(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_030524583 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_031412806.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0996 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0997 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0382 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0381 (resized).jpeg
20231207_202319 (resized).jpg
IMG_0971 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,199 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 184.
#351 4 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

Looks like a LE arrived in Belgium today.
It’s for a special event.
Pic@Internaute cafe Tounai[quoted image]

What the hell is going on with those legs????!!!

#352 4 years ago

Fellas, there is no art around these posts.... what you see here is a different play-field from the pro...

6EAFC3BE-4739-4BAC-B7F8-6F0AF09DA0E7 (resized).png6EAFC3BE-4739-4BAC-B7F8-6F0AF09DA0E7 (resized).png
#353 4 years ago

These are pro pics from the other forum....on the LE No washers, no art. This a prototype or the latest of what they are going with?

8250BEF4-5A68-4E15-A57C-AF4FDC07E419 (resized).png8250BEF4-5A68-4E15-A57C-AF4FDC07E419 (resized).png
#354 4 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Fellas, there is no art around these posts.... what you see here is a different play-field from the pro...[quoted image]

This will limit the chipping issue.

#355 4 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

These are pro pics from the other forum....on the LE No washers, no art. This a prototype or the latest of what they are going with?[quoted image]

The video on the facebook page says that it's not a prototype. It has a LE number, 020/500.

#356 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

The video on the facebook page says that it's not a prototype. It has a LE number, 020/500.

Sure did. Missed that. Looks to be a chance they may have fixed it fellas.

#357 4 years ago

We can also see on the picture of the LE that the rubbers are finally black, like on the pro. Two blades of the helicopter have been shrunk.

#358 4 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Fellas, there is no art around these posts.... what you see here is a different play-field from the pro...[quoted image]

Yep looking at the full picture on their fb page, it appears all the posts are this way. This is good news as a future LE owner.

Hoping to see some videos soon of the LE.

#359 4 years ago

Great news filtering in for the weekend.

LE come on down.

#360 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

What the hell is going on with those legs????!!!

Factory shipping wrap.

#361 4 years ago

I don't do Facebook can someone post these updated LE pics?

#362 4 years ago

My dealer said the LEs have started to ship.

#363 4 years ago

LE playfield

07F8DD74-15AA-4252-88CD-CBBB9622DA4F (resized).jpeg07F8DD74-15AA-4252-88CD-CBBB9622DA4F (resized).jpeg6AF83C3E-7E73-4BDA-8233-3AFB501AC1D3 (resized).jpeg6AF83C3E-7E73-4BDA-8233-3AFB501AC1D3 (resized).jpegE51680DB-37DE-4CD8-910E-1B68041F3466 (resized).jpegE51680DB-37DE-4CD8-910E-1B68041F3466 (resized).jpeg
#364 4 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

LE playfield[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks a lot. Do you do the tournament?

#365 4 years ago

No I got these pictures from a friend over there.

#366 4 years ago

Looking at that LE playfield up close makes me think that they may have resolved the bubbling issue at the posts. All the bubbling and pooling on Pros and other Stern pins shows the paint underneath adhering to the clearcoat as it bubbles up, making it look like an adherence issue between the artwork and the wood. By not having artwork there and only clearcoat it *may* resolve it, as they may have found that the printed artwork being the issue when stressed at a post.

I *really* hope this resolves it, as I'm this close to pulling the trigger on a Premium as I really love the game!

#367 4 years ago

Yay!

#368 4 years ago

I was at this tournament and I confirm that Stern suppressed Artwork around every post. I didn't see any pooling on this machine (I saw a lot of them on Wonka and BK LE but not on JP2 pro that was also there)

IMG_20190915_135750 (resized).jpgIMG_20190915_135750 (resized).jpgIMG_20190915_135806 (resized).jpgIMG_20190915_135806 (resized).jpg
#369 4 years ago

Great Pictures and Great news.

#370 4 years ago

Now, if the posts stay tight, I’m a buyer.

#371 4 years ago

How long until October? Get those premiums on the line, dude!

#372 4 years ago

October can't come soon enough!!!

#373 4 years ago

It's a bit funny that full artwork up to the post for a seemless playfield with the possibility of a small chip here or there is worse than large gaps of no artwork around every post everywhere!

#374 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

It's a bit funny that full artwork up to the post for a seemless playfield with the possibility of a small chip here or there is worse than large gaps of no artwork around every post everywhere!

One is deliberate, one is not.

#375 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

One is deliberate, one is not.

I agree that it looks neater and intentional. It is also my preference over having chips.

But it is still a substantially greater loss of artwork than a few chips would ever be.

#376 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

I agree that it looks neater and intentional. It is also my preference over having chips.
But it is still a substantially greater loss of artwork than a few chips would ever be.

The Bally Williams has the best of both worlds to my recollection... full art and no chipping.

#377 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

The Bally Williams has the best of both worlds to my recollection... full art and no chipping.

Apparently a handful of early JP2 pros do too!

#378 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

That's quite a markup.

I'm sure it was done for the good of the pinball community.

#379 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

That’s fair but what about a year from now.... two years.... where does the chipping stop?

#380 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

That’s fair but what about a year from now.... two years.... where does the chipping stop?

I suspect the chipping is a result of an inflexibility with the color that prefers to adhere to the gloss instead of the wood. On new machines, this would manifest at posts that squeeze the wood when tightened.

My biggest concern is what happens when the ball leaves a large dimple in the middle of the playfield. I'd hate to see a chip there.

#381 4 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

What you guys think of this for our new baby??
https://modfatherpinball.com/collections/jurassic-park/products/jurassic-park-stern-mission-chopper?variant=29654456696876
Thumbs up or Thumbs down??
and lastly,
Where would you install it??[quoted image]

I love your mods, but isn't that the the $6 matchbox toy?
ebay.com link: c

#382 4 years ago

Just received an email to pay in full for my Premium. Sounds like Stern is pushing the full payment before you get it because of the buyers backing out of their order.

#383 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Just received an email to pay in full for my Premium. Sounds like Stern is pushing the full payment before you get it because of the buyers backing out of their order.

Sounds more like a distributer choice rather than a directive from Stern. Would be very surprising otherwise.

#384 4 years ago

That’s your distributor trying not to be the bag-holder.

#385 4 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Sounds more like a distributer choice rather than a directive from Stern. Would be very surprising otherwise.

I agree with Flynnyfalcon. Indeed, I have worked with different distributors for NIBs in the past, and their practices vary as to when they ask for full payment, just as their allocation numbers vary. I wouldn't read anything into it.

#386 4 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

I agree with Flynnyfalcon. Indeed, I have worked with different distributors for NIBs in the past, and their practices vary as to when they ask for full payment, just as their allocation numbers vary. I wouldn't read anything into it.

I was wondering because because this isn’t a normal practice of the distributor I’m using. I’ve bought NIB from him in the past.

#387 4 years ago

no - it's just your distributor. Find a new one.

#388 4 years ago

I’m good with it.

#389 4 years ago

Hi All,

Am I dreaming or did I see that the LE does come with game blades?

The time has come to start pre-buying goodies. This addiction needs to stop.

Thanks.

#390 4 years ago

I just got tracking Information!

#391 4 years ago

LE does come with game blades

Most LE's do come with side art.

#392 4 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Most LE's do come with side art.

One less MOD to buy...haha.

#393 4 years ago

Oh man, looks like the LE's are coming in hot!!

#394 4 years ago

Corn

#395 4 years ago

My Distro just told me get ready it's shipping out and be ready to jump in the "Park" Jurassic Park that is.

How about some mod news.??

My buddy who has been hard at work making the Barbasol can is ready to ship them soon....around the 22nd or so.

If you have been following the thread and seeing all the tweaks, ideas, suggestions and pictures then you already know. If not how about a quick picture and link to his thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jp-amp-jp2-light-mod/page/4

SUPER EARLY BIRD
If you are on the list as of right now in post #1, you get a $5 super early adopters bonus and get the unit at $124.99 + shipping closes Sept 22nd.

Let me know if you want me to get you added to the Super Early List , he is super busy until this weekend. We are getting some hi-def pictures made to show over the weekend.

Have a great day Peeps.

barbasolmod (resized).jpgbarbasolmod (resized).jpg
#396 4 years ago

Look like I’ll be getting my Premium after the 2019 Pinball Expo in Chicago (Thursday 10/17 is start).

Long month of waiting.

#397 4 years ago

The time has come to start pre-buying goodies. This addiction needs to stop.

Woah, easy tiger.

#398 4 years ago

Got the request for final payment on my premium today. Distributor says its shipping to me next week.

#399 4 years ago
Quoted from Morhaus:

Look like I’ll be getting my Premium after the 2019 Pinball Expo in Chicago (Thursday 10/17 is start).
Long month of waiting.

Its coming.....................

#400 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Woah, easy tiger.

HAHA..

The list is starting...

1) Barbasol Can
2) Dino Egg
3) All items from @ulekstore -almost all...left off the plate as my pin is LE

I will pick up shooter rod, amber plate and some other goodies (Lighting Items) at the expo in a month. If I can wait that long.

Who wants to meet for a few beers??

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz
Other
There are 9,199 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 184.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/8?hl=tbutler6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.