-park-shooter-knob

The bottom line is the 'bug' inside now is not a 'mosquito' so they shouldn't be touting it as such. It makes me wonder if Stern intended on using a very low res product pic from the get go. This is the image they've had and still have today. I have pretty good eyesight. Can you even tell what it's supposed to look like inside of the amber? This is their actual .jpg file on the site (highest res, unedited version you can download/view from the product posting, not a thumbnail):
JP_Shooter_on_game_1070x1070_crop_center (resized).jpgJP_Shooter_on_game_1070x1070_crop_center (resized).jpg

#4887 4 years ago

Stern probably thinks this is another case of extreme nitpicking, but a purely cosmetic mod needs to, umm, actually look good. If people didn't care what the bug looked like, they'd just keep the factory black knob.

#4888 4 years ago

Here’s what mine look like. Crazy the difference.

380A2BCD-0291-4A6C-B7FA-4740DCF15935 (resized).jpeg380A2BCD-0291-4A6C-B7FA-4740DCF15935 (resized).jpegC6FB347C-D0D9-49B1-BC41-E4F78A493D8C (resized).jpegC6FB347C-D0D9-49B1-BC41-E4F78A493D8C (resized).jpeg
#4889 4 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

So IMO it's one thing to change vendors/production of an item, but it's quite another to sell it as the same product when there are clearly innate differences b/t the runs. From the pics I've seen from multiple people from different runs, it's basically not the same product anymore. To think that whoever at Stern thought the new 'look' would even pass as a 'mosquito' as advertised is beyond me. The new run does not reflect the original product description which is still alive and reads: "Our shooter knob and rod is crowned with an egg-shaped amber globe, housing a suspended fossilized *mosquito*..." https://shop.sternpinball.com/collections/accessories/products/jurassic-park-shooter-knob
The bottom line is the 'bug' inside now is not a 'mosquito' so they shouldn't be touting it as such. It makes me wonder if Stern intended on using a very low res product pic from the get go. This is the image they've had and still have today. I have pretty good eyesight. Can you even tell what it's supposed to look like inside of the amber? This is their actual .jpg file on the site (highest res, unedited version you can download/view from the product posting, not a thumbnail):
[quoted image]

Doesn't sound like anyone is disagreeing with you. Why don't you return the shooter if you are unhappy with it? Unlike a pinball machine, shipping is really straightforward. I can't imagine they won't take this back if you are unhappy.

#4890 4 years ago

> 16. Favorite Pinball Mod of 2019: Jurassic Park Amber Shooter Rod (Stern)

Can't believe this won favorite pinball mod of 2019. From my perspective, PinWoofer deserves this...

#4891 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Doesn't sound like anyone is disagreeing with you. Why don't you return the shooter if you are unhappy with it? Unlike a pinball machine, shipping is really straightforward. I can't imagine they won't take this back if you are unhappy.

Being in Australia adds significant cost to shipping it back. If Stern ship me a new(correct) one and cover the cost of shipping the old one back then no worries.

#4892 4 years ago

Being in Australia adds significant cost to shipping it back. If Stern ship me a new(correct) one and cover the cost of shipping the old one back then no worries.

Based on the info in this thread, it looks like Stern changed suppliers and "it is what it is". Other solutions are: kick back some of the purchase price, or pay for your shipping (to return it). It's a really "low ticket" item and I can't imagine Stern won't take care of you guys on this!

#4893 4 years ago

Just got our Premium in and set up yesterday.
Two quick questions that I’m sure are answered in this thread someplace already.
1. Where should the tip of the upper flipper point to on the black post below it?
Ours is set from the factory off to the right so that when a ball comes around it will pop off the post. Is that normal?

2. Balls are getting wedged under the helicopter blades. Best way to fix?

Otherwise a fantastic game right out of the box.

#4894 4 years ago

Mine had balls wedge in the helicopter blades too. One problem was that the microswitch didn’t have any nuts on the 2-56 screws. In the photo I am replacing the nut-less 2-56 screws with M2 machine screws with nuts. Before the fix the microswitch would work it’s way up and interfere with the balls/helicopter blades. Let us know if you have missing nuts.
B87F523E-6746-413B-BEF5-17820D96FC43 (resized).jpegB87F523E-6746-413B-BEF5-17820D96FC43 (resized).jpeg

#4895 4 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Two quick questions that I’m sure are answered in this thread someplace already.
1. Where should the tip of the upper flipper point to on the black post below it?
Ours is set from the factory off to the right so that when a ball comes around it will pop off the post. Is that normal?

That's how mine was from the factory.
One piece of advice I would give is, go through your entire machine and double-check that every post is tight.

#4896 4 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

That flipper alignment is as designed. Here's what Keith Elwin posted about lining up flippers with the alignment holes:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/96#post-5516155

#4897 4 years ago

Got my JP premium back up and running - after 175 plays, it went down from a soldering issue in T-Rex jaw
Wrote about the solve here
https://thepinballloft.com/2020/03/27/the-park-is-closed/

Got back to playing it albeit after dressing up like a doctor
Wrote about that here
https://thepinballloft.com/2020/03/29/pandemic/

This game is simply amazing - a masterpiece of:
- Targeted shots that make you a better player
- Combos that (when hit right) deliver crazy speed
- Killer sound and great score ... gotta have a sub
- Great but simple PF art
- Rules that I mostly understand
- Huge variety of gameplay
- Neblar challenge mode to practice all the toughest shots

Now ... if I could only hit that "O" shot reliably

IMG_7594 (resized).jpgIMG_7594 (resized).jpg
#4898 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

> 16. Favorite Pinball Mod of 2019: Jurassic Park Amber Shooter Rod (Stern)
Can't believe this won favorite pinball mod of 2019. From my perspective, PinWoofer deserves this...

Or even pinshaker. I was not happy with the mod choices

#4899 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Or even pinshaker. I was not happy with the mod choices

But it's a public vote. More people disagreed with your opinion. End of.

Did it REALLY make you 'not happy'? How has it affected your life that the choices made weren't the same as yours?

#4900 4 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

2. Balls are getting wedged under the helicopter blades. Best way to fix?
Otherwise a fantastic game right out of the box.

As far as the pinball getting lodged on the helicopter blades, I noticed that same thing on my machine when I got it.
What I found was that underneath the playfield, the post that comes from the helicopter blades (that spins) was binding on the edge of the hole that it travels through. You'll see that associated with this spinning helicopter mechanism there is a somewhat adjustable nut under the playfield that you can adjust to move that post just a hair, and give it more space to spin without binding on the edge of that playfield hole. That should probably take care of it.
Keep us posted

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aldie, VA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinhead mods

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 9,218 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 185.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/98?hl=cthomas1998 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.