(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_1098 (resized).png
B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,222 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 185.
#4001 4 years ago
Quoted from Had:

What's the consensus on this? It's my first NIB and mine is looking more like a golf ball each day. Is this normal? Build date mid October.

My other NIB Stern does not have the dimples. My dimples were on pf right out of the box. I made the purchase and plan to stick with what I received. It plays fine and I’m not up for begging stern for a new pf and if it isn’t populated I’m not up for switching it out.

#4002 4 years ago

Hey all I am looking to join the club and I am looking for an LE. If anyone is selling or interested in a trade please let me know. -Thanks

#4003 4 years ago

Installed the code update(0.97.0) yesterday and played a few games. Got my best score since receiving the game on Saturday (1,336,051,590). I noticed for the first time a black and white picture sitting next to Nedry's computer of Keith Elwin smoking a pipe. Seemed to be a random occurrence. Is this new with this code?

#4004 4 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I noticed for the first time a black and white picture sitting next to Nedry's computer of Keith Elwin smoking a pipe. Seemed to be a random occurrence. Is this new with this code?

Nope always been there

#4005 4 years ago
Quoted from Had:

What's the consensus on this? It's my first NIB and mine is looking more like a golf ball each day. Is this normal? Build date mid October.

All pin playfields dimple, some more than others depending on the hardness of the wood. It is a metal ball striking wood....

Good news is that it does even out over time and become less noticeable.

#4006 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Hey all I am looking to join the club and I am looking for an LE. If anyone is selling or interested in a trade please let me know. -Thanks

One here at ASOA in Fl.
http://villagebbs.com/forum/index.php?topic=43487.0

#4007 4 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

All pin playfields dimple, some more than others depending on the hardness of the wood. It is a metal ball striking wood....
Good news is that it does even out over time and become less noticeable.

That seems logical. I guess I wanted too much from the clearcoat.

#4008 4 years ago
Quoted from Had:

Yes

#4009 4 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Installed the code update(0.97.0) yesterday and played a few games. Got my best score since receiving the game on Saturday (1,336,051,590). I noticed for the first time a black and white picture sitting next to Nedry's computer of Keith Elwin smoking a pipe. Seemed to be a random occurrence. Is this new with this code?

I noticed it the first time I played mine with old code

#4010 4 years ago
Quoted from Had:

My first NIB was a Star Wars premium.. I'll admit, when I first started playing it, the crazy speed and airballs were putting dimples everywhere... But I play the heck out of it and the dimples started to blend and disappear...I honestly don't notice then anymore and really have to look for them now, at just the right angle...Jurassic Park, same thing but much much smaller dimples (less clear probably helps) and seems to be blending in faster than star wars...I just keep my pins clean and waxed repeatedly and they look amazing... Mine are meant to be played first and appreciated second...

#4011 4 years ago

I played an LE on Location 2 weeks with lots of dimples.
Went back 2 months later, and could barely see any at all.

#4012 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I played an LE on Location 2 weeks with lots of dimples.
Went back 2 months later, and could barely see any at all.

Good to know!

#4013 4 years ago

does anyone know if the Stern shooter rod comes with the LED lighting? Looks like the LEDs shine out of the shooting rod housing.

#4014 4 years ago

Anyone know if putting Locktite blue on the 3 screw that hold the plastic jaw on, would be a good idea?

My T-Rex jaw dropped right off, and I'm only able to find 1 of the screws. Waiting to see if Stern can send me more, or if I can find them at a hardware store, but when I do get them, I' thinking they need to be put in their ore secure, because with all the movement, this is going to happen again.

#4015 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Anyone know if putting Locktite blue on the 3 screw that hold the plastic jaw on, would be a good idea?
My T-Rex jaw dropped right off, and I'm only able to find 1 of the screws. Waiting to see if Stern can send me more, or if I can find them at a hardware store, but when I do get them, I' thinking they need to be put in their ore secure, because with all the movement, this is going to happen again.

My only concern would be if you ever needed to get them off. Maybe a very small dab.

#4016 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

does anyone know if the Stern shooter rod comes with the LED lighting? Looks like the LEDs shine out of the shooting rod housing.

Correct

#4017 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Check post 3152, I posted a pic of the Stern Shooter I installed on mine with the additional tiltgraphics shooter plate. The LEDs are visible in the pic.

#4018 4 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Check post 3152, I posted a pic of the Stern Shooter I installed on mine with the additional tiltgraphics shooter plate. The LEDs are visible in the pic.

sweet. looks great

#4019 4 years ago

Blue Loctite would be just fine, I can’t imagine ever having issues removing anything that was blue’d. Red on the hand gets tougher. Also I keep coming to this thread to check and still no in stock shooter rod and no topper announced!

#4020 4 years ago

Seems like there should be a recognition/bonus for rescuing everyone *before* capturing the dino (since rescues after the capture are lower risk).

#4021 4 years ago
Quoted from C_Presley:

Blue Loctite would be just fine, I can’t imagine ever having issues removing anything that was blue’d. Red on the hand gets tougher. Also I keep coming to this thread to check and still no in stock shooter rod and no topper announced!

blue locks down good. I know it is a older game, but I had to use bolt cutters to cut every post off a mousin around that had blue loctite used.

#4022 4 years ago

Take the screw you have, go to any big box hardware store, find someone in the applicable colored vest, hand them the screw and tell them you'd like four more.

They will match it for you.

or if I can find them at a hardware store

#4023 4 years ago

Next issue... The raptor gate isn't flush with the pf, so balls are getting stuck there, and often I start games with a ball already in there.

Is there any way to adjust the height of the gate?

#4024 4 years ago

Next issue... The raptor gate isn't flush with the pf, so balls are getting stuck there, and often I start games with a ball already in there.
Is there any way to adjust the height of the gate?

1st, check the two height adjustment screws under the gate under the playfield, they allow you to set the resting point when the gate is lowered...If the gate is not making contact with those...ie hanging up on the playfield hole, then see the below info...

There's a detailed post of this very thing by yancy it has a detailed step by step with pics and instructions what to do...

A brief summary: Looks like the gate was physically hanging on the back edge and required some dremeling of the bracket hole to move the bracket into position

Here's the post:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/53#post-5300605

#4025 4 years ago

So, I see the raptor behind the raptor pen has a spring below it. Is that raptor supposed to move? Mine is just stationary. I don’t ever notice it moving. Am I missing something?? Thanks fellas.

#4026 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

So, I see the raptor behind the raptor pen has a spring below it. Is that raptor supposed to move? Mine is just stationary. I don’t ever notice it moving. Am I missing something?? Thanks fellas.

It's not a spring, it's a bunch of weights on a screw post that weights the tail of the raptor down.

A ball hitting the plate in the raptor pit "punches" the plate under the tail and kicks the raptor forward then the weights help return it to the start position.

Try it with the glass off ( you should be able to move the Raptor by hand freely) and launch some balls into the pit by hand...you should see the raptor lunge forward...it's a quick lunge and needs the weight and speed of the ball to deflect the plate...it's all physical reaction, not a solenoid movement

If not...it make be stuck on the plastic ball deflector, or the Raptor hind leg screw/nut may be too tight preventing movement...I actually took the washer out of my Raptor leg assembly to help the Raptor move more easily (there's a post and groove track in the Raptors leg's the washer was allowing the post to come out of the track), and loosened the stack of weights screw on the tail to allow the random weight movement to assist the return travel and also prevent the tip of the rod holding the weights from getting stuck on the plastic...now it's super speedy

#4027 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

It's not a spring, it's a bunch of weights on a screw post that weights the tail of the raptor down.
A ball hitting the plate in the raptor pit "punches" the plate under the tail and kicks the raptor forward then the weights help return it to the start position.
Try it with the glass off ( you should be able to move the Raptor by hand freely) and launch some balls into the pit by hand...you should see the raptor lunge forward...it's a quick lunge and needs the weight and speed of the ball to deflect the plate...it's all physical reaction, not a solenoid movement
If not...it make be stuck on the plastic ball deflector, or the Raptor hind leg screw/nut may be too tight preventing movement...I actually took the washer out of my Raptor leg assembly to help the Raptor move more easily (there's a post and groove track in the Raptors leg's the washer was allowing the post to come out of the track), and loosened the stack of weights screw on the tail to allow the random weight movement to assist the return travel and also prevent the tip of the rod holding the weights from getting stuck on the plastic...now it's super speedy

Okay. Thank you!!

#4028 4 years ago

I'm still really digging the new code. Played a bunch the last two nights and several times heard a call out for the super tranquilizer. Is that awarding another one or is it just reminding me I still have my original one to use? I think it's saying "Super Tranq loaded" or something like that. The code update notes say the award of a super tranq isn't stackable and is re-lit with raptor tower awards but they don't say how many raptor tower shots are required, so I'm not positive if it's awarding me a new tranq on that callout or not. If it is a new one, then I should probably be using my original one sooner instead of hanging onto it and then getting the reload to use on T-Rex or Spiny, right? This code has been fun to play from day 1 and just keeps adding really great stuff.

After adjusting the ball guides to the left and upper right flippers last night my game is playing COMPLETELY different (in a good way). I'm not having to fight it anymore to make shots and combos. I thought it had great flow and shots before, but now everything is even WAY better and it's amazing. I was able to kick my left flipper power up and now I can hit the S lane on the fly and still pull the ball through the spinner lane and sometimes to the T-Rex mouth, and also still backhand the raptor pit. Really lets me pick whatever path I want to go for. Until now POTC was still my favorite game to play, but with JP2 dialed in like this it's just incredible and right there with it.

#4029 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

The code update notes say the award of a super tranq isn't stackable and is re-lit with raptor tower awards but they don't say how many raptor tower shots are required, so I'm not positive if it's awarding me a new tranq on that callout or not. If it is a new one, then I should probably be using my original one sooner instead of hanging onto it and then getting the reload to use on T-Rex or Spiny, right?

It should be awarded every 5 tower shots.

#4030 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I'm still really digging the new code. Played a bunch the last two nights and several times heard a call out for the super tranquilizer. Is that awarding another one or is it just reminding me I still have my original one to use? I think it's saying "Super Tranq loaded" or something like that. The code update notes say the award of a super tranq isn't stackable and is re-lit with raptor tower awards but they don't say how many raptor tower shots are required, so I'm not positive if it's awarding me a new tranq on that callout or not. If it is a new one, then I should probably be using my original one sooner instead of hanging onto it and then getting the reload to use on T-Rex or Spiny, right? This code has been fun to play from day 1 and just keeps adding really great stuff.
After adjusting the ball guides to the left and upper right flippers last night my game is playing COMPLETELY different (in a good way). I'm not having to fight it anymore to make shots and combos. I thought it had great flow and shots before, but now everything is even WAY better and it's amazing. I was able to kick my left flipper power up and now I can hit the S lane on the fly and still pull the ball through the spinner lane and sometimes to the T-Rex mouth, and also still backhand the raptor pit. Really lets me pick whatever path I want to go for. Until now POTC was still my favorite game to play, but with JP2 dialed in like this it's just incredible and right there with it.

So what’s your left flipper power at now? >235?

#4031 4 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

So what’s your left flipper power at now? >235?

I bumped the left one up to 242. I kept the right flipper where it was though for making the T-Rex catch.

#4032 4 years ago

OMG how good is the new code!

#4033 4 years ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

OMG how good is the new code!

Pretty awesome. My plunger isn't great at reliably hitting the half-pipe return, so I got kinda programmed to just use the auto-launch. Except, now you gotta wait until that sucker turns red otherwise I find myself wasting the super tranquilizer. However, thanks to that super, I'm getting further into the paddocks then I ever have.

#4034 4 years ago

Old question, but I've reviewed the key indexed posts and they don't seem to help: my T-rex jaw is about half to 3/4 of an inch above the ramp when opened, so it obviously never catches any balls. I've tried following the instructions given (as I understand them, anyway) and loosened the 4 nuts holding the motor bracket, but there does not seem to be any way to adjust it so the head goes lower. I can push the bracket down a bit which makes the head go higher, but I am not able to pull the bracket any higher to make the head go lower. Am I misunderstanding the instructions and/or doing something wrong?

#4035 4 years ago

Finally reached the "Visitor Center" after 300 games Tough shots/rules on this one...

#4036 4 years ago

I have less than 300 games on my Premium, and the shooter rod has started dragging. Actually has some tiny metal shavings by the bushing on the inside of the machine. What's the best way to get in contact with Stern for a replacement, or is this something I should go thru my distributor on? I think going straight to Stern would be the easiest, but y'all tell me.
Thanks!

#4037 4 years ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

I have less than 300 games on my Premium, and the shooter rod has started dragging. Actually has some tiny metal shavings by the bushing on the inside of the machine. What's the best way to get in contact with Stern for a replacement, or is this something I should go thru my distributor on? I think going straight to Stern would be the easiest, but y'all tell me.
Thanks!

Calling Stern Technical Support directly is best (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-are-the-hoursdays-of-stern-tech-support-800-kickers).

If that doesn't work, contract your distributor.

If that doesn't work, try email ([email protected], [email protected]).

Helps to take photos or videos to describe the issue (not always necessary if it's a known issue).

Good luck.

#4038 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Finally reached the "Visitor Center" after 300 games Tough shots/rules on this one...

Better than me...I have a couple thousand already, alot of those are from dialing the pin in but man tough game for sure... I'm a noob to the hobby this year but closest I've gotten was 4 captures, never made it past the Trex ...I just can't get through the paddocks... Get caught up in the side quests

#4039 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Better than me...I have a couple thousand already, alot of those are from dialing the pin in but man tough game for sure... I'm a noob to the hobby this year but closest I've gotten was 4 captures, never made it past the Trex ...I just can't get through the paddocks... Get caught up in the side quests

Tip...navigating the outer paddocks (which avoids the T-Rex paddock) makes it easier to get to the Visitor center.

#4040 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Calling Stern Technical Support directly is best (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-are-the-hoursdays-of-stern-tech-support-800-kickers).
If that doesn't work, contract your distributor.
If that doesn't work, try email ([email protected], [email protected]).
Helps to take photos or videos to describe the issue (not always necessary if it's a known issue).
Good luck.

Thanks @snaroff. That'll be my first thing done Monday am!

#4041 4 years ago

Having some trouble with the ball guide on the control room/"C" return sending the ball down the middle. Should that be adjusted to deliver to the left flipper or right?

#4042 4 years ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

Thanks snaroff. That'll be my first thing done Monday am!

Pretty sure they are open 7 days a week.

#4043 4 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Pretty sure they are open 7 days a week.

Nope.

Quoted from ctl723:

Having some trouble with the ball guide on the control room/"C" return sending the ball down the middle. Should that be adjusted to deliver to the left flipper or right?

On my machine, this shot alternates between the left and right flippers (which is pretty cool...keeps you on your feet).

Occasionally, it results in a center drain...on my machine, the % of center drains from this shot hasn’t been alarming.

#4044 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Tip...navigating the outer paddocks (which avoids the T-Rex paddock) makes it easier to get to the Visitor center.

I try that but maybe get to the 4th Paddock on either the left or right route...then insanity ensues and I get gobbled up in a TREX event, Control room, Raptor Multi...or something else that makes the palms sweat ...I've been so tempted to set to 4 balls but I'm resisting...trying to get better...I've already closed the outlanes as small as they will go

It just seems like my outlane drains are rockets without the ability to nudge in time...should I be nudging every sling hit?

#4045 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I try that but maybe get to the 4th Paddock...then insanity ensues and I get gobbled up in a TREX event, Control room, Raptor Multi...or something else that makes the palms sweat ...I've been so tempted to set to 4 balls but I'm resisting...trying to get better...I've already closed the outlanes as small as they will go
It just seems like my outlane drains are rockets without the ability to nudge in time...should I be nudging every sling hit?

I see. I closed the right outlane, but it hasn’t made much of a difference. Still plenty of right drains.

Sticking to 3-balls is right-minded...you can always add balls later if it improves your experience. Another approach is to avoid the non-paddock modes as much as possible.

#4046 4 years ago

Anyone recognize this from inside of the cabinet? It appears to be some sort of plastic spacer.

61AD09B2-347B-412A-95DB-6B42F8989324 (resized).jpeg61AD09B2-347B-412A-95DB-6B42F8989324 (resized).jpeg
#4047 4 years ago
Quoted from kse001:

Old question, but I've reviewed the key indexed posts and they don't seem to help: my T-rex jaw is about half to 3/4 of an inch above the ramp when opened, so it obviously never catches any balls. I've tried following the instructions given (as I understand them, anyway) and loosened the 4 nuts holding the motor bracket, but there does not seem to be any way to adjust it so the head goes lower. I can push the bracket down a bit which makes the head go higher, but I am not able to pull the bracket any higher to make the head go lower. Am I misunderstanding the instructions and/or doing something wrong?

I had my best results adjusting the T-Rex bracket when the head was in the middle position of the vertical motor test. I remember when it was in the lower position of that test I wasn't able to adjust the bracket much, so I moved it to the vertical motor position, adjusted the nuts, re-tightend them, put the playfield back into position, and then did the jaw lowering test again. It was a bit of a pain to have to keep moving the playfield back and forth from the service position and moving the T-Rex back and forth from the lower to the middle position of the test before adjusting the bracket, but I found I was able to adjust it better while the T-Rex was in that middle position. Hope this helps.

#4048 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Anyone recognize this from inside of the cabinet? It appears to be some sort of plastic spacer.[quoted image]

Looks like the spacer on the ball deflector guard near the Trex ramp

#4049 4 years ago

My t-rex started squeaking on vertical movements tonight. Anybody else?

#4050 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I see. I closed the right outlane, but it hasn’t made much of a difference. Still plenty of right drains.
Sticking to 3-balls is right-minded...you can always add balls later if it improves your experience. Another approach is to avoid the non-paddock modes as much as possible.

Gotcha, thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
8,599 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 35.00
$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 9,222 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 185.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/81?hl=aniraf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.