(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,221 posts
  • 803 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 hours ago by scootss
  • Topic is favorited by 439 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1098 (resized).png
B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_030524583 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,221 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 185.
#4651 4 years ago
Quoted from HurryUpPinball:

I’ll raise it up and give it a shot. Thanks Fooflighter!

Sure thing, you can test it by putting the ball there and just pull up until it just rolls through...It is an angled one way gate, like the pops gate and Keith said that one allows ball travel under both ways by design, so I figure a once in a while roll back down the Spinner lane isn't that bad...hardly ever happens but prevents the annoying stuck ball

#4652 4 years ago

Looking for a LE, anybody wanting to sell there's, if not maybe i have to get a premium.

#4653 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Does anyone know if there’s a relatively easy way to take the wire off the gate and put it back on? I’ve looked at this cradle spot on my machine and it seems like bending the bottom of the wire down so it doesn’t extend out so far while also bending the U-shape that keeps it locked in the gate (to allow it to pivot up more for balls to pass under it) could eliminate the cradle spot for balls sticking there.
But it seems like there isn’t an easy way to get the wire off it to do the bending, and I tried bending it in place but it was a bit dicey doing that.

When I was monkeying with mine before I made the realization that all I had to do was lift the gate up a little bit I used some needle nose pliers and was able to take wire out that way..problem with bending the gate down and I think the reason they made it this way was to prevent ball rattling and allow a smoother flow through that lane pretty much the only reason I can see why the gate is angled and not straight vertical but it does make that CradlePoint an issue that if not installed from the factory just at the right height will cause a ball hang

#4654 4 years ago
Quoted from JP76:

I removed mine and worked on it. I removed wire form (3 screws). Then I removed the rail that the bracket is attached to. First you have to remove the plastic piece that’s on top of it. The rail has one screw on top of the PF and one nut below the PF. You may also have to remove the roof on the tower to get the wire form back on. It really wasn’t bad. I had few issues with that gate and decided to do what was necessary to work on it.

Thanks. That’s what I was thinking. Not complicated to get at it but not simple. Looks like a good thing to take a look at on the weekend.

#4655 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

When I was monkeying with mine before I made the realization that all I had to do was lift the gate up a little bit I used some needle nose pliers and was able to take wire out that way..problem with bending the gate down and I think the reason they made it this way was to prevent ball rattling and allow a smoother flow through that lane pretty much the only reason I can see why the gate is angled and not straight vertical but it does make that CradlePoint an issue that if not installed from the factory just at the right height will cause a ball hang

So it was possible to turn it a couple different directions and get that curved end out and then put it back in? I might give that a try. Thanks.

#4656 4 years ago

5 months in and I’m still completely hooked on this game. The ball is flying through all the different shots, and all the different modes and rules just go so well together. I still haven’t made Visitor Center but I’m feeling it within reach now. What a game!!!

#4657 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

I’m experiencing this as well. Thanks for posting - I’ll swap my node boards and see if that helps.

Stern also said to make sure to reverse the dip switches when swapping. Wasn't quite sure what that meant, but perhaps they're in the backbox?

#4658 4 years ago
Quoted from wheels:

Stern also said to make sure to reverse the dip switches when swapping. Wasn't quite sure what that meant, but perhaps they're in the backbox?

I don't have a Stern, but if it is like the proc driver boards, there should be a bank of dip switches on that board which depending on which ones are set gives the board a specific address. No two of those addresses match in a given game. The computer knows for example that the board with a specific address will drive the slings.
So if you swap 2 of them you need to swap the settings for the dip switches between those two boards as well so they behave not like when they were at their old position but correctly for the new swapped positions.

As said, I don't have a Stern with node boards, so somebody may have to chime in here.

#4659 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

So it was possible to turn it a couple different directions and get that curved end out and then put it back in? I might give that a try. Thanks.

Yes it is possible, just in an awkward spot and it didn't benefit me taking it out...make sure you cover your playfield with something to prevent accidentally slipping or dropping a tool since you are applying some force to the wire to move it...

I would just adjust the fence and leave the gate where it it

#4660 4 years ago

After nearly 1000 plays I noticed many of the posts were loose. Particularly the upper flipper post and some of the ramp entry posts. While the playfield was up, I noticed a few extra holes. One set by the pops definitely looks like a whoops.

9E882CD9-FE85-404C-9F96-9A9EE9295B94 (resized).jpeg9E882CD9-FE85-404C-9F96-9A9EE9295B94 (resized).jpeg894D905E-5072-44BA-B518-7ED43A50CAF4 (resized).jpeg894D905E-5072-44BA-B518-7ED43A50CAF4 (resized).jpeg
#4661 4 years ago

I have a question.
How do I get rid of the ballsavers (timers) in the settings? Everything is manageable but ball savers on T-Rex multiball starts a 18 seconds for example.

We like NO ballsavers. Or a few seconds at most to keep games short and difficult. We have outlanes wide open and TILT on max.
Thanks!

#4662 4 years ago
Quoted from PinPeet:

I have a question.
How do I get rid of the ballsavers (timers) in the settings? Everything is manageable but ball savers on T-Rex multiball starts a 18 seconds for example.
We like NO ballsavers. Or a few seconds at most to keep games short and difficult. We have outlanes wide open and TILT on max.
Thanks!

Set the time in the settings to whatever you want it to be.

#4663 4 years ago
Quoted from PinPeet:

I have a question.
Thanks!

Are you sure that 18 seconds is a ball saver timer? For T-Rex you have a set amount of time to collect a shot to build it's value. That may be the setting you are looking at for which it's not a ball save, as if, you drain during that part your ball will be over.

#4664 4 years ago

Anyone having an issue with the new Code with the T-rex not coming down after T-rex is spelled? The previous code it wasn't an issue. Now when we spell T-rex the Trex doesnt come down to shoot at it.
Is this a bug or a new software setting?

#4665 4 years ago

Yup. I am having the same trex issue suddenly.

#4666 4 years ago

Anyone figure out the deal with the new skill shot and award?

#4667 4 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

Anyone figure out the deal with the new skill shot and award?

I was able to get the Ultra skill shot, Trex, Pteranodon,, Tower, O Lane... Didn't see any special award besides the ball save time and bonus

#4668 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I was able to get the Ultra skill shot, Trex, Pteranodon,, Tower, O Lane... Didn't see any special award besides the ball save time and bonus

The same for me.

#4669 4 years ago

Today I noticed that I got a few small white dots on the playfield. I can’t remove them with novus. Has anyone seen this?

47A5EBFA-6D79-45FF-BC1C-72221D517006 (resized).jpeg47A5EBFA-6D79-45FF-BC1C-72221D517006 (resized).jpeg
#4670 4 years ago
Quoted from Aetos:

Today I noticed that I got a few small white dots on the playfield. I can’t remove them with novus. Has anyone seen this?[quoted image]

sorry but which dots?

#4671 4 years ago

Down left of the control insert and left of museum insert.

#4672 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Could Elwin been referring to another hidden skill shot when you don’t full plunge?

#4673 4 years ago
Quoted from Aetos:

Down left of the control insert and left of museum insert.

I have the similar spots on mine. It must be in the print or in the clear coat

#4674 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

I have the similar spots on mine. It must be in the print or in the clear coat

Thanks for the reply, I thought that was the beginning of the end haha. Is it someone else who also has it?

#4675 4 years ago

Loaded 1.0, and Trex, for me, has improved!
Movement, Catch, and throw, I am seeing almost 100% now.
Love the DNA changes....

Still not sure on how to get the Fossils?

#4676 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Love the DNA changes....

Same for me as well

#4677 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Same for me as well

You get a fossil when you clear a mode like one of the t- rex modes.

#4678 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Love the DNA changes....

Fossil collection summary from Tiltforums rule sheet:
Set 1
Ankylosaurus - Collect both Raptor Super Jackpots
Brachiosaurus - Complete your 1st T-Rex mode
Set Reward - 20 million and +10x Pteranodon Multiplier (one time only)
Set 2
Velociraptor - Complete your 2nd T-Rex mode
Spinosaurus - Collect a Chaos Hurry-Up Super Jackpot
Gallimimus - Complete your 1st Control Room mode
Set Reward - 35 million and awards an Extra Ball
Set 3
Triceratops - Complete your 2nd Control Room mode
T. Rex - Complete your 3rd T. Rex mode
Dilophosaurus - Complete your 3rd Control Room mode
Set Reward - 100 million and +10x Amber (one time only)
Set 4
Compsognathus - Complete Visitor’s Center
Pteranodon - Complete Museum Mayhem
Stegosaurus - Complete Secure Control Room
Set Reward - 250 million and +10 Rescues

Wildcard fossils at:
Smart Missile (choices 3 or 4 might be “Fossil”)
6-Way Combo
25 Rescues
25 Tower Shots
28 Loops
Collect a 50M+ Pteranadon Attack shot

#4679 4 years ago

Wow! Thanks! Ive got a ways to go!!!

#4680 4 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Anyone having an issue with the new Code with the T-rex not coming down after T-rex is spelled? The previous code it wasn't an issue. Now when we spell T-rex the Trex doesnt come down to shoot at it.
Is this a bug or a new software setting?

Guess I'm the only one with this problem? lol

However, its now fixed!

The issue: The set screw to the shaft inside the T-Rex motor was loose. In fact, everything on and around the T-Rex motor was loose but mainly the loose set screw on the shaft. WE tightened everything and now the T-Rex is working!

Stern really needs to get their QC department in check.

#4681 4 years ago

got me a stern shooter rod, where do I connect for power? There are 2 possible places on the board does it matter which one?

#4682 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

got me a stern shooter rod, where do I connect for power? There are 2 possible places on the board does it matter which one?

I put mine in CN15 in the board on the left, that seemed the only one with the correct key. That works. So the baord under de left flipper button, CN15 is below right on the board.

#4683 4 years ago

Has anyone else had issues occur with the T-Rex on the newest 1.0 code drop?
Would like to do the update; but wanted to see if it made sense to hold off due to any new glitches?
Thanks!

#4684 4 years ago

I was also wondering about any bugs people may have noticed. I have mine in a bar and it's very popular, so I don't want to annoy players with any issues. I saw a couple people mention the skill shot not hitting. Anything else worth noting?

#4685 4 years ago

My skill shots are still registering perfectly.

#4686 4 years ago
Quoted from Braindance:

I was also wondering about any bugs people may have noticed. I have mine in a bar and it's very popular, so I don't want to annoy players with any issues. I saw a couple people mention the skill shot not hitting. Anything else worth noting?

I haven't noticed anything major. My skill shots are working. Only bug I've seen is a minor one when starting a T-Rex mode when the smart missile shot is ready. Post comes up and then goes back down. Not a huge deal though.

#4687 4 years ago

Are premiums back on the line at Stern?

#4688 4 years ago

Yup! Mine was being made yesterday and should ship out Monday

#4689 4 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I put mine in CN15 in the board on the left, that seemed the only one with the correct key. That works. So the baord under de left flipper button, CN15 is below right on the board.

that is it, thanks man

#4690 4 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Guess I'm the only one with this problem? lol
However, its now fixed!
The issue: The set screw to the shaft inside the T-Rex motor was loose. In fact, everything on and around the T-Rex motor was loose but mainly the loose set screw on the shaft. WE tightened everything and now the T-Rex is working!
Stern really needs to get their QC department in check.

JP does have issues with screws & posts loosening and falling out - not sure if this is specific to JP or just that the factory are overly cautious in over tightening things these days. Question is whether will we need to be tightening these up for the rest of the machine's life - if we use locklite on everything how easy are they to undo in the future, if we need to some repairs?

#4691 4 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

JP does have issues with screws & posts loosening and falling out - not sure if this is specific to JP or just that the factory are overly cautious in over tightening things these days. Question is whether will we need to be tightening these up for the rest of the machine's life - if we use locklite on everything how easy are they to undo in the future, if we need to some repairs?

Just pick the right loc-tite and you'll be good. I use the blue (#242) quite a bit as long as the fastener head is of sufficient strength.
If the head is delicate (say a small slotted head machine screw) I'll use the purple as the fastener may fail in removal
Also good idea to use lower strength where the connection is one that you might have to undo it more often in order to gain access to another part

The Difference Between Red, Blue, Green and Purple Threadlockers (resized).jpegThe Difference Between Red, Blue, Green and Purple Threadlockers (resized).jpeg
#4692 4 years ago

My order is in and hopefully I’ll join the club with a premium sometime in late March - excited to get the game!

#4693 4 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

If the head is delicate (say a small slotted head machine screw) I'll use the purple as the fastener may fail in removal

Yes this was my concern - wasn't aware of purple so will have to give it a try. Thanks for the advice

#4694 4 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Has anyone else had issues occur with the T-Rex on the newest 1.0 code drop?
Would like to do the update; but wanted to see if it made sense to hold off due to any new glitches?
Thanks!

No issues with mine, except that it constantly kicks my butt and shows no mercy.

Rob

#4695 4 years ago

Question: does someone have a list of all the stern upgrade parts/fixes that they’ve made for this pin? Like to order/request them all at once when I call them next week. Or, can I call support and just request them to mail everything they’ve upgraded so far for my LE?

Thanks in advance!

#4696 4 years ago
Quoted from rlslick:

Question: does someone have a list of all the stern upgrade parts/fixes that they’ve made for this pin? Like to order/request them all at once when I call them next week. Or, can I call support and just request them to mail everything they’ve upgraded so far for my LE?
Thanks in advance!

I am getting a premium next week and was wondering the same thing. The only thing I know to look out for is the left side protector on the left ramp (being different and having a different place for the opto to show through).

Any other factory changes / fixes that I should keep an eye out for?

#4697 4 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I am getting a premium next week and was wondering the same thing. The only thing I know to look out for is the left side protector on the left ramp (being different and having a different place for the opto to show through).
Any other factory changes / fixes that I should keep an eye out for?

There are changes that I'm aware of:
1. They changed the playfield artwork after the first Pro run, which had artwork under the posts. All subsequent playfields (LE's, Premiums and Pro's) have a black ring as a "border" with no artwork under the post.
2. The post that sits at the tip to the upper right flipper also changed from the original Pro run, where by the replacement post (post fix kit 502-7110-00) is slightly longer to support a nylon nut (and has a washer possibly for the topside of the playfield). Post Replacement Kit (resized).jpgPost Replacement Kit (resized).jpg
3. There is now a different left ramp protector to help the ramp opto issue with the T-Rex catching the ball. New ramp protector (resized).jpgNew ramp protector (resized).jpg
4. There seemed to be a bad batch of coil stops that affected at least the original Pros and LE's (these tend to fail after a few hundred games - it would be difficult to know whether your game is impacted until you start noticing the flipper has no strength)
5. The factory originally shipped the machines with the green plunger spring, which did not have enough power to traverse the helicopter ramp. The orange plunger spring (266-5001-07) was specified in the manual and new machines now have this.

#4698 4 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

There are 3 changes that I'm aware of:
1. They changed the playfield artwork after the first Pro run, which had artwork under the posts. All subsequent playfields (LE's, Premiums and Pro's) have a black ring as a "border" with no artwork under the post.
2. The post that sits at the tip to the upper right flipper also changed from the original Pro run, where by the replacement is slightly longer to support a nylon nut (and potentially a washer on the topside of the playfield).
3. And now there is a different left ramp protector to help the ramp opto issue with the T-Rex catching the ball.

Plus making sure you have an orange plunger spring, and possibly replacements for defective flipper coil stops.

#4699 4 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

There are 3 changes that I'm aware of:
2. The post that sits at the tip to the upper right flipper also changed from the original Pro run, where by the replacement is slightly longer to support a nylon nut (and potentially a washer on the topside of the playfield).
3. And now there is a different left ramp protector to help the ramp opto issue with the T-Rex catching the ball.

Guys, thank you starting a list or factory replacement parts. I recall there was issues with one side of the house breaking (pop bumper side?) and a support plate was in development. Was this ever released?

#4700 4 years ago
Quoted from rlslick:

Guys, thank you starting a list or factory replacement parts. I recall there was issues with one side of the house breaking (pop bumper side?) and a support plate was in development. Was this ever released?

wrong thread maybe? There’s no house in Jurassic Park!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Sunbury, PA
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 9,221 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 185.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/94?hl=braindance and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.