(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,218 posts
  • 803 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by scootss
  • Topic is favorited by 439 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1098 (resized).png
B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_030524583 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,218 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 185.
#4251 4 years ago
Quoted from bbulkley:

Yes, I'm talking about the cable bundle inside the black plastic. One on each side if I remember right - they go from the playfield to the head. The left one (at least on mine) is directly behind the T-Rex and I have to push it aside to make sure it doesn't hit the back of the mech. Basically I can't have anything between the mech and the back of the cabinet or I have issues with the T-Rex

Same here. I scratched my head for a while until I realized that the cable harness in the back left of the cabinet was in a redundant loop sitting right behind the T-Rex mech and interfering with the T-Rex movement during gameplay. Since I moved it out of the way into the corner, all is good.

#4252 4 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Same here. I scratched my head for a while until I realized that the cable harness in the back left of the cabinet was in a redundant loop sitting right behind the T-Rex mech and interfering with the T-Rex movement during gameplay. Since I moved it out of the way into the corner, all is good.

Well, I think my issue is a larger one. There is a part called the "link, neck follower" in the image below that doesn't feel like it's connected inside the T-Rex head like it should be. See the part list attached (part IDs 9 and 10). I think this is the part that does the final pull to bring the mouth over the wireform to drop the ball. You can see in the video I made to show Stern tech support (below) that it's very loose. I can reach in and feel there is no screw in the end either. So I guess the next thing I need to try and figure out is the easiest way to take the T-Rex head apart to get to that to reattach it. Any suggestions? Awesome...

Screenshot_20200122-193632_Drive (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200122-193632_Drive (resized).jpg

#4253 4 years ago
Quoted from MrBubbles:

Well, I think my issue is a larger one. There is a part called the "link, neck follower" in the image below that doesn't feel like it's connected inside the T-Rex head like it should be. See the part list attached (part IDs 9 and 10). I think this is the part that does the final pull to bring the mouth over the wireform to drop the ball. You can see in the video I made to show Stern tech support (below) that it's very loose. I can reach in and feel there is no screw in the end either. So I guess the next thing I need to try and figure out is the easiest way to take the T-Rex head apart to get to that to reattach it. Any suggestions? Awesome...

[quoted image]

Just checked on my machine. Yes, that "link neck follower" white plastic lever arm on mine has some minor play, but not at all like yours, which after seeing your video and examining mine, yours definitely looks NOT attached. So, I think you're right.
Also, in looking at mine, I see where you state there's a screw to the left of that white lever arm that might not be fully seated...well, there's not even a screw on mine! Just a hole with threads...guess I better try and find that screw!?!

.. and I found it, looks just like the one you show in your video...in the bottom of the cabinet...nice. However, it doesnt really fit well, so i guess I'll leave it empty for now as my T-Rex is working ok...but if not there, where?? I scoured the top, back and under areas of the playfield and do not see any missing screws otherwise...

Does anyone else have a screw in that spot he showed on the video? Does anyone not have a screw in that spot?

#4254 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

I don’t think anyone likes them but me.... I have a set of the orange on my premium

I have the blue (non sunset) ones on my premium and they look great. I'm fairly certain they are the closest to the LE blades

#4255 4 years ago
Quoted from Had:

I have the blue (non sunset) ones on my premium and they look great. I'm fairly certain they are the closest to the LE blades

I agree. I like the way they look on my JPPREM

#4256 4 years ago

I agree. I like the way they look on my JPPREM

Mind sharing some pics? I'm trying to figure out what to get.

#4257 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

3A5E019A-81EC-4CA4-B71C-21EAC8183A2E (resized).jpeg3A5E019A-81EC-4CA4-B71C-21EAC8183A2E (resized).jpeg3C22BFC3-DC91-4AD2-B967-9E8EE6404089 (resized).jpeg3C22BFC3-DC91-4AD2-B967-9E8EE6404089 (resized).jpeg57D5BAA9-CA1A-47A1-B045-2B0C680901F4 (resized).jpeg57D5BAA9-CA1A-47A1-B045-2B0C680901F4 (resized).jpegE92A2F2B-86EB-4013-84E8-6EC86F43B82F (resized).jpegE92A2F2B-86EB-4013-84E8-6EC86F43B82F (resized).jpeg
#4258 4 years ago

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Glad to see someone else using the free play card I made

#4259 4 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Anyone else getting balls stuck in the gate by the spinner?[quoted image][quoted image]

Anyone have a fix for this? Mine gets stuck there quite a bit. Often enough that I know to let it go to ball search and it will come unstuck rather than nudge it and tilt. It requires more than a little nudge to get it unstuck.

#4260 4 years ago

My solution has been to pull up slightly on the fence that holds the gate (matching the angle in promo shots of the game release by Stern) and have the portion of the fence (circled below) to just be above the ball guide rail slightly.. which just allows the ball to lift the gate ONLY when it's sitting on that corner and not get hung up..it's such a rarity though...99.9 % of the time the gate functions like it should, to stop weak right orbit shots or flow back down the spinner lane...To me the game is perfect like that...Otherwise, ball searching and tilting occurs trying to free it...

This fix works 100% in over 2500 games

b817687e1098fbb1cca35cfb6eb85f2bb866ea8b.jpgb817687e1098fbb1cca35cfb6eb85f2bb866ea8b.jpg
#4261 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

The past few games my Dino has picked up the ball, gone through the theatrics and then forgotten to release it like he doesn’t know it’s in there. Before I investigate, any ideas?

Are you saying Trex holds the ball for a while at the beginning of Trex Multiball and then throws it after a 2nd ball is auto launched? If so, that's the correct sequence now in .97.
If Trex doesn't throw the ball after the 2nd ball is launched then something is wrong.

#4262 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

The sunset ones match the translite, cabinet and some areas of the pf. And it makes your game "warmer" in terms of tones.

jurassic park 1 (resized).jpgjurassic park 1 (resized).jpg

jurassic park 2 (resized).jpgjurassic park 2 (resized).jpg

Quoted from Had:

The art was hand drawn to carefully match the pf art.

#4263 4 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Are you saying Trex holds the ball for a while at the beginning of Trex Multiball and then throws it after a 2nd ball is auto launched? If so, that's the correct sequence now in .97.
If Trex doesn't throw the ball after the 2nd ball is launched then something is wrong.

No, he just forgets he’s got it. But admittedly it’s on .96 code and this was trex 2 I think. Just picked it up, went through the wholes sequence, but never gave it back. Not even after ball search.

#4264 4 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

Glad to see someone else using the free play card I made

Yes!!! We had to have it. Thanks

#4265 4 years ago

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Appreciate it!

Quoted from hassanchop:

The sunset ones match the translite, cabinet and some areas of the pf. And it makes your game "warmer" in terms of tones.

The art was hand drawn to carefully match the pf art.

I'm still torn. They match the cab but the others seem to match the back panel in the game. Decisions decisions

#4266 4 years ago

If anyone is still looking for an amber shooter rod, I just got bought one from Orange County Pinball last week. You may want to check and see if they still have some in stock:

https://www.orangecountypinballs.com/product-page/jurassic-park-stern-accessories

#4267 4 years ago

When should the post go up when you shoot the right orbit is it every time?

#4268 4 years ago
Quoted from Aetos:

When should the post go up when you shoot the right orbit is it every time?

I think it only happens when the truck is pointing right and it does not come up when the truck is left.

#4269 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I think it only happens when the truck is pointing right and it does not come up when the truck is left.

Thanks didn’t know I thought mine was broken. This game is so f good!

#4270 4 years ago
Quoted from wfumed2:

If anyone is still looking for an amber shooter rod, I just got bought one from Orange County Pinball last week. You may want to check and see if they still have some in stock:
https://www.orangecountypinballs.com/product-page/jurassic-park-stern-accessories

Yeah, they’re sold out again thanks to the link going public this morning.

#4271 4 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

Yeah, they’re sold out again thanks to the link going public this morning.

hemisphere pinball still has a few left. I just bought one.

#4272 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Does this also happen in CHAOS MB?

#4273 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I don’t think these are the ones with the LED lights. Probably 3rd party.

#4274 4 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

I don’t think these are the ones with the LED lights. Probably 3rd party.

it has lights, comes with wiring harness and all. He has 3 left on ebay

#4275 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

they are now gone

#4276 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Does this also happen in CHAOS MB?

I don’t know. Lol, during CHAOS I guess I’ve always been too focused on the balls at the flippers to notice if the post is coming up.

#4277 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Just got off the phone with Hemispheres and they don’t have any Stern JP shooter rods either. He had some EBay ads up, but he took them all down. I got some good info though...

Sounds like designer/guy that was supplying Stern with the mold for it bailed on Stern. George Gomez has now been tasked with coming up with a new mold and it will eventually get done, but ‘it’s going to be awhile’. All of the distributors seem frustrated with Stern’s accessory department lately. I was told that Stern has around 50 of the shooter rods in stock which were cast using the original mold, but I’m not sure how they’re going to be distributed amongst all the distributors asking for them. Hemisphere’s wait list is over 45 at this time.

I’ve had one on order with Mike @ GAP since September and I know he’s frustrated the same as me. I’ll just stick it out and keep waiting. I was told that Stern is not going to leave everyone that wants one empty handed, they’re eventually going to get them out to the people, but ‘this is basically Star Wars topper 2.0’. Who knows, maybe the new version will be better? Stern just doesn’t seem to care much about making/designing accessories and would rather make games.

#4278 4 years ago

#4279 4 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

Just got off the phone with Hemispheres and they don’t have any Stern JP shooter rods either. He had some EBay ads up, but he took them all down. I got some good info though...
Sounds like designer/guy that was supplying Stern with the mold for it bailed on Stern. George Gomez has now been tasked with coming up with a new mold and it will eventually get done, but ‘it’s going to be awhile’. All of the distributors seem frustrated with Stern’s accessory department lately. I was told that Stern has around 50 of the shooter rods in stock which were cast using the original mold, but I’m not sure how they’re going to be distributed amongst all the distributors asking for them. Hemisphere’s wait list is over 45 at this time.
I’ve had one on order with Mike @ GAP since September and I know he’s frustrated the same as me. I’ll just stick it out and keep waiting. I was told that Stern is not going to leave everyone that wants one empty handed, they’re eventually going to get them out to the people, but ‘this is basically Star Wars topper 2.0’. Who knows, maybe the new version will be better? Stern just doesn’t seem to care much about making/designing accessories and would rather make games.

yea, dude is full of crap. How you going to sell over 50 JP shooters and NOT have any inventory? I am not floating my money with this idiot. Called Stern and it could a long time before these things are done.

#4280 4 years ago

Does anyone else’s Trex move over to the right and graze the metal ball trail on the right? Mine will clip it once in a while or he will rest his head too far over it and the ball can run into him. Will the right bias change that at all? Or should i try to do a manual raise of the Trex head with the screws down below?

#4282 4 years ago
Quoted from ShineSpark:

Super newbie post again folks, sorry... I've got a set of the Titan bands and I'm ready to put them on but for the slings it appears as though there will need to be at the very least the removal of the wireforms from the raptor tower and the helipad to their respective inlanes to get access. Looks like removal might be easy because they hook around a bolt as opposed to being straight bolted into something but, and I can't stress this enough, I don't know what I'm doing.
Any tips? I'm only marginally afraid at the moment. I've managed to install a new shooter rod and the headphone adapter without f**king anything up so I guess thus far I'm 2/2, albeit with brain dead easy mods.
Thanks as always!

You only need to remove the top and bottom hex nuts off of the triangular sling plastic. Then you can lift the wire ramp bracket and washers off the upper screw post, and then the whole plastic set will lift right off. Don't even bother with the screws holding the dino heads on, they can stay just as they are since they will come off in one assembly. Take off the larger washers that were under the plastic and you have a clear shot to swap the sling rubbers.

Once you get the Titans on, make sure both leaf switches are spaced properly, then reverse the process to reassemble.

#4283 4 years ago

Don't you just hate it when the ball glances off the truck to start T-REX multi-ball and goes straight into T-REX for a stupid 500,000 / jackpot. I wish they would put a 3 second delay on that so you have a chance to feed it.

#4284 4 years ago
Quoted from beaplayer:

Don't you just hate it when the ball glances off the truck to start T-REX multi-ball and goes straight into T-REX for a stupid 500,000 / jackpot. I wish they would put a 3 second delay on that so you have a chance to feed it.

Sounds like a good idea, though it hasn’t happened much to me.

Something that’s more common (for me, at least) is having the ball trigger T-Rex MB without getting caught by T-Rex. For the other T-Rex modes (chase/rampage/etc.) it never seems to happen. Have you noticed this?

#4285 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Something that’s more common (for me, at least) is having the ball trigger T-Rex MB without getting caught by T-Rex. For the other T-Rex modes (chase/rampage/etc.) it never seems to happen. Have you noticed this?

It’s designed that way and has been discussed before. The trex mb is meant to be easier to start. It’s triggered by the ramp opto. The other trex modes are triggered by the trex mouth opto(captured ball).

#4286 4 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

It’s designed that way and has been discussed before. The trex mb is meant to be easier to start. It’s triggered by the ramp opto. The other trex modes are triggered by the trex mouth opto(captured ball).

That's odd, but makes sense if the goal is making trex-mb easier to start. Could imagine a setting that makes it consistent with the other trex modes, but not that important. In any event, thanks for the quick explanation!

#4287 4 years ago
Quoted from beaplayer:

You can change it in the settings so the T-REX multiball starts the same was the other modes. Allows for control and variety, way prefer this in a home setting.

#4288 4 years ago

@aquapin: for above, which setting allows you to have the T-Rex multiball start the same as the other T-Rex modes? Thanks.

#4289 4 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

aquapin: for above, which setting allows you to have the T-Rex multiball start the same as the other T-Rex modes? Thanks.

I just cycled through all the options and couldn't find the setting. Since there are ~250 game specific options, it's entirely possible I missed it.

#4290 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I have seen symptoms of that. Seems like t-rex chase takes a couple tries.. T-rex rampage seems like just 1.
My post is more on the lines of the deflecting ball from the 'X' truck hit that goes into T-Rex ramp without the ability to feed it for a higher bonus.

#4291 4 years ago

@Snaroff~ I haven’t seen this setting either. Was thinking I missed it as well.

#4292 4 years ago
Quoted from beaplayer:

My post is more on the lines of the deflecting ball from the 'X' truck hit that goes into T-Rex ramp without the ability to feed it for a higher bonus.

That’s pinball.

#4293 4 years ago

My Trex is not lowering down enough I believe. When his mouth is open, ready to grab the ball, there is a gap.

I read all the adjustment info but am still a little confused what to do. I need to Trex to lower more I think to catch the ball cleanly. Is this manual adjustment or can it be done in the software?

Thanks in advance for any help!

#4294 4 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

My Trex is not lowering down enough I believe. When his mouth is open, ready to grab the ball, there is a gap.
I read all the adjustment info but am still a little confused what to do. I need to Trex to lower more I think to catch the ball cleanly. Is this manual adjustment or can it be done in the software?

Mine has a small gap - as long as it's not too tall for the ball to roll over it shouldn't matter. With the tape over the ramp opto, mine grabs the ball 90% or more.

#4295 4 years ago
Quoted from bbulkley:

Mine has a small gap - as long as it's not too tall for the ball to roll over it shouldn't matter. With the tape over the ramp opto, mine grabs the ball 90% or more.

90% when the ball enters cleanly. A “rattling” shot would be unlikely to be captured at 90%.

#4296 4 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

You have to loosen the bracket in the back of the playfield and manually adjust T-Rex down with the jaw open. Should be in the Key Posts list.

#4297 4 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

Wait are you saying that as of right now, no more rods are being released by Stern to anyone? I've had mine on preorder from Little Shop Of Games since the first week of Aug. They ordered like 20 way back then and have only received 4. I'm next in line but per your description it sound like it could be quite sometime...

#4298 4 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Wait are you saying that as of right now, no more rods are being released by Stern to anyone? I've had mine on preorder from Little Shop Of Games since the first week of Aug. They ordered like 20 way back then and have only received 4. I'm next in line but per your description it sound like it could be quite sometime...

Ugh my distributor still hasn't gotten his allotment, sounds like it could be a while yet.
Good thing this one is "bolted".
I can be patient.

#4299 4 years ago

So my Trex’s jaw intermittently doesn’t work - ie the coil to drop the jaw down just stops working. It’s intermittent in the coil test also. Sometimes it’ll drop to pick up the ball, but then not work to let it go. Jaw opto is perfect.

Any ideas?

#4300 4 years ago

Added the audio callouts from the movie last night to my JP Premium courtesy of delt31 and I really enjoy the difference in the game now. From callouts that add more excitement and authenticity to gameplay to the attract mode music after a game is over--there is a notable improvement, IMO. Thanks delt31, for all your work on this and for pointing me to the latest download.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinhead mods

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 9,218 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 185.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/86?hl=imagamejunky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.