(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,218 posts
  • 803 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by scootss
  • Topic is favorited by 439 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1098 (resized).png
B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_030524583 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,218 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 185.
#4751 4 years ago
Quoted from snappahead:

It's level, but what pitch should I have it at. I just have it at the Stern recommended setting.

Designed to be at 7 degrees pitch. Makes a significant difference.

#4752 4 years ago
Quoted from snappahead:

It's level, but what pitch should I have it at. I just have it at the Stern recommended setting.

Should be at 7

I got the number from Mike Vinikour personally at Houston Arcade Expo.. Works like a charm

#4753 4 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Okay, I'll give that a go. Thanks.

#4754 4 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

dumb question....what tool is used to measure pitch? I have just ordered a JP, but my TSPP has only a little level that doesn't give acctual pitch reading.

#4755 4 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

dumb question....what tool is used to measure pitch? I have just ordered a JP, but my TSPP has only a little level that doesn't give acctual pitch reading.

iPhone, PinGuy app (my favorite), or digital level

#4756 4 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

I bought a digital inclinometer on Amazon for pretty cheap. Similar to this one:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QVKZNRV/ref=sspa_dk_detail_1

#4757 4 years ago

Inclinometers are ok, but I would make micro adjustments on the rear leg levellers until the game plays right for you. I have never found that inclinometers were enough to set games up to my preference. In other words, save your money.

#4758 4 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Inclinometers are ok, but I would make micro adjustments on the rear leg levellers until the game plays right for you. I have never found that inclinometers were enough to set games up to my preference. In other words, save your money.

Let's agree to disagree. In addition to quickly finding the correct slope, I find it a time saver for the left/right level (both top and bottom of playfield). A bubble level looks ok but you can still be a bit off.

#4760 4 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

A digital level or inclinometer is the tool you're looking for. Here's what I use which has worked fine for me:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-10-in-Multi-Function-Standard-Digital-Level-THD9403/205999357

#4761 4 years ago

How many of you suck at playing your JP?
I do!!

#4762 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

I do!!

I did until I fixed the flipper alignment. Stern seems to ship their games with ‘saggy’ flippers. When down they should be perfectly in line with the lane guide, making a straight line. From factory they sit too low, requiring earlier shots than normal, hard to be accurate up the middle, and more difficult to trap the ball.

After adjusting mine I’m having a far better success rate hitting the right right-hand shots on the game, and the control room. My first game after adjusting them I beat my GC score. Worth it.

#4763 4 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

I did until I fixed the flipper alignment. Stern seems to ship their games with ‘saggy’ flippers. When down they should be perfectly in line with the lane guide, making a straight line. From factory they sit too low, requiring earlier shots that normal, hard to be accurate up the middle, and more difficult to trap the ball.
After adjusting mine I’m having a far better success rate hitting the right right-hand shots on the game, and the control room. My first game after adjusting them I beat my GC score. Worth it.

Nice to know. Do you put a straight edge against lane guide to achieve this?

#4764 4 years ago

I do!!

I’m in that club! It feels so good hitting shots and combos one minute and then I just lose the feel suddenly. If I could hit the right ramp consistently I’d do a lot better, but for some reason I just can’t find it very well. I hit the raptor tower, C lane and helipad a lot more reliably than the right ramp. Having tons of fun playing this game every day though!

#4765 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I’m in that club! It feels so good hitting shots and combos one minute and then I just lose the feel suddenly. If I could hit the right ramp consistently I’d do a lot better, but for some reason I just can’t find it very well. I hit the raptor tower, C lane and helipad a lot more reliably than the right ramp. Having tons of fun playing this game every day though!

Ditto! The right ramp is killer for me. I hit the ball at a certain spot on the playfield as it rolls down the flipper one time it ramps the next time it bricks. I don’t get it

#4766 4 years ago

Nice to know. Do you put a straight edge against lane guide to achieve this?

Anything straight and short enough will do the trick.

#4767 4 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

Anything straight and short enough will do the trick.

Cool! Thank you, I will definitely give it a shot.

#4768 4 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

I did until I fixed the flipper alignment. Stern seems to ship their games with ‘saggy’ flippers. When down they should be perfectly in line with the lane guide, making a straight line. From factory they sit too low, requiring earlier shots than normal, hard to be accurate up the middle, and more difficult to trap the ball.

The 'saggy' flippers are aligned for maximum power to side shots and minimum power to the truck. Not all flippers on all games should be in line with the ball guides. Only Steve does that because he likes backhand shots and easy traps. It's your game to align the flippers as you wish but both JP and Maiden uses "flopped" flippers for the side shots on purpose.

#4769 4 years ago

Would aligning the middle tip of the flipper bat to the alignment holes give the intended factory position?

#4770 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Would aligning the middle tip of the flipper bat to the alignment holes give the intended factory position?

Correct for the bottom flippers. Top flipper the hole aligns to the top of the bat.

#4771 4 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

Correct for the bottom flippers. Top flipper the hole aligns to the top of the bat.

Perfect, thank you sir!!!

#4772 4 years ago

I do!!

The shots are tight. If you are on you are on but when you are off, game is frustrating. Bricked shot after bricked shot with no points and there are no stand ups next to the ramps to give you bonuses or multiplyers.

#4773 4 years ago

If anyones interested..I made a few Jurassic Toppers.

$175.00 shipped US only.

PM if you are interested.
Thanks

#4774 4 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

The 'saggy' flippers are aligned for maximum power to side shots and minimum power to the truck. Not all flippers on all games should be in line with the ball guides. Only Steve does that because he likes backhand shots and easy traps. It's your game to align the flippers as you wish but both JP and Maiden uses "flopped" flippers for the side shots on purpose.

Thanks! Now I know I just need to play better. No excuses

#4775 4 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

Good to know, straight from the source. I have personally been finding the control room and helipad shots easier to make now that I've aligned the flippers with the lane guides. And I do like easier traps (e.g., it's much easier to catch the ball from the control room feed, whereas before it would sometimes bounce STDM after hitting a raised flipper). So I may leave it, but knowing that it's not 'correct' is making me consider reverting back to factory.

#4776 4 years ago

In the middle of a game tonight I hit the first three shots of the skill shot on a new ball and when the ball came down the wire from the raptor tower the smart missile shot started, so I couldn't take the shot at the O lane to complete the skill shot. I hit abort smart missile hoping the lane would stay lit for it but it didn't. I'm 99% sure I only had a 1% chance of making the fourth shot, but still... Anyone else notice this happen?

#4777 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

In the middle of a game tonight I hit the first three shots of the skill shot on a new ball and when the ball came down the wire from the raptor tower the smart missile shot started, so I couldn't take the shot at the O lane to complete the skill shot. I hit abort smart missile hoping the lane would stay lit for it but it didn't. I'm 99% sure I only had a 1% chance of making the fourth shot, but still... Anyone else notice this happen?

I didn't even realize there was a 4th shot to the skill shot until this weekend....as I had never hit the 3rd phase of it until then.

#4778 4 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I didn't even realize there was a 4th shot to the skill shot until this weekend....as I had never hit the 3rd phase of it until then.

The 4th shot was added to the skill shot combo in version 1.0, as well as another skill shot but it's a matter of finding them

From the 1.00 update:
- Skill Shot - added Ultra Super Skill Shot which starts a special hidden feature for that player's game
- Skill Shot - added MXV Skill Shot

#4779 4 years ago

I have made the last skillshot several times but haven’t seen any special hidden feature?

#4780 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Yep.

I’ve hit the fourth shot a few times but have been thwarted by the smart missile a few times as well.... a little frustrating. It’s literally a ‘single line of code’ kind of fix.

#4781 4 years ago
Quoted from Aetos:

I have made the last skillshot several times but haven’t seen any special hidden feature?

I’ve hit it only once or twice and also wasn’t able to figure out what the added feature was. I’m guessing I didn’t make it far enough in the game to find out.

#4782 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I’ve hit it only once or twice and also wasn’t able to figure out what the added feature was. I’m guessing I didn’t make it far enough in the game to find out.

If you're talking about the new 4th shot in the skill shot involving the O lane (left ramp, right ramp, side "ramp", and O lane), you get an audio and video callout and an extra bonus. I forgot what it's called exactly, but it's a something like a double-super skill shot. It's hard to miss but the ball does have to make it cleanly up through the O lane and trip the right orbit opto to register.

#4783 4 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

If you're talking about the new 4th shot in the skill shot involving the O lane (left ramp, right ramp, side "ramp", and O lane), you get an audio and video callout and an extra bonus. I forgot what it's called exactly, but it's a something like a double-super skill shot. It's hard to miss but the ball does have to make it cleanly up through the O lane and trip the right orbit opto to register.

That could be all there is. The release notes for 1.00 said the following so I’ve been thinking there’s more to it.

- Skill Shot - added Ultra Super Skill Shot which starts a special hidden feature for that player's game

#4784 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

That could be all there is. The release notes for 1.00 said the following so I’ve been thinking there’s more to it.

It’s hidden!

#4785 4 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

It's the triple super skill shot.

Left ramp - skill shot (worth 2M initially and value increases by 1M for any skill shot made)
Right ramp - super skill shot (worth 2x skill shot)
Side ramp - double super skill shot (worth 4x skill shot)
Right orbit - triple super skill shot (worth 6x skill shot)

#4786 4 years ago

Anybody else having any freezing of the game or resets? I've had it freeze a few times at the beginning of T Rex Multiball (when the T Rex picture is full in the display). Then today I had a great game going (of course) and everything shutdown on the playfield...all the lights, etc. The backbox lights stayed on. Display was blank as well. The game didn't start again. I had to cycle the game off and on to get it to clear. Anyone? Running the newest code.

Thanks.

#4787 4 years ago

Joined Saturday, great game! Finally tried the challenge and I’m satisfied with my first completion!

972EE90E-28BD-4D69-A87D-8239CF3D7441 (resized).jpeg972EE90E-28BD-4D69-A87D-8239CF3D7441 (resized).jpeg
#4788 4 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

It's the triple super skill shot.
Left ramp - skill shot (worth 2M initially and value increases by 1M for any skill shot made)
Right ramp - super skill shot (worth 2x skill shot)
Side ramp - double super skill shot (worth 4x skill shot)
Right orbit - triple super skill shot (worth 6x skill shot)

Thx for posting this.

Read it, and then 5 minutes ago and on my first game tonight, on first plunge ... nailed it.
Also first time EVER hitting this combo and probably the last time for a while!! What a rush!!

I know why it's called triple super - I find that "O" lane/orbit super challenging for me out of all the shots

#4789 4 years ago

Aligned my flippers like Mr. Elwin instructed, main bats (not the rubber) centered on the dots, right upper bat top with the dot.. man the flow is so smooth now. I made it all the way to the paddock right before the visitor center taking the right outside path... I will get there!!! One day...

#4790 4 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

I spotted the Quicksilver too and I wondered how your resto was going ... clearly ya spending too much time playing JP

Haha, I’ve kept a semi updated log on AA, but yep, you’re mostly correct. Cab is nearly all done (wiring, boards etc), I’ll start repopulating the new playfield soon.

#4791 4 years ago

I made it to king of the island for the first time yesterday wow!

#4792 4 years ago

Just got word my shooter is finally being delivered... what a wait! Almost forgot about it.

#4793 4 years ago

Just seemed fitting to post this here.....

FB_IMG_1583968954675 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1583968954675 (resized).jpg
#4794 4 years ago

This is my first pin and the more I play it and the better I get the more fun it is. Tonight I started T-Rex Chase and Raptor Tri-Ball at the same time. Holy crap! It was so much fun and the points run up really fast! Turned out to be my best game yet.

2E1A8E37-E41C-4142-ADBF-98E43064FD09 (resized).jpeg2E1A8E37-E41C-4142-ADBF-98E43064FD09 (resized).jpeg
#4795 4 years ago
Quoted from JP76:

This is my first pin and the more I play it and the better I get the more fun it is. Tonight I started T-Rex Chase and Raptor Tri-Ball at the same time. Holy crap! It was so much fun and the points run up really fast! Turned out to be my best game yet.[quoted image]

Nice! I’m new to it as well. Need to learn what modes are good for stacking.

#4796 4 years ago

Just joined! Build date of feb 25th

20200313_173715 (resized).jpg20200313_173715 (resized).jpg
#4797 4 years ago

Love this game! Really rounded out the collection. I think i have my keeper lineup! (For now!!)

20200313_183547 (resized).jpg20200313_183547 (resized).jpg
#4798 4 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Love this game! Really rounded out the collection. I think i have my keeper lineup! (For now!!)[quoted image]

O-H-I-O
Nice line up

#4799 4 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Love this game! Really rounded out the collection. I think i have my keeper lineup! (For now!!)[quoted image]

Wish I had the room.

If so Deadpool, IM for sure. AFM to round it out. JP and BM66 I love.

Great Line Up!!

#4800 4 years ago

I assume im not the first to notice keith elwins picture in the control room animation right?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinhead mods

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

There are 9,218 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 185.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/96?hl=per3per3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.