(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,218 posts
  • 803 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by scootss
  • Topic is favorited by 439 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1098 (resized).png
B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_030524583 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,218 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 185.
#4801 4 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

I assume im not the first to notice keith elwins picture in the control room animation right?

He’s so cute with his pipe!

#4802 4 years ago

Have an huo LE for sale, send pm if you have interest.

It has an playfield protector on it (installed by freddy pinball paradise)

Only accept bankwire

#4803 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

He’s so cute with his pipe!

Very dapper

#4804 4 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

I assume im not the first to notice keith elwins picture in the control room animation right?

Just to add to the easter egg. In the original JP film Nedry's computer has a small photo of Oppenheimer smoking a pipe and a post-it note above it with a drawing of a thought bubble with a mushroom cloud in it.

#4805 4 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

No... but you might possibly be the last!!

#4806 4 years ago

Is Stern still planning to restock the shooter rod (with LEDs) soon or was that just a rumor?

#4807 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

No... but you might possibly be the last!!

Well played

#4808 4 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

Have an huo LE for sale, send pm if you have interest.
It has an playfield protector on it (installed by freddy pinball paradise)
Only accept bankwire

selling it so fast???

#4809 4 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

selling it so fast???

He has it locally for sale since end of January but is asking like usd 4000 more than new price ......

#4810 4 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

I also noticed his picture in the control room clip. Congrats on the JP, it's a great game. Your game room is looking great, awesome lineup, you're all set for quarantine!

#4811 4 years ago

Hi All,

For those that bought the barbasol can and hate the clicking sound , there is a quiet board option. I just got one of them for my batman/ heli mod and very happy. My 2 machines happen to be a few feet away from my tv/living room so it's quiet bothersome . Soon to be very quiet 50% completed.

Let me know if interested about 20 available for now.

Have a good night.

#4812 4 years ago

Hi All,
For those that bought the barbasol can and hate the clicking sound , there is a quiet board option. I just got one of them for my batman/ heli mod and very happy. My 2 machines happen to be a few feet away from my tv/living room so it's quiet bothersome . Soon to be very quiet 50% completed.
Let me know if interested about 20 available for now.
Have a good night.

VERY interested!

#4813 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

VERY interested!

Cool....will add you to the list.

#4814 4 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

He has it locally for sale since end of January but is asking like usd 4000 more than new price ......

But that is the going price in Europe. I doubt he's intending to sell it to someone in the US.

UK price is £8,995 for a prem (no LEs available) = $10,700

A Stranger Things LE is £10,495 = $12,500.

I don't think you realise just how much cheaper machines are in the US compared to Europe.

#4815 4 years ago

I am based in Europe NL so know pricing .

Regular pricing on a LE is like 10Keur and he is asking like 14Keur

Biggest reason for the huge price difference is the 21% VAT we have and US doesn’t.

#4816 4 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

I am based in Europe NL so know pricing .
Regular pricing on a LE is like 10Keur and he is asking like 14Keur
Biggest reason for the huge price difference is the 21% VAT we have and US doesn’t.

10k eur = £9,200

I've just told you that an LE is £10,500 in the UK - from the ONLY distributor - so that would equate to 11,400 Euro.

mainland Europe is cheaper than the UK, but still nowhere near as cheap as the US.

#4817 4 years ago

Cool....will add you to the list.

We have the pricing to build it to go into your machine with ease. $25.00 includes shipping. Working on building them now. Batman was a little easier so if people have that mod and want it quiet it will be $20.00

Hope that helps.

It sure is nice not have those things going off in attract mode...was like 2 crickets doing the nasty.

#4818 4 years ago

Ugh. This appears to be way to common of a problem ... just 2 weeks old

IMG_7526 (resized).jpgIMG_7526 (resized).jpg
#4819 4 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Ugh. This appears to be way to common of a problem ... just 2 weeks old[quoted image]

Double check that you didn’t update with a pro code

#4820 4 years ago

Still no news about an official topper.. come on Stern, don’t pull another Star Wars topper debacle.

#4821 4 years ago

Have any premiums been delivered this week? Still patiently waiting on mine (for the 5th month in a row).

#4822 4 years ago

Are any of the premiums from the most recent batch having playfield finish issues or has this been fixed?

#4823 4 years ago
Quoted from _KTM_:

Are any of the premiums from the most recent batch having playfield finish issues or has this been fixed?

I think playfield finish issues were fixed before premiums came out. Got mine a long time ago and I have no problems.

#4824 4 years ago
Quoted from Quadrat:

I think playfield finish issues were fixed before premiums came out. Got mine a long time ago and I have no problems.

yea, I have not seen or heard about premium problems

#4825 4 years ago
Quoted from _KTM_:

Aye aye captain no problem here

#4826 4 years ago

Gently used one in south Florida by Dave, on the Village Now...perhaps here....Premium $6800

http://villagebbs.com/forum/index.php?topic=43865.0

#4827 4 years ago
Quoted from _KTM_:

No playfield issues at all. Clear is not too thick either so dimpling is very much reduced. Blast to play, very challenging shots and a target shooter of a game.So many unique shots!

I Had a few minor issues with mine right out of the box - Nedry outlane switch was factory too tight and left apron LED board feeder wire had the Z connector installed wrong. Played maybe a hundred games and lost node board #9 - game is unplayable at the moment as Stern ships a new board.
Eager to get back at it again!

Wrote about the game here
https://thepinballloft.com/
IMG_7433 (resized).jpgIMG_7433 (resized).jpg

#4828 4 years ago
Quoted from Quadrat:

Unfortunately this isn't true. There were some JP premiums with some PF chipping issues. Mine included (build date 10-21-19). I'm currently waiting for a promised replacement playfield. Stern is doing the right thing for me. For this reason I will continue to buy Stern premiums

#4829 4 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Unfortunately this isn't true. There were some JP premiums with some PF chipping issues. Mine included (build date 10-21-19). I'm currently waiting for a promised replacement playfield. Stern is doing the right thing for me. For this reason I will continue to buy Stern premiums

If you don't mind me asking, where was the chipping at? Was it at the post by the upper flipper? The reason I ask was I think I would have had it there if I didn't check and tighten the post a few times. The post takes a beating. I saw a Pro that had chipping there but the post was very loose.

#4830 4 years ago

No problems whatsoever on my LE. And, it's a great game.

#4831 4 years ago

We are deciding what color Titans to put on our JP. If you have done dark blue, light blue or green could you please post some photos for us!

Thanks

#4832 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

We are deciding what color Titans to put on our JP. If you have done dark blue, light blue or green could you please post some photos for us!
Thanks

I bought a sample large pack to fix up my pins. I had yellow and red and those are not good. They show off the grime. Love Titan!!!!

Green for my JP.
Purple for my BM66

#4833 4 years ago

I bought a sample large pack to fix up my pins. I had yellow and red and those are not good. They show off the grime. Love Titan!!!!
Green for my JP.
Purple for my BM66

I am thinking green, my wife likes dark blue.

All titans except black show the grime. You just have to clean them more often!

We have purple on our BM66. looks awesome

15848445189742607509116739193197 (resized).jpg15848445189742607509116739193197 (resized).jpg
#4834 4 years ago

Can anyone with Stern's amber lit shooter knob advise on where the plug attached to??

#4835 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Can anyone with Stern's amber lit shooter knob advise on where the plug attached to??

CN 15 on the cabinet board, left inside

#4836 4 years ago

since you seem to not read the other JP thread here we go:
600 games, clearcoat is damaged at the upper flippers post.
The post was never loose, because i always checked it!
Build date = Dec. 17. 2019

For the post sleeve i just can recommend PerfectPlay "thin" post sleeves, since the other ones have extreme repound.
https://pu-parts.com/perfectplay-silicone-thin-post-sleeve-1-1-16_9

#4837 4 years ago

New member of the club here...
JPP Born on: 2/24/2020 (shipped with the latest code)
Picked up at FedEx Freight (couldn't wait the weekend): 3/6/2020
Took me this long to get through 97 pages of posts!

Already got most of the Mezel Mods; Raptor tower, Barbasol can, Raptor pen, plastic protectors (these look great BTW, orange tinted), all the faux stone signs, and the shooter lane protector. Thanks to this thread also ended up getting Pteranodon from Amazon (yet to arrive), and the SuperKit from PinWoofer (great, highly recommend).

With only 333 games played, still getting the flippers dialed in;
Upper right: aligned such that ball just kisses the post, power 215
Right aligned tip to dimple, power 235
Left aligned tip to dimple, power 225
Play field slope set at 7.0° (again, would have never known if the great folks of this thread didn't share the information, I mean the bubble level on the machine is nowhere close!!)

I think I just saw that the flippers (lower) should be slightly sagging, can anyone confirm that this position is better? Thinking of 3D printing a flipper alignment tool; we are talking 1-2° here, tough to do by eye.

Did the launch ramp fix (added 3 washers under the left side). Did some slow-motion videos and the ball would hit the left side the ramp and then air ball after the slope change and hit the helipad return above, loose velocity and not make the half-pipe. With the fix it's >90%. Thanks for the fix.

My latest find, that I haven't seen mentioned here, is the helipad micro-switch screws didn't have any nuts! So a problem would manifest where the switch would work it's way up and start to interfere with the helicopter blades. Took out the factory bolts and replaced with M2 bolts and nuts and works great since. I've seen several others state helicopter rotor problems, I would check the micro-switch such that it isn't loose like mine.

Anyway, great thread, great game, great folks...Thanks!

#4838 4 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

New member of the club here...
JPP Born on: 2/24/2020 (shipped with the latest code)
Picked up at FedEx Freight (couldn't wait the weekend): 3/6/2020
Took me this long to get through 97 pages of posts!
Already got most of the Mezel Mods; Raptor tower, Barbasol can, Raptor pen, plastic protectors (these look great BTW, orange tinted), all the faux stone signs, and the shooter lane protector. Thanks to this thread also ended up getting Pteranodon from Amazon (yet to arrive), and the SuperKit from PinWoofer (great, highly recommend).
With only 333 games played, still getting the flippers dialed in;
Upper right: aligned such that ball just kisses the post, power 215
Right aligned tip to dimple, power 235
Left aligned tip to dimple, power 225
Play field slope set at 7.0° (again, would have never known if the great folks of this thread didn't share the information, I mean the bubble level on the machine is nowhere close!!)
I think I just saw that the flippers (lower) should be slightly sagging, can anyone confirm that this position is better? Thinking of 3D printing a flipper alignment tool; we are talking 1-2° here, tough to do by eye.
Did the launch ramp fix (added 3 washers under the left side). Did some slow-motion videos and the ball would hit the left side the ramp and then air ball after the slope change and hit the helipad return above, loose velocity and not make the half-pipe. With the fix it's >90%. Thanks for the fix.
My latest find, that I haven't seen mentioned here, is the helipad micro-switch screws didn't have any nuts! So a problem would manifest where the switch would work it's way up and start to interfere with the helicopter blades. Took out the factory bolts and replaced with M2 bolts and nuts and works great since. I've seen several others state helicopter rotor problems, I would check the micro-switch such that it isn't loose like mine.
Anyway, great thread, great game, great folks...Thanks!

Welcome to the group/club.

I can think of a few more mods....haha.

#4839 4 years ago

Just reported the following defect to Stern following an upgrade of my LE from .97 to 1.00. I think someone else mentioned something similar on this forum but can't find it at the moment.

Previous versions of the code have the lower left post come up and stay up for a few seconds, then it would drop, allowing for proper aiming of the smart missile target. In V 1.00 (and possibly .98 which I skipped) the post pops up randomly at some point with the ball nowhere near and then immediately drops, resulting in the smart missile missing 100% of the time.

#4840 4 years ago

ViperNation I also am on V1.00 and have not witnessed this problem, but I’ll keep a look out.

#4841 4 years ago
Quoted from ViperNation:

Just reported the following defect to Stern following an upgrade of my LE from .97 to 1.00. I think someone else mentioned something similar on this forum but can't find it at the moment.
Previous versions of the code have the lower left post come up and stay up for a few seconds, then it would drop, allowing for proper aiming of the smart missile target. In V 1.00 (and possibly .98 which I skipped) the post pops up randomly at some point with the ball nowhere near and then immediately drops, resulting in the smart missile missing 100% of the time.

Yep it's happened to me when a T-Rex mode is starting and smart missile is qualified, and I first noticed it after 1.00 code. Ball comes down the wire and the post pops up but drops right back down and the ball rolls through while the smart missile countdown starts. Probably a bug that they'll address.

#4842 4 years ago

Spectreman
adamross
biglaw

Barbasol Mod installed in 2 mins. If you need help let me know. Toss the jumper cable.

1st Picture is old mod and new mod. 2nd picture is mounted.

House is nice and quiet. haha.

newboard (resized).JPGnewboard (resized).JPGoldboard2 (resized).JPGoldboard2 (resized).JPG
#4843 4 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Got somewhat promising news from Stern this morning. They haven't had any stock in the past few weeks but are expecting about 50 pcs in the next week or two. So that sounds like production hasn't halted, just stalled again it seems. I'll definitely post again once I receive shipping confirmation from LSOG.

Low and behold, 8 months later I finally received my Stern Amber Shooter Rod from LSOG. I hope others are starting to get theirs too. The irony though is that the mosquito in mine just doesn't even look like a mosquito. It doesn't even have legs or a proboscis. While it looks great overall, lights work etc., I just feel underwhelmed after waiting all this time. I'm wondering this is just what all the "insects" look like? Could others share a close up pic of theirs? Pics of mine below.

IMG_20200323_200306 (resized).jpgIMG_20200323_200306 (resized).jpgIMG_20200323_200310 (resized).jpgIMG_20200323_200310 (resized).jpg
#4844 4 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Low and behold, 8 months later I finally received my Stern Amber Shooter Rod from LSOG. I hope others are starting to get theirs too. The irony though is that the mosquito in mine just doesn't even look like a mosquito. It doesn't even have legs or a proboscis. While it looks great overall, lights work etc., I just feel underwhelmed after waiting all this time. I'm wondering this is just what all the "insects" look like? Could others share a close up pic of theirs? Pics of mine below.[quoted image][quoted image]

My bug has legs but it looks dumb. The Modfather has much better bugs but the Amber Knob could use a more finished look

#4845 4 years ago

This is Modfather’s shooter rod

73BFC09A-BB38-47E1-8BF0-ADE2D35E3561 (resized).jpeg73BFC09A-BB38-47E1-8BF0-ADE2D35E3561 (resized).jpeg
#4846 4 years ago

Stern shooter rod

967F828D-F098-466E-A542-85FE23B474F5 (resized).jpeg967F828D-F098-466E-A542-85FE23B474F5 (resized).jpeg
#4847 4 years ago

I am glad I scored one of the originals now. Payed a premium but looks great

#4848 4 years ago

Here's what my original looks like. Never really looked closely, but it looks fine to me. Can't believe people obsess over shit like this...legs, proboscis, wtf?

Quoted from timlah79:

Low and behold, 8 months later I finally received my Stern Amber Shooter Rod from LSOG. I hope others are starting to get theirs too. The irony though is that the mosquito in mine just doesn't even look like a mosquito. It doesn't even have legs or a proboscis. While it looks great overall, lights work etc., I just feel underwhelmed after waiting all this time. I'm wondering this is just what all the "insects" look like? Could others share a close up pic of theirs? Pics of mine below.[quoted image][quoted image]

IMG_1362 (resized).jpegIMG_1362 (resized).jpeg
#4849 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Here's what my original looks like. Never really looked closely, but it looks fine to me. Can't believe people obsess over shit like this...legs, proboscis, wtf?
[quoted image]

Who is obsessed? I would have sent mine back to Stern and cried for days maybe weeks if I was obsessed. None of that happened in my experience

#4850 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

[quoted image]

Unsure if you looked closely at my pictures. Mine looks like a sliver of wood with wings attached. I don't think simply expecting the product to look like a mosquito, especially given the price + an 8 month delay is being obsessive. Yours looks like what I was expecting. I appreciate you sharing the photo, that's what I was looking to find out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 14.95
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aldie, VA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9,218 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 185.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/97?hl=timlah79 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.