(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_1098 (resized).png
B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,222 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 185.
#3851 4 years ago
Quoted from Had:

Can someone please tell me if there is a backing nut for this screw? I can't tighten it and also can't find a missing nut.[quoted image]

I have same issue. My 'fix' was to put a small bit of cloth in the hole when I put it back in. Has worked now for about 2 weeks.

#3852 4 years ago

DELETED

#3853 4 years ago

DELETED

#3854 4 years ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

How does the raptor pen work in multiplayer games? It doesn't seem like you can steal a locked ball, but I'm also not clear in how you'd lock a ball if another player has already done so.

You just have to hit it as is, might have to hit it one or 2 extra times.
It might actually be a hair easier, but no stealing occurs.

#3855 4 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

I have no idea what I did because I was fiddling with the nodes and lamps underneath for the last hour to no avail....I'm typing up a support ticket for Stern, I turn around and my upper left GI is ON and working again. <SMH>
What a 'goat rope'.

I wouldn't tell them a mod broke your game, would probably void your warrenty.

#3856 4 years ago

DELETED

#3857 4 years ago

Broken record!?

#3858 4 years ago

Need some help here. My Trex head constantly moves because this piece drops down off the stepper motor and misses the switch so he doesn’t know his boundaries. It appears my issue is the small Allen wrench screw on the side isn’t tight enough on the shaft so it slips down. The screw will not budge though. Am I on the right path? Is that screw suppose to tighten?
095C04A5-F8C8-47D5-8C01-12423411F5D0 (resized).jpeg095C04A5-F8C8-47D5-8C01-12423411F5D0 (resized).jpeg576D1105-5627-4FDA-A713-277410E668C2 (resized).jpeg576D1105-5627-4FDA-A713-277410E668C2 (resized).jpeg724BB503-64C6-4D9E-A6CA-FE2C1463DB57 (resized).jpeg724BB503-64C6-4D9E-A6CA-FE2C1463DB57 (resized).jpeg9FF62332-082D-46ED-B381-BDC630517212 (resized).jpeg9FF62332-082D-46ED-B381-BDC630517212 (resized).jpegF46FC45E-034D-4C32-9ABA-E423F65571E8 (resized).jpegF46FC45E-034D-4C32-9ABA-E423F65571E8 (resized).jpeg

#3859 4 years ago
Quoted from Dahawk007:

Need some help here. My Trex head constantly moves because this piece drops down off the stepper motor and misses the switch so he knows his boundaries. It appears my issue is the small Allen wrench screw on the side isn’t tight enough on the shaft so it slips down. The screw will not budge though. Am I on the right path? Is that screw suppose to tighten?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

It should tighten. It locks the cam on the shaft so the switch can signal the limit for travel, as you suspected.

First, I would contact Stern for a new assembly. Second, I would try to remove it to assess if it’s stripped or stuck and attempt a fix while you’re waiting on the replacement.

#3860 4 years ago

I keep getting ball stuck under TREX jaw - it finally loosens and heads STDM, not on trex multi ball but on other TREX modes - anyone else? what's the fix?

#3861 4 years ago
Quoted from Dahawk007:

Need some help here. My Trex head constantly moves because this piece drops down off the stepper motor and misses the switch so he doesn’t know his boundaries. It appears my issue is the small Allen wrench screw on the side isn’t tight enough on the shaft so it slips down. The screw will not budge though. Am I on the right path? Is that screw suppose to tighten?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Since you have the cam off, you might try a little heat on that set screw. It could have loc-tite on it from the factory. I would try to remove it by backing it out before trying to set it deeper.

#3862 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I keep getting ball stuck under TREX jaw - it finally loosens and heads STDM, not on trex multi ball but on other TREX modes - anyone else? what's the fix?

Sounds like your default T-Rex head height is too low. Check the “key post” index at the top of this page for adjustment.

#3863 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

It should tighten. It locks the cam on the shaft so the switch can signal the limit for travel, as you suspected.
First, I would contact Stern for a new assembly. Second, I would try to remove it to assess if it’s stripped or stuck and attempt a fix while you’re waiting on the replacement.

Thank you for the help. First Stern and first new in box machine for me. That screw will not turn in or out at all. Might be glued in so I will call Stern Monday about it.

#3864 4 years ago

Rules question: If TREX MB times out (while futzing around with increasing the bonus), does it go away for the rest of the game?

#3865 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Rules question: If TREX MB times out (while futzing around with increasing the bonus), does it go away for the rest of the game?

I believe once you finish the other T-Rex modes you get to play it again.

#3866 4 years ago

Hello. I want to change all the stock rubbers. Do you have an idea how many and what sizes I need to order in total?

Maybe someone has an order to share?
Thx

#3867 4 years ago
Quoted from PinPeet:

Hello. I want to change all the stock rubbers. Do you have an idea how many and what sizes I need to order in total?
Thx

https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/browse/bygame/5738

#3868 4 years ago
Quoted from PinPeet:

Thx

You can also go to Stern’s site to download the manual which identifies all the rubbers.

#3869 4 years ago

Sorry for the noob question, but my JP Premium just arrived yesterday and my raptor is in the down position unless I physically lift it up. It doesn't appear to be getting stuck on anything. Any tips or can someone point me to where this has been covered?

#3870 4 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Sorry for the noob question, but my JP Premium just arrived yesterday and my raptor is in the down position unless I physically lift it up. It doesn't appear to be getting stuck on anything. Any tips or can someone point me to where this has been covered?

Is there a weight attached to the back end of raptor

#3871 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

There is--looks like a coil.

#3872 4 years ago

FE17908B-DFFE-403A-874D-5C25A8647FBB (resized).jpegFE17908B-DFFE-403A-874D-5C25A8647FBB (resized).jpeg
#3873 4 years ago

Maybe the hip joint is tightened too much

#3874 4 years ago

Maybe the hip joint is tightened too much

Only other thing I can think of is the metal stand the raptor is mounted on could be loose or completely missing a screw.

#3875 4 years ago

Only other thing I can think of is the metal stand the raptor is mounted on could be loose or completely missing a screw.

Will check that out. Thanks!

#3876 4 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Will check that out. Thanks!

Hopefully it helps. You’re welcome

#3877 4 years ago

My tail was hitting the metal flange at the top right of your pic.

I used a small heat gun and curled the tail tighter and away from the metal.

#3879 4 years ago

Just unboxed my JP Premium and played 50+ games. No Playfield clear coat issues anywhere. Also T-Rex works perfect and is amazing, especially when you have an external subwoofer connected. Wow! That T-Rex is amazing. Shots are smooth and the combos are endless. This game truly has staying power!!! The code seems pretty deep too, which is great for the home environment. Last thing, the metal Handle on the playfield backboard is awesome for lifting and maneuvering the Playfield. I don’t think Stern has ever done that before?? Nice touch!

#3880 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

I don’t think Stern has ever done that before?

Iron Maiden. I think it’s just a Keith thing.

#3881 4 years ago

It’s not a handle, it’s a crash avoider for when you put the play field back in the game which is needed because there is a a lot mounted on the backboard. But it works great as a handle!

#3882 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

It’s not a handle, it’s a crash avoider for when you put the play field back in the game which is needed because there is a a lot mounted on the backboard. But it works great as a handle!

Thanks for clearing that up.

SW Prem/LE has one also

#3883 4 years ago

patiently sitting here waiting for my guy to show up with my premium. I have been pacing the house all day.

2.5 hours and I will have it

#3884 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

patiently sitting here waiting for my guy to show up with my premium. I have been pacing the house all day.
2.5 hours and I will have it

Worth the wait. Enjoy! Mine just came yesterday. Photo below from today's launch party.

JP Launch (resized).JPGJP Launch (resized).JPG
#3885 4 years ago

Has anyone had an issue with their T-Rex pushing against the left ramp return wire form and making a grinding noise after it catches the ball and starts shaking around? I've noticed the past few weeks that when the T-Rex does it's thing moving back and forth with the ball in its mouth it will occasionally be too low as it shakes its head toward the center of the playfield and it ends up stuck against the wire form for a few seconds. It will start out swinging its head above the wire form, then as part of its dance it will lower while it's shaking its head and hit it. It then backs itself off & lifts up higher and usually drops the ball back onto the wire form, but the past few days it has sometimes not found the adjustment to find where to drop the ball on the wire.

Overall everything else seems to be working normal with it. The center position and vertical position look normal. It doesn't hit the wire form when it doesn't have a ball in its mouth. A lot of the time with the ball it does clear the wire form, but it seems to be happening more frequently that it sometimes doesn't and that grinding noise on the motor when it happens doesn't seem good. It seems like it's just bad choreography and the programming needs to have it hold its head higher, but I thought I'd check to see if anyone else is having this happen. Any ideas?

#3886 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

it will occasionally be too low

Check the key posts and find how to adjust the vertical position of the Trex. Sounds like yours, like mine was, is adjusted too low. I had a few collisions with the ramp until I got the vertical raised just right.

#3887 4 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

As long as you've ruled out it getting caught on anything (i.e. the hand sticking under the top of the cage, the counterbalance sticking above the plastic guard), it's likely the mold of the body vs. legs or like was already said you need to loosen the legs a bit. Lastly you may have a little wiggle room to rotate the legs ever so slightly where they are screwed in at the feet. But I hope you don't have to do the latter. BEWARE it's very difficult to get those screws back in. See this post about the nightmare I had with that: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/33#post-5268057

#3888 4 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

As long as you've ruled out it getting caught on anything (i.e. the hand sticking under the top of the cage, the counterbalance sticking above the plastic guard), it's likely the mold of the body vs. legs or like was already said you need to loosen the legs a bit. Lastly you may have a little wiggle room to rotate the legs ever so slightly where they are screwed in at the feet. But I hope you don't have to do the latter. BEWARE it's very difficult to get those screws back in. See this post about the nightmare I had with that: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/33#post-5268057

Excellent. I will tinker more with this after reading your post. Thanks again so much!

#3889 4 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Worth the wait. Enjoy! Mine just came yesterday. Photo below from today's launch party.[quoted image]

where did you get that topper?

#3890 4 years ago

Hey guys for the raptor.. unscrew the hip screw and take out the washer ..not really sure why it's in there to begin with because it's got a plastic guide that the body travels within.. when you re tighten hip screw just tighten it enough but not too much or you'll bind the body and legs together...also slightly loosen up the screw holding the stack of weights if they are tight not only will the screw end touch the plastic and hang up but the rigidness of the stack of weights doesn't allow the raptor free fall back into position... if you've got them slightly loose the randomness of their weight brings the raptor right back to the starting position... Worked for me and the raptor moves like it should 100% of the time now

#3891 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Hey guys for the raptor.. unscrew the hip screw and take out the washer ..not really sure why it's in there to begin with because it's got a plastic guide that the body travels within.. when you re tighten hip screw just tighten it enough but not too much or you'll bind the body and legs together...also slightly loosen up the screw holding the stack of weights if they are tight not only will the screw end touch the plastic and hang up but the rigidness of the stack of weights doesn't allow the raptor free fall back into position... if you've got them slightly loose the randomness of their weight brings the raptor right back to the starting position... Worked for me and the raptor moves like it should 100% of the time now

I put the nut in backwards so that the nylock grabs sooner so you can get it right where you want it.

#3892 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

It's from Tilt Topper - but the one on his website is for the DE JP. He's got another version for Stern. Not sure if he's got any left.

#3893 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Great--thanks!

#3894 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Quoted from woody76:

It's from Tilt Topper - but the one on his website is for the DE JP. He's got another version for Stern. Not sure if he's got any left.

Yes, to everything cooked71 said. Tilt Topper does limited runs and will let you know if there are any more JP toppers for Sterns left. An awesome addition if you can get it. A slow, pulsing glow comes from behind the T-Rex and the torches flicker constantly. Tilt is great at communications. You can write to them to see if there are any more available.

https://tilttopper.com/

#3895 4 years ago

Finally got mine late last night. Having trex issues. At start of multiball he stops to far right and jaw tries to open on the edge of the ramp so he never eats the ball. Can someone point me in the right direction for adjustments or fix

#3896 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Finally got mine late last night. Having trex issues. At start of multiball he stops to far right and jaw tries to open on the edge of the ramp so he never eats the ball. Can someone point me in the right direction for adjustments or fix

Check the key posts on the first page of this thread. Several links to this as well as other good info you might need.

For the TRex specifically, this is the part that helped me must: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/71#post-5347963

#3897 4 years ago

Our OP EightBallTexas has been very quiet for awhile. Anyone know why the absence?

#3898 4 years ago

Our OP EightBallTexas has been very quiet for awhile. Anyone know why the absence?

He got sidetracked with BM66.

#3899 4 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

He got sidetracked with BM66.

Oh yeah! What’s the story with Bowel Movement 66 (For You sensitive ones, I’m just kidding)

#3900 4 years ago

Oh yeah! What’s the story with Bowel Movement 66 (just kidding, for You sensitive ones)

Mod City.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 14.95
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

8,599 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9,222 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 185.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/78?hl=evh347 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.