(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,218 posts
  • 803 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by scootss
  • Topic is favorited by 439 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1098 (resized).png
B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_030524583 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,218 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 185.
#301 4 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Ok so after reading all about the issues with playfields I called my distro and asked him if he had heard anything about these "widespread issues". He said he had heard about it on Pinside but nothing else, so he said he would call Stern to get the skinny and ask them point blank if they are having issues with the playfields in Jurassic Parks. He called me straight back and told me he had talked to Stern and asked them to give it to him straight, they're reply was that they have shipped 700 Pro Jurassic Parks and a grand total of 5 people have complained about the play field issues as we are seeing here on Pinside. By those numbers alone that is less than 1% of the total games shipped that have reported an issue. So either people are not calling to complain to the manufacturer (as they should do) or just complaining here on Pinside. My distro said he'd had one person call to cancel his LE because of the issues he'd read about, then the day after he called back to "un-cancel his order", he'd changed his mind again. I just wanted to share this information FWIW. I will NOT be cancelling my purchase as I'm sure that if there is an issue you can be sure I will be contacting the distro/manufaturer to get it resolved and then posting my results here not viceversa. Happy Flippin'

You really think a distro will tell you the truth on how many complaints they may or may not be getting. Telling you the true# of complaints could compromise future sales.

#302 4 years ago

Whether or not you have the issue, I suspect there will be a stigmata for any pins produced this August/September (and maybe longer) that will affect resale value. Why buy a used pin manufactured during this period, when you could buy one after they fix the problem and fee more assured in your purchase?

#303 4 years ago

Agreed. What really sucks are the guys who bought Wonka standards and JP pros just to fill in the time before premium and LEs came out.

Reselling those with clear issues? Yikes. You almost have to get it fixed first before selling unless you're willing to take a major loss.

#304 4 years ago

Here's on thing that Stern isn't getting credit for, leg protectors and service bars.

KIMG1774 (resized).JPGKIMG1774 (resized).JPG
#305 4 years ago

Anyone hear a shipping update? Contacted my distributor last week and haven't heard back. I love it when I'm asked for full payment, send it and then radio silence.

#306 4 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Anyone hear a shipping update? Contacted my distributor last week and haven't heard back. I love it when I'm asked for full payment, send it and then radio silence.

I would never pay a distributor in full until the game is ready to ship. Not sure why others do this. I've bought many NIB, limited edition etc.

If that's what required, find another distributor.

#307 4 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

My distributor's saying middle to end of the month. They're on the line, and should start shipping out end of next week is what I've heard. And on a side note, not sure why your distributor asked/required full payment for the purchase. I had to provide a VERY modest deposit for mine. If you have any sort of history with your dist, you shouldn't be paying in full until the game ships to you.

#308 4 years ago

Have you folks seen the Topper that Dan at Tilttopper.com is offering. It is a one time limited edition and it looks very cool. At $270 including shipping, I ordered one. I have bought from him before and I like his quality and service. If a better version if offered by someone later, I will upgrade and resell this one. But, I don't want to hold my breath on Stern (think Star Wars) waiting for it to happen while Dan sells out on his. BTW, I have no 'skin in the game'. I just want to share the information for what ever its worth.

#309 4 years ago

I really hope you guys get a quality product shipped to you...My opinion (i may very well be wring) there is no way these issues will be fixed before the LE ships. If the wood was soft (cheap) and they “softened” the clear to allow it to flex (dimples) without chipping- what do we expect them to do in three weeks? Aquire and screen all new playfields? If they just make the clear harder it may chip if the base (wood) is soft.

#310 4 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

I really hope you guys get a quality product shipped to you...My opinion (i may very well be wring) there is no way these issues will be fixed before the LE ships. If the wood was soft (cheap) and they “softened” the clear to allow it to flex (dimples) without chipping- what do we expect them to do in three weeks? Aquire and screen all new playfields? If they just make the clear harder it may chip if the base (wood) is soft.

My distributor says the issues will be resolved by the time LEs are due to ship. Fingers crossed!

#311 4 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Have you folks seen the Topper that Dan at Tilttopper.com is offering. It is a one time limited edition and it looks very cool. At $270 including shipping, I ordered one. I have bought from him before and I like his quality and service. If a better version if offered by someone later, I will upgrade and resell this one. But, I don't want to hold my breath on Stern (think Star Wars) waiting for it to happen while Dan sells out on his. BTW, I have no 'skin in the game'. I just want to share the information for what ever its worth.

Not impressed at all. Looks like a rehash.

#312 4 years ago

Hi everyone, I joined the LE club today and put my deposit down for the last LE my distributor had.

I'm not into toppers unless they are especially interesting, but I always pick up the best playfield mods.

I'm not too worried about the clearcoat issue. I stay away from SE / Pros hoping that any major problems have been found by the time LE / Premiums come out - so far that's worked for me.

#313 4 years ago
Quoted from CVeRiTy:

Hi everyone, I joined the LE club today and put my deposit down for the last LE my distributor had.
I'm not into toppers unless they are especially interesting, but I always pick up the best playfield mods.
I'm not too worried about the clearcoat issue. I stay away from SE / Pros hoping that any major problems have been found by the time LE / Premiums come out - so far that's worked for me.

Welcome to the club.

Nice buy on the LE.

We are working on a Topper of all toppers, just taking some time.

#314 4 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

<snip>If the wood was soft (cheap) and they “softened” the clear to allow it to flex (dimples) without chipping- what do we expect them to do in three weeks? Aquire and screen all new playfields? If they just make the clear harder it may chip if the base (wood) is soft.

Good point. A true solve would probably have to include new, harder grades of PF plywood. Mirco has made great, rock-hard PF's for Stern before, but if we use the shooter lane as a guide, Stern hasn't used a Mirco PF since the first runs of MET. I mean, we all know the signature shooter lane of a Mirco. It has those decorative plies that appear as deltas in the groove cut for the lane. You see them and know right away that the PF is made by Mirco. However, it's been years since we saw those deltas on a Stern PF. And hasn't there been talk about Stern making its PF's in-house? Judging by how soft they've become since, say, IMDN, and how thickly they're laying on that soft clear, I would wager that Mirco did *not* make the PF's in JP2. I think Mirco PF's are as hard as ever. I see that JJP continues to use them but their issues are only about the adhesion of the silk-screened art and the hardness of the clear. Stern's PF's need harder wood *and* harder clear! Can that happen in just a few weeks? Probably not. If I had to wager, I would say Stern will shoot a new formula of clear on PF's supplied by the same sub-par supplier that favors soft/inferior plywood and call it a "fix." It will result in a PF that may ripple less as pressure points but it will still dimple up quickly.

#315 4 years ago

Well, I know a couple of others out there are also designing Barbasol shaving cream mods, but I wanted to share my design for the Data East version of Jurassic Park (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/140#post-5193009)

The mod is currently 5-1/2" tall, but if there is any interest to use with the new Stern JP and it needs to be modified then I would be happy to do so. As stated at the link above, the model is 3D printed with multiple colors (no painting), the label is adhesive vinyl printed on a photo quality printer with a clear vinyl outer layer, the vials are 3D printed and permanently sealed with colored water inside, and the underlighting is a Comet Matrix LED strip (I include the lighting, cabling, and clips to connect the GI circuit somewhere on the bottom side of the playfield).

The mods are ready for purchase (takes about 1 week from time of order) for $60 which includes US shipping (will ship outside US on a per quote basis). Please PM me if interested, and I'm happy to answer any questions and provide payment details.

Barbasol.jpgBarbasol.jpg
#316 4 years ago

Just received a call from my distro asking for balance of payment. LE's should be shipping in about a week

Played a Pro on location this weekend absolutely loved it! Great fun although I did see some pooling of the clear around the left star post sling and the post by the upper flipper was loose, but couldn't see any chipping at all and that was the only pooling of the clear that I could see. We shall see what happens

#317 4 years ago

I'm in, sure hope the CC issues are dealt with now.
If not they can have it back.

Now we need someone to make a really detailed Trex for the game.
Bring on the mods people

#318 4 years ago

Messaging to say I am soon to be a member of the LE club. Sent my final payment in last week. I went and played an on location pro this weekend and the operator had added washers under the star posts so I couldn't see any issues on it yet.

#319 4 years ago

Understand LEs ship next week .

#320 4 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

Understand LEs ship next week .

Seems the good news is spreading. Distro's are contacting buyers. I have heard 3 so far.

#321 4 years ago

So I posted this in the other JP thread, but it really hit home today and wanted to pass along my thoughts ...
I’ve really been struggling with keeping or cancelling my LE ... with all the ups and downs on quality control it’s truly been a heavy weight to consider. At the end of the day, this “heavy weight” is absolutely 100% in the 1st world problems category... so with that I’m keeping my LE order - it’s pinball, its fun and if there’s a problem I’m sure they will fix it. With all the struggles in the world these day and the craziness other families face, pinball should not have a seat on the struggle bus. I’m blessed to be able to afford these amazing toys and will continue to treat them as such ... toys ... stop the stress and have some fun! ✔️

#322 4 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

So I posted this in the other JP thread, but it really hit home today and wanted to pass along my thoughts ...
I’ve really been struggling with keeping or cancelling my LE ... with all the ups and downs on quality control it’s truly been a heavy weight to consider. At the end of the day, this “heavy weight” is absolutely 100% in the 1st world problems category... so with that I’m keeping my LE order - it’s pinball, its fun and if there’s a problem I’m sure they will fix it. With all the struggles in the world these day and the craziness other families face, pinball should not have a seat on the struggle bus. I’m blessed to be able to afford these amazing toys and will continue to treat them as such ... toys ... stop the stress and have some fun! ✔️

Awesome comments.

#323 4 years ago

I just sent in my balanced owed on an LE. I'm officially broke! But, I could be playing it in as little 10-14 days according to my distributor because of my close proximity to the factory (I guess 8-9 hours is close).

#324 4 years ago

I am out of the club - cancelled my LE order. Way to many playfield clear coat issues. Hoping you all are right on this one!! A bit of a gamble.

Ok, so I am now back in the club for a Premium down the road a few months.

Seemed like a reasonable approach. Hoping all issues are resolved by then.

#325 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

I am out of the club - cancelled my LE order. Way to many playfield clear coat issues. Hoping you all are right on this one!! A bit of a gamble.
Ok, so I am now back in the club for a Premium down the road a few months.
Seemed like a reasonable approach. Hoping all issues are resolved by then.

Me too. I canceled my LE this week.

I don’t trust spin or silence, not enough to encourage me trust that if I purchase a pin with clear issues that they will align on my tolerance of what is acceptable - especially when they have my money already and I have the defective pin.

#326 4 years ago

Me too, deposit refunded today after cancellation.

#327 4 years ago

Canceled my LE last week.

Then immediately started having second thoughts.

Got back in yesterday.

I figure (hope) with all the playfield issues, Stern will save the best playfields for the LE home buyers.

No backing out this time!

#328 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeHogue:

Canceled my LE last week.
Then immediately started having second thoughts.
Got back in yesterday.
I figure (hope) with all the playfield issues, Stern will save the best playfields for the LE home buyers.
No backing out this time!

Let us know....

#329 4 years ago

Just paid in full for my LE. Was told it will ship first part of next week!

#330 4 years ago

why is cancelling out on an LE a gamble? Not only will they be available later, but much cheaper.

Look at a great game like IMDN. How many LEs have come up for sale, almost always below cost by a good amount.

#331 4 years ago
Quoted from Tradesman:

Just paid in full for my LE. Was told it will ship first part of next week!

Me too!

#332 4 years ago

Can’t wait to hear when Premiums hit the line. Beginning of October? middle? End??

#333 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

why is cancelling out on an LE a gamble? Not only will they be available later, but much cheaper.
Look at a great game like IMDN. How many LEs have come up for sale, almost always below cost by a good amount.

Agree. I dropped out too, with this logic. And you can pick from those available to make sure you get one without any clearcoat or cracking problems.

#334 4 years ago

What you guys think of this for our new baby??

https://modfatherpinball.com/collections/jurassic-park/products/jurassic-park-stern-mission-chopper?variant=29654456696876

Thumbs up or Thumbs down??

and lastly,

Where would you install it??

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#335 4 years ago

I have a premium on order for Rock Fantasy and a launch party planned !

jurrassic park (resized).jpgjurrassic park (resized).jpg
#336 4 years ago

Tilt Pinball Bar in Minneapolis was supposed to get a JP LE for today's launch party.

They got a 2nd pro. Playfield looks nice so far, washers under the posts. First pro they have does have some pooling, but this second one is looking good as of now.

Seems like LEs may actually be getting delayed a bit?! Possibly a good thing if so.

Screen Shot 2019-09-13 at 3.03.33 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-09-13 at 3.03.33 PM (resized).png
#337 4 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

https://modfatherpinball.com/collections/jurassic-park/products/jurassic-park-stern-mission-chopper?variant=29654456696876
and lastly,
Where would you install it??[quoted image]

Since you asked, I think $42 for a $6 matchbox toy is a rip off...

ebay.com link: Mission Chopper MBX MIssion Force Jurassic Park 4 Pack EXCLUSIVE DFW20 LOOSE

#338 4 years ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

ebay.com link » Mission Chopper Mbx Mission Force Jurassic Park 4 Pack Exclusive Dfw20 Loose

Damn, you ruined my excitement. I cant believe its the same thing...WOW.

I guess he added some leds and made it to be mounted. That's worth another $10 bucks...HAHA.

It's still better than the silly blades.

#339 4 years ago

and lastly,
Where would you install it??[quoted image]

LOL. Looks like a Playmobil toy for toddlers.

#340 4 years ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

ebay.com link » Mission Chopper Mbx Mission Force Jurassic Park 4 Pack Exclusive Dfw20 Loose

That's quite a markup.

#341 4 years ago

I hope the amber shooter rod is quality made as he has that for sale also.

Anyone buying or bought that already???

Thanks.

Pricing is all over the place....$139 and $99.

https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/cabinet-parts/shooter-rods/jurassic-park-mosquito-in-amber-shooter-knob-rod-plunger-for-stern-pinball-machine/

https://modfatherpinball.com/products/jurassic-park-amber-with-mosquito-shooter-stern?variant=29653732786220

CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#342 4 years ago

Thanks.
https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/cabinet-parts/shooter-rods/jurassic-park-mosquito-in-amber-shooter-knob-rod-plunger-for-stern-pinball-machine/
https://modfatherpinball.com/products/jurassic-park-amber-with-mosquito-shooter-stern?variant=29653732786220
CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I ordered mine from my distributor for $80.

#343 4 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

I ordered mine from my distributor for $80.

Hook up a brother. lol

#344 4 years ago

Thanks.
CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just an fyi the cheaper one does night light up, contacted them a while back.

#345 4 years ago

I can already guess the LEs will have playfield issues. No way it’s been resolved.

#346 4 years ago

Looks like a LE arrived in Belgium today.
It’s for a special event.
Pic@Internaute cafe Tounai

A6F6AE09-1E0B-49A2-8B98-19C895BE7984 (resized).jpegA6F6AE09-1E0B-49A2-8B98-19C895BE7984 (resized).jpeg
#347 4 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

Looks like a LE arrived in Belgium today.
It’s for a special event.
Pic@Internaute cafe Tounai[quoted image]

Great! Could you take a photo of the backglass if you go there?

#348 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

Great! Could you take a photo of the backglass if you go there?

There is a video on there facebookpage. You can see the backglass at the end of the video

Search for “internaute cafe V3.9”

#349 4 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

There is a video on there facebookpage. You can see the backglass at the end of the video
Search for “internaute cafe V3.9”

Got it, great!

Thanks

#350 4 years ago

From internaute cafe V3.9

70679728_2488506681229669_3450763603928416256_o (1) (resized).jpg70679728_2488506681229669_3450763603928416256_o (1) (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 14.95
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9,218 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 185.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/7?hl=sgsa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.