(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,218 posts
  • 803 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by scootss
  • Topic is favorited by 439 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1098 (resized).png
B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_030524583 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,218 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 185.
#4451 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Similar to yours, mine was working pretty well initially but some clean shots weren’t being caught. I did the tape fix and it made a difference. After that almost all shots that should be caught were being caught.

Why would the tape fix have any effect on the Trex catching the ball, given the opto for catching the ball is INSIDE the Trex Mouth?

#4452 4 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Why would the tape fix have any effect on the Trex catching the ball, given the opto for catching the ball is INSIDE the Trex Mouth?

It's in the ramp an inch or so in front of the t-rex.

#4453 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

It involves putting electrical tape across the lower part of the opening in the guide rail for the opto beam. This helps the opto trigger on fast shots by preventing light from bleeding around the lower part of the ball, which can result in the opto beam not being broken long enough to register on a fast moving shot. I did it on the opto for the left orbit also.

For my orbit optos I added couple washers to raise the beam a smidge. I did a before & after in switch test with a ball on a magnet wand, to see how high the ball has to jump to allow the beam to shine under. Made even more of a difference than I hoped. Now it's basically impossible for a fast ball to catch enough air to go "over" the beam.
JP orbit optos.JPGJP orbit optos.JPG
Unfortunately this doesn't work for the ramp optos, because they're mounted upside down, and washers would only exacerbate the problem. But the tape fix worked for me there. If you put it on the outside of the ramp you'll never see it from a player's perspective.

#4454 4 years ago

My raptor keeps getting hung up after it lunges forward, with the counterweight getting caught on the clear plastic behind it. I've tried sliding it both forwards and backwards on the mounts, without much luck.

Is the counterweight supposed to clear the plastic for a "full" forward movement, or be stopped by it to ensure a clean return? How many of the black counterweight washers does everyone else have?

#4455 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

It's in the ramp an inch or so in front of the t-rex.

No, the one that affects the Trex’s mouth is INSIDE his mouth. The one you’re describing is different.

#4456 4 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

No, the one that affects the Trex’s mouth is INSIDE his mouth. The one you’re describing is different.

Mouth opto tells the game the ball is caught. Ramp entry opto enables the magnet to catch the ball. If the ball jumps the ramp opto, the mouth will not grab it.

#4458 4 years ago

If anyone else is still having issues with this, I think the right solution is just to push the weights further out from the raptor body. I did it with a few washers, but a cleaner solution would be to replace the 3/16" factory black plastic spacer with a 1/4" one.

Quoted from ctl723:

My raptor keeps getting hung up after it lunges forward, with the counterweight getting caught on the clear plastic behind it. I've tried sliding it both forwards and backwards on the mounts, without much luck.
Is the counterweight supposed to clear the plastic for a "full" forward movement, or be stopped by it to ensure a clean return? How many of the black counterweight washers does everyone else have?

IMG_20200205_234643 (resized).jpgIMG_20200205_234643 (resized).jpg
#4459 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

For my orbit optos I added couple washers to raise the beam a smidge. I did a before & after in switch test with a ball on a magnet wand, to see how high the ball has to jump to allow the beam to shine under. Made even more of a difference than I hoped. Now it's basically impossible for a fast ball to catch enough air to go "over" the beam.
[quoted image]
Unfortunately this doesn't work for the ramp optos, because they're mounted upside down, and washers would only exacerbate the problem. But the tape fix worked for me there. If you put it on the outside of the ramp you'll never see it from a player's perspective.

I did this as well with the orbit opto. Put one #5 washer to raise it up. Now, every shot, no matter how fast it goes, hits the opto beam.

Still having issues on the t-rex opto. I'll try tape on the outside of the opening. Thanks.

#4460 4 years ago

Just got the word. My JP is getting pushed till April. This game must be selling like hotcakes! Happy for Stern but bummed that after waiting a tad over a month already I've still got most likely 3 more to go

#4461 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Just got the word. My JP is getting pushed till April. This game must be selling like hotcakes! Happy for Stern but bummed that after waiting a tad over a month already I've still got most likely 3 more to go

I was told the same thing (April) for my Premium ordered right before Christmas. It's tough waiting but I know it will be worth it!

#4462 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I was told the same thing (April) for my Premium ordered right before Christmas. It's tough waiting but I know it will be worth it!

I must have gotten very lucky to get mine so quickly. Ordered after Xmas, built 12/30 and had it a week later. They must have a new machine coming out later this month or early March that will tie up production in March.

#4463 4 years ago

Quoted from Alattig:

I must have gotten very lucky to get mine so quickly. Ordered after Xmas, built 12/30 and had it a week later. They must have a new machine coming out later this month or early March that will tie up production in March.

They do have a new game. I heard it is called Jumanji

#4464 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Bummer...seems like Stern cut over to building Stranger Things at the expense of JP. Since JP's seem to be available on the resale market, I'd cancel the April order and take my chances getting a NOB example (if I were in your position). I just picked one up on Pinside that's being delivered Saturday (and it includes some cool mods, like the hard-to-find fossilized mosquito shooter

#4465 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Bummer...seems like Stern cut over to building Stranger Things at the expense of JP. Since JP's seem to be available on the resale market, I'd cancel the April order and take my chances getting a NOB example (if I were in your position). I just picked one up on Pinside that's being delivered Saturday (and it includes some cool mods, like the hard-to-find fossilized mosquito shooter

If I find a local one that pops up before the game is shipped I'll probably do that. I'm buying through Stern rewards so the amount I'm paying for NIB is several hundred less than what people want for their used stock games though so I'm not expecting any luck there.

#4466 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

If I find a local one that pops up before the game is shipped I'll probably do that. I'm buying through Stern rewards so the amount I'm paying for NIB is several hundred less than what people want for their used stock games though so I'm not expecting any luck there.

Mine is Stern rewards as well. I'm fine with waiting it out. I also ordered a R&M the same week and I think I may actually get that one sooner as I'm in the first 90 games. Just need to make it through the Winter and get to April!

#4467 4 years ago

Not aware of "Stern rewards"...what is it?

Quoted from 85vett:

Quoted from MikeS:

Mine is Stern rewards as well. I'm fine with waiting it out. I also ordered a R&M the same week and I think I may actually get that one sooner as I'm in the first 90 games. Just need to make it through the Winter and get to April!

#4468 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

It's a program for tournament players through IFPA:
https://www.ifpapinball.com/menu/sternrewardsprogram/

#4469 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I ordered a DeadPool Prem (through JJ) 2 weeks after my JP Prem (Stern Rewards). Thought they would make it about the same time as when I made my JP order (first of the year) they thought Feb for delivery. Got DP last week so at least I've got a new game fix. With the new code coming for JP I'd be lying if I didn't say I was a bit anxious getting my JP though.

Quoted from snaroff:

MikeS has you covered with the link. Cliff notes though:

To qualify you must
- Be in the top 1000 of IFPA
- or - Be the biggest mover for the month
- or - Be the IFPA player of the month
- AND you MUST have a complete IFPA profile. For instance, first time I tried I was denied because I didn't have a profile picture.

If you qualify to get 1 NIB a year at a discount. Don't think we can post the $$$ but it is less than distributor street pricing and less than 99% of the used games that make it on the market. Pretty cool program for anyone that is a NIB buyer and qualifies.

#4470 4 years ago

New . 98 Code !!!!! Out now

#4471 4 years ago

V0.98.0 - February 6, 2020
==========================
- Escape Nublar - added this new wizard mode which is lit when you have played Visitor Center, Museum Mayhem, and Secure Control Room
- Escape Nublar Challenge - added this mini game
- To activate hold both flipper buttons during attract mode (with credits on machine or free play enabled)
- Select "CHALLENGE" with the flipper buttons and press start up to 4 players.
- Set adjustment 45 to YES to enable Escape Nublar Challenge on start button press always.
- The goal of Escape Nublar is to navigate back through the main gate to the helipad while
rescuing any remaining staff and dinosaurs before the volcano erupts.

- Rescue phase -
Rescue phase consists of collecting rescues by hitting the rescue shots.
Once all rescues achieved hit the trap targets to rescue the dinosaur from that paddock.
If the dinosaur was already captured earlier in the game then this phase is skipped.
Turning the truck during rescue phase rotates the locations of the rescues.

- Navigate phase -
Navigate phase requires you to try to find a safe exit from the paddock by shooting the red arrows.
If the path is blocked by lava then you must find another path.
When a safe path is found the left ramp will light up to advance to the next paddock.
Truck direction dictates which paddock you will navigate to.

- Truck convoy and fuel -
You convoy consists of 3 trucks. Drain the ball or run out of fuel then the truck and it's rescues will be lost.
Once all 3 trucks are lost the game is over. Shoot raptor targets or pop bumpers or collect rescues to add fuel.
Advancing paddock completely refuels the truck.

- Path options -
Taking the path you already navigated on the way to the visitor's will be the quickest escape
from the island but fewer scoring opportunities. (In Nublar Challenge this path is randomly selected for you)

- Sudden death -
If fuel level hits minimum then sudden death begins. All remaining rescues are lost and
you have 15 seconds to leave the paddock before it becomes engulfed and that truck is lost.

- Helipad hurry-up -
Navigating back through the main gate starts the Helipad Hurry-up. Hurry-up value based on
number of rescues, dinosaurs captured and number of paddocks cleared. Shoot Helipad to escape the island.

- High Scores -
Escape Nublar Challenge has it's own dedicated high score board separate from the main game.
Play for a top 3 score or top 3 speed run time.

Tilt ends game!

- Escape Nublar Challenge and Escape Nublar - share the same game rules, however for challenge you are spotted 12 rescues and a default path to Visitor Center
- High Score Tables - added 2 new high score tables specific to Escape Nublar Challenge that track top 3 in points and fastest 3 times
- High Score Tables - Escape Nublar Champion only recognizes natural Escape Nublar scores
- Attract Mode - added video graphics screen for "Locating Pinballs Please Wait..."
- Super Tranquilizer - added restrictions to not be able to use at times when it doesn't make sense, also adding inactive buffer around Control Room select, Auto Launch, and Smart Missile award select
- Super Tranquilizer - lamp effect for Action Button no longer flashes, button is lit green when available to use
- T-Rex Rampage - changed priority of Rampage award so collected value can be seen more easily with other stacked shots
- All Control Room Modes - changed priority of award screens so collected value can be seen more easily with other stacked shots
- All Control Room Modes - final shot now will display the time bonus awarded and the final shot award before fossil collection
- Callouts - rearranging and adding some new callouts throughout the game
- Mosquito in Amber Accessory Shooter Knob - no longer flashes when Amber / Amber Features are lit, now slowly pulses on / off
- Player Competition Mode - removed left flipper hold to start player competition mode, this can now be performed by holding both flippers and selecting Competition from the choices

- System - Updated to V2.43
- Updated to nodeboard firmware v0.56.0

- Adjustment Changes:
- added 'NUBLAR CHALLENGE ON START PRESS' defaults to FALSE, which will start STANDARD gameplay. When TRUE this will immediately start ESCAPE NUBLAR CHALLENGE instead of STANDARD gameplay.

#4472 4 years ago

Anyone else getting echo-y audio with .98 on JP Premium? I've tried the speaker settings at 4 and 8 ohms and I hear echo both ways.

#4473 4 years ago

Just upgraded my LE and I haven’t head any echo nor change in the speakers.

On a separate note, we left our Feature Adjustment #45 on factory default set to ‘No’.
This way, when you have the game set on free play; and hold the 2 flippers down for about 2-3 seconds, you’ll get 3 choices to begin a game:
Standard (Normal Play), Competition (All Randomness Removed) or Challenge (Escape Nublar Challenge).
Pretty cool that you can choose any of these options.

My son and I just played a few minutes of the Challenge and found it a blast.
However, we did feel like it would have been even cooler if we could have reached it by playing the Standard normal game.

Regardless, this in an awesome code update and another great mode for an outstanding game.

#4474 4 years ago

Leave your #45 adjustment at the default unless you want Escape Nublar every time. Default gives you the option with the flippers in Attract to choose out of the 3 modes.

#4475 4 years ago

Im on earlier code, do I need to update to .97 and then .98, or will .98 have it all?
(I am assuming it does, but brain is not working right now)

#4476 4 years ago

.98 will have it all. Stern updates always do as far as I know.

#4477 4 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Anyone else getting echo-y audio with .98 on JP Premium? I've tried the speaker settings at 4 and 8 ohms and I hear echo both ways.

I had echo-y audio once on .97, it went away after a reboot.

#4478 4 years ago

No echo on my premium, did a full update with full verify

#4479 4 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

I had echo-y audio once on .97, it went away after a reboot.

Ok, I’ll check tomorrow when I fire it up again. Thanks!

#4480 4 years ago

I've generally been having 100% catch rate on the TRex, up to and including some great games last night on 0.97

After updating to 0.98 today, I'm now only seeing about a 50% catch rate. Anyone else having this issue? Did something change in the magnet/opto algorithm there?

#4481 4 years ago

Loving the new code! Posted this in the other thread it seems, since I’m an LE owner, suppose to post here? (Too bad both threads aren’t somehow combined - all my other machines I only have to look at one owners thread - why the split???).

Somewhat hesitant to try Escape Nublar, thinking I would ruin my quest on the regular route, but tried and love it! No ruining of the regular route at all. This is not a cheat, but another way to approach this game. In fact, makes me want to try all the harder to see the regular route as well. This option selection at the beginning of the game has taken the grind out of it for me, freeing me up to enjoy the game more and leave frustration behind.

I’m in on the new code update! It does feel like a different game and is an excellent use of the assets, letting us see the fabulous coding on JP2. All games should have these types of selections at the beginning of the game. Can you imagine if SW had a mode to fight the empire emperor from a different mode. Have had that game for over a year and fought the emperor only once, just a month ago. Frustration sets in about doing it again, it was so hard to get there.

JP2 renews my love of pinball/software meets video games, by taking out the “grind gaps” between the start and end stages of pinball, by allowing play of those stages from a different game point strategy.

Great job Keith and team!

#4482 4 years ago
Quoted from ctl723:

I've generally been having 100% catch rate on the TRex, up to and including some great games last night on 0.97
After updating to 0.98 today, I'm now only seeing about a 50% catch rate. Anyone else having this issue? Did something change in the magnet/opto algorithm there?

If you had adjusted your T-Rex head in software, you'll have to go back in and re-set it after the update. It's one of the few settings that gets reset with an update.

#4483 4 years ago

Just sent my check in for my premium! Any issues right out of the box that needs to be dealt with?

#4484 4 years ago

Not in my experience. Premiums already have the better upper flipper post. My Trex was great out of the box, but lots of variance in pins. I’d check for loose posts, too tight guides, and that Trex is working in test modes and with a few practice shots.

#4485 4 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Not in my experience. Premiums already have the better upper flipper post. My Trex was great out of the box, but lots of variance in pins. I’d check for loose posts, too tight guides, and that Trex is working in test modes and with a few practice shots.

Cool thanks

#4486 4 years ago

No, I hadn't made any adjustments to the bias or otherwise. It was running on stock settings.

If you had adjusted your T-Rex head in software, you'll have to go back in and re-set it after the update. It's one of the few settings that gets reset with an update.

#4487 4 years ago

can't wait to get home tonight and get the code updated

#4488 4 years ago

ok, we all know the T-REX is the bad guy... but what i have done to deserve this !? lol
out of his mouth, rebound, and bump perfectly on the front of the jeep !

almost i've taken the hiscore (1.085 B) on my friend LE

WP_20200207_16_53_24_Pro (resized).jpgWP_20200207_16_53_24_Pro (resized).jpg

#4489 4 years ago

Digging into this further, it really isn't a bias issue. The alignment is still great in both dimensions. It just doesn't seem to be firing the capture magnet, which tells me something has likely changed in either my optos, or the manner in which they're being processed as inputs. I'm going to revert to 0.97 tonight and see if that makes a difference.

Quoted from ctl723:

No, I hadn't made any adjustments to the bias or otherwise. It was running on stock settings.

#4490 4 years ago

One time my t-rex stopped capturing right after a code update. Turns out it was a complete coincidence. One of the screws on top of the ramp entry post worked itself loose, allowing the clear plastic roof to ride up, which was all it took for the ball to jump the opto.

#4491 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

One time my t-rex stopped capturing right after a code update. Turns out it was a complete coincidence. One of the screws on top of the ramp entry post worked itself loose, allowing the clear plastic roof to ride up, which was all it took for the ball to jump the opto.

But how is that possible when the opto is INSIDE the T-Rex mouth? Lol. I couldn't resist that one. Just intended as a little humor

#4492 4 years ago

Joined the club yesterday and finally got the game setup today. Code updated immediately and have been having fun all night!

LE 184

AEC48754-5CBD-4E43-A487-9436076A36C8 (resized).jpegAEC48754-5CBD-4E43-A487-9436076A36C8 (resized).jpeg
#4493 4 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

Joined the club yesterday and finally got the game setup today. Code updated immediately and have been having fun all night!
LE 184[quoted image]

Nice collection

#4494 4 years ago

Any thoughts as to where this thumb screw should be? Found in back of bottom cabinet. Also lost a small black screw somewhere topside that I can’t find where it goes. I’ve checked all the raptor plastics and signs which have similar

FF2AEAB6-794A-48BA-BEEA-74D37CF5093D (resized).jpegFF2AEAB6-794A-48BA-BEEA-74D37CF5093D (resized).jpeg
#4495 4 years ago

Thumbscrew looks like it belongs on the coin door mech, black screw maybe under the helipad spinner I think there are 3 black screws like that keeping a plastic bushing in place

#4496 4 years ago

Found where the screw came from. Trex lost her jaw. Ive replaced the missing jaw screw, found a 2nd but haven't yet found the 3rd.. very very annoying on quality control

31FDF8A1-03E0-4E5F-B7B8-D15E1A7789EE (resized).jpeg31FDF8A1-03E0-4E5F-B7B8-D15E1A7789EE (resized).jpegDF9034B0-9DDA-494C-B769-AD23AF193746 (resized).jpegDF9034B0-9DDA-494C-B769-AD23AF193746 (resized).jpeg
And yes them screw is from coin door.

#4497 4 years ago

Should there be 3 screws holding the trex jaw on? I only have one, there’s space for 3 and I’ve found another loose screw the same size in the coin trough

#4498 4 years ago

Yes there should be 3.. chances are it fell through the play field and is either in the bottom of the cabinet somewhere, stuck in the wires below the playfield, possibly in an insert cutout, in the actual coin drop box, or the ball trough, it just under the Shaker motor plastic box... I'd check all those typical places first... If not, give Stern a call for some replacement screws or you can search a hardware store

#4499 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Yes there should be 3.. chances are it fell through the play field and is either in the bottom of the cabinet somewhere, stuck in the wires below the playfield, possibly in an insert cutout, in the actual coin drop box, or the ball trough, it just under the Shaker motor plastic box... I'd check all those typical places first... If not, give Stern a call for some replacement screws or you can search a hardware store

Don’t forget to check the speaker magnets!! Found many screws there over the years!

#4500 4 years ago

Anyone here changed all the warm white GI’s to Cool white and have any pics? Thinking of maybe doing this!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aldie, VA
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

There are 9,218 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 185.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/90?hl=aniraf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.