(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,218 posts
  • 803 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by scootss
  • Topic is favorited by 439 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1098 (resized).png
B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_030524583 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,218 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 185.
#4051 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Better than me...I have a couple thousand already, alot of those are from dialing the pin in but man tough game for sure... I'm a noob to the hobby this year but closest I've gotten was 4 captures, never made it past the Trex ...I just can't get through the paddocks... Get caught up in the side quests

What helped me get deeper in the game was learning how to get the easy extra ball. Once you get 6 rescues extra ball will light on the right ramp. I always try and trap the t-rex because it will also give you a extra ball. So if you can rescue enough workers and trap the t-rex that should help you on your journey.

#4052 4 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

My t-rex started squeaking on vertical movements tonight. Anybody else?

Yes, this is happening to me as well, I think mine has always done that. I'm interested to hear what others say. Also mine is making a rattling sound on horizontal movements. It made a little noise when I first got it but it's much louder now. It still works as it should, catches the ball,etc. I posted some videos below, has anyone else seen this?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1t1ZASjGK1WyRLrMD97GULSk41awcipgD

#4053 4 years ago

Mine sounds the same, but she still works fine. I have the newer model t-Rex that is brown instead of green also.

#4054 4 years ago

Same sound here....dont know if thats "normal".

#4055 4 years ago
Quoted from dpannell:

Yes, this is happening to me as well, I think mine has always done that. I'm interested to hear what others say. Also mine is making a rattling sound on horizontal movements. It made a little noise when I first got it but it's much louder now. It still works as it should, catches the ball,etc. I posted some videos below, has anyone else seen this?
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1t1ZASjGK1WyRLrMD97GULSk41awcipgD

Mine makes that same noise too. It didn’t at first but when my Trex quit working it did this. My Trex still doesn’t work but I have found the solution and Stern is sending me the part. My cam keeps slipping down the step motor post due to a screw not tight enough. The cam misses the switch most of the time. My Trex would move all the time or hit the ramp or try to open his mouth in wrong places becoming jammed and I’d have to shut off the machine quick. Not sure if it hurt the motor those times

#4056 4 years ago
Quoted from JediMcMuffin:

Pretty awesome. My plunger isn't great at reliably hitting the half-pipe return, so I got kinda programmed to just use the auto-launch. Except, now you gotta wait until that sucker turns red otherwise I find myself wasting the super tranquilizer. However, thanks to that super, I'm getting further into the paddocks then I ever have.

Cool! My visitor centre was flashing but SDTM
Longest game I've ever had on this.

Love it. So when it starts flashing red thats when its best to use it?

This game is literally a masterpiece!

#4057 4 years ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

I have less than 300 games on my Premium, and the shooter rod has started dragging. Actually has some tiny metal shavings by the bushing on the inside of the machine. What's the best way to get in contact with Stern for a replacement, or is this something I should go thru my distributor on? I think going straight to Stern would be the easiest, but y'all tell me.
Thanks!

I just called and they sent me a new one.

#4058 4 years ago

EDIT: I think this question/issue can be disregarded. I now believe what I was seeing was a lamp under one of the right side plastics that appeared to be coming from the underside. Unless anyone knows of an underside light in that area of course.

---------------------------

I noticed a light issue that I think has been going on all along I just didn't know. Around the center of the playfield where the Escape Nublar and Visitor Center LEDs are, there's a light that lights up the playfield in that general area (from the underside). When I'm playing it's never on. When I was running the auto plunger test today I noticed it dimly flickering as I tested. I went through all the lamp/light/LED tests I could find and none of them seem to trigger that light specifically. I'm not even sure which one it is in the manual. Does anyone know which one I'm talking about?

Here's a pic of the general location:
Playfield light area (resized).pngPlayfield light area (resized).png

#4059 4 years ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

Cool! My visitor centre was flashing but SDTM
Longest game I've ever had on this.
Love it. So when it starts flashing red thats when its best to use it?
This game is literally a masterpiece!

I don't know of a better game, but it keeps dropping in the ratings. I see someone recently gave it a 7.64, which would put it at #120 between Royal Rumble (WWF) and Mustang. I mean, that's just absurd.

#4060 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

I don't know of a better game, but it keeps dropping in the ratings. I see someone recently gave it a 7.64, which would put it at #120 between Royal Rumble (WWF) and Mustang. I mean, that's just absurd.

It's too difficult for many players. If folks aren't making the shots, it's hard for some folks to enjoy the game. I love the challenge and think it's the most compelling game I've ever played. All my other games are currently getting ignored

#4061 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

Start voting on other pins by comparison to JP.

#4062 4 years ago

Thanks. I tried again today and made sure to center the head before trying to adjust but it's still not working. I have the bracket as high as I can get it because the screws with the nuts are butted up against the very edge of the "U" shaped notches in the motor bracket so it physically can't move any higher. I tried loosening the machine screws on the upper portion of the mech (where the head is attached) to see if there was any play there that would help but no-go. I guess I'll contact Stern for advice.

Quoted from EaglePin:

I had my best results adjusting the T-Rex bracket when the head was in the middle position of the vertical motor test. I remember when it was in the lower position of that test I wasn't able to adjust the bracket much, so I moved it to the vertical motor position, adjusted the nuts, re-tightend them, put the playfield back into position, and then did the jaw lowering test again. It was a bit of a pain to have to keep moving the playfield back and forth from the service position and moving the T-Rex back and forth from the lower to the middle position of the test before adjusting the bracket, but I found I was able to adjust it better while the T-Rex was in that middle position. Hope this helps.

#4063 4 years ago

JP is my first pin and I’m new to the forum. I love the game!

I’m looking for some help. Sometimes when I shoot the control room the ball comes back and the up post hits the ball. One time it wedged the ball in the chute. Just now it rocketed the ball straight up into the glass. It hit so hard I jumped. Are there any adjustments for this? I looked but couldn’t find any. The only thing I thought of was to lower the right flipper power but not sure I want to do that.

#4064 4 years ago
Quoted from JP76:

JP is my first pin and I’m new to the forum. I love the game!
I’m looking for some help. Sometimes when I shoot the control room the ball comes back and the up post hits the ball. One time it wedged the ball in the chute. Just now it rocketed the ball straight up into the glass. It hit so hard I jumped. Are there any adjustments for this? I looked but couldn’t find any. The only thing I thought of was to lower the right flipper power but not sure I want to do that.

I would start with what you said...lower the right flipper power a bit at a time until you get the results you’re looking for.

#4065 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

If you go to the rankings, and change the settings so that you can view the ratings that do NOT have comments, you'll be shocked. Default only shows you the ratings that have comments attatched. There are HATERS leaving JP ratings of 2 to 5. It's insane really. Moderators should bump that crap. Anyone giving this game below a 5, just isnt being objective. Period. End of story.

#4066 4 years ago

On 0.97, for first Trex multiball, does it now default to slinging the ball anywhere instead of dropping on ramp?

#4067 4 years ago
Quoted from kse001:

Thanks. I tried again today and made sure to center the head before trying to adjust but it's still not working. I have the bracket as high as I can get it because the screws with the nuts are butted up against the very edge of the "U" shaped notches in the motor bracket so it physically can't move any higher. I tried loosening the machine screws on the upper portion of the mech (where the head is attached) to see if there was any play there that would help but no-go. I guess I'll contact Stern for advice.

Bummer. Hope you can get it worked out. I don’t know if it will help but I just took this picture of my bracket to maybe use as a reference point if you want to see if your bracket is in about the same position relative to the cutout hole.

9558F21F-1EFE-40CD-AA7D-CDD9022E6B98 (resized).jpeg9558F21F-1EFE-40CD-AA7D-CDD9022E6B98 (resized).jpeg
#4068 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Same sound here....dont know if thats "normal".

+1, my t-rex makes this noise too, but seems to work fine. I'm curious if anyone has tracked down the cause.

#4069 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Nope.

On my machine, this shot alternates between the left and right flippers (which is pretty cool...keeps you on your feet).
Occasionally, it results in a center drain...on my machine, the % of center drains from this shot hasn’t been alarming.

Sorry 6 days a week at least.

#4070 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

People can be jealous too.

Especially when they cant have one. haha

#4071 4 years ago

Which flipper rubber do you think is the best for this game? I want to try superbands or titans.

#4072 4 years ago

That's where I had mine too... Or at least I thought it was. I'm not sure what happened, but when I tightened everything back up this morning and went into the diagnostics to test again, the jaw is now about 1/8" above the ramp which I think is good(?). I'm going to give it a play a little later to make sure but I think maybe it's fixed?

Thanks for the pics and sharing your experience - I appreciate it!

Kyle

Quoted from EaglePin:

Bummer. Hope you can get it worked out. I don’t know if it will help but I just took this picture of my bracket to maybe use as a reference point if you want to see if your bracket is in about the same position relative to the cutout hole.[quoted image]

#4073 4 years ago
Quoted from Aetos:

Which flipper rubber do you think is the best for this game? I want to try superbands or titans.

There are a lot of opinions on this subject but I really like superbands.

#4074 4 years ago
Quoted from Aetos:

I tried both and went back to rubber. Keith or someone mentioned the game was designed to be played at 7 degree angle with rubber on the flippers.

Reason I switched back was the difficulty in hitting some of the shots without rubber. Maybe it’s all in my mind but the “c” and “s” shot I hit more regularly with rubber.

#4075 4 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

I tried both and went back to rubber. Keith or someone mentioned the game was designed to be played at 7 degree angle with rubber on the flippers.
Reason I switched back was the difficulty in hitting some of the shots without rubber. Maybe it’s all in my mind but the “c” and “s” shot I hit more regularly with rubber.

Yeah that was me. I spoke with Mike Vinikour at Houston Arcade Expo. 7 degrees and red rubber. I've tried everything...probably the closest non rubber substitute on this game which didn't result in frustration for JP would be Superbands. ...Titans, Pinball Life, Black Rubber, Superbands...I love how the red rubbers play for JP but honestly hate how they blacken up and shred apart so quickly, especially on the tips with JP trying to hit the C and S lanes....some people say the Superbands are dead and don't allow dead flips etc...??? I've found the exact opposite but maybe they are being made with a new formula..I have no issue and found Superbands to be the best alternative if your looking for awesome translucent colors...and get tired of the cleaning of black marks and rubber bits. The hardness of the Superbands seems to provide a nice aiming ability and translates to nice flow. I found the Titans and PL to be nice but they get slippery on the tips after repeated play and I've found them difficult to make the C & S shots after a couple hours

#4076 4 years ago

Thanks guys gonna try with superbands when I get them tomorrow.

#4077 4 years ago
Quoted from Aetos:

I had Titans on the flippers but felt they were a little too "bouncy" so I've put on Perfect Play rubbers on the flippers, so far I'm liking them they are not as bouncy as the Titans and seem to give a little more control, but as they say each to their own

#4078 4 years ago

Green superbands and posts for me. I love the playability and the look!!
995633F7-721D-4DF6-B0C6-01D62EEF6AFC (resized).jpeg995633F7-721D-4DF6-B0C6-01D62EEF6AFC (resized).jpeg275C480B-D3A7-42C4-B976-06C125272C78 (resized).jpeg275C480B-D3A7-42C4-B976-06C125272C78 (resized).jpeg30302651-559D-4363-9070-DD75D8EC60BD (resized).jpeg30302651-559D-4363-9070-DD75D8EC60BD (resized).jpeg

#4079 4 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Completely agree. I tried Super Bands and couldn’t make a shot - switched back to rubber on the flippers.

#4080 4 years ago

Also, try and just your control room switch. Make it as sensitive as possible. Triggering the switch quicker could help bring that post up that much quicker.

Quoted from JP76:

Sometimes when I shoot the control room the ball comes back and the up post hits the ball

#4081 4 years ago
Quoted from Aetos:

I haven't tried titans but I love the superbands I bought. I went with orange for the bottom flippers and green for the top. It does come down to your preference. The polyurethane is "stickier" than the standard rubber which I like better when it comes to catching the ball and they feel more precise. My standard rubbers were also deteriorating quickly. Only thing I do miss about the standard is being able to let the ball ride the left flipper over to the right one to catch it. The superbands will slow the velocity during that trick. I suppose some wax could change that but I'm leaving them as is. The glow is really cool too!

#4082 4 years ago

I have tried them all, and while I have my preferences, Others feel them differently.
I like rubber for the closer shots, and the others for the longer ramp shots.

Perhaps Ill put rubber on my left, and Titan on the right, just to be difficult.

#4083 4 years ago

Anyone know if Stern will make a topper?

#4084 4 years ago

Anyone having an issue with some kind of warning when trying to download the newest code? I don't know if the issue is on my end or not. Should I ignore the warning and just download?

67FF599F-6670-4783-BD22-E50C741570B6 (resized).jpeg67FF599F-6670-4783-BD22-E50C741570B6 (resized).jpeg
#4085 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Also, try and just your control room switch. Make it as sensitive as possible. Triggering the switch quicker could help bring that post up that much quicker.

Where is this setting in the menu?

#4086 4 years ago

Looking forward to joining this club very soon.

#4087 4 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Where is this setting in the menu?

I think what he means is to adjust the leaf switch. I don’t believe there is an adjustment for the switch in the menu. I’d love to know if there is an adjustment for the switch or the up post.

#4088 4 years ago
Quoted from SheriffBarclay:

On 0.97, for first Trex multiball, does it now default to slinging the ball anywhere instead of dropping on ramp?

Let's try this again

#4089 4 years ago
Quoted from SheriffBarclay:

Let's try this again

It does on mine. The first time it did it she threw the ball to the players left and it ended up on top of a plastic I had to open the door pull the glass down and remove the ball, so much for that multiball Silly dinosaur

#4090 4 years ago

Joined the club today! Tough but fair game. My thumbs are raw from 5 hours of play. Game plays perfect.

7300D562-E899-4B44-A955-E60206B5F3D4 (resized).jpeg7300D562-E899-4B44-A955-E60206B5F3D4 (resized).jpeg
#4091 4 years ago

Joined on Friday. #298. Just
Found the piece in the picture below stick behind the right ramp up against th backboard. Anyone know where it belongs?

F495849E-BA32-4FEA-84BE-16661F5417D0 (resized).jpegF495849E-BA32-4FEA-84BE-16661F5417D0 (resized).jpeg
#4092 4 years ago

I’m in. Picked up our Premium on Wednesday but just got it upstairs today. Awesome game.

005954E8-0F70-4A47-8AE1-391CAA1A3BD5 (resized).jpeg005954E8-0F70-4A47-8AE1-391CAA1A3BD5 (resized).jpegD15A46B2-37E1-41E1-9E0D-79B87E2EDBF6 (resized).jpegD15A46B2-37E1-41E1-9E0D-79B87E2EDBF6 (resized).jpeg
#4093 4 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

I had Titans on the flippers but felt they were a little too "bouncy" so I've put on Perfect Play rubbers on the flippers, so far I'm liking them they are not as bouncy as the Titans and seem to give a little more control, but as they say each to their own

I also put the perfect play ones on my flippers. They have great bounce and control. This game is so good, I am playing it every chance I get.

#4094 4 years ago
Quoted from Hjbondar:

Found the piece in the picture below stick behind the right ramp up against th backboard. Anyone know where it belongs?[quoted image]

Looks like the plate on top of the raptor gate. I will double check when I'm back home.

#4095 4 years ago
Quoted from Had:

Looks like the plate on top of the raptor gate. I will double check when I'm back home.

It is.

#4096 4 years ago
Quoted from wheels:

Anyone having an issue with some kind of warning when trying to download the newest code? I don't know if the issue is on my end or not. Should I ignore the warning and just download?[quoted image]

Click "Advanced". It'll let you proceed from there.

#4097 4 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Click "Advanced". It'll let you proceed from there.

Cool. Thanks. Never saw that warning prior to now.

#4098 4 years ago
Quoted from Hjbondar:

Found the piece in the picture below stick behind the right ramp up against th backboard. Anyone know where it belongs?[quoted image]

I believe that goes at the top front part of the raptor pen.

9EF03625-0386-42B9-98E8-6B34897D8142 (resized).jpeg9EF03625-0386-42B9-98E8-6B34897D8142 (resized).jpeg
#4099 4 years ago

Played one hour with my new red superbands and I must say that I liked it. More easy to control the ball, maybe it is beacuse Iam used to play with black rubber. And they look very nice!

#4100 4 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Joined the club today! Tough but fair game. My thumbs are raw from 5 hours of play. Game plays perfect.[quoted image]

Thumbs?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 14.95
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
8,599 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9,218 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 185.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/82?hl=tradesman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.