(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_030524583 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_031412806.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0996 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0997 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0382 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0381 (resized).jpeg
20231207_202319 (resized).jpg
IMG_0971 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,199 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 184.
#3701 4 years ago
Quoted from Rydhia:

For people messing with the trees, I cut some acrylic in two ways. One with 3M and one that can be screwed into a post. Just super glue the base into the pre cut holes, trim the excess base and add 3M.
I have a bunch of extras I made so if anyone needs a few, let me know. Just pay shipping.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Well done as the little metal strips are not great. I am in.

Thanks for making these.

#3702 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Anyone aware of a fix from Stern for this obvious ball trap?
[quoted image]
Edit: going to try a bigger rubber on the post to the left.

Never had a ball hang there in 1900 games but you could put down a 3M button on the plastic, might have to experiement on size

https://www.amazon.com/Scotch-Bumpers-Pack-Clear-SP950-NA/dp/B01N922DLO/ref=asc_df_B01N922DLO/

#3703 4 years ago

Any suggestions for side blades? Would like to see some installed on machines before i decide which ones to go with. Have a premium

#3704 4 years ago
Quoted from Digduglus:

Any suggestions for side blades? Would like to see some installed on machines before i decide which ones to go with. Have a premium

Purchased these from retrorefurbs.com
Not sure if they are your speed but I really like them

35515E17-F8E4-40CC-B394-70C6B1144CE3 (resized).jpeg35515E17-F8E4-40CC-B394-70C6B1144CE3 (resized).jpeg111C73EE-B0AF-482C-8ADD-C077D1435B00 (resized).jpeg111C73EE-B0AF-482C-8ADD-C077D1435B00 (resized).jpeg
#3705 4 years ago

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg

#3706 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Never had a ball hang there in 1900 games but you could put down a 3M button on the plastic, might have to experiement on size
amazon.com link »

Literally first game. But may be because it’s so fast at the moment being brand new. Jumped off the Trex ramp. Can’t remember but maybe his jaw was down which made it go over the edge.

#3707 4 years ago

Went with the tilt graphics on my premium...

1EDC2A33-9F1F-4F5A-951E-8AFD7AE781E0 (resized).jpeg1EDC2A33-9F1F-4F5A-951E-8AFD7AE781E0 (resized).jpeg388985F3-1534-44E8-B094-9BC2D16A13A9 (resized).jpeg388985F3-1534-44E8-B094-9BC2D16A13A9 (resized).jpeg
#3708 4 years ago

I went with the Tilt graphics side blades also. Haven't been delivered yet but I saw a few pics on this thread and the other JP owners club thread with them. They just seem to be perfectly fit with the colors and the fencing.

Been holding off on installing the Pinstadiums because I knew these blades were coming

#3709 4 years ago

I went with the ones from pingraffix, they fit the art perfectly and match the back panel.

https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/stern-jurassic-park-pinblades

#3710 4 years ago

I’ve had balls hang there, just not that often.

You can adjust the position of the one way gate. Adjusted correctly it should prevent hangups but it can reduce the effectiveness of the shot.

Quoted from fooflighter:

Never had a ball hang there in 1900 games

#3711 4 years ago

Holy cr*p this game is good!

Every so often a game comes along that makes you question why you need any other games. Can’t remember the last time that happened.

I know it’s still honeymoon but this game is so solid.

Elwin somehow manages to achieve so much more with his BOM than other designers. If generic licensing means a game this good I’ll take it all day.

#3712 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I’ve had balls hang there, just not that often.
You can adjust the position of the one way gate. Adjusted correctly it should prevent hangups but it can reduce the effectiveness of the shot.

I think you have his ball position mixed up with the another post, his is sitting ON the plastic near the spinner, not at the apex of the rail and one way gate

#3713 4 years ago

Just received my JP2 and wow, this game sets a new bar for pinball. The rules are fantastic and have multiple layers to them. Trex is a phenomenal toy and the layout is just killer. Keith you are a pinball genius and I can’t wait to see how you plan on topping this. Great job!

#3714 4 years ago

I have had this game for a few weeks now and it is awesome. I was reading through a few posts and saw one that a guy noticed some clear pooling under some of the ball guides, I mistakenly looked at my game under bright light and noticed some minor pooling under the apron and the c and s ball guides. It is very minor and I am hoping it doesn’t crack I will probably not contact my distributor until it does I am just going to document it and monitor it. Has anyone else noticed this my build date is 11/11/2019.

#3715 4 years ago
Quoted from Yoderboy:

I have had this game for a few weeks now and it is awesome. I was reading through a few posts and saw one that a guy noticed some clear pooling under some of the ball guides, I mistakenly looked at my game under bright light and noticed some minor pooling under the apron and the c and s ball guides. It is very minor and I am hoping it doesn’t crack I will probably not contact my distributor until it does I am just going to document it and monitor it. Has anyone else noticed this my build date is 11/11/2019.

Could you please post some photos? We purposely did not get a game yet due to this pooling and chipping issue.

#3716 4 years ago

ALoha,

Is the newest audio file .96? I can't seem to download it. Any suggestions.

Thanks.

#3717 4 years ago

What playfield angle do you think is the best for the premium?

#3718 4 years ago

Tranlite has been moved and will be joining BM66 translite Saturday.

Also my Pterodactyl has taken flight in the PF.

green (resized).JPGgreen (resized).JPGred (resized).JPGred (resized).JPGtranslite (resized).JPGtranslite (resized).JPG
#3719 4 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

ALoha,
Is the newest audio file .96? I can't seem to download it. Any suggestions.
Thanks.

File will not open now.

#3720 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Could you please post some photos? We purposely did not get a game yet due to this pooling and chipping issue.

Like I said pretty minor just hoping it doesn’t crack I will just monitor for now

7159B70E-CB45-4637-B5F7-07F3C919FA0E (resized).jpeg7159B70E-CB45-4637-B5F7-07F3C919FA0E (resized).jpegE5AE7EAA-4E3B-4EA6-B90B-EE05E2ACCAFA (resized).jpegE5AE7EAA-4E3B-4EA6-B90B-EE05E2ACCAFA (resized).jpeg
#3721 4 years ago

I'm 53 and my eyesight isn't the greatest. But I thought I'd ask if anyone else has trouble reading the area I circled on the picture? It's pretty tough for me to read easily.

Rob

20191225_155012 (resized).jpg20191225_155012 (resized).jpg
#3722 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I'm 53 and my eyesight isn't the greatest. But I thought I'd ask if anyone else has trouble reading the area I circled on the picture? It's pretty tough for me to read easily.
Rob[quoted image]

Very Low aggression

Perks + 200k Streaks.

#3723 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I'm 53 and my eyesight isn't the greatest...Rob

we're almost 2... do we have to open a "club" !?

#3724 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

we're almost 2... do we have to open a "club" !?

I am in the club soon.. LOL

#3725 4 years ago
Quoted from Yoderboy:

Like I said pretty minor just hoping it doesn’t crack I will just monitor for now[quoted image][quoted image]

A little blast from a heat gun, a very (very) small drop of water thin superglue, and a fiber washer under the guide mount would fix that up in an instant. I did it with mine and it looks factory new....

you don't even need the glue really, just helps rebond the clear...just snip a small wedge out of the washer to get around the post and just hand tighten enough to compress the washer slightly...you'll now have proper clearance which won't rub the playfield in the future... just a couple 3 second passes of the gun is all that it takes on the raised clear

#3726 4 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Very Low aggression
Perks + 200k Streaks.

I know what it says, it's just not easy to read during gameplay because it is so small. And if I trap the ball to read it, instant info eventually obscures it.

Rob

#3727 4 years ago
Quoted from Aetos:

What playfield angle do you think is the best for the premium?

I’ve got mine on 7.0 and everything works perfectly.

#3728 4 years ago

I dialled down the power on the auto launch by about 20 and its made a huge difference to successful launches. Going to try a few less strong springs.

Neil.

#3729 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I dialled down the power on the auto launch by about 20 and its made a huge difference to successful launches. Going to try a few less strong springs.
Neil.

My manual launches fail at the same rate of auto launch (~10-20%). One of these days I’ll find the time to take a video and understand the underlying issues.

#3730 4 years ago

yeah I meant a weaker spring on the plunger - I think that will help also.

#3731 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

My manual launches fail at the same rate of auto launch (~10-20%). One of these days I’ll find the time to take a video and understand the underlying issues.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/28#post-5255575

#3732 4 years ago
Quoted from Yoderboy:

Like I said pretty minor just hoping it doesn’t crack I will just monitor for now[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks very much for posting. I hope it does not get any worse for you. I have seen some of the other guys are putting washers underneath the guide bolts. Dissapoints me very much to see this. We have 2 games like that so I know how you feel. Best of luck.

#3733 4 years ago

Does anyone else have an issue where the Trex barely catches holds onto the ball in the first Trex mode? I have adjusted the bias so my Trex is perfectly in the centre and the jaw touches the ramp nicely. All other Trex events have no issue grabbing the ball and holding onto it.

#3734 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Neil.

I was having some auto launch issues with my game but after I installed the shooter lane protector all of my auto launch issues were resolved. Also all of my manual plunges are successful as well.

#3735 4 years ago
Quoted from Wheel_Jack:

I was having some auto launch issues with my game but after I installed the shooter lane protector all of my auto launch issues were resolved. Also all of my manual plunges are successful as well.

Which shooter lane protector did you get?

#3736 4 years ago
Quoted from Had:

Does anyone else have an issue where the Trex barely catches holds onto the ball in the first Trex mode? I have adjusted the bias so my Trex is perfectly in the centre and the jaw touches the ramp nicely. All other Trex events have no issue grabbing the ball and holding onto it.

I recently notice this issue, myself. Trex fails to grab the ball in the first mode about half the time. I have no problems for the other Trex modes.

#3737 4 years ago
Quoted from Spectreman:

I recently notice this issue, myself. Trex fails to grab the ball in the first mode about half the time. I have no problems for the other Trex modes.

It's not necessarily failing to grab the ball..the first trex mode (multiball) is triggered by the optos and not from the Trex actually catching the ball...there are other times where during other trex events, the ball gets to the same spot past the optos as the first multiball event and it doesn't trigger the mode...I personally wish all the events were triggered only by the trex catching the ball

#3739 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

It's not necessarily failing to grab the ball..the first trex mode (multiball) is triggered by the optos and not from the Trex actually catching the ball...there are other times where during other trex events, the ball gets to the same spot past the optos as the first multiball event and it doesn't trigger the mode...I personally wish all the events were triggered only by the trex catching the ball

I agree, but the behavior is consistent with other Stern games. For example, Metallica "Sparky MB" kicks in even when the ball isn't caught by the magnet.

#3740 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Ah, thanks for the information. Now the behavior I'm seeing makes sense. I wonder about the reasoning for this difference in triggering criteria. Perhaps they wanted the first Trex event to be easier to trigger?

#3741 4 years ago

Hello, joining the Premium club very soon. Just awaiting shipment delivery. I’ve read some of the recent posts, but not all of them. Anything out of the box I should be aware of that needs adjustment? Thank you!

#3742 4 years ago

Anyone one live in or near The Woodlands? I have a 12 day gig and need to have some type of fun after a 10 hour day.

I heard about Game reserve, be nice to meetup and some homes. I will bring the Booze.

Red_Devils , Dallas_Pin , Spidey171 can vouch for me. LOL.

Thanks.

#3743 4 years ago

So I had the whole family over for a Christmas party today. They were loving my game room. JP was the top favorite of the day. My cousin’s best friend couldn’t stop playing Munsters. Everyone also loved Elvira. My Uncle looks like he’s straight out of The Sopranos but he’s actually a teddy bear. True fun.
1C95C8CE-3520-4906-A064-18CAE799B658 (resized).jpeg1C95C8CE-3520-4906-A064-18CAE799B658 (resized).jpegA270C983-2E09-450F-8EEA-FAC28981DF8E (resized).jpegA270C983-2E09-450F-8EEA-FAC28981DF8E (resized).jpeg

#3744 4 years ago

Thanks for the sideblades pics folks. Im leaning towards the tilt graffix blades although i might just get mirrored ones

#3745 4 years ago

I wanted to share a Topper I started coordinated work on.
Its 7 or 8 layers deep of thick plastic, laser cut.
The Base you see, is one I put together, and the production would likely be a flatter piece,
with the supports not showing above the sign lettering. Secures with Nano Tape.

What do you think? Any customers as I shoot this to be a $99 Price?

(the Lighting is a Comet Matrix bulb with splitter, in Corner GI, Wire, and a 6 SMD Pad.
Pne could also plug in a remote RGB in the Backbox) I dont believe I can or wish to supply, but Id share info)

I also have left over from messing with Mods, 5 Licence JP Miniature Dinos.
They have a Base that glows green, and I put 1 above control room flasher, and another on the upper right.

There is also 2-5 Resin Amber Pieces. 2 Tear Drop, they can go on Control room, but I found them a bit too big, or as they are drilled at the top, you could enlarge and make a keychain! These are $15 shipped.
There are 3 Flat Resin Amber. 1 Is very thick....Call that a Paperweight, and 2 thinner.
1 I tapped and drilled in an effort to place at the entrance to the spiral ramp.That one is off a little, but with 2 l brackets, it should mount.the other is undrilled. Each are $20 shipped.
JP sign (resized).jpgJP sign (resized).jpgJP sign2 (resized).jpgJP sign2 (resized).jpgdinossss (resized).jpgdinossss (resized).jpgdino2 (resized).jpgdino2 (resized).jpgdino1 (resized).jpgdino1 (resized).jpgamber22 (resized).jpgamber22 (resized).jpgamber2 (resized).jpgamber2 (resized).jpgamber (1) (resized).jpgamber (1) (resized).jpg

#3746 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

So I had the whole family over for a Christmas party today. They were loving my game room. JP was the top favorite of the day. My cousin’s best friend couldn’t stop playing Munsters. Everyone also loved Elvira. My Uncle looks like he’s straight out of The Sopranos but he’s actually a teddy bear. True fun.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome Fun!!! On day that AFM LE will be mine. It will fit nice between batman and JP.

#3747 4 years ago
Quoted from Spectreman:

Ah, thanks for the information. Now the behavior I'm seeing makes sense. I wonder about the reasoning for this difference in triggering criteria. Perhaps they wanted the first Trex event to be easier to trigger?

I think that's it, just like they spot you the letters m and a for map right at the beginning...

#3748 4 years ago

Anyone know what I can do to fix the vertical alignment here:

The T-Rex is slamming down on the ramp so much that it's shaking screws loose!

#3749 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Anyone know what I can do to fix the vertical alignment here:

The T-Rex is slamming down on the ramp so much that it's shaking screws loose!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/71#post-5347963

#3750 4 years ago

So you can't change the vertical alignment in settings like you can change the horizontal bias?

Also, the instructions at the end for the vertical adjustment aren't very clear. It tells you to go into the vertical motor test, press start to open the jaw, then it jumps right into physically moving the mech and tightening nuts.

The diagram says not to remove nuts, so I'm guessing you loosen the 4 nuts, and after you get the jaw open, you are just adjusting the height of it by hand and then tightening it back up?

Is this done behind the backboard, and can I be done by just pulling the pf out onto the service rails?

Thanks.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz
Other
There are 9,199 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 184.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.