(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,218 posts
  • 803 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by scootss
  • Topic is favorited by 439 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1098 (resized).png
B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_030524583 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,218 posts in this topic. You are on page 87 of 185.
#4301 4 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Added the audio callouts from the movie last night to my JP Premium courtesy of delt31 and I really enjoy the difference in the game now. From callouts that add more excitement and authenticity to gameplay to the attract mode music after a game is over--there is a notable improvement, IMO. Thanks delt31, for all your work on this and for pointing me to the latest download.

Is that a new code for .97?? I lost mine when I did a full install....now I know just do a Quick in the future.

If so Please let me know so I can download it.

Thanks.

#4302 4 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Ugh my distributor still hasn't gotten his allotment, sounds like it could be a while yet.
Good thing this one is "bolted".
I can be patient.

Got somewhat promising news from Stern this morning. They haven't had any stock in the past few weeks but are expecting about 50 pcs in the next week or two. So that sounds like production hasn't halted, just stalled again it seems. I'll definitely post again once I receive shipping confirmation from LSOG.

#4303 4 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Got somewhat promising news from Stern this morning. They haven't had any stock in the past few weeks but are expecting about 50 pcs in the next week or two. So that sounds like production hasn't halted, just stalled again it seems. I'll definitely post again once I receive shipping confirmation from LSOG.

The problem is after those 50 pieces. Stern is having to find a new manufacturer once this batch is done.

#4304 4 years ago

Took delivery of an LE today and was somewhat surprised to see that the speakers don’t light up. Normal? If this is normal, what are my options if I want to light ‘em up?

#4305 4 years ago
Quoted from Polidori:

Took delivery of an LE today and was somewhat surprised to see that the speakers don’t light up. Normal? If this is normal, what are my options if I want to light ‘em up?

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/SPIKE-2-Standard-or-Deluxe.html

#4306 4 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Is that a new code for .97?? I lost mine when I did a full install....now I know just do a Quick in the future.

If so Please let me know so I can download it.

Thanks.

Sorry, no the current code from delt+others is for .96. Sorry if I was confusing. This was just the first time I had downloaded the code to include movie audio callouts, so I was just excited to share my support.

#4307 4 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Sorry, no the current code from delt+others is for .96. Sorry if I was confusing. This was just the first time I had downloaded the code to include movie audio callouts, so I was just excited to share my support.

All good...I can wait.

#4308 4 years ago
Quoted from Polidori:

Thanks for sharing the link J-Freeze

Polidori if you are interested, I also can get different color speaker surrounds for JP. Ones that will allow the light kits to shine through them and match the game better than the factory Munsters "Goldtastic". If you are interested in seeing any videos of different color surrounds in action with the light kits...send me a PM and I can send some links to you.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

#4309 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

So my Trex’s jaw intermittently doesn’t work - ie the coil to drop the jaw down just stops working. It’s intermittent in the coil test also. Sometimes it’ll drop to pick up the ball, but then not work to let it go. Jaw opto is perfect.
Any ideas?

In case anyone has the same problem, turned out to be a flaky solder connection on the coil that controls Trex’s jaw. It sits in the top of his head, so you need to remove the whole assembly- which is not as bad as it sounds. This coil has the wires pre soldered under the coil paper directly to the copper coil winding. Mine had just separated from one of the wires. I just re-soldered and taped with electircian tape and works perfectly now. But I’ll get a replacement OEM one From Stern just in case. I imagine it could be a future issue for some since it moves and vibrates a lot up there. If anyone needs more pics let me know.

9564147A-0536-49BC-8640-901F96151E04 (resized).jpeg9564147A-0536-49BC-8640-901F96151E04 (resized).jpegE8FE0580-4AB3-4FD0-BAD3-86F48B8EB564 (resized).jpegE8FE0580-4AB3-4FD0-BAD3-86F48B8EB564 (resized).jpeg
#4310 4 years ago
Quoted from Polidori:

Funny, I just got a Deadpool LE and was like, woah the speakers light up. I guess Stern stopped doing this at some point?

#4311 4 years ago

Anyone have a issue with their JP2 plastic channel vibrating? My game sounds like crap with the glass on. I thought maybe rails weren’t tighten enough yet that wasn’t the issue it’s coming from the glass vibrating from the back plastic channel. What’s the fix for this? Is it something I should contact stern about to get replaced?

#4312 4 years ago

I always put electrical tape on the edge of my glass when I add a shaker motor. There is a special tape just for this that pinball mfg sell but it's pricey compared to what I do. Just put it to where the middle of the glass edge is in the middle of the tape and then fold the tape over both sides. Invisible once installed and makes the glass real tight.

I can't think of but maybe 1 or 2 of the games I've ever owned that didn't rattle the glass with a shaker motor being added.

#4313 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I always put electrical tape on the edge of my glass when I add a shaker motor. There is a special tape just for this that pinball mfg sell but it's pricey compared to what I do. Just put it to where the middle of the glass edge is in the middle of the tape and then fold the tape over both sides. Invisible once installed and makes the glass real tight.
I can't think of but maybe 1 or 2 of the games I've ever owned that didn't rattle the glass with a shaker motor being added.

Something is wrong with my game more then just adding tape to edges of glass. The difference in my JP vibrating and all the other games I have owned is day and night not something that just needs a bandaid.

Just holding back plastic channel

#4314 4 years ago
Quoted from madscientist101:

Something is wrong with my game more then just adding tape to edges of glass. The difference in my JP vibrating and all the other games I have owned is day and night not something that just needs a bandaid.

Mine vibrates something awful when the shaker motor hits. I keep meaning to fix it but I'm too busy playing.

#4315 4 years ago

Quoted from bbulkley:

Mine vibrates something awful when the shaker motor hits. I keep meaning to fix it but I'm too busy playing.

I'd try some fabric felt tape. You should only have to do a few pieces spread out in the channel....

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B013H8QDQG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

#4316 4 years ago
Quoted from bbulkley:

This vibrates like crazy with just the normal sound coming from speakers let alone the shaker motor.. originally I thought the back box speakers were blown.

#4317 4 years ago

This vibrates like crazy with just the normal sound coming from speakers let alone the shaker motor.. originally I thought the back box speakers were blown.

Try dialing down the cabinet speaker (not backbox). lower the volume on it a few db and see if it improves the rattling issue. It did on mine. I'm too lazy to install tape right now lol.

#4318 4 years ago
Quoted from bbulkley:

I adjusted my shaker motor and left the game setting on maximal and it is a perfect vibration now. Definitely recommend this if yours is too much

#4319 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Funny, I just got a Deadpool LE and was like, woah the speakers light up. I guess Stern stopped doing this at some point?

Yes, Star Trek LE, Mustang LE, Batman 66 SLE and Deadpool LE are the only games that Stern tried to light the speakers up on. Though Batman SLE and Deadpool LE did a better job than they did in Star Trek LE and (OMG) Mustang LE (I have heard from Mustang LE owners that didn't even know they had lights in them, as they simply can not be seen unless you make a point to look for them), the light kits I sell are still far full featured and, dare I say, better then what the factory Deadpool LE speaker lights can provide. Here is a video with the factory Deadpool LE on the left and my light kit on the right (click the video...the thumbnail is a bit deceiving). I actually think it would have looked even better with a red opaque surround installed instead of the transparent that they included from the factory. I suspect they went with the transparent so their under powered lighting could light them as good as they could. I can get different color speaker surrounds if anyone would want them ($22.50 a pair).

358 different color / color patterns, adjustable speed, adjustable brightness and a favorites list to save up to 8 of your favorite patterns to for easy access or for the controller to auto scroll through.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

Fun Observation: I think Deadpool LE got the factory speaker lights because Stern had the extra light parts around after Batman 66 SLE. They even have them listed as "Batman" parts in the Deadpool LE manual.
Batman in Deadpool (resized).jpgBatman in Deadpool (resized).jpg

PS: A Jurassic Park LE would light up even better around the speaker cones due to the Kenwood speakers they used having light silver speaker cones.

#4320 4 years ago

Honestly, I've had games just as bad as that and the tape fixed it. Yes, it's fairly lose in the channel but it's not necessarily a defective part. I think it has more to do with minor differences in cabs as they are built (you'll notice some have more gap for the PF than others when the PF is up). Some of my games like that stopped when I added the bent plastic for the DMD glare.

Worth investigating more but I'm not thinking a replacement rear channel with fix much.

#4321 4 years ago

Which ohm setting are you on?

#4322 4 years ago

This little guy slid down my playfield just a minute ago (probably rolled) and went into the trough. Stopped the game and fished it out. Any ideas where this goes? I'm guessing about 1/4 inch diameter, maybe 1/6 inch tall, 1/8 inch thick. It's hard plastic, not rubber. Doesn't appear to have any ball impacts on it...

I've looked all over and I can't seem to find any logical spot for it.

Thanks as always!

IMG_4282 (resized).jpgIMG_4282 (resized).jpg
#4323 4 years ago

That's a spacer for the plastic Trex ramp guard, your probably missing the screw there also... There's one on each side of the top of the posts under the clear plastic

Screenshot_20200127-175640_Photos (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200127-175640_Photos (resized).jpg
#4324 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

That's a spacer for the plastic Trex ramp guard, your probably missing the screw there also... There's one on each side of the top of the posts under the clear plastic[quoted image]

Good Eye Foo.

#4325 4 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Which ohm setting are you on?

Whatever is by default on the latest code as I didn’t change any settings for sound.

#4326 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Honestly, I've had games just as bad as that and the tape fixed it. Yes, it's fairly lose in the channel but it's not necessarily a defective part. I think it has more to do with minor differences in cabs as they are built (you'll notice some have more gap for the PF than others when the PF is up). Some of my games like that stopped when I added the bent plastic for the DMD glare.
Worth investigating more but I'm not thinking a replacement rear channel with fix much.

I will investigate more yet I have owned around 45 pins and I have never seen or have had this issue. I am sure it’s not a big deal or a hard fix. I just found out late last night and haven’t gotten to get under the hood yet.

#4327 4 years ago

Not a big "topper" guy, but glad I picked up this TiltTopper...looks even better in person. Also impressed with the price ($245), when compared with Stern developed toppers.
IMG_1031 (resized).jpegIMG_1031 (resized).jpeg

#4328 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Not a big "topper" guy, but glad I picked up this TiltTopper...looks even better in person. Also impressed with the price ($245), when compared with Stern developed toppers.

Totally agree. I love the materials in the topper and the slow pulsing effect of the white lights behind the T-rex as well as the flickering effect of the torches. Quality work.

#4329 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

That's a spacer for the plastic Trex ramp guard, your probably missing the screw there also... There's one on each side of the top of the posts under the clear plastic[quoted image]

You're absolutely right on both counts, THANK YOU VERY MUCH. Now to find that screw...

#4330 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

[quoted image]

May I ask how long it took for you to get it? I've ordered mine about 7 weeks ago and I've made repeated attempts contacting the gentleman at tilttopper to get an update.

#4331 4 years ago
Quoted from ShineSpark:

May I ask how long it took for you to get it? I've ordered mine about 7 weeks ago and I've made repeated attempts contacting the gentleman at tilttopper to get an update.

I also have one on order and am waiting. I just emailed them and they emailed me back right away saying the rest should be shipping out within the next 10 days...the email was just sent to me last Friday...

#4332 4 years ago

Hi All,

Anyone know where I can get some cheap balls..LOL. It's for a display pyramid. None of the top 4-5 guys have any that are not $1.00 each.

Thanks.

#4333 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

[quoted image]

This got my Twipy vote for best topper of 2019. I had actually written in the Black Knight: Sword of Rage topper in the preliminary write in stage (as it is the most impressive topper I have ever seen)....but honestly I don't know why it made the ballot (as it hasn't been released yet...let alone by November 30th). It should have been weeded out, but wasn't. So I took it out of consideration when I was casting my ballot.

Some of the other toppers are nice, but seem to have their faults or be overpriced for what they are (or both). This one looks great and, as you said, at a fair price. That glowing acrylic edge really sets it off.

#4334 4 years ago

#4335 4 years ago
Quoted from ShineSpark:

You're absolutely right on both counts, THANK YOU VERY MUCH. Now to find that screw...

No problem, sometimes lifting the playfield will let it come loose into the cabinet, other times those screws can hide in the strangest places. In the coinbox, in the crevice behind the shake motor, in the wiring harness, behind node boards and even in insert holes. If you can't find it, I wouldn't worry too much, just give the playfield a good once over making sure it's not lodged anywhere that will cause scratching or damage, then just get a new screw from home depot. It'll eventually turn up when you least suspect it

#4336 4 years ago
Quoted from ShineSpark:

Took 2 months, which was fine with me. They've been very response to me via email...

#4337 4 years ago

Hi All,
Anyone know where I can get some cheap balls..LOL. It's for a display pyramid. None of the top 4-5 guys have any that are not $1.00 each.
Thanks.

Ebay.

#4338 4 years ago

Hi All,
Thanks.

Find a local collector that has a bunch of machines. I bet they have them rolling out of their ears. I know if you were local I'd give you as many as you need. When I change the balls in my games (about every 6-12 months depending on plays) I keep the old ones.

#4339 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Find a local collector that has a bunch of machines. I bet they have them rolling out of their ears. I know if you were local I'd give you as many as you need. When I change the balls in my games (about every 6-12 months depending on plays) I keep the old ones.

Thanks....will go ebay route.

#4340 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

[quoted image]

I have one coming. Looks great

#4341 4 years ago

Love my new topper. Got it 2 days ago.

IMG_20200128_113337 (resized).jpgIMG_20200128_113337 (resized).jpg
#4342 4 years ago

That topper looks like it says JURASSK PARK

#4343 4 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

That topper looks like it says JURASSK PARK

VccljZx (resized).jpgVccljZx (resized).jpg
#4344 4 years ago

Can anyone tell me exactly what's in the 'goody bag' stapled to the inside of my LE? I really don't want to remove the bag unless there's a compelling reason for doing so.

#4345 4 years ago
Quoted from Polidori:

Can anyone tell me exactly what's in the 'goody bag' stapled to the inside of my LE? I really don't want to remove the bag unless there's a compelling reason for doing so.

#4346 4 years ago
Quoted from Polidori:

So I can knock $5,000 off the value of mine just to find out what unimaginable treasures are contained within the stapled goody bag?!!

0e08732dfbfffc7a5bd69886f8e2c9e0--always-thinking-of-you-gothic (resized).jpg0e08732dfbfffc7a5bd69886f8e2c9e0--always-thinking-of-you-gothic (resized).jpg
#4347 4 years ago

Keychains and some other bits and bobs. Leaving a goody bag stapled is pretty silly but to each his own

#4348 4 years ago
Quoted from bbulkley:

Keychains and some other bits and bobs. Leaving a goody bag stapled is pretty silly but to each his own

Ripped mine off and put it in the coin box and then in closet...nice and clean for all my mods...haha

Power supply
Amps
8 way splitter

I needed the space....bye bye goody bag.

#4349 4 years ago
Quoted from Polidori:

There’s a code to an amazing Super Duper Wizard Mode which you can’t access unless you remove the bag.

#4350 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

There’s a code to an amazing Super Duper Wizard Mode which you can’t access unless you remove the bag.

How many are going to look now?? shhhh

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aldie, VA
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 14.95
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9,218 posts in this topic. You are on page 87 of 185.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/87?hl=dergoetz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.