(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,218 posts
  • 803 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by scootss
  • Topic is favorited by 439 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1098 (resized).png
B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_030524583 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,218 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 185.
#4351 4 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

That topper looks like it says JURASSK PARK

Thanks! Can't be unseen now

#4352 4 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:Wait are you saying that as of right now, no more rods are being released by Stern to anyone? I've had mine on preorder from Little Shop Of Games since the first week of Aug. They ordered like 20 way back then and have only received 4. I'm next in line but per your description it sound like it could be quite sometime...

I feel your pain, I too ordered my shooter rod in the beginning of August from Little Shop Of Games. I am waiting patiently like everyone else at this point.

#4353 4 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

That topper looks like it says JURASSK PARK

It's a great topper. Don't be a DKK.

#4354 4 years ago
Quoted from Polidori:

Can anyone tell me exactly what's in the 'goody bag' stapled to the inside of my LE? I really don't want to remove the bag unless there's a compelling reason for doing so.

Just a coupon for $200 off a Stern topper.

#4355 4 years ago
Quoted from madscientist101:

Whatever is by default on the latest code as I didn’t change any settings for sound.

Try switching the ohm settings. Worked for my LE.

#4356 4 years ago

Got my machine today. No issues out of the box that I could find. After about 20 games though the trex has gained a noticeable louder movement noise almost a grind on the left right movement. I’ve inspected the wiring and nothing is catching, up and down is quiet. I can’t see any loose hardware. Looking for suggestions.

Also any tips on the raptor gate, sometimes it comes up and traps e ball when I get it behind the captive post and it’s held, other times the ball is held and then the gate doesn’t raise and the ball is released..
Any assistance is appreciated. Thankyou

#4357 4 years ago

So... finally also got a JP (Premium). I was a bit reluctant but finally it got me. Software seems to be pretty cool with some interesting concepts.

Watching T-Rex on screen and the interactive toy and hearing the sound and! feeling the shaker made me buy this machine

Shots are great and additionally great story telling... awesome.

Unfortunately I have to wait until a friend of mine has time to unbox it and install a playfield protector.

#4358 4 years ago
Quoted from Jodannar:

Got my machine today. No issues out of the box that I could find. After about 20 games though the trex has gained a noticeable louder movement noise almost a grind on the left right movement. I’ve inspected the wiring and nothing is catching, up and down is quiet. I can’t see any loose hardware. Looking for suggestions.
Also any tips on the raptor gate, sometimes it comes up and traps e ball when I get it behind the captive post and it’s held, other times the ball is held and then the gate doesn’t raise and the ball is released..
Any assistance is appreciated. Thankyou

As far as I know all of the T-Rexes are loud. Mine definitely is if I have the audio turned down low.
As far as the Raptor gate, are you on .97?

#4359 4 years ago

On the latest code. Seems that the raptor gate is catching somehow in the down position and then not moving up. I can’t see how to adjust its position other than the Playfield height

B5C4D2E9-C0FB-4D55-8F3B-0A5E15BB4794 (resized).jpegB5C4D2E9-C0FB-4D55-8F3B-0A5E15BB4794 (resized).jpeg
#4360 4 years ago

Joined the club. Having played the pro, I really wanted an angry T-Rex. It doesn't dissapoint, she is superb. With the new code where she chews the ball is inspired.
Very happy with both the game and the build quality.

#4361 4 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

I really wanted an angry T-Rex.

Best mech/toy in pinball? Gets my Twippy. Maybe MMR castle as a close second.

Definitely best animatronic in Pinball.

Whoever engineered this needs to work on more Stern games.

#4362 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Best mech/toy in pinball? Gets my Twippy. Maybe MMR castle as a close second.
Definitely best animatronic in Pinball.
Whoever engineered this needs to work on more Stern games.

Absolutely. Hands down best mech in pinball.

#4363 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Absolutely. Hands down best mech in pinball.

I can’t believe it actually works TBH.

#4364 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I can’t believe it actually works TBH.

Well, it took a little.... ‘massaging’ but man, it’s awesome when it gets dialed in.

#4365 4 years ago

I know it's subjective, but my mind is still blown from all the Pro people saying "Trex doesn't absolutely nothing for me. Don't need it to eat the ball, worthless."

#4366 4 years ago
Quoted from Jodannar:

On the latest code. Seems that the raptor gate is catching somehow in the down position and then not moving up. I can’t see how to adjust its position other than the Playfield height[quoted image]

I had this issue as well. The gate was installed too close to the PF (should have been centered). Loosen the mech (under the PF) and see if you can move it forward a bit (so it doesn’t “catch” on the PF).

#4367 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I had this issue as well. The gate was installed too close to the PF (should have been centered). Loosen the mech (under the PF) and see if you can move it forward a bit (so it doesn’t “catch” on the PF).

To add to this comment, you might need to slightly enlarge the mounting holes so that you can get some play in the mech. I used a slightly larger drill bit to make it work, another person used a dremel tool to enlarge the holes.

#4368 4 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

To add to this comment, you might need to slightly enlarge the mounting holes so that you can get some play in the mech. I used a slightly larger drill bit to make it work, another person used a dremel tool to enlarge the holes.

Ditto - mine was mounted slightly crooked, causing it to get stuck on the top of the pf as it retracted and having the ball get stuck in the raptor cage when the gate dropped. I had to make the mounting holes slightly larger, then filled in the bigger hole with a couple of broken off toothpicks, and re-screwed it down and it's been great since then.

EDIT:
Mine were misaligned - the hole was off by about 1/16" which was enough to not allow the gate to drop all the way down so the back lip was stuck on the pf and balls couldn't exit the raptor cage. The only way to get it back in alignment was to rotate/move the bracket by 1/16" or so. I'm not sure I actually drilled out any more of the hole now that I think back...I believe I just filled it in with toothpicks and then was able to make a "new" hole so the bracket was in the right spot.

#4369 4 years ago
Quoted from jdroc:

Ditto - mine was mounted slightly crooked, causing it to get stuck on the top of the pf as it retracted and having the ball get stuck in the raptor cage when the gate dropped. I had to make the mounting holes slightly larger, then filled in the bigger hole with a couple of broken off toothpicks, and re-screwed it down and it's been great since then.

To be clear, I enlarged the metal holes on the mech, not the wood. Either could work though.

#4370 4 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

To be clear, I enlarged the metal holes on the mech, not the wood. Either could work though.

Woah - do not enlarge the holes in the wood!

#4371 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Woah - do not enlarge the holes in the wood!

That's probably better advice (or clearer, as I think back on what I did)!

Mine were misaligned - the hole was off by about 1/16" which was enough to not allow the gate to drop all the way down so the back lip was stuck on the pf and balls couldn't exit the raptor cage. The only way to get it back in alignment was to rotate/move the bracket by 1/16" or so. I'm not sure I actually drilled out any more of the hole now that I think back...I believe I just filled it in with toothpicks and then was able to make a "new" hole so the bracket was in the right spot.

I'll edit my previous post to clarify this so someone doesn't see that and follow my advice without reading the next few posts telling them not to!

#4372 4 years ago
Quoted from jdroc:

That's probably better advice (or clearer, as I think back on what I did)!
I'll edit my previous post to clarify this so someone doesn't see that and follow my advice without reading the next few posts telling them not to!

On my machine, the poorly drilled/aligned gate was impacted by a washer that was pushing the gate ever so slightly. When I replaced the washer and loosened/nudged the gate, the situation improved. Hopefully the photos below will illustrate what I'm talking about...

Interesting to see others are impacted by this...when I spoke with Chas @ Stern, he said he never heard of this issue. It's too bad the gate bracket doesn't have any ability to "dial it in"...hopefully they will revise the part for the next run. I have a new gate coming...plan to alter the bracket so I don't have to fiddle with drilling new PF holes (which is more risky).
IMG_0692 (resized).jpegIMG_0692 (resized).jpegIMG_0694 (resized).jpegIMG_0694 (resized).jpegIMG_0698 (resized).jpegIMG_0698 (resized).jpeg

#4373 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

when I spoke with Chas @ Stern, he said he never heard of this issue.

That is odd - I emailed with Chas about this issue 10/30/2019. He no doubt handles a LOT of support issues and can't remember them all I guess. This is what I wrote him:

* next issue is the way that my raptor gate was installed. I have this one fixed but wanted to bring it to your attention. The first attempt to screw it in failed it looks like, so the person just moved it a little and made a new hole. This turned the gate slightly and the lip of the gate got stuck on the playfield. This caused rejects to the cage and if the ball did get in the cage it could never roll out.

my original post about the gate issue from the day I took delivery:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/41#post-5280029

#4374 4 years ago

Those fall off a LOT. Have replaced em 3 times already.

#4375 4 years ago
Quoted from jdroc:

That is odd - I emailed with Chas about this issue 10/30/2019. He no doubt handles a LOT of support issues and can't remember them all I guess. This is what I wrote him:
* next issue is the way that my raptor gate was installed. I have this one fixed but wanted to bring it to your attention. The first attempt to screw it in failed it looks like, so the person just moved it a little and made a new hole. This turned the gate slightly and the lip of the gate got stuck on the playfield. This caused rejects to the cage and if the ball did get in the cage it could never roll out.
my original post about the gate issue from the day I took delivery:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/41#post-5280029

My email on this issue was dated 12/13/2019. If they are relying on folks "memory", they are a poorly managed company (which is entirely possible). Since we are effectively the QA arm of Stern pinball, they should be logging all of these issues. If they were really professional (like in the old days), they'd send out service bulletins with suggested fixes. On 12/16, Chaz said "I wasn't aware this was a problem". Sigh. I'd hate to think this response is recited just to minimize the impact. Whatever....

#4376 4 years ago

I had the craziest magnetic encounter today. Think Area 51 and play some Skully Music.

The ball I swear was eaten buy something, kinda like the American Gods Lady...well you know what I mean if you have seen that.

When the ball appeared it hit the two hard targets, villains computer and then swirled around and hit the other. Whoa Batman Reward.

I hope someone else can join my hallucinations.

B I Z A R R E.

No I was not drinking , smoking or anything else . HAHA.

#4377 4 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

I had the craziest magnetic encounter today. Think Area 51 and play some Skully Music.
The ball I swear was eaten buy something, kinda like the American Gods Lady...well you know what I mean if you have seen that.
When the ball appeared it hit the two hard targets, villains computer and then swirled around and hit the other. Whoa Batman Reward.
B I Z A R R E.

B8DE2F01-C2F6-47A2-958A-FE9D59706BCD.gifB8DE2F01-C2F6-47A2-958A-FE9D59706BCD.gif
#4378 4 years ago

B I Z A R R E.

Are you drinking and smoking now?

This is the JP thread...

#4379 4 years ago

B I Z A R R E.

What the what?

I honestly don't understand anything I just read here

#4380 4 years ago

#4381 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

What the what?

Well Shit....I am only in 2 threads and posted in the wrong one...HAHAAH. If you anyone here has Batamn 66 then help a brother out.

Sorry Guys.

Now I am going to drink.

#4382 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

What the what?

Translation: The ball got some crazy english on it and pinball happened.

#4383 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

What the what?

HAHAHAHAHA

#4384 4 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Translation: The ball got some crazy english on it and pinball happened.

American gods took over my ball.

#4385 4 years ago

Installed the speaker lights from Doug at speakerlightkits.com and am very happy with them. Super easy to install and they provide just the right amount of light around the speakers.
4A772FA5-316C-4D52-AB6F-4A25974296D2 (resized).jpeg4A772FA5-316C-4D52-AB6F-4A25974296D2 (resized).jpeg

#4386 4 years ago
Quoted from Polidori:

Installed the speaker lights from Doug at speakerlightkits.com and am very happy with them. Super easy to install and they provide just the right amount of light around the speakers.
[quoted image]

thanks for the thumbs up

#4387 4 years ago

My raptor isn't moving, it moves freely by hand and doesn't seem to be getting caught on anything (as per the issues previously posted). I noticed the screw under the raptor on the metal bracket was loose, however when I tighten it the metal arm that makes the raptor lean forward doesn't move at all.

Has anyone got closeup photos of how this mechanism should look or be assembled (the manual doesn't show this)? Does the vertical component of the metal arm sit in front of the target in the raptor pit, so the ball hits it which pushes against the target switch and flips the back up to knock the raptor forward? Or does that piece sit behind the target? I've tried both but neither work.

Any help appreciated

Raptor (resized).JPGRaptor (resized).JPG
#4388 4 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

My raptor isn't moving, it moves freely by hand and doesn't seem to be getting caught on anything (as per the issues previously posted). I noticed the screw under the raptor on the metal bracket was loose, however when I tighten it the metal arm that makes the raptor lean forward doesn't move at all.
Has anyone got closeup photos of how this mechanism should look or be assembled (the manual doesn't show this)? Does the vertical component of the metal arm sit in front of the target in the raptor pit, so the ball hits it which pushes against the target switch and flips the back up to knock the raptor forward? Or does that piece sit behind the target? I've tried both but neither work.
Any help appreciated[quoted image]

Mine appears to do the same. Only started happening the last couple of weeks.

#4389 4 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

What is this?(within the circle pictured) My raptor does not have this
903E24EC-BF63-4219-B6D1-A54F467A8CA7 (resized).jpeg903E24EC-BF63-4219-B6D1-A54F467A8CA7 (resized).jpeg

#4390 4 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

I just looked at mine. The front plate of the bracket is in front of the target, so it gets hit and then pushes into the target. It seems like the bracket should only be held in place by a pin through the front that it pivots on. I circled one side of the pin in my picture. The screw in the middle of the bracket isn’t supposed to block the bracket or be holding the bracket down at all.

58EBAB0E-6B35-49C4-AA40-1AA0A2545E8C (resized).jpeg58EBAB0E-6B35-49C4-AA40-1AA0A2545E8C (resized).jpeg
#4391 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

What is this?(within the circle pictured) My raptor does not have this
[quoted image]

That’s the hex post holding up the clear plastic piece between the raptor and the cabinet.

#4392 4 years ago
Quoted from Polidori:

[quoted image]

Glare from the speaker lights looks really annoying...

#4393 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I am having that issue on my new Batman trade. It's annoying. HD glass will not fix it. I am thinking to use the anti glare stickers from comet and cut them in a circle over the lights and not ruin the speaker sounds.

I heard pinstadiums will work . I have them on my JP and they are fantastic. Batman center is dark so will be getting one at TPF.

I want the lights for JP to glow thru the caution stickers...it should be a cool effect. I just cant handle the glare..

My 2 mod crazy machines will be under the tent at TPF. If you are going come over and say hi and let's drink a Jurassic beer.

60108435304__5DE9EA1A-5C3A-41E6-A50A-0379D90BB052 (resized).JPG60108435304__5DE9EA1A-5C3A-41E6-A50A-0379D90BB052 (resized).JPG
#4394 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I dont notice it at all while playing.
It's really just the very corners from a players perspective.
A "bent plastic" would probably eliminate it entirely.

#4395 4 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

I dont notice it at all while playing.
It's really just the very corners from a players perspective.
A "bent plastic" would probably eliminate it entirely.

As above ...
I use these on BW DMD games

https://www.pinballlife.com/bent-plastic.html

#4396 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

These Speaker Light Kits have 14 different levels of adjustable brightness.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

#4397 4 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

These Speaker Light Kits have 14 different levels of adjustable brightness.
Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

Best way to eliminate glare: turn off the lights during gameplay.

#4398 4 years ago

raptor gate corrected, needed a minor move forward. its still very close at the back compared to the front, but its reliably working now, no binding . currently my game is at 6.5 degrees at the flippers, debating whether i should increase it to 7. C and S shots are quite difficult, with the C shot often dribbling out and hitting the top of the sling. release from control room seems to miss the sling 80% of the time. Level left to right

#4399 4 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Best way to eliminate glare: turn off the lights during gameplay.

Yep...love the option on most Spike games that allows you to dim the BB lights when you press start (not sure everyone is aware of it, which is why I mention it here). One of the few options I've lobbied for over the years that Stern implemented

#4400 4 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Will check mine out today Manny65 - can’t say I even remember it moving.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinhead mods

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 9,218 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 185.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/88?hl=flippinjimmy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.