(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By EightBallTexas

5 months ago

Topic Stats

• 4,271 posts
  • 390 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 minutes ago by woody76
  • Topic is favorited by 184 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,002 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

jurassic park 2 (resized).jpg
jurassic park 1 (resized).jpg
b817687e1098fbb1cca35cfb6eb85f2bb866ea8b.jpg
E92A2F2B-86EB-4013-84E8-6EC86F43B82F (resized).jpeg
3C22BFC3-DC91-4AD2-B967-9E8EE6404089 (resized).jpeg
57D5BAA9-CA1A-47A1-B045-2B0C680901F4 (resized).jpeg
3A5E019A-81EC-4CA4-B71C-21EAC8183A2E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20200122-193632_Drive (resized).jpg
FOSSIL POPS (resized).png
jurassic-park-stern-pro-pinball-sideblades-inside-decals-sideboard-art-pin-blades (resized).jpg
jurassic-park-stern-premium-pinball-sideblades-inside-decals-sideboard-art-pin-blades (resized).jpg
20200120_194728 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20200118_102052 (resized).jpg
Capture2.JPG

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4271 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 86.
#4101 10 days ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

I believe that goes at the top front part of the raptor pen.[quoted image]

Thanks for the picture

#4102 10 days ago

His thumbs must be raw from giving the " thumbs up " as in " Good job Stern "

#4103 10 days ago

Ha! That's what I was thinking

#4104 10 days ago

My palms are the first to get sore when playing for a long time. I rest weight on my palms on the lockdown bar a lot - my thumbs get a bit sore doing this also after a long time. Maybe I need to find a tiny anti-fatigue mat that can be mounted to the lockdown bar

#4105 10 days ago
Quoted from Hjbondar:

Joined on Friday. #298. Just
Found the piece in the picture below stick behind the right ramp up against th backboard. Anyone know where it belongs?[quoted image]

I think there is also one of those at the top of the corkscrew ramp under the plastics.

#4106 10 days ago

FD349DAD-1D60-408B-942F-E79532326E46.gif
#4107 9 days ago

Yes. I meant to physically adjust the switch so that it triggers as quickly as possible.

Quoted from JP76:

I think what he means is to adjust the leaf switch. I don’t believe there is an adjustment for the switch in the menu. I’d love to know if there is an adjustment for the switch or the up post.

#4108 9 days ago

What's up All,

Long time no see. I just got home for a brutal 12 day biz trip. I see we have a new code.

Time to install and pay some attention to Sue.

Have a great day.

#4109 9 days ago

Has anyone tried replacing the raptor with a better looking one? Like the one modfather sells? The current raptor seems really small and kinda cheap and doesn’t really do much anyways. Thanks!!

#4110 9 days ago

They did a LOT better job on the Dino, it behaves a lot more like you would expect now. Still room for improvement though.

Quoted from EightBallTexas:

I see we have a new code.

Have a great day.

#4111 9 days ago

Whoops. So much RC helicopter flying with thumbs, that it was a slip up.

#4112 9 days ago

I am unboxing stuff and just opened my new lighted frame . Here are 2 pictures. One is the Stern and one is from midcoastsurf.

You guys decide which one you like better. A video would be better as the new frame kicks ass. Love the options to change things up.

I need to find a new translite to trade or buy with someone . I dont need both the same. One came with the trade.

Now my collection is complete. Yes I know...famous last words.

frame (resized).JPGframe2 (resized).JPG
#4113 9 days ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Calling Stern Technical Support directly is best (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-are-the-hoursdays-of-stern-tech-support-800-kickers).
If that doesn't work, contract your distributor.
If that doesn't work, try email (Chas.Siddiqi@sternpinball.com, Patrick.Powers@sternpinball.com).
Helps to take photos or videos to describe the issue (not always necessary if it's a known issue).
Good luck.

I called and spoke with Chas on this today. He asked me to email him pictures, my machines serial number, and my address. He said they would take care of my shooter rod dragging issues. Also, is there supposed to be a rubber on the post at the bottom of the right outlane, the dreaded Nedrey ball eater? Mine has nothing.

20200112_143951 (resized).jpg20200112_144000 (resized).jpg
#4114 9 days ago
Quoted from Alattig:

I’m in. Picked up our Premium on Wednesday but just got it upstairs today. Awesome game.[quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome. Exact same 2 games I own

#4115 9 days ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

I called and spoke with Chas on this today. He asked me to email him pictures, my machines serial number, and my address. He said they would take care of my shooter rod dragging issues. Also, is there supposed to be a rubber on the post at the bottom of the right outlane, the dreaded Nedrey ball eater? Mine has nothing.[quoted image][quoted image]

No sir.

#4116 9 days ago
Quoted from Dahawk007:

Awesome. Exact same 2 games I own

I saw that when you posted your pic. Great combo.

#4117 9 days ago

You know what. You all really suck.... this wait is killing me. Had to wait till Jan so I could use my rewards and I hear it will be sometime in Feb until premiums will be available again. What to do to past the time. Been scanning for mods already though.

#4118 9 days ago
Quoted from 85vett:

You know what. You all really suck.... this wait is killing me. Had to wait till Jan so I could use my rewards and I hear it will be sometime in Feb until premiums will be available again. What to do to past the time. Been scanning for mods already though.

We sucK? I didn’t have rewards! You suck

#4119 9 days ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

We sucK? I didn’t have rewards! You suck

Touche

#4120 9 days ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I’m not sure how Stern’s production schedule works but I must have timed it just right. Ordered it from the distributor on December 27th, build date was December 30th (the next business day), and it was at the distributor on January 8th for me to pick up. The distributor had told me it would probably be 3 weeks when I ordered it. Pleasantly surprised when it came in so soon.

#4121 9 days ago

It’s worth the wait... I also waited a long time to get my premium. Three and a half months after I ordered it.

#4122 9 days ago

I am unboxing stuff and just opened my new lighted frame . Here are 2 pictures. One is the Stern and one is from midcoastsurf.
You guys decide which one you like better. A video would be better as the new frame kicks ass. Love the options to change things up.
I need to find a new translite to trade or buy with someone . I dont need both the same. One came with the trade.
Now my collection is complete. Yes I know...famous last words.[quoted image][quoted image]

What's up All,
Long time no see. I just got home for a brutal 12 day biz trip. I see we have a new code.
Have a great day.

Brutal 12 day biz trip? Looks more like you've been running around with another machine behind our backs

#4123 8 days ago

So I experimented with many different flipper strength settings. I now have both the lower flippers at 225 and the upper flipper at 220. Wow! What a difference in the ability to hit the shots! Give it a try. .

#4124 8 days ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Brutal 12 day biz trip? Looks more like you've been running around with another machine behind our backs

That was before I left...LOL.

I wish I didnt have to go and just stay home playing my 3 pins. HAHA

#4125 8 days ago

That was before I left...LOL.
I wish I didnt have to go and just stay home playing my 3 pins. HAHA

LOL, a player’s got to play!

#4126 8 days ago

I got something pretty cool to go with my premium at Expo. During the "Making of Jurassic Park seminar Keith gave me a signed one-of-one CAD drawing that they used to create the game. Going to frame it up eventually and hang it over the game.
JP CAD (resized).jpgKeith (resized).jpg

#4127 8 days ago

That’s awesome!! Great gameroom art!

#4128 7 days ago

So umm, if you ever get in a financial pinch, I know a guy who'd take that off your hands. Awesome artifact! The beauty of its design shines through in just a CAD file, no art necessary.

#4129 7 days ago

Wow awesome!

Enjoyed watching your JP on the Owlnonimous stream a couple of days ago.

#4130 7 days ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I got something pretty cool to go with my premium at Expo. During the "Making of Jurassic Park seminar Keith gave me a signed one-of-one CAD drawing that they used to create the game. Going to frame it up eventually and hang it over the game.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow. That is awesome. Congratulations!

#4131 7 days ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Very nice! That’s really incredible!!!

#4132 7 days ago
Quoted from Pinslot:

Wow awesome!
Enjoyed watching your JP on the Owlnonimous stream a couple of days ago.

Thanks. Glad you enjoyed the stream!
I’ve done a lot to my J.P. Since then. Pinstadiums, a playfield protector, the raptor pit, a shaker and a bunch more. Owl said it during the stream - I may enjoy working on pins as much or more than playing them.

#4133 7 days ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

If anyone is having any trouble with either plunger (manual or autolauncher) not completing the horseshoe ramp, there's a simple fix.
You need to raise the left fork of the ramp slightly, forcing the ball to the right side of the lane.
We did this today at my buddy's place and had 100% accuracy thereafter, and I've just done the same for mine.
(Mine was near perfect but occasionally, the ball would dribble back down the ramp and hit the top of the right sling.)
We just undid both screws, lifted the fork slightly, then placed a small nut under the left side. The screw on the left side fed through the nut and back into the playfield. When you're standing above, looking straight down, it's barely noticeable so I took a photo much closer to playfield level. (It really looks exaggerated in the photo.)[quoted image]

thank you.

about 50% of the auto launches and manual plunges ratttled around in the shooter lane and did not clear the turn around ramp. I used a single small washer under the left screw hole fork and now and now it seems to work 100% of the time.

#4134 7 days ago

what shaker motor is everyone using in the premium? The $79 one or the Stern $100 one?

#4135 6 days ago
Quoted from woody76:

what shaker motor is everyone using in the premium? The $79 one or the Stern $100 one?

I have the stern shaker. Works great and easy to install. I’m sure the $79 works just as well though

#4136 6 days ago
Quoted from woody76:

Stern shaker for me as well.

#4137 6 days ago
Quoted from woody76:

Stern official shakers are on my pins.

#4138 6 days ago

So has anyone heard any official confirmation that those new callouts are actually David Harbour (Hopper)?

#4139 6 days ago

Sorry for the triple post here guys.

I just happened to look at the top 100 and I see that JP has dropped down to number 8 now. How on earth can this be? I'm sorry, this may ruffle some feathers but JP is a WAY better game than Lord of the Rings or Monster Bash. I mean come on!
I know, I know the top 100 is really nothing to be concerned about. JP needs to be #1 or #2 IMO

#4141 6 days ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

I just happened to look at the top 100 and I see that JP has dropped down to number 8 now. How on earth can this be? I'm sorry, this may ruffle some feathers but JP is a WAY better game than Lord of the Rings or Monster Bash. I mean come on!
I know, I know the top 100 is really nothing to be concerned about. JP needs to be #1 or #2 IMO

Unfortunately people that do not like Stern rate the games low.. like a 2 or 3, probably never played it either.

I think Pinside should -1 off the final rating until the game is a year old. This will stop or slow down the haters I think.

#4142 6 days ago

As long as it stays in the top 10 I'm satisfied.

#4143 6 days ago

In my opinion, JP is 100% in the top 3 pinball machines of all time, no questions asked. It's a flipp'n masterpiece and getting better with ever code update. Haters are goner hate and all that, but how anyone can rate JP less than an 8 in any category is taking the piss. For any credibility, Pinside really needs to name and shame the users who continually low ball ratings, or simply disregard the fools ratings who try and build their ego through downing others.

But at the end of the day, I really don't care, JP is a bloody phenomenal pin. Could quite happily sell everything as long as my JPLE remained.

#4144 6 days ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

What a generous gesture! Congrats, you must be super excited

#4145 6 days ago

Does flagging ratings even do anything? I usually flag the ratings less than 5 on top games that have comments like “this game sux!!1!” but they always remain on the page.

#4146 6 days ago

People like games that are new, and they like games that they own. It's dropping because the honeymoon phase is wearing off and since it's newer, not that many people own it yet. The list itself is proof that it's not a list of top anything.

I just happened to look at the top 100 and I see that JP has dropped down to number 8 now. How on earth can this be?

#4147 6 days ago
Quoted from woody76:

Been using the PBL for months with no issues.

#4148 5 days ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Been using the PBL for months with no issues.

awesome. thanks

#4149 5 days ago

There are people on here who try to drive down the ranking of games. There is no way you can grade JP down below a high 8. It very well could be the best pinball machine ever made.

#4150 5 days ago

I just nailed the Control Room with the left flipper and immediately nailed the Helicopter with the right flipper. That's a combo that's tough to repeat...for sure.

I think it would be cool for the software to recognize cool backhanded shots/combos and give you some points or callout when it happens.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
There are 4271 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 86.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside