(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,218 posts
  • 803 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by scootss
  • Topic is favorited by 439 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1098 (resized).png
B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_030524583 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,218 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 185.
#4551 4 years ago

There's a new factory fix for the ramp otpo issue, involving this bad boy right here:

IMG_5474 (resized).jpgIMG_5474 (resized).jpg

Installation photos & instructions to come.

#4552 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

There's a new factory fix for the ramp otpo issue, involving this bad boy right here:
[quoted image]

This is coming directly from Stern?

What is involved in installing it? Does the ramp have to come off?

#4553 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Another issue I am having is that the flippers seem to be a lot weaker than when I initially started playing the game out of the box. I have other Sterns that have the same snappy power even after years of play.
I changed the coil stops but that did not do anything.
Anyone else experience this? Any suggestions?

LOL, after my last couple posts this is going to sound like I think coil sleeves are always the issue, but here goes anyway. I think it’s worth changing the flipper coil sleeves to see if it helps, since it’s something that probably needs to be done occasionally anyway. On my POTC the flippers lost their snappiness and I replaced the sleeves (the old ones coming out looked like they’d been in a coal mine) and cleaned off the mechanics and the snappiness returned. Not necessarily what’s going on with yours but replacing the sleeves and cleaning off the flipper linkages & joints is at least one thing worth trying before moving on to troubleshooting possible causes that are more complicated.

#4554 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

[quoted image]

Do we need to contact Stern now to request it?

#4555 4 years ago

This is coming directly from Stern?

Yup!

What is involved in installing it? Does the ramp have to come off?

Not sure yet. I'm going to install mine today and post instructions.

Quoted from EaglePin:

Do we need to contact Stern now to request it?

Yeah, contact Stern is what I was told. Maybe you can get it through your distributor as well? But I usually cut out the middle man for this kinda stuff.

#4556 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Yup!

Yeah, contact Stern is what I was told. Maybe you can get it through your distributor as well? But I usually cut out the middle man for this kinda stuff.

Sounds good. Really appreciate the heads up. Thank you!

#4557 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Yup!

Guess the only benefit of my order being pushed from Feb to April batch is that my game should come with this from the start. Good to see a fix from them.

#4558 4 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

I adjusted the alignment both horizontally and vertically. Doing that corrected my issue. Also take a look at the roller switches on the mech and make sure they all have the proper contact. 3 of them I believe.
I think Keith posted about the alignment and it’s marked as a key post. I followed his instructions and played around with the switch test to get everything working. I’d say I’m not a good pinball repair person either so it’s not a difficult fix.

Quoted from snaroff:

Hey Adam,
After updating to the latest release, my T-REX was pretty dysfunctional (actually looked & sounded like your T-REX in the video). Prior to the update, was perfect. Chaz @ Stern suggested I do an SD card update (which takes the USB update process out of the loop). After reinstalling with the SD card, my T-REX returned to good behavior again. Never had a software update mess with a specific feature like this, but I thought I'd share the story just in case your T-REX dysfunction was coincident with installing the latest code. I was shocked and relieved that my T-REX came back to life! Didn't feel like futzing with with the mech...having too much fun playing it

Thanks for the suggestions fellas. snaroff This only started happening after the newest update so I suspect our issues are similar. Can you pls point me towards instructions on how to do this? Also, do I need to downgrade to older code before re-updating via the SD?

#4559 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

[quoted image]

If this works then this is BIG news! Thanks for sharing. Going to call Stern and request one

#4560 4 years ago

Good news, it's super easy. Takes about a minute. You only have to remove two screws, and possibly loosen a third (mine was already loose). Apologies for my crappy camera.

Here's the original part (bottom), new part (middle), and the two screws you have to remove. Notice they aren't the same type of screw; don't mix them up. The one on the right has coarser threads since it screws into the black plastic opto housing.
IMG_5479 (resized).jpgIMG_5479 (resized).jpg

Here's a "before" shot:
IMG_5476 (resized).jpgIMG_5476 (resized).jpg

Remove the two screws circled in red. You may need to slightly loosen the screw circled in yellow, to allow the clear plastic shield/roof to rotate.
IMG_5475 (resized).jpgIMG_5475 (resized).jpg

Rotate the clear plastic counter-clockwise, out of the way:
IMG_5477 (resized).jpgIMG_5477 (resized).jpg

Remove the metal protector from the left side of the ramp. The front piece where it curves tightly around the edge can be stubborn. Rotate it up and toward the player to "peel" it off the front edge. You should be left with this:
IMG_5478 (resized).jpgIMG_5478 (resized).jpg

Install the new metal piece. Again, the front edge can be stubborn. Push/flex the ramp wall inward to make room for the tightly curved end to slide on. Now you should have this:
IMG_5480 (resized).jpgIMG_5480 (resized).jpg

Rotate the clear plastic back in place, and reattach the screws. Don't mix 'em up! Don't forget re-tighten the third screw. Now you should have this:
IMG_5481 (resized).jpgIMG_5481 (resized).jpg

You're done! Go catch some dinosaurs.

#4561 4 years ago

This should go without saying, but if your premium/LE already looks like the after picture, you're good! I assume they'll start using the new part from now on.

#4562 4 years ago

Another thing I should mention, I've already removed the small black spacers atop the ramp entry posts, so if my game looks different than yours, that's why. I recommend leaving them out. This is a good time to do that.

#4563 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Good news, it's super easy. Takes about a minute. You only have to remove two screws, and possibly loosen a third (mine was already loose). Apologies for my crappy camera.
Here's the original part (bottom), new part (middle), and the two screws you have to remove. Notice they aren't the same type of screw; don't mix them up. The one on the right has coarser threads since it screws into the black plastic opto housing.
[quoted image]
Here's a "before" shot:
[quoted image]
Remove the two screws circled in red. You may need to slightly loosen the screw circled in yellow, to allow the clear plastic shield/roof to rotate.
[quoted image]
Rotate the clear plastic counter-clockwise, out of the way:
[quoted image]
Remove the metal protector from the left side of the ramp. The front piece where it curves tightly around the edge can be stubborn. Rotate it up and toward the player to "peel" it off the front edge. You should be left with this:
[quoted image]
Install the new metal piece. Again, the front edge can be stubborn. Push/flex the ramp wall inward to make room for the tightly curved end to slide on. Now you should have this:
[quoted image]
Rotate the clear plastic back in place, and reattach the screws. Don't mix 'em up! Don't forget re-tighten the third screw. Now you should have this:
[quoted image]
You're done! Go catch some dinosaurs.

Did this resolve the issue of the T-Rex rejecting balls?

#4564 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Another thing I should mention, I've already removed the small black spacers atop the ramp entry posts, so if my game looks different than yours, that's why. I recommend leaving them out. This is a good time to do that.

What’s the benefit of leaving the spacers out?

#4565 4 years ago

Did this resolve the issue of the T-Rex rejecting balls?

I already fixed it by removing the spacers and using black electrical tape to partially block the opto. This new metal piece does the same thing as the tape; partially blocks the beam so that airborne balls can't jump the beam without breaking it.

Quoted from TKDalumni:

What’s the benefit of leaving the spacers out?

Lowers the "roof" over the ramp so the ball can't jump the beam. That alone solved 95% of my problem. Adding the tape (or new metal piece) makes it 100%. I've heard they started leaving the spacers out of newer builds, but I haven't seen one to know for sure.

#4566 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I've heard they started leaving the spacers out of newer builds, but I haven't seen one to know for sure.

My Premium came sans spacers in the ramp.

#4567 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I already fixed it by removing the spacers and using black electrical tape to partially block the opto. This new metal piece does the same thing as the tape; partially blocks the beam so that airborne balls can't jump the beam without breaking it.

Lowers the "roof" over the ramp so the ball can't jump the beam. That alone solved 95% of my problem. Adding the tape (or new metal piece) makes it 100%. I've heard they started leaving the spacers out of newer builds, but I haven't seen one to know for sure.

Good to know! I haven’t had terrible issues with it but might take those out to prevent some.

#4568 4 years ago

My Premium (built in late December) has the newer type plate from the factory. It does have the spacers which I think I’ll remove. That screw on the right post to the ramp gets loose constantly. I may have to try some Loctite on that one when I remove the spacers.

#4569 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Thanks for the suggestions fellas. snaroff This only started happening after the newest update so I suspect our issues are similar. Can you pls point me towards instructions on how to do this? Also, do I need to downgrade to older code before re-updating via the SD?

All you need is these 2 links...it's really straightforward. No need to downgrade.

https://sternpinball.com/support/sd-cards/
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/How-to-Create-a-SD-Card-for-a-SPIKE-System-Pinball-Machine.pdf

The only downside is losing your settings/scores/etc.

Re-installing with USB might also work, however the SD card approach is faster and more direct. Less variables is goodness when trying to fix something like this.

I'll be really interested to hear if this fixes your problem! Fingers crossed. I was going to tell my little story after it happened, but I figured my problem might be unique.

Good luck!

#4570 4 years ago

Hi guys,

So Teddy my T-Rex's jaw fell off and I can only find the two screws. I've gone through earlier posts and it seems as though this has happened to a few people. I can't find the third screw. As per the picture, the two screws here I think both come from the two side holes near the back of the jaw. One was still in the jaw (side) when I pulled it off the playfield and the opposite side and the front middle hole were empty. I found a screw in the cabinet that is identical to the one which remained in the jaw so I'm presuming I am missing the screw for the middle front hole.

Someone mentioned that particular screw may be a little shorter than the others? I can do another pass in my cabinet but I can't find it anywhere. Does anybody have the specific size of that particular screw so I can just replace it? Or for the meantime, can I get away with just the two screws in the sides?

I'm already dreading putting this bad boy back on, I'm new to the hobby and have done some small mods (shooter rod, headphone jack) but this repair freaks me out a bit. Already hyperventilating. I can use the photo guide posted earlier (thanks for that) but if there are any other pointers in reassembling the jaw I'd be delighted to hear them.

Might also just contact my dealer and see if they will handle it under warranty and then just have them come in to fix Teddy and watch very carefully and ask questions.

I've also for the moment disabled everything related to the Rex so the game is still playable in the interim.

Thanks as always, folks!

IMG_4381 (resized).jpgIMG_4381 (resized).jpg
#4571 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

All you need is these 2 links...it's really straightforward. No need to downgrade.
https://sternpinball.com/support/sd-cards/
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/How-to-Create-a-SD-Card-for-a-SPIKE-System-Pinball-Machine.pdf
The only downside is losing your settings/scores/etc.
Re-installing with USB might also work, however the SD card approach is faster and more direct. Less variables is goodness when trying to fix something like this.
I'll be really interested to hear if this fixes your problem! Fingers crossed. I was going to tell my little story after it happened, but I figured my problem might be unique.
Good luck!

snaroff I keep getting this error message when doing Balenaetcher attempts to write the image to the SD card. Do I need to delete the SD card before attempting this?
Screen Shot 2020-02-18 at 9.12.02 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-02-18 at 9.12.02 PM (resized).png

EDIT: I downgraded to .97 and the t-rex issues are still there. Which leads me to believe it's not software related...? Strangely, when I qualify t-rex multi-ball the t-rex just continues to move left and right.

#4572 4 years ago
Quoted from ShineSpark:

Hi guys,
So Teddy my T-Rex's jaw fell off and I can only find the two screws. I've gone through earlier posts and it seems as though this has happened to a few people. I can't find the third screw. As per the picture, the two screws here I think both come from the two side holes near the back of the jaw. One was still in the jaw (side) when I pulled it off the playfield and the opposite side and the front middle hole were empty. I found a screw in the cabinet that is identical to the one which remained in the jaw so I'm presuming I am missing the screw for the middle front hole.
Someone mentioned that particular screw may be a little shorter than the others? I can do another pass in my cabinet but I can't find it anywhere. Does anybody have the specific size of that particular screw so I can just replace it? Or for the meantime, can I get away with just the two screws in the sides?
I'm already dreading putting this bad boy back on, I'm new to the hobby and have done some small mods (shooter rod, headphone jack) but this repair freaks me out a bit. Already hyperventilating. I can use the photo guide posted earlier (thanks for that) but if there are any other pointers in reassembling the jaw I'd be delighted to hear them.
Might also just contact my dealer and see if they will handle it under warranty and then just have them come in to fix Teddy and watch very carefully and ask questions.
I've also for the moment disabled everything related to the Rex so the game is still playable in the interim.
Thanks as always, folks![quoted image]

Had the exact thing happen to me. Putting the jaw back on is simple, so don't sweat it.

I also lost screws, so I contacted Stern to get replacements to ensure I was using the correct screws.

I'd suggest using a little locktite blue to keep them in place.

#4573 4 years ago
Quoted from ShineSpark:

Hi guys,

They are all the same size and are listed in the manual. SCREW, 4-40 X 1/4" PPH MS BLACK.
I still haven't found my 3rd missing screw from my jaw loss either, but im sure it'll be somewhere. I have an audible thunk/rattle every time the ball hits something in the machine. its either the playfield moving a little (unlikely) or something rattling somewhere i haven't found yet

#4574 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

snaroff I keep getting this error message when doing Balenaetcher attempts to write the image to the SD card. Do I need to delete the SD card before attempting this?
[quoted image]
EDIT: I downgraded to .97 and the t-rex issues are still there. Which leads me to believe it's not software related...? Strangely, when I qualify t-rex multi-ball the t-rex just continues to move left and right.

I've never seen that message. I didn't delete what was on the SD card...Balenaetcher wrote over the pre-existing bits.

If you downgraded and the issues are still there, I agree it might not be software related.

Sorry you are having problems...

#4575 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

If you downgraded and the issues are still there, I agree it might not be software related.
Sorry you are having problems...

I disagree. The problems with writing on the SD card may indicate some corruption on it. They are cheap. Buy another one and try again.

#4576 4 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I disagree. The problems with writing on the SD card may indicate some corruption on it. They are cheap. Buy another one and try again.

I've never had a corrupt SD card, but you make a good point...certainly worth trying!

#4577 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

[quoted image]

Do you have a part number for this bracket?
cheers
Trevor

#4578 4 years ago
Quoted from MANTO1975:

cheers
Trevor

I have a machine built in december of 2019 that includes this bracket and still have issues with the TREX rejects so unfortunately this isn't the silver bullet solution

#4579 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

[quoted image]

Mine would continually move because it wasn’t hitting the switch to know it’s limits. I posted a while back in here how my actuator was too low and passing over the switch. I’ll try to find the post

#4580 4 years ago

adamross

61396537-1704-4159-90D7-C0D7CE8791F3 (resized).jpeg61396537-1704-4159-90D7-C0D7CE8791F3 (resized).jpeg719905EE-2D8A-4DF3-9BCD-022D518DCD2E (resized).jpeg719905EE-2D8A-4DF3-9BCD-022D518DCD2E (resized).jpegF8491C0D-26CD-4B0E-B671-C6CFB67414A1 (resized).jpegF8491C0D-26CD-4B0E-B671-C6CFB67414A1 (resized).jpeg
#4581 4 years ago
Quoted from MANTO1975:

Sorry, no. I'm sure if you call Stern support they'll know what you're talking about.

#4582 4 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

I have a machine built in december of 2019 that includes this bracket and still have issues with the TREX rejects so unfortunately this isn't the silver bullet solution

Do you have small black spacers on top of the ramp entry posts? If so, try removing them. Even after they're removed, I had one of the post screws come loose, which allowed the clear plastic roof to rise. That's all it took for the ball to jump the opto.

#4583 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Sorry, no. I'm sure if you call Stern support they'll know what you're talking about.

I called stern they knew Exactly what I was talking about. Put one in the mail same day

#4584 4 years ago

We have hit the 1.0 ! !

V1.00.0 - February 19, 2020
===========================
- When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth - added a new Ultra Wizard Mode that is started if you complete Visitor Center, Museum Mayhem, Secure Control Room and Escape Nublar
- Escape Nublar - added intro blowoff when you press both flipper buttons
- Escape Nublar - extra balls awarded after starting Escape Nublar will award consolation points (15M)
- Escape Nublar Challenge - initial path you are spotted is determined by the direction of the Truck when the mode starts
- Visitor Center - fixed an issue where the Inlane Up Post would not come up to catch ball during a Fossil award / Tilt warning
- DNA Combos - now enabled
- DNA Combos - sound effect will now happen the moment the combo is achieved, the display effect may be queued up and displayed later if necessary
- DNA Combos - some of the harder combos have been made easier (check Instant Info for details)
- Super Combos - now score 5X instead of 3X
- Perfect Paddock - added a bonus 2x paddock bounty if all the staff is rescued from a paddock
- Super Combos - added new compy attack videos for super combos
- Instant Info - updated Rescues info page to track current percentage of staff rescued
- Instant Info - added instant info page to track DNA combos and how to collect them
- Instant Info - added instant info page to track Wildcard Fossils collected and how to collect them
- Skill Shot - added Ultra Super Skill Shot which starts a special hidden feature for that player's game
- Skill Shot - added MXV Skill Shot
- High Score Tables - added When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth Champion
- High Score Tables - added Skill Shot Champion
- High Score Tables - added DNA Champion
- Raptor Tower Combos - fixed an issue where the tower combo text was occasionally being formatted improperly
- Action Button - fixed an issue where the lockdown button would turn green with no credits in the game
- Speech - fixed an issue where instruction speech could be heard after end ball
- Credit / Partial Credit Sounds - updated sound effects

- System - Updated to V2.44.0
- Updated to nodeboard firmware v0.57.0
- Updated 10 band graphic EQ to have 15 slider settings (was 120) above/below the
neutral center line.
- Rename Util->Volume->Speaker Balance to Speaker Fade. This adjusts the volume
levels of the cabinet (front) and backbox (back) speakers. The term Balance
was misleading and implied adjusting the level of the left and right backbox speakers.

- Adjustment Changes:
- removed 'NUBLAR CHALLENGE ON START PRESS' in favor of Standard Adjustment 'GAME MODE ON START' in the SPI adjustments. Defaults to STANDARD, set to CHALLENGE to always start Escape Nublar Challenge on start button press.

#4585 4 years ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

We have hit the 1.0 ! !
- When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth - added a new Ultra Wizard Mode that is started if you complete Visitor Center, Museum Mayhem, Secure Control Room and Escape Nublar
- Escape Nublar - extra balls awarded after starting Escape Nublar will award consolation points (15M)
- Escape Nublar Challenge - initial path you are spotted is determined by the direction of the Truck when the mode starts
- Visitor Center - fixed an issue where the Inlane Up Post would not come up to catch ball during a Fossil award / Tilt warning
- DNA Combos - sound effect will now happen the moment the combo is achieved, the display effect may be queued up and displayed later if necessary
- DNA Combos - some of the harder combos have been made easier (check Instant Info for details)
- Perfect Paddock - added a bonus 2x paddock bounty if all the staff is rescued from a paddock
- Instant Info - updated Rescues info page to track current percentage of staff rescued
- Instant Info - added instant info page to track DNA combos and how to collect them
- Instant Info - added instant info page to track Wildcard Fossils collected and how to collect them
- Skill Shot - added Ultra Super Skill Shot which starts a special hidden feature for that player's game
- Raptor Tower Combos - fixed an issue where the tower combo text was occasionally being formatted improperly
- Action Button - fixed an issue where the lockdown button would turn green with no credits in the game
- Speech - fixed an issue where instruction speech could be heard after end ball
- Updated 10 band graphic EQ to have 15 slider settings (was 120) above/below the
neutral center line.
was misleading and implied adjusting the level of the left and right backbox speakers.
- Adjustment Changes:
- removed 'NUBLAR CHALLENGE ON START PRESS' in favor of Standard Adjustment 'GAME MODE ON START' in the SPI adjustments. Defaults to STANDARD, set to CHALLENGE to always start Escape Nublar Challenge on start button press.

Wow! This looks amazing. New wizard mode, new skill shots with hidden feature. Awesome. Where do we think the new skill shots are? Maybe one would be an add on to the current double shot by finishing it with the smart missile shot? Can't wait to find it!

#4586 4 years ago

Anyone know when Jurassic is back on the production line?

#4587 4 years ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

We have hit the 1.0 ! !
neutral center line.
- Adjustment Changes:

And DNA Combos are back!

#4588 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

March for April delivery is what I've been told. That is premiums.

#4589 4 years ago

So I was able to put Teddy's jaw back on, thanks for the cheerleading everyone. Was a bit of a pain because there is seemingly no great position for the playfield to be for me to get at those damn screws at the back and my socket driver had a hard time getting in there, but it's all done and I managed to not set anything on fire.

Might need to do some T-Rex bias adjustments but I'll get to that tomorrow. Tonight is for trying out the new 1.00!

Thanks again for everyone's continued help, you're a wonderful community for helping out this complete idiot with zero mechanical inclination or understanding. (Wrong hobby I guess, but you can't pick what you love!)

#4590 4 years ago

Wow another packed update! Awesome, downloading now

#4591 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Do you have small black spacers on top of the ramp entry posts? If so, try removing them. Even after they're removed, I had one of the post screws come loose, which allowed the clear plastic roof to rise. That's all it took for the ball to jump the opto.

I do have the black spacers and need to remove those now that I have applied the tape fix. I'll take a look at the posts to ensure that they don't come loose and allow the plastic roof to rise.

#4592 4 years ago

Hmm anyone else having troubles with the update?

I have installed it, start the game, ball launches and within a minute the flippers will both die and the left slingshot led will also go out.
then after approx 5 seconds the flippers will be live again but the left slingshot led is left off.

going to re-download the code

anyone else?

Edit update:
Looked at the left slingshot leds to see if it was shorted tho it looks fine.
I did move them back to an upright position but same thing after testing.

Tho I did see the inlane lights also turn off as well as the first left target bottom left Above slingshot.
Did noticed during test that the lights do flicker with either left or right flipper pressed.
but after approx 5 hits with the left or right flipper, the left bottom side turns off - until I power off the game and restart.

#4593 4 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Hmm anyone else having troubles with the update?
I have installed it, start the game, ball launches and within a minute the flippers will both die and the left slingshot led will also go out.
then after approx 5 seconds the flippers will be live again but the left slingshot led is left off.
going to re-download the code
anyone else?
Edit update:
Looked at the left slingshot leds to see if it was shorted tho it looks fine.
I did move them back to an upright position but same thing after testing.
Tho I did see the inlane lights also turn off as well as the first left target bottom left Above slingshot.
Did noticed during test that the lights do flicker with either left or right flipper pressed.
but after approx 5 hits with the left or right flipper, the left bottom side turns off - until I power off the game and restart.

We have downloaded the code and put it in our game. Everything works fine

Best of luck with your issues.

#4594 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

We have downloaded the code and put it in our game. Everything works fine
Best of luck with your issues.

Did you update using USB or SD card (https://sternpinball.com/support/sd-cards/)?

#4595 4 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Wrong code version? Pro vs. premium/LE.

#4596 4 years ago

USB stick. I am fairly sure you have done enough updates to know what you are doing.

If you are having issues, try a new 16GB USB stick. We have had a USB stick fail. Moving forward for us, if we have any issues updating code, new USB stick first and if that does not work, new SD card. This must be a common issue for Stern to have both versions available on their website.

We had issues with the SD card in 3lvira. Some of the Stern SD cards are faulty. If you flash a new SD card you will loose all your scores and settings. We bought a good quality SD card installed in 3lvira and have had no updating issues on this game since.

#4597 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

My distributor said back on the line tomorrow. I have a premium paid for so kind of hounding him

#4598 4 years ago

USB stick. I am fairly sure you have done enough updates to know what you are doing.
If you are having issues, try a new 16GB USB stick. We have had a USB stick fail. Moving forward for us, if we have any issues updating code, new USB stick first and if that does not work, new SD card. This must be a common issue for Stern to have both versions available on their website.
We had issues with the SD card in 3lvira. Some of the Stern SD cards are faulty. If you flash a new SD card you will loose all your scores and settings. We bought a good quality SD card installed in 3lvira and have had no updating issues on this game since.

Have you heard anything about specific SD card speed class minimums or recommendations by chance?

#4599 4 years ago

I definitely know what I'm doing, but when an update doesn't work, I'm as clueless as anyone

Since my last USB update didn't work, I bought a new USB 2.0 today and the install seemed to go flawlessly. Only played a couple games, but didn't notice any odd behavior (like I had with my T-REX not working after the last update).

Thanks for the response!

#4600 4 years ago

I'm about to shoot my T-Rex in the head. Sometimes he doesn't open his mouth. Sometimes he opens his mouth but doesn't swallow the ball (I have the old ramp shield...I guess I should try to get a new one). Sometimes he just rests his head to the right side of the ramp and doesn't open his mouth, like he's taking a nap or something. And sometimes he opens his mouth, swallows the ball, and does everything just as he should.

It's infuriating because it seems like I have EVERY problem with my T-Rex that everybody has described before, and I'm not really sure where to start outside of doing a complete rebuild and working out the opto situation.

Anybody have any ideas or fixes offhand? I don't think anything in software (the bias adjustments, for instance) will fix this.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinhead mods

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 9,218 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 185.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/92?hl=adamross and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.