(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_030524583 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_031412806.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0996 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0997 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0382 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0381 (resized).jpeg
20231207_202319 (resized).jpg
IMG_0971 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,199 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 184.
#3801 4 years ago
Quoted from wheels:

I'm having the opto issues on the T-Rex ramp and want to do the shim fix (fast shots skipping over), but still don't have a picture in my mind of how it should look. Anyone have a photo or 2 of how it should look? Thank you.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/69#post-5337568

#3802 4 years ago

Thanks. I took it apart already like this, but didn't have washers that fit. Wanted to try the cardboard shim fix. Is it the same idea? Put the cardboard where the washers should go? I was under the impression that the cardboard shim fix could be done from the top side of the playfield.

#3803 4 years ago
Quoted from wheels:

Thanks. I took it apart already like this, but didn't have washers that fit. Wanted to try the cardboard shim fix. Is it the same idea? Put the cardboard where the washers should go? I was under the impression that the cardboard shim fix could be done from the top side of the playfield.

Don’t have any experience with that one.

#3804 4 years ago
Quoted from wheels:

I'm having the opto issues on the T-Rex ramp and want to do the shim fix (fast shots skipping over),

Shim fix won't work on the t-rex opto. It's mounted from above, so any shim would push it even further down. Remove the two black spacers on top of the posts guarding the ramp entrance. That will lower the clear plastic roof over the ramp entrance and force the ball down into the beam.

Someone else blocked the bottom half of the beam with black electrical tape, but removing the spacers worked for me. Breaks the beam 100% now.

I still can't believe games went out the door like that.

#3805 4 years ago

Here's the T-Rex fix (for the exit opto) that I did. I haven't had a missed shot since. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/68#post-5334805

Here's the image from that post for quick reference

e4740ba6a7a7ed136c34a6e5e394216ab0f9c0c7 (resized).jpge4740ba6a7a7ed136c34a6e5e394216ab0f9c0c7 (resized).jpg
#3806 4 years ago

Maybe we can get a better, more accurately machined bracket to replace the current ones.

#3807 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Shim fix won't work on the t-rex opto. It's mounted from above, so any shim would push it even further down. Remove the two black spacers on top of the posts guarding the ramp entrance. That will lower the clear plastic roof over the ramp entrance and force the ball down into the beam.
Someone else blocked the bottom half of the beam with black electrical tape, but removing the spacers worked for me. Breaks the beam 100% now.

I'm going to try this right now. I purchased the #4 washers to try as well. I'll try this next if your suggestion doesn't work.

I'm not sure where the exit opto is; I'm just trying to get the T-Rex to catch the hard shots.

Thank you to everyone for all your suggestions.

This game is awesome!

#3808 4 years ago
Quoted from wheels:

I'm going to try this right now. I purchased the #4 washers to try as well. I'll try this next if your suggestion doesn't work.
I'm not sure where the exit opto is; I'm just trying to get the T-Rex to catch the hard shots.
Thank you to everyone for all your suggestions.
This game is awesome!

The exit opto is mounted to the rear most part of the T-Rex ramp, (behind the backboard) it's mounted to the plastic so a machined mount isn't much of an option. You can see if it's parallel to the side of the ramp by pulling the pf to the end of the service rails and lifting on the rear handle. Mine wasn't as exaggerated as the diagram but it was obviously not parallel.

#3809 4 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

The exit opto is mounted to the rear most part of the T-Rex ramp, (behind the backboard) it's mounted to the plastic so a machined mount isn't much of an option. You can see if it's parallel to the side of the ramp by pulling the pf to the end of the service rails and lifting on the rear handle. Mine wasn't as exaggerated as the diagram but it was obviously not parallel.

Got it. Thanks. Going to try the removal of spacers for the T-Rex fix now.

#3810 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I don't believe mine has the spacers on top of the ramp entrance. I think I read the newer builds - which I have - don't have those? Anyway, it's not obvious to me as to how to raise the beam since it's top-mounted, so, for now anyway, I did the cheap NYE fix with tape on the right opto. I kept adjusting the tape using the diagnostic test until it seemed right. All shots now seem to be registering. Thanks, everyone.

0FE2A99E-1462-4F9D-81FE-0CF546B1D6E8 (resized).jpeg0FE2A99E-1462-4F9D-81FE-0CF546B1D6E8 (resized).jpeg
#3811 4 years ago

Yesterday, my left ramp/trex opto suddenly stopped working on my JP premium. On closer inspection I think found the problem. Part of the post on the right side of the entrance to the ramp is missing leaving the opto vulnerable to bashing. I don’t think it was ever there since there are no “spare parts’ floating around the playfield or cabinet. I have contacted Stern and they are sending parts.

6644F4AE-EEBA-47F8-865F-E2AA2F15317C (resized).jpeg6644F4AE-EEBA-47F8-865F-E2AA2F15317C (resized).jpegC93669F1-1FAF-480E-A8A2-51DC01E0EC3B (resized).jpegC93669F1-1FAF-480E-A8A2-51DC01E0EC3B (resized).jpeg
#3812 4 years ago

I don’t see what you mean about the opto but what is that strange looking grease on your rail?

Quoted from Nameim:

Yesterday, my left ramp/trex opto suddenly stopped working on my JP premium. On closer inspection I think found the problem. Part of the post on the right side of the entrance to the ramp is missing leaving the opto vulnerable to bashing. I don’t think it was ever there since there are no “spare parts’ floating around the playfield or cabinet. I have contacted Stern and they are sending parts.

#3813 4 years ago
Quoted from Nameim:

Yesterday, my left ramp/trex opto suddenly stopped working on my JP premium. On closer inspection I think found the problem. Part of the post on the right side of the entrance to the ramp is missing leaving the opto vulnerable to bashing.

You're half right. The missing screw on top of that post allowed the clear plastic roof to rise, and the ball is catching just enough air going up the ramp to jump the bottom of the opto beam. Same screw came loose on mine, with the same result. Tightened it down and it's back to 100% registering.

While you're in there, I'd remove the black plastic spacers on top of those posts. One on the right already fell off and is either hiding on the playfield or slid down into the trough and fell into the cabinet. Missing screw is somewhere in the game too.

#3814 4 years ago
Quoted from wheels:

I don't believe mine has the spacers on top of the ramp entrance. I think I read the newer builds - which I have - don't have those? Anyway, it's not obvious to me as to how to raise the beam since it's top-mounted, so, for now anyway, I did the cheap NYE fix with tape on the right opto. I kept adjusting the tape using the diagnostic test until it seemed right. All shots now seem to be registering. Thanks, everyone.[quoted image]

Mine didn’t have the spacers either. Used the tape fix as well. I’ll plan a day to dig into all the optos when I get the time and fix it permanently.

#3815 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

You're half right. The missing screw on top of that post allowed the clear plastic roof to rise, and the ball is catching just enough air going up the ramp to jump the bottom of the opto beam. Same screw came loose on mine, with the same result. Tightened it down and it's back to 100% registering.
While you're in there, I'd remove the black plastic spacers on top of those posts. One on the right already fell off and is either hiding on the playfield or slid down into the trough and fell into the cabinet. Missing screw is somewhere in the game too.

Thanks. I don’t think that’s quite what’s happened here. The opto is definitely dead. There is no response using the coil test diagnostic. I tested the other optos and they are all working. There is about a half inch of air between the missing part of the post and the clear plastic roof.

#3816 4 years ago

That same screw and spacer came out on mine as well. Tightened it down and all is good on my end.

#3817 4 years ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

That same screw and spacer came out on mine as well. Tightened it down and all is good on my end.

Thanks! I found the spacer but so far no screw. I'm still looking.

#3818 4 years ago
Quoted from Nameim:

Yesterday, my left ramp/trex opto suddenly stopped working on my JP premium. On closer inspection I think found the problem. Part of the post on the right side of the entrance to the ramp is missing leaving the opto vulnerable to bashing. I don’t think it was ever there since there are no “spare parts’ floating around the playfield or cabinet. I have contacted Stern and they are sending parts.[quoted image][quoted image]

GET RID OF THE STOCK BLACK STERN RUBBERS AND POST SLEEVES. See that black crud on your guide? That's from the rubbers and post sleeves. It's all over your balls and playfield most likely. Swap them out and clean everything. The stock black rubbers/post sleeves are crap

#3819 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

GET RID OF THE STOCK BLACK STERN RUBBERS AND POST SLEEVES. See that black crud on your guide? That's from the rubbers and post sleeves. It's all over your balls and playfield most likely. Swap them out and clean everything. The stock black rubbers/post sleeves are crap

What do you recommend? Titans?

#3820 4 years ago
Quoted from Nameim:

What do you recommend? Titans?

All day every day....first thing I do to ANY pin that enters my house is put on Titan rings

#3821 4 years ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

The same screw and spacer came out of mine also. One day the screw and spacer were on my play field. Glad I noticed them and put them back.

#3822 4 years ago

I wiped my Stern Black rubbers when I received my game.
Figured Id get a bunch of games in, before I tore into the playfield.

Well, plenty of black on the cloth after the first wipe on a brand new game, but when I swapped out to Titan Clear this week, I was amazed how several rubbers were powdery with black.

The new flipper rubbers after 20 games looked like 200,
with black tips.

Glad I caught this early.

#3823 4 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

All day every day....first thing I do to ANY pin that enters my house is put on Titan rings

Titan rings are fine but I really hate the way Titan flipper rubbers shoot - I keep those standard.

#3824 4 years ago

Does anyone know the LE part number for the bracket that the 5 1/4" speaker bolts to is, I want to install the 5 1/4" speakers to a few of my other machines.
The photo below is the bracket/plate I am referring to.

BAB878B1-EE80-48A0-B84B-64DFA750BD36 (resized).jpegBAB878B1-EE80-48A0-B84B-64DFA750BD36 (resized).jpeg
#3825 4 years ago

Hate to bring up an old & aggravating topic, but has anyone heard anything about when Stern Jurassic Park shooter rods might be available again?

#3826 4 years ago

I just ordered a Modfather amber shooter instead and I am very happy with it.

#3827 4 years ago

I noticed my right orbit ball guide was slightly out of alignment with the top right flipper (which caused the ball to "hop"). This definitely made the right flipper shots more challenging Moving the guide out to align with the flipper was easy and already feels much better...hopefully the shots will be less frustrating now!

#3828 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I noticed my right orbit ball guide was slightly out of alignment with the top right flipper (which caused the ball to "hop"). This definitely made the right flipper shots more challenging Moving the guide out to align with the flipper was easy and already feels much better...hopefully the shots will be less frustrating now!

Mine comes off the wire form and bounces from side to side and way out of reach of the upper flipper. Impossible to hit. Is this not the norm for others?

#3829 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Mine comes off the wire form and bounces from side to side and way out of reach of the upper flipper. Impossible to hit. Is this not the norm for others?

You mean when it’s coming off the pteranodon ramp? It should come off that wire form and immediately hug the ball guide and then transition smoothly onto the flipper.

#3830 4 years ago

Loosen the metal post screw that holds the helix ramp (located to the left of the right metal ramp). Experiment with different positions for the helix bracket until you get a smooth transition off the wire form...you should be getting a smooth roll off from the ramp to the playfield the majority of the time.

#3831 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

You mean when it’s coming off the pteranodon ramp? It should come off that wire form and immediately hug the ball guide and then transition smoothly onto the flipper.

Yes the pteranodon ramp.

Quoted from fooflighter:

Loosen the metal post screw that holds the helix ramp (located to the left of the right metal ramp). Experiment with different positions for the helix bracket until you get a smooth transition off the wire form...you should be getting a smooth roll off from the ramp to the playfield the majority of the time.

I’ll try that! The balls come off crazy 90%

#3832 4 years ago

I’ll try a slo-mo video tonight. Maybe then I can see exactly how it’s coming off the wire form. Thanks guys! I was curious but not sure if that kind of reaction was normal

#3833 4 years ago

I’ll try a slo-mo video tonight. Maybe then I can see exactly how it’s coming off the wire form. Thanks guys! I was curious but not sure if that kind of reaction was normal

Something else I forgot to mention..Another thing to consider: is the table 7.0 deg front to back and also level left to right both at the top and bottom of the playfield (measured on the playfield and not the glass)...JP is extremely sensitive to shot geometry I've found and I would start there and then move to the wireform adjustment

Mine was doing that initially, bouncing back and forth between the wire guide and ball guide...for me just loosening the screw and pressing down lightly on the wireform exit then retightening was all the adjustment i needed...your mileage may vary

The slow motion vid is a good idea

#3834 4 years ago

Thanks. Yes I am at 7.0° and I am also level from side to side.

#3835 4 years ago

Today is Rate your Stern Jurassic Park pinball Day!

#3836 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Titan rings are fine but I really hate the way Titan flipper rubbers shoot - I keep those standard.

If you do not clean the Titan flipper rubbers they will play like rubber. The thin ones (Titan Flipper bands) are like black rubber and the thick ones (Titan Flipper bands) are like red bouncy rubber.

#3837 4 years ago

My JJP POTC has zero black rubber (comes that way from the factory) and there is still plenty of black on the flippers. Either way I think you're going to need regular cleaning.

#3838 4 years ago

GET RID OF THE STOCK BLACK STERN RUBBERS AND POST SLEEVES.

For those of you that replaced the rubbers, what color(s) did you go with?

#3839 4 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

For those of you that replaced the rubbers, what color(s) did you go with?

I went with the green post sleeves and orange bands.
If you click the gallery link on this thread and the regular JP one, you can see a bunch pictures of what people have done.

#3840 4 years ago

Super easy mod. Someone else posted something like this earlier and i wanted to try it. Got a pterodactyl off amazon, drilled a hole in the chest, krazy glue a short strip of wire and boom.

20200102_190042 (resized).jpg20200102_190042 (resized).jpg20200102_190045 (resized).jpg20200102_190045 (resized).jpg20200102_190049 (resized).jpg20200102_190049 (resized).jpg20200102_192107 (resized).jpg20200102_192107 (resized).jpg20200102_192110 (resized).jpg20200102_192110 (resized).jpg20200102_192116 (resized).jpg20200102_192116 (resized).jpg
#3841 4 years ago
Quoted from bbulkley:

My JJP POTC has zero black rubber (comes that way from the factory) and there is still plenty of black on the flippers. Either way I think you're going to need regular cleaning.

No disagreement there. However, the black rubbers Stern uses leaves this almost greasy, black, smudgy crap everywhere. On the balls, on the guides, on the rails, etc. Not the regular dust buildup.

#3842 4 years ago

Can someone please tell me if there is a backing nut for this screw? I can't tighten it and also can't find a missing nut.

20200103_231901 (resized).jpg20200103_231901 (resized).jpg
#3843 4 years ago

Someone have a idea to change the helicopter rotor blades ?
maybe a cover or a total exchange ?

They are so ugly..

#3844 4 years ago
Quoted from hornisse69:

Someone have a idea to change the helicopter rotor blades ?
maybe a cover or a total exchange ?
They are so ugly..

Die cast metal realistic helicopter from Amazon. Custom bracket by me. No, the blades do not spin, but who cares. I hated the stock helicopter. My machine is a pro btw.

20191026_224357 (resized).jpg20191026_224357 (resized).jpg
#3845 4 years ago

You need the blades to spin on the Prem/LE. The blades are an optical switch that has game play implications.

No, the blades do not spin, but who cares. I hated the stock helicopter. My machine is a pro btw.

#3846 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

You need the blades to spin on the Prem/LE. The blades are an optical switch that has game play implications.

The switch is still there and still functional. It's a pressure switch on the pro, not optical, but as long as the switch is functioning who needs the blades to spin? Unless of course the spinning blades are what is interrupting the optic beam.

#3847 4 years ago

The switch is still there and still functional. It's a pressure switch on the pro, not optical, but as long as the switch is functioning who needs the blades to spin? Unless of course the spinning blades are what is interrupting the optic beam.

Since the blades act like a full fledged spinner on the Premium/LE maybe Keith put some code in there to take advantage of how many spins it has?? With some of the rules innovations he's done on IMDN and now on JP it wouldn't surprise me one bit.....

#3848 4 years ago
Quoted from Had:

Can someone please tell me if there is a backing nut for this screw? I can't tighten it and also can't find a missing nut.

No backing nut, threads just bite into the black opto housing. Sounds like yours might be stripped, which is not surprising since it's plastic.

#3849 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

No backing nut, threads just bite into the black opto housing. Sounds like yours might be stripped, which is not surprising since it's plastic.

Mine isn't stripped, but I've had it come out. Elvira has the same kind of thing on the right ramp too...I'm annoyed that they didn't put a backing nut on there. I'll probably do it at some point if they keep coming loose.

#3850 4 years ago

How does the raptor pen work in multiplayer games? It doesn't seem like you can steal a locked ball, but I'm also not clear in how you'd lock a ball if another player has already done so.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz
Other
There are 9,199 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 184.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/77?hl=wfumed2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.