(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_030524583 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_031412806.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0996 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0997 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0382 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0381 (resized).jpeg
20231207_202319 (resized).jpg
IMG_0971 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,199 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 184.
#4401 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Glare from the speaker lights looks really annoying...

looks worse in the pictures, on mine you don't notice it at all. the speaker lights Doug does for the LE's are superb.

Neil.

#4402 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I just looked at mine. The front plate of the bracket is in front of the target, so it gets hit and then pushes into the target. It seems like the bracket should only be held in place by a pin through the front that it pivots on. I circled one side of the pin in my picture. The screw in the middle of the bracket isn’t supposed to block the bracket or be holding the bracket down at all.[quoted image]

Quoted from cooked71:

Will check mine out today manny65 - can’t say I even remember it moving.

Well I've improved it but still don't get as much movement as others I've seen - when I screwed the plate down firmly it would pull the metal arm (that is supposed to kick the raptor) in such that the target was pulled to the back of it's movement and nothing would move. I bent this metal arm to slightly increase the angle from 90 degrees that it was which allows it to sit in front of the target correctly but I'm not sure if this was the issue (... maybe my target is sitting too far forward). I also increased the counter-weight on the raptor's tail to make it swing back up.

While I was working on the game, I also centered the raptor gate and straightened some standup targets (the most important one was the supply drop target that was leaning into the raptor tower shot) and re-tightened the posts & screws.

#4403 4 years ago

Anyone had their trex head hit the gate plastics on the left and the cabinet side? my wife thinks the rex hit the side of the cab when thrashing this afternoon. there is a small ark on her side and the cabinet, not sure how its been possible.

#4404 4 years ago
Quoted from Jodannar:

Anyone had their trex head hit the gate plastics on the left and the cabinet side? my wife thinks the rex hit the side of the cab when thrashing this afternoon. there is a small ark on her side and the cabinet, not sure how its been possible.

Yes. Mine has been as well. I’ve been wondering which adjustment will change that far left limit so it doesn’t contact the fence.

#4405 4 years ago

Theres a left limit adjustment, but i haven't played enough with it to know if it affects it. the bias + and - can be confusing to set.

#4406 4 years ago

For replacing the jeep / truck: I've been trying to find a 1:43 scale model of the green and red Ford (Jungle) Explorer. From others who have replaced theirs with the Jada Jeep 1:43, that seems to be the right scale. Anyone know of a company who makes the explorer in 1:43 scale? So far, I've only been able to find Matchbox and Tomica models that are too small (1:64 scale). Here's a pic of the Matchbox one for reference. Thanks!

Matchbox Jurassic Ford Explorer (resized).jpgMatchbox Jurassic Ford Explorer (resized).jpg
#4407 4 years ago

Has anyone installed the Mezel mods backboard lighting on their JP? I usually love adding lights but in some of the photos of the installed lights the back area looks overly bathed in green light.

#4408 4 years ago
Quoted from Polidori:

Has anyone installed the Mezel mods backboard lighting on their JP? I usually love adding lights but in some of the photos of the installed lights the back area looks overly bathed in green light.

Yes. Looks good as it was very dark. Love the green .

#4409 4 years ago
Quoted from Polidori:

That's because they ARE overly bathed in green.
Email mezel and see if they can do a white variant.

#4410 4 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

That's because they ARE overly bathed in green.
Email mezel and see if they can do a white variant.

Or save yourself about $25-$30 and just call up Ryan at Comet pinball or go to their website and order up a matrix light strip of your color choice. You can add in the controller and still be under $10.

I really like Mezel Mods but I just hate that some of these mod companies charge SO MUCH for an LED light strip so I always refer people to Comet when doing these things or the through lighting.

8 inch frosted strip in the color of your choice - $6.50 - https://www.cometpinball.com/products/lighting-strips?variant=29560909463654
Brightness adapter - $1.95 - https://www.cometpinball.com/products/brightness-adjusters?variant=12493660618796

Don't want to alligator clip them? Get one of these and replace a GI bulb in the back of the game with it. - $1.39 - https://www.cometpinball.com/products/quick-connects?variant=27684815667302

#4411 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Or save yourself about $25-$30 and just call up Ryan at Comet pinball or go to their website and order up a matrix light strip of your color choice. You can add in the controller and still be under $10.
I really like Mezel Mods but I just hate that some of these mod companies charge SO MUCH for an LED light strip so I always refer people to Comet when doing these things or the through lighting.
8 inch frosted strip in the color of your choice - $6.50 - https://www.cometpinball.com/products/lighting-strips?variant=29560909463654
Brightness adapter - $1.95 - https://www.cometpinball.com/products/brightness-adjusters?variant=12493660618796
Don't want to alligator clip them? Get one of these and replace a GI bulb in the back of the game with it. - $1.39 - https://www.cometpinball.com/products/quick-connects?variant=27684815667302

Yes that is route I usually go.
Some people just want an easy package but I agree that the upcharge on some of these things is little silly.

#4412 4 years ago
Quoted from Polidori:

I ordered them because I liked how it looked in pictures, but found it was distracting in person and took them off.

#4413 4 years ago

Thanks to everyone who responded to my question about the Mezel backboard lights. Great tip on the Comet options too.

#4414 4 years ago

I used a Matrix split bulb in the top right GI, and used a lead and 6 SMD Pad, as a topper light, but could easily control a strip, or a spot light, any in sync with GI lighting.

#4415 4 years ago

Man, I still can't make it to the visitor center, seems like I always do something stupid or the ball gets a mind of its own when I get close. I've got it dialed in, great flow, I can hit my shots, but just still seem to drain when I get close. Grrrrrr... But I can't stop playing....

#4416 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Man, I still can't make it to the visitor center, seems like I always do something stupid or the ball gets a mind of its own when I get close. I've got it dialed in, great flow, I can hit my shots, but just still seem to drain when I get close. Grrrrrr... But I can't stop playing....

I know the feeling, love the game, the flow and combos but just can't keep the ball on the playfield - even went to 5 ball and still can't get there (actually don't seem to progress any further even with extra balls). Think I need to go back to 3 balls and play better

#4417 4 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

I know the feeling, love the game, the flow and combos but just can't keep the ball on the playfield - even went to 5 ball and still can't get there (actually don't seem to progress any further even with extra balls). Think I need to go back to 3 balls and play better

cant even get there on 6 balls...lol

#4418 4 years ago

Okay, I thought it was just me...Deadflip makes it look easy!!!

Curious, where do you guys have your outlane posts...middle or all the way down (smallest lane)

#4419 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Curious, where do you guys have your outlane posts...middle or all the way down (smallest lane)

Currently middle

#4420 4 years ago

Just installed my Pteranodon, using some stainless piano wire I had for making gates. It looks so great!

IMG_20200203_223313 (resized).jpgIMG_20200203_223313 (resized).jpg
#4421 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

All the way open for us.

#4422 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

All the way open for us.

Do you find more effective nudging with them open? Closed doesn't seem to be helping me as I thought it would with the outlane post next to the sling being lower than the sling. Almost traps the ball with no real ability to free it up.

#4423 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Do you find more effective nudging with them open? Closed doesn't seem to be helping me as I thought it would with the outlane post next to the sling being lower than the sling. Almost traps the ball with no real ability to free it up.

No it is harder. When the out lanes are all the way open you have to nudge quite hard to bounce the ball out. My wife and I prefer if the ball times are a little shorter. Forces you to think of safe shots and play better!

#4424 4 years ago

Gotcha, that's what I thought..Yeah, just started playing this year...

#4425 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Gotcha, that's what I thought..Yeah, just started playing this year...

It is an awesome hobby, we love it

#4426 4 years ago

Annoyingly my raptor gate issue is back after I thought I had it fixed. I may have to go down the path of enlarging the holes in the metal bracket to give some adjustment space. Disappointed.

Looked at the bracket mounting to the Playfield and it was 1-2mm bent. Likely leaned on during install meaning the gate wasn’t perpendicular to Playfield. Minor gentle push to get back straight and hopefully it should be sorted.

#4427 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I moved my posts all the way down. Doesn’t seem to make too much of a difference.

#4428 4 years ago

Still debugging my trex. It will move laterally (left right) if touched gently when homes in the center. Potential slack in the gearing? Left position contacts the left post and left thrash extension comes Very close to the cabinet side, right extension is always over the ramp return as I expect.

the rear of the jaw contacts the back of the ramp when lowered. To me this means it needs vertical adjustment, but am wondering about the horizontal. Should it be stiff without any slack?

#4429 4 years ago

Man, I want to love this game but it just kicks my butt. Can’t seem to get the timing right and just brick so many shots. Although I went back to my Star Wars today that is usually really tough and I set a new GC.

#4430 4 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

Man, I want to love this game but it just kicks my butt. Can’t seem to get the timing right and just brick so many shots. Although I went back to my Star Wars today that is usually really tough and I set a new GC.

I feel your pain! I’ve been a brick master for a month straight Grrrrr

#4431 4 years ago

I just broke through a plateau today, got to the 5th paddock, Raptor Chaos, 3 control rooms, 3 Trex events and,. Chaos MB, and got over 675,000,000... I can feel myself getting better... Switched up my stance and hand position using my ring and middle fingers to flip. Went back to Star Wars and it seemed way easier to line up my shots. JP is a Pinball skills trainer

#4432 4 years ago

A friend gave me a ModFather Amber shooter rod for working on his pins, so I did a little modding and lighted it up like the Stern one. I hooked it up to the same connector as the Stern one (CN15), so it is fully interactive with the game. No more waiting for Stern to make these available again!
60236630120__CC086E3D-8D14-4111-A431-9F82ACFFDC92 (resized).JPG60236630120__CC086E3D-8D14-4111-A431-9F82ACFFDC92 (resized).JPGIMG_1598 (resized).jpgIMG_1598 (resized).jpg

IMG_1603 (resized).jpgIMG_1603 (resized).jpg
#4433 4 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

A friend gave me a ModFather Amber shooter rod for working on his pins, so I did a little modding and lighted it up like the Stern one. I hooked it up to the same connector as the Stern one (CN15), so it is fully interactive with the game. No more waiting for Stern to make these available again!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

FYI the 2 LEDs on the Stern shooter operate independently. Sometimes they light/pulse together. At other times they pulse left/right.

#4434 4 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

FYI the 2 LEDs on the Stern shooter operate independently. Sometimes they light/pulse together. At other times they pulse left/right.

I figured that that might be the case, but I also see that they both have the same effect on the rod. It's either lit or it's not. No matter which diode is lit, left or right. I considered putting in two separate LEDs and hooking them up that way, but I didn't think that the effect would be noticeable enough to be worth the effort.
Plus, when you're playing you only see the shooter rod in your periphery. It's not like it's on the playfield. You almost have to look away from the playfield to see it.

#4435 4 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice. I thought about doing the same

#4436 4 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I figured that that might be the case, but I also see that they both have the same effect on the rod. It's either lit or it's not. No matter which diode is lit, left or right. I considered putting in two separate LEDs and hooking them up that way, but I didn't think that the effect would be noticeable enough to be worth the effort.
Plus, when you're playing you only see the shooter rod in your periphery. It's not like it's on the playfield. You almost have to look away from the playfield to see it.

Nice job .

#4437 4 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

Make sure your machine is level. Makes a big difference in my game. I have it at 7.0 degrees. I use a digital level from Lowes.

#4438 4 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Make sure your machine is level. Makes a big difference in my game. I have it at 7.0 degrees. I use a digital level from Lowes.

I was having issues....dont know why, with Phone app, so I ordered this from Ebay:
$7.43. Even from 6.5 to 7.0 changes ramp success rate. So Im trying this for more accuracy?

ebay.com link: Mini Digital Protractors Gauge Level Angle Finders Inclinometer Magnet Base Set

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4439 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I was having issues....dont know why, with Phone app, so I ordered this from Ebay:
$7.43. Even from 6.5 to 7.0 changes ramp success rate. So Im trying this for more accuracy?
ebay.com link » Mini Digital Protractors Gauge Level Angle Finders Inclinometer Magnet Base Set[quoted image]

Let's hope that the Corona Virus doesn't spread by touch . . .
My wife orders stuff from China frequently. But she is waiting a while during this scare, just in case.

#4440 4 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Let's hope that the Corona Virus doesn't spread by touch . . .
My wife orders stuff from China frequently. But she is waiting a while during this scare, just in case.

Unless you have something express shipped from China you shouldn't have anything to worry about. Viruses don't live that long outside of the body. typically 1 to at most 7 days.

#4441 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Anyone recognize this from inside of the cabinet? It appears to be some sort of plastic spacer.[quoted image]

Does anyone know where to buy these plastic spacers? I now lost the one I reinstalled. I need some lock tight :/.

#4442 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Does anyone know where to buy these plastic spacers? I now lost the one I reinstalled. I need some lock tight :/.

https://www.pinballlife.com/plastic-spacers.html

Give that a try.

#4443 4 years ago

I have a premium and freaking loving it. Luckily, I haven't experienced many of the issues discussed on this thread except for my TREX doesn't always grab the ball. I have read the threads and the key posts and I'm going to adjust the left/right bias to better center the mouth when lowered on the ramp. What is happening is that the ball sometimes just hits his open mouth with no catch. The lower jaw seems properly adjusted on the vertical axis, so I'm assuming it's an opto not registering properly issue. I read about the tape hack fix on the lower portion of the ramp entrance optos, the more permanent opto shim fix, as well as the removal of the ramp entrance black plastic spacers.

I'm curious for folks to weigh in to see what fixes they've applied to success. The removal of the black plastic spacers seems quite easy, but I'm concerned that, if lowered, the roof plastic at the ramp entrance will potentially clip the ball on faster moving shots and prevent it from going up the ramp smoothly. Perhaps that's not the case, but figured I'd ping the community to see what folks have observed.

Thanks!

#4444 4 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

I have a premium and freaking loving it. Luckily, I haven't experienced many of the issues discussed on this thread except for my TREX doesn't always grab the ball. I have read the threads and the key posts and I'm going to adjust the left/right bias to better center the mouth when lowered on the ramp. What is happening is that the ball sometimes just hits his open mouth with no catch. The lower jaw seems properly adjusted on the vertical axis, so I'm assuming it's an opto not registering properly issue. I read about the tape hack fix on the lower portion of the ramp entrance optos, the more permanent opto shim fix, as well as the removal of the ramp entrance black plastic spacers.
I'm curious for folks to weigh in to see what fixes they've applied to success. The removal of the black plastic spacers seems quite easy, but I'm concerned that, if lowered, the roof plastic at the ramp entrance will potentially clip the ball on faster moving shots and prevent it from going up the ramp smoothly. Perhaps that's not the case, but figured I'd ping the community to see what folks have observed.
Thanks!

Similar to yours, mine was working pretty well initially but some clean shots weren’t being caught. I did the tape fix and it made a difference. After that almost all shots that should be caught were being caught.

#4445 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

ebay.com link » Mini Digital Protractors Gauge Level Angle Finders Inclinometer Magnet Base Set[quoted image]

I looked at similar devices, but most have an accuracy of +-0.1-0.2 degrees. The display reads to .01 but that's ultimately meaningless. I hope it works out for you but the accuracy is no better than an iPhone unfortunately.

#4446 4 years ago

I use this one...Works amazing

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Empire-9-in-Magnetic-Digital-Torpedo-Level-em105-9/310152658

empire-levels-em105-9-64_1000.jpgempire-levels-em105-9-64_1000.jpg
#4447 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Similar to yours, mine was working pretty well initially but some clean shots weren’t being caught. I did the tape fix and it made a difference. After that almost all shots that should be caught were being caught.

Appreciate your response, but I'd prefer not employing the tape fix since it doesn't look very good. Was hoping to get some feedback on the removal of the black spacers fix

#4448 4 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Appreciate your response, but I'd prefer not employing the tape fix since it doesn't look very good. Was hoping to get some feedback on the removal of the black spacers fix

I tried removing the spacers and for my machine it didn’t improve the results. After I did the tape fix and it improved things I put the spacers back on.

#4449 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I tried removing the spacers and for my machine it didn’t improve the results. After I did the tape fix and it improved things I put the spacers back on.

I must have missed it, but what is the tape fix? Mine rarely misses a ball so I might not even need it anyway

#4450 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I must have missed it, but what is the tape fix? Mine rarely misses a ball so I might not even need it anyway

It involves putting electrical tape across the lower part of the opening in the guide rail for the opto beam. This helps the opto trigger on fast shots by preventing light from bleeding around the lower part of the ball, which can result in the opto beam not being broken long enough to register on a fast moving shot. I did it on the opto for the left orbit also. Here’s a link to a post I made when I did mine. First pic shows tape on the orbit opto and the T-Rex ramp. Second pic is just the ramp.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/65#post-5328626

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop
Backbox
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs
Other
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Inver Grove Heights, MN
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 16.00
Machine - For Sale
Niwot, CO
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
$ 35.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com
Protection
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 39.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9,199 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 184.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/89?hl=nameim and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.