(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,218 posts
  • 803 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by scootss
  • Topic is favorited by 439 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1098 (resized).png
B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_030524583 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,218 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 185.
#4151 4 years ago

Video or it didnt happen

#4152 4 years ago

Thats a DNA Combo Shot!

#4153 4 years ago

I don't know how it could tell though in it's current state, would be more than a software update and would need more optos to track which flipper the ball left... If that could be done at all..

#4154 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I don't know how it could tell though in it's current state, would be more than a software update and would need more optos to track which flipper the ball left... If that could be done at all..

It certainly is able to detect when a flipper button is pushed so not too hard.

#4155 4 years ago

I've done some searches and looked at the various Trex adjustment key posts and can't find where it talks about adjusting the Trex so it drops the ball properly on the ramp after it's fed. It seems to catch the ball fine... but when it goes to drop the ball on the ramp safely it drops it just short of the ramp. Is there a way to adjust for that without throwing off the calibration for when it eats the ball? Thanks!

#4156 4 years ago
Quoted from MrBubbles:

I've done some searches and looked at the various Trex adjustment key posts and can't find where it talks about adjusting the Trex so it drops the ball properly on the ramp after it's fed. It seems to catch the ball fine... but when it goes to drop the ball on the ramp safely it drops it just short of the ramp. Is there a way to adjust for that without throwing off the calibration for when it eats the ball? Thanks!

I don't remember an issue like that being mentioned before.

#4157 4 years ago

Hi Guys, anyone else had this annoying bounce off right ramp (making impossible to get 3rd skill shot) ?

Any thoughts/ solutions?

Thanks!

#4158 4 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Hi Guys, anyone else had this annoying bounce off right ramp (making impossible to get 3rd skill shot) ?
Any thoughts/ solutions?
Thanks!

First, make absolutely sure your at 7.0 deg playfield angle and that the playfield is level left to right on the entire surface of the playfield, not the glass... Then.. If that doesn't work..unscrew the front bracket screw for the helix ramp... With the glass off, position it in different spots.. And do ball rolls from the top of the ramp until you get a clean roll off.. It didn't take much manipulation with mine...I did move the exit end of the ramp slightly down and closer to the ball guide as well..

#4159 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

First, make absolutely sure your at 7.0 deg playfield angle and that the playfield is level left to right on the entire surface of the playfield, not the glass... Then.. If that doesn't work..unscrew the front bracket screw for the helix ramp... With the glass off, position it in different spots.. And do ball rolls from the top of the ramp until you get a clean roll off.. It didn't take much manipulation with mine...I did move the exit end of the ramp slightly down and closer to the ball guide as well..

Thank you! Definitely even left and right and at exactly 7.0

I’ll report back once I play around with the screws!

Thanks again for the help!

#4160 4 years ago
Quoted from MrBubbles:

In the settings look for T-Rex throwing the ball and set to “no.”

#4161 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

In the settings look for T-Rex throwing the ball and set to “no.”

I think I already have that disabled. I believe he's trying to calmly drop it on the ramp. He's just coming up short.

#4162 4 years ago
Quoted from MrBubbles:

I think I already have that disabled. I believe he's trying to calmly drop it on the ramp. He's just coming up short.

Yep, even with the throw set at "no" it should still place it on the wire for you.

#4163 4 years ago
Quoted from MrBubbles:

Try adjusting left or right bias.

#4164 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

This

#4165 4 years ago

No word yet? No leaked images? No rumors?

Where's our TOPPER?
Take more of my money Stern!

#4166 4 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

No word yet? No leaked images? No rumors?
Where's our TOPPER?
Take more of my money Stern!

I doubt it could be better than my Tilt Topper!

#4167 4 years ago

Leaked photo of Stern JP topper

73E5FCA6-5993-457F-8C28-B6E7A239C302 (resized).jpeg73E5FCA6-5993-457F-8C28-B6E7A239C302 (resized).jpeg
#4168 4 years ago

You must be kidding! Ugh.

#4169 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Unfortunately people that do not like Stern rate the games low.. like a 2 or 3, probably never played it either.
I think Pinside should -1 off the final rating until the game is a year old. This will stop or slow down the haters I think.

Haters that have no $$$, room left or both.

Pathetic

The bottom 5% and top 5% should be thrown out

#4170 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Leaked photo of Stern JP topper[quoted image]

HAHA! That's funny

#4171 4 years ago

I’ve got the beer iced down and several hours to play

I’m on a mission for Visitor Center!!!!

I get to the last paddock. Just a shitload of shots to make

Gotta dial in the sequencing

#4172 4 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

I doubt it could be better than my Tilt Topper!

I do like the tilt topper a lot.
I'm just hoping for a cool animated topper that coordinates with game functions

#4173 4 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

I do like the tilt topper a lot.
I'm just hoping for a cool animated topper that coordinates with game functions

Maybe CGC will make it for us

#4174 4 years ago

Has Stern even mentioned a topper for JP? I wasn’t aware it was even on the table.

Game is so freakin intense, no way anyone is looking at a topper while playing this. All the brilliance is on the PF.

I’m with Ice on this - game is a masterpiece. Bally Williams 90’s greatness with 2020 Stern tech and code depth.

#4175 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

I tried to adjust the right bias from 0 to 2. Wanted to do baby steps before over adjusting and maybe breaking something. Trex still dropped it in the same exact spot just short of the ramp. Maybe I'll try contacting Stern to find out the exact setting to adjust and how much if no one else has any other ideas?

#4176 4 years ago

Im Happy here.....Debating whether to hold the sign with two Torches, lit with really cool 36 SMD
Fire bulbs.
JP sign (resized).jpgJP sign (resized).jpg

#4177 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Im Happy here.....Debating whether to hold the sign with two Torches, lit with really cool 36 SMD
Fire bulbs.
[quoted image]

LOL, I'm debating why you're debating whether or not to do it Would probably look great!

#4178 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Has Stern even mentioned a topper for JP? I wasn’t aware it was even on the table.

100% Guaranteed! There is NO way they'll skip the topper for JP

Quoted from cooked71:

Game is so freakin intense, no way anyone is looking at a topper while playing this. All the brilliance is on the PF.

Completely agree that this PF is one of the very best ever. I also completely agree that people aren't usually watching a topper while they are playing. However I (like many pinheads) am a topper guy. I love having toppers on all of my games. It's not for the person that's playing but it looks fantastic in the gameroom.

#4179 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I’m with Ice on this - game is a masterpiece. Bally Williams 90’s greatness with 2020 Stern tech and code depth.

Yep, just played for several hours. Really amazing. Gets better and better and we are still going to get more great code

#4180 4 years ago

Agreed, the pin is fantastic.
Can be challenging at times with quick drains; but when you have that great game & advance deeply through the paddocks, it’s just so satisfying.
My son and I reached Museum Mayhem this evening and had a blast playing the mode.
Looking forward to the final polish on the code.

#4181 4 years ago

Oh man. A six pack of 16oz ers in and I finally made it to Visitor Center

Yes it’s on 5 ball

I didn’t want to die before I made it

I guess Escape requires Museum, Visitor and Control center

Spoiler alert if you haven’t made it yet:

Two raptors come and chase your ass around. Gotta hit specific shots. You get awarded bonuses that you accumulated all along the way there

Still, didn’t come close to my GC score

#4182 4 years ago

The outlanes. Gonna take the post rubber off!

I mean wtf Elwin you evil bastard

Compared JP where every ball in that direction is gone. Sling post is higher than outlane post and I just can’t nudge it out

Gotta keep it out of Nedry right lane at all costs, but raptor pen shot will F you up there. Left flipper backhands only!

I’m gonna lower flipper power and see what happens

Elvira is just the opposite. SDTM is the only risk

Outlane is Higher than sling post and easy to control

#4183 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Oh man. A six pack of 16oz ers in and I finally made it to Visitor Center

Yes it’s on 5 ball

Me Too! First time there what a blast, 2 ball multiball to start, that didn't last too long I got 192mil bonus for reaching there, but what a fun mode. Still need to get to Museum Mayhem and Invalid Frenzy. This game kicks ass!!!! Love it

#4184 4 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Me Too! First time there what a blast, 2 ball multiball to start, that didn't last too long I got 192mil bonus for reaching there, but what a fun mode. Still need to get to Museum Mayhem and Invalid Frenzy. This game kicks ass!!!! Love it

Invalid Frenzy last game. Wow. Lol It’s awesome mode

That lasted a long time. Hit 1.2 billion #1 score

Shift to that reward every time till u get it On missile Shot

No Museum yet. That’s my next goal!

#4185 4 years ago

Can’t wait for the ball to even head to Nedry outlane because it’s ball over. Bringing the post all the way in will have zero impact

Going in that direction? Need to pick the pin up and roll it left. Lol

Thankfully, raptor pin is the main danger shot and you can control that with left flipper soft hits

Next step. Flipper power reduction

#4186 4 years ago

Anybody mess with lowering sling power? The side outs can be brutal.

#4187 4 years ago

Anybody else getting the pock marks on their ramps flaps???

IMG_20200118_213653 (resized).jpgIMG_20200118_213653 (resized).jpgIMG_20200118_213726 (resized).jpgIMG_20200118_213726 (resized).jpg
#4188 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I’ve got the beer iced down and several hours to play
I’m on a mission for Visitor Center!!!!
I get to the last paddock. Just a shitload of shots to make
Gotta dial in the sequencing

I played all day...started getting better when the beer started I am still aiming for the Visitor Center - haven't got there yet

So I got to the last paddock before the visitor center making a beeline on the right side path..Got Chaos Raptor Tri-Ball going, and 2 tiers of Chaos...by the time I reached the last paddock (for the first time) my heart was pumping, palms sweating...and then WHAM! Straight down the damn middle...I love this game...but sometimes I want to put my fist through the glass ...But I do know one thing...this game is making me a better player...I'll move over to Star Wars and I am calling my shots with ease ... oh well...gotta keep playing...I am on a mission to beat this thing on 3 ball setting but it might take me a year

#4189 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Anybody else getting the pock marks on their ramps flaps???[quoted image][quoted image]

Just a couple but honestly, to get the photo on the bottom, I had to get the camera angle and lighting just right or I couldn't see the marks at all (yes this is the same metal ramp flap photos taken seconds apart)...and don't see it from the player view when playing...It happened on my Star Wars from the Tie Fighter but over time it evened out smooth...I don't really care it doesn't affect gameplay at all...I just look at it as the normal wear and tear pins take..along with ball guides etc...I look at it as character that only get's better with time and use
Capture.JPGCapture.JPGCapture2.JPGCapture2.JPG

#4190 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Anybody mess with lowering sling power? The side outs can be brutal.

I tried but then the game play seems gimped...I like the frenetic slings but they can be brutal in the Nedry lane especially...My fix was 7.0 deg playfield angle by the flippers which equals about 7.1-7.2 at the top of the playfield (using a calibrated electronic inclinometer) then bringing the outlane posts all the way down..It's still a bitch, but less a bitch and I don't feel like it's cheating at all...

#4191 4 years ago
Quoted from MrBubbles:

So I recently received premium version. Really such an awesome game!

I noticed two issues:
The first was initially confusing but ultimately simple. The helicopter blades would work great and every 10 minutes or so I would notice that the ball would get stuck behind the helicopter blade, not allowing the ball to freely pass down the wireform ramp. It felt like the helicopter blade was binding on something, but only intermittently. Ultimately, I noticed that there was a small metal plate underneath the playfield that holds a small board that is right at the playfield hole where the post of the helicopter blade comes through. This plate was a bit too close, And that helicopter blade post has a little bit of wiggle, and it would catch on the very corner of that plate sometimes. Fortunately, the plate had oblong holes, allowing the screws to be loosened and the plate to be backed away from that hole just a little bit. No issues with that since.

Other issue that I encountered was adjusting the T-Rex head. I noticed that the head would do the right moves, but during gameplay when it was time to initiate the T-Rex event, the head would go down but not quite enough. I went through the key posts and got the alignment just right. Despite that, I noticed that in gameplay the head and jaw was still not fully dropping close to the ramp, and a bit too high...strange to be fine in test but off during gameplay?.... I adjusted several times over to only find the same result. I was scratching my head on this...one thing I noticed was that the cable harness from the play field up to the back box had a fair amount of twisted slack and there was a loop of this cable / harness right behind the T-Rex mechanism. I adjusted the slack so that the cable harness came from the back box cleanly down to the far left hand corner in the back of the cabinet, and since that time and that moving of the harness, the head has moved in a reliable manner during gameplay.
Looking behind the T-Rex mechanism in the cabinet to make sure that there are no obvious obstructions might be something to at least investigate.
Chip

#4192 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I played all day...started getting better when the beer started I am still aiming for the Visitor Center - haven't got there yet
So I got to the last paddock before the visitor center making a beeline on the right side path..Got Chaos Raptor Tri-Ball going, and 2 tiers of Chaos...by the time I reached the last paddock (for the first time) my heart was pumping, palms sweating...and then WHAM! Straight down the damn middle...I love this game...but sometimes I want to put my fist through the glass ...But I do know one thing...this game is making me a better player...I'll move over to Star Wars and I am calling my shots with ease ... oh well...gotta keep playing...I am on a mission to beat this thing on 3 ball setting but it might take me a year

Yes! That is what makes a phenomenal game like this and TWD did. You want to put your fist through the glass AND i can be heard screaming loudly at times!

Heart pumper and finally you achieve the goal and such satisfaction.

#4193 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yes it’s on 5 ball

All my modern games are on 3-ball, but after pulling in the right inlane (which didn't help much), I think it's time to make the leap to 5-ball as well.

This will be the first modern game I've ever put on 5-ball, and since you've done it, I feel less shame

#4194 4 years ago

5 ball for me also. Still kicks my ass.

#4195 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

time to make the leap to 5-ball......and since you've done it, I feel less shame

There is no less shame. You’re both cheating.

#4196 4 years ago

My Premiums been playing great since I got it. But now my truck won’t completely turn when hit from either side and just gets stuck halfway until it knocks itself loose. Has any one had this problem and know a fix for it?

#4197 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballZach:

My Premiums been playing great since I got it. But now my truck won’t completely turn when hit from either side and just gets stuck halfway until it knocks itself loose. Has any one had this problem and know a fix for it?

There was a fix mentioned earlier - not sure if it was in this thread or the other. Involved some silicone lubricant I think.

Edit: here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/72#post-5414130

Someone after also did it and said it worked.

#4198 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballZach:

The truck assembly is very simple. Most likely just needs a cleaning...Just take a photo for reassembly..Just use an Allen wrench and loosen the lock screw holding the shaft under the playfield.. the entire truck will come out from the top..I used a dry cloth and some contact cleaner to clean the shaft and the bearing and washers... Key cleaning on the bearing...I used contact cleaner on a clean cloth and flat surface and rubbed the bearing around on both sides til good and shiny..Reassemble with the playfield up and just leave a tiny Gap .. You should have a little play when you pull up on the truck above the playfield... Make sure the metal flat disc piece that rotates within the switch is centered and doesn't bind on the switch assembly.. The build up of dirt was mostly coil dust...I didn't use any grease and it's spins lightning fast now. watch out using lubricant oils or grease as they will build up more Gunk over time and you'll wind up having to clean them sooner... If the truck is centered properly with some play gap, it doesn't need any grease to move... there is a small ball bearing sandwiched between the washers in the shaft assembly that does the job

#4199 4 years ago

Thanks for the tips guys! I’ll give them a try.

#4200 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

There is no less shame. You’re both cheating.

I feel guilty just leaving extra balls turned on anymore, but I know I'll need them to see anything late game
Same applies to TSPP, I'll never see that wizard mode but I'll keep trying.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinhead mods

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 9,218 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 185.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/84?hl=imagamejunky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.