(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,218 posts
  • 803 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by scootss
  • Topic is favorited by 439 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1098 (resized).png
B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_030524583 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,218 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 185.
#3951 4 years ago

Nice update: - T-Rex Multiball - added new T-Rex mech choreography when starting the mode, T-Rex now chews the ball, roars in time with on-screen display effects, then throws the ball on a delay

First time it did it, the T-rex raised its head up, ball held (I assume on magnet) and then it tossed it behind the T-rex sign mod I put on the screw between the left and right corkscrew habit trails and got stuck. It also seems to hold onto it longer...allows the second ball to be auto plunged into play for a few seconds before finally spitting it out (random location it seems).

Wondering who the new voice is doing the callouts associated with the MAP progression. Definitely different sounding. Almost sounds like Jim Hopper (STH) got himself trapped in Jurassic Park.

#3952 4 years ago

Love the new Trex multiball start... The chewing on the ball effect with the sound is awesome!!!

#3953 4 years ago

Wow....I just put about 10 games on .97 and now I cannot wait until the code hits 1.0. This update is a treasure.

The new T-rex choreography makes this the best toy in pinball right there with the MM castle.

The game just gets better and better. Bravo Keith Elwin and team!

Man...I'm hoping for a Keith Elwin BTTF trilogy reboot.

#3954 4 years ago
Quoted from JediMcMuffin:

Can you share your settings?

I’ve got 6.9 pitch. Upper right flipper 216. Right flipper 229. Left 230.

#3955 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I will gladly give those same settings a try. I'm defaulted right now. Though I dare say depsite the changelog saying "default" for lower right is now 225, i had to set that manually.

#3956 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Thanks for the info

#3957 4 years ago
Quoted from JediMcMuffin:

I will gladly give those same settings a try. I'm defaulted right now. Though I dare say depsite the changelog saying "default" for lower right is now 225, i had to set that manually.

I thought it was 235 not 225? Changed back in the .91 update, did they take it down further?

#3958 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I thought it was 235 not 225? Changed back in the .91 update, did they take it down further?

You’re probably right. I mistyped. I looked now and it was at 235. I am going to try EaglePins settings tonight

#3959 4 years ago

I played some again this evening and was still frustrated by the slight hop remaining in the transition to the left flipper from the ball guide. It looks like the issue is that the ball guide isn’t a fraction of an inch past the pivot end of the flipper like it is on the right. That hop away from the flipper is why I’ve had to dial down the right flipper power so much. Here are pictures of my right and left taken at identical angles. The guide from the right isn’t blocked by the flipper but the left just barely is. Doesn’t look like I can adjust the guide. Is it possible to adjust the flipper position a bit in the hole?

29E2224C-C33D-4923-8EFB-13DBECE3FDF6 (resized).jpeg29E2224C-C33D-4923-8EFB-13DBECE3FDF6 (resized).jpegF8831A11-7F66-4E7C-BF1E-C9276CC89724 (resized).jpegF8831A11-7F66-4E7C-BF1E-C9276CC89724 (resized).jpeg
#3960 4 years ago

Is it my hearing or is there a new actor doing a bunch of the old call outs?

#3961 4 years ago

Did anyone else hear Zach Meny say that JP Premium/LE playfields appear to be made differently than the Pros and have fewer dimpling issues because of it? First time I've heard that and wondering if it's legit.

#3962 4 years ago
Quoted from Patrunkenphat7:

Did anyone else hear Zach Meny say that JP Premium/LE playfields appear to be made differently than the Pros and have fewer dimpling issues because of it? First time I've heard that and wondering if it's legit.

I have a premium and it’s dimpled to crap
11/08/19 build date

#3963 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I played some again this evening and was still frustrated by the slight hop remaining in the transition to the left flipper from the ball guide. It looks like the issue is that the ball guide isn’t a fraction of an inch past the pivot end of the flipper like it is on the right. That hop away from the flipper is why I’ve had to dial down the right flipper power so much. Here are pictures of my right and left taken at identical angles. The guide from the right isn’t blocked by the flipper but the left just barely is. Doesn’t look like I can adjust the guide. Is it possible to adjust the flipper position a bit in the hole?[quoted image][quoted image]

You can adjust the guides slightly. Loosen all 4 screws in the guide and then while holding the guide in the desired position, test a couple ball rolls and when satisfied, retighten...it doesn't take much...

#3964 4 years ago

holy crap, just installed the new code. This one is going to end up being possibly the best of all time. Not even at 1.0 code yet and it is already a masterpiece.

#3965 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Is it my hearing or is there a new actor doing a bunch of the old call outs?

I heard him too on a bunch of callouts...It almost sounds like David Harbour (Hopper from Stranger Things)

#3966 4 years ago

The ball chewing is genious!!!! and perfectly synced with the vid and sound...My kids love it

#3967 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

11/08/19 build date

I have a late November build with a about 100 plays and I am virtually dimple free at the moment.

#3968 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

The ball chewing is genious!!!! My kids love it

yes and the slinging it around is pretty darn cool. My son has been playing the crap out of it and he never plays anymore.

#3969 4 years ago

Jesus!!! I think I play too much...I have an October build, got it in November and have over 2500 plays ...how do you guys resist hitting Start

#3970 4 years ago

11/08/19 build date

Since wood is organic, probably a lot of variance in the hardness tree to tree.

#3971 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Jesus!!! I think I play too much...I have an October build, got it in November and have over 2500 plays ...how do you guys resist hitting Start

I just got mine Sunday night at 9pm and probably got 100 and was out of town Monday in Orlando. I am glad I pulled the trigger on this one.

#3972 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I just got mine Sunday night at 9pm and probably got 100 and was out of town Monday in Orlando. I am glad I pulled the trigger on this one.

Ah gotcha, sorry I misread that! Have a blast...love this game

#3973 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I have a late November build with a about 100 plays and I am virtually dimple free at the moment.

That’s great!

Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Since wood is organic, probably a lot of variance in the hardness tree to tree.

It plays the same. It’s fisheyes in the clear not ball dimples

#3974 4 years ago

I picked up a premium today . No pooling. Everything looks and works great.
Great theme !
Build date 11/27/19

#3975 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

You can adjust the guides slightly. Loosen all 4 screws in the guide and then while holding the guide in the desired position, test a couple ball rolls and when satisfied, retighten...it doesn't take much...

As the game says, "REMARKABLE!!!" Thank you so much!!! That did it for me. I was just barely able to get the probably 1/16" of play in the guide I needed and now the ball seamlessly transitions and rolls down the face of the flipper. I just tested it in game play too and, Scouts honor, my first two shots off the plunge were left ramp skill shot followed by S lane on the fly. Then just a couple shots later I did the same combo on the fly again. The ball hasn't had flow to that flipper and the S lane like that since the game was delivered. After I played the machine in Key West I knew mine was lacking on that shot and this got me there. This is really going to open up the game for me. Thank you again!!!

#3976 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I heard him too on a bunch of callouts...It almost sounds like David Harbour (Hopper from Stranger Things)

Lol. Maybe they offered him some pizza and beer to stay a bit longer and record a few extra callouts and told him they're for Stranger Things.

#3977 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

As the game says, "REMARKABLE!!!" Thank you so much!!! That did it for me. I was just barely able to get the probably 1/16" of play in the guide I needed and now the ball seamlessly transitions and rolls down the face of the flipper. I just tested it in game play too and, Scouts honor, my first two shots off the plunge were left ramp skill shot followed by S lane on the fly. Then just a couple shots later I did the same combo on the fly again. The ball hasn't had flow to that flipper and the S lane like that since the game was delivered. After I played the machine in Key West I knew mine was lacking on that shot and this got me there. This is really going to open up the game for me. Thank you again!!!

Oh that's awesome!! Glad it worked out!!! Have fun with the new smoothness

#3978 4 years ago

Got a dozen or so games in after update.

Haven't had my loop miss a single ball yet! Used to miss fast shots all the time.

Love the chomps and the roar.

I feel like the ball save on T-rex multiball should be longer now, By the time the rex tosses the ball its almost over (If no timer extenders).

The super tranq is super cool though it should be disabled for a second after smart missile selection, easy to accidentally burn it if cycling through SM rewards at the last second.

Glad they did something more with the action button.

The new callouts aren't bad, really helpful for normies, sounds like the softer side of the Iron Maiden guy.
Really happy pteranodon attack doesnt count down like it used to.

Solid update JP team, just keeps getting better!

One thing not related to the update is that I had the T-rex kill a guy and move after my ball drained and the animation was playing (maybe it was a nedry?) Which means it was still timing out, not a huge thing but the Rex moves so quick that any extra time or a good shot at a rescue can be valuable.
In this case it was on the right ramp which I could've hit with the skill shot and saved the guy unless the dino starts immediately on plunge.

#3979 4 years ago

Here is my problem... missing the screw though

C66C5807-98EB-4A1E-BC69-508634C1E2C4 (resized).jpegC66C5807-98EB-4A1E-BC69-508634C1E2C4 (resized).jpeg
#3980 4 years ago

Awesome Stern!! I just read the release notes for the new code update. Can't wait to install it tomorrow. Super pumped!

#3981 4 years ago

Love the .97 update!
Left orbit shots register 100% (so far).
The new callouts are going to be helpful for people who don't know where to shoot yet. And I like the different voice actors.
I'm glad the pteranodon timer is gone too.

Quoted from fooflighter:

Agreed! Sounds like Hopper

#3982 4 years ago

Question regarding the smart missle awards. I've read that you can select different awards before taking the shot via the action button. How do I know what award is being selected? When the ball is trapped and the smart missle countdown is occurring, I push the action button and can hear different sounds but don't seem to understand how I know what award I'm selecting. I watch the screen but don't see any visual indicators.

#3983 4 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Question regarding the smart missle awards. I've read that you can select different awards before taking the shot via the action button. How do I know what award is being selected? When the ball is trapped and the smart missle countdown is occurring, I push the action button and can hear different sounds but don't seem to understand how I know what award I'm selecting. I watch the screen but don't see any visual indicators.

It’s written on the bottom of the screen and you’ll see the selection change as you push the button. The lettering doesn’t really jump out so it’s not really noticeable until you realize it’s there and you know where to look, but it’s there.

#3984 4 years ago

My TRex head came with a scratch from
Factory.. pinside is cool
2CF36F9E-B146-4677-8867-53D391A05BD8 (resized).jpeg2CF36F9E-B146-4677-8867-53D391A05BD8 (resized).jpeg

#3985 4 years ago
Quoted from madscientist101:

Factory.. I am asking for a replacement.. you guys think It should be replaced? I do...
[quoted image]

Are you sure that didn’t happen when you were fixing his mouth for Stern!?( just kidding)
If anything they should give you a new
T-Rex head for doing their job for them

They could pass as battle Wounds

#3986 4 years ago

Are you sure that didn’t happen when you were fixing his mouth for Stern!?( just kidding)
If anything they should give you a new
T-Rex head for doing their job for them

I had a feeling someone was going to say that lol... it’s the first thing I saw when unboxing game actually.

#3987 4 years ago

Agreed - if they don't replace it, break out the red paint. Instant badass dino battle wounds.

#3988 4 years ago

Factory.. I am asking for a replacement.. you guys think It should be replaced? I do...
[quoted image]

I'd ask for a replacement, put a little touch up paint on the current head, and keep on flipping. Save the replacement head as a spare.

#3989 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I'd ask for a replacement, put a little touch up paint on the current head, and keep on flipping. Save the replacement head as a spare.

That’s exactly what I am planning on doing

#3990 4 years ago

Boy I wish I could find a Nice TOTAN for sale near me
Oops wrong thread

#3991 4 years ago

I can’t wait to see this trex actually eat a ball! My Trex is in pieces waiting for a screw! Home Depot has screw yet it didn’t have some spacer or washer that the original screw had so I am just going to wait tell Friday when I get original part....

#3992 4 years ago

I can’t wait to see this trex actually eat a ball! My Trex is in pieces waiting for a screw! Home Depot has screw yet it didn’t have some spacer or washer that the original screw had so I am just going to wait tell Friday when I get original part....

it is pretty cool.

#3993 4 years ago

Can you disable the T-Rex and still play?

#3994 4 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Can you disable the T-Rex and still play?

Yes in settings menu you can...

#3995 4 years ago

New code update is fantastic! T. rex chewing ball!?!? So cool! However the new voices are terrible...just my opinion.

#3996 4 years ago
Quoted from Jolt:

New code update is fantastic! T. rex chewing ball!?!? So cool! However the new voices are terrible...just my opinion.

yes, new code is awesome. My entire family is in game room now playing it. I am going to have 1000 plays very quickly.

#3997 4 years ago

New code is awesome... This isn't!

This game has been coming apart screw by screw.

Anyone know if I can get these screws back in without taking the entire T-Rex out?

IMG_20200109_000937 (resized).jpgIMG_20200109_000937 (resized).jpg
#3998 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

New code is awesome... This isn't!
This game has been coming apart screw by screw.
Anyone know if I can get these screws back in without taking the entire T-Rex out?[quoted image]

Just do the first 2 steps shown here to get access to put screws back in.. supers easy and super quick

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/60#post-5318928

#3999 4 years ago

Just do the first 2 steps shown here to get access to put screws back in.. supers easy and super quick
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/60#post-5318928

Can only find one screw.

Need to get two more. Would a hardware store carry them?

Also, would putting locktite on the screws be a good idea when I put it back together?

#4000 4 years ago

11/08/19 build date

What's the consensus on this? It's my first NIB and mine is looking more like a golf ball each day. Is this normal? Build date mid October.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinhead mods

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

There are 9,218 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 185.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/80?hl=onthesnap and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.