(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,218 posts
  • 803 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by scootss
  • Topic is favorited by 439 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1098 (resized).png
B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_030524583 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,218 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 185.
#3501 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Yeah just in a joking mood. I see I’m out of place here on pinside!

I thought it was funny. While I understand the angst of the OP, it's a bit like asking a mechanic "my car makes this squeak squeak noise, what's wrong with it?"...

I found screws and washers in my LE and I don't sweat it. If I can't find where it fell from and the game is working, I keep them in the coin box until something stops working. Then I have the parts to fix it!

Cheers,

#3502 4 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I thought it was funny. While I understand the angst of the OP, it's a bit like asking a mechanic "my car makes this squeak squeak noise, what's wrong with it?"...
I found screws and washers in my LE and I don't sweat it. If I can't find where it fell from and the game is working, I keep them in the coin box until something stops working. Then I have the parts to fix it!
Cheers,

I’m the kind of guy that would come Over and help you solve the mystery. Unfortunately you’re a bit too far away. I will say I’ve had to look for mysterious happenings on pins before and it can take another set of eyes to notice something missing or even revising it multiple times. Hope this comes to fruition for you

#3503 4 years ago

I’ll win you over some day! dingleberry
Hugs and kisses

#3504 4 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

I just took a closer look at mine and it is definitely the same - ball clearly makes contact with the screw head. Rather annoyed they didn’t use flat head screws. I’ll definitely be replacing mine as that shot is hard enough to make without anything slowing the ball down.
I need to double check, but the helicopter ramp may have the same screws that need replacing.

It's bizarre that something this simple get's overlooked. I realize it's not a major issue, but anything getting in the way of ball path sucks. Flat head screws should help, but I think the screw location is the problem. Keep us posted.

#3505 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

It's bizarre that something this simple get's overlooked. I realize it's not a major issue, but anything getting in the way of ball path sucks. Flat head screws should help, but I think the screw location is the problem. Keep us posted.

Helicopter is the same. Lmk if replacing helps might do the same if so. Really hasn't been a big deal though but I feel see how that could happen

#3506 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Helicopter is the same. Lmk if replacing helps might do the same if so. Really hasn't been a big deal though but I feel see how that could happen

Any change will likely be psychological - I know that going in. After watching Bowen nail both half-loops with ease last night, I know I just need to play better.

Won't stop me from swapping out the screws though...

#3507 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Understood, but only one of the 4 screws really concerns me. The left raptor tower screw (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/68#post-5335068) is unfortunately drilled pretty far off the guide and most likely to impact a shot from the upper right flipper.

fwiw, I just tried a flat head screw and it didn't work (caused the metal flap to bend). There may be a screw that works better, but I don't have one (and I have quite a few to fiddle with). It's possible that the right screw is enough to hold it in place (with some mylar on the left side?).

There is no doubt this is largely psychological...that's why it isn't a big deal. Nevertheless, 97% of the stuff we "shoot the shit" about on Pinside is psychological...like shooter lane beauty and PF dimples

#3508 4 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Any change will likely be psychological - I know that going in. After watching Bowen nail both half-loops with ease last night, I know I just need to play better.
Won't stop me from swapping out the screws though...

I was watching Buffalo play before DeadFlip and was just about to complain that I just can't get JP to flow as well, then I switched over and saw Bowen just destroy it. Yeah, need more practice on this one.

#3509 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Understood, but only one of the 4 screws really concerns me. The left raptor tower screw (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/68#post-5335068) is unfortunately drilled pretty far off the guide and most likely to impact a shot from the upper right flipper.
fwiw, I just tried a flat head screw and it didn't work (caused the metal flap to bend). There may be a screw that works better, but I don't have one (and I have quite a few to fiddle with). It's possible that the right screw is enough to hold it in place (with some mylar on the left side?).
There is no doubt this is largely psychological...that's why it isn't a big deal. Nevertheless, 97% of the stuff we "shoot the shit" about on Pinside is psychological...like shooter lane beauty and PF dimples

5F491DA6-EA14-4EF1-8DE7-762CCB3FDFEC (resized).jpeg5F491DA6-EA14-4EF1-8DE7-762CCB3FDFEC (resized).jpeg
#3510 4 years ago

I just received Mezel Mod's raptor tower mod but cannot seem to find an installation guide. Does one exist, or is it pretty self explanatory?

#3511 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

I just received Mezel Mod's raptor tower mod but cannot seem to find an installation guide. Does one exist, or is it pretty self explanatory?

It’s online on their website. You should have a piece of paper with the address in the package. Or just go to mezelmods.com. You should be able to find the installation guides.

#3512 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Super easy,if you need help reach out. Top 5 mods for JP.

#3513 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Okay you got me thinking..I haven't pulled these screws out, I'm guessing they are short wood screws and don't go all the way through the playfield.

These or something similar may fit...don't have the countersunk v wedge of a flathead and don't require modifying the metal but may have just enough clearance height https://www.amazon.com/Stainless-Phillips-Screw-Bolt-Dropper/dp/B079YBNQ7Q/ref=pd_cp_60_1/142-1064389-7634404

#3514 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Okay you got me thinking..I haven't pulled these screws out, I'm guessing they are short wood screws and don't go all the way through the playfield.
These or something similar may fit...don't have the countersunk v wedge of a flathead and don't require modifying the metal but may have just enough clearance height amazon.com link »

Maybe a low profile screw head. It doesn’t require a countersink

3954BC70-48BA-4992-9EFD-C36AD78AB44C (resized).png3954BC70-48BA-4992-9EFD-C36AD78AB44C (resized).png
#3515 4 years ago

Maybe a low profile screw head. It doesn’t require a countersink[quoted image]

That's exactly what I was looking for.. Wonder about size comparison

Looks like the keyword to search for would-be pancake head screw

#3516 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

That's exactly what I was looking for.. Wonder about size comparison
Looks like the keyword to search for would-be pancake head screw

Yes. Pancake head. A local hardware store might have them too. If you can pull the existing screw out of pf and get dimensions maybe online

#3517 4 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Cheers,

Yeah I get that. However knowing something fell out where it is needed somewhere is not a good feeling right? So what harm does it do in asking if anyone has ideas where a part came from? Even if odds are no one will know. They just might, that’s what Pinside is for right? People do that all the time. I didn’t expect a miracle but worth a shot.

#3518 4 years ago

Yeah just in a joking mood. I see I’m out of place here on pinside!

Joking is fine and needed in fact. Joking about someone’s angst for a missing part though is a little like pouring salt on a wound.

#3519 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Joking is fine and needed in fact. Joking about someone’s angst for a missing part though is a little like pouring salt on a wound.

You’re bringing this back up! I wasn’t making fun of anything or any person or the fact that someone lost a washer.
What a soap opera on here!

#3520 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Joking about a missing standard size washer (that could come from practically any part of the PF) is like "pouring salt on a wound"? Now that's funny

#3521 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Joking about a missing standard size washer (that could come from practically any part of the PF) is like "pouring salt on a wound"? Now that's funny

Some serious first world problems here

#3522 4 years ago

so I've had many people request videos of my custom audio so I decided to take these two. They show off many, not all of the lines and should give a good idea of what's included. I didn't want to replace everything as some of the lines aren't bad and blend well with gameplay but I needed the classics and they're in there.

Shoot her, They must all be destroyed, Freeze!, Hold on to your butts, welcome to JP, and many others (including more nerdy ones) are in. btw - life finds a way is in too (extra ball) but not on video. Both videos show off the different audio for some of the same shots (raptor cage, ball save, etc). 4K!!

Code link

https://mega.nz/#!wocEzSBZ!mcNwd_1yhYCFbV9pYgAul8akKQgqs0ZUcpqJvkrtk

#3523 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Whatever dude. Missing parts suck. I don’t really care what either of you think just trying to fix it. Amuse yourselves as you wish. I’ve seen people figure out missing parts quite a few times. If you don’t want to help then don’t but just being a wiseass is generally not appreciated. This is a club thread it was just a fucking question.

#3524 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

so I've had many people request videos of my custom audio so I decided to take these two. They show off many, not all of the lines and should give a good idea of what's included. I didn't want to replace everything as some of the lines aren't bad and blend well with gameplay but I needed the classics and they're in there.
Shoot her, They must all be destroyed, Freeze!, Hold on to your butts, welcome to JP, and many others (including more nerdy ones) are in. btw - life finds a way is in too (extra ball) but not on video. Both videos show off the different audio for some of the same shots (raptor cage, ball save, etc). 4K!!

Code link

Very cool! Do you just download and install the same way you do the Stern code?

#3525 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Code link

Thank you for your efforts!

#3526 4 years ago

I'm not sure where everyone is reporting bugs, but I think there's one where you get that Pet... Attack mode going on the right ramp and then lock a Control Room ball, and the timer on the Attack mode continues to run. It timed me out of the mode while in the Control Room's

This game keeps getting better and better! I've also learned that I'm not as good at pinball as I thought I was. You really have to earn it with the tight shots.

I've still yet to see a wizard mode and I'm on 5 ball! My best yet was just now (in terms of progress, but not score). I was one away from the Visitor Center, which I believe is a wizard mode?

I can't stop pressing start!

#3527 4 years ago
Quoted from wheels:

Very cool! Do you just download and install the same way you do the Stern code?

Yes. You're welcome!

#3528 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Code link

Great Job! Well integrated, seems like it belongs. Thanks for doing it.

#3529 4 years ago

An update and a question for all the Stern experts here... (and sorry for the longish post):

I am the owner of LE 313, which upon delivery had a malfunctioning TRex (sat high off the ramp, and didn't eat any balls), had a small piece of green paint chipped off the top of the frame and a random selection of nuts and bolts in the bottom of the case.

I immediately let my distributor know that day.... finally yesterday heard that "Stern will replace both parts".... they wanted to ship them to me, and expected me to install them!!!(WTF)

Now, I'm just a home user, this is my 2nd LE Stern purchase in less than 6 months - I am just wondering, out loud - is this what I should be expecting for spending this kind of money on a game? If so, it pretty much means that these machines should NEVER be bought new, as the risk/reward is 100% on the end buyer.... if I bought a new small car and on day 1, it's systems didn't work... would Ford send me a new muffler or brake kit and expect me to install it myself?

I understand many of the buyers here are using these for business reasons, and so any downtime is missing profits, so, those owners will take the parts and fix things... but, this approach to a "home user" seems completely a$$ backwards and basically tilts my future decisions to no longer consider NIB, as I cannot be sure that I could actually have a working game on Day 1.

Is there someone beside my distributor and the Stern service department I should be contacting, to perhaps better impress upon them, the lunacy of this approach and from a business standpoint - that this completely anti-consumer approach to shipping defective products on day 1, with 100% of the risk on the consumer, is opening Stern up to some bad press?

I don't want to be "that guy" -- I just want, what I think anyone deserves, a working game from the factory, and then I am happy to fix it, when is in a working state, while inevitable things come up... I shouldn't be the onsite warranty/service department on day 1....

PS the "tape trick" on the opto has improved this LE a bit, so, perhaps the issue is the opto alignment... but again.... where is the quality control and testing before shipping out a $10k "game" ? thanks for reading - scott

#3530 4 years ago
Quoted from scooterd:

An update and a question for all the Stern experts here... (and sorry for the longish post):
I am the owner of LE 313, which upon delivery had a malfunctioning TRex (sat high off the ramp, and didn't eat any balls), had a small piece of green paint chipped off the top of the frame and a random selection of nuts and bolts in the bottom of the case.
I immediately let my distributor know that day.... finally yesterday heard that "Stern will replace both parts".... they wanted to ship them to me, and expected me to install them!!!(WTF)
Now, I'm just a home user, this is my 2nd LE Stern purchase in less than 6 months - I am just wondering, out loud - is this what I should be expecting for spending this kind of money on a game? If so, it pretty much means that these machines should NEVER be bought new, as the risk/reward is 100% on the end buyer.... if I bought a new small car and on day 1, it's systems didn't work... would Ford send me a new muffler or brake kit and expect me to install it myself?
I understand many of the buyers here are using these for business reasons, and so any downtime is missing profits, so, those owners will take the parts and fix things... but, this approach to a "home user" seems completely a$$ backwards and basically tilts my future decisions to no longer consider NIB, as I cannot be sure that I could actually have a working game on Day 1.
Is there someone beside my distributor and the Stern service department I should be contacting, to perhaps better impress upon them, the lunacy of this approach and from a business standpoint - that this completely anti-consumer approach to shipping defective products on day 1, with 100% of the risk on the consumer, is opening Stern up to some bad press?
I don't want to be "that guy" -- I just want, what I think anyone deserves, a working game from the factory, and then I am happy to fix it, when is in a working state, while inevitable things come up... I shouldn't be the onsite warranty/service department on day 1....
PS the "tape trick" on the opto has improved this LE a bit, so, perhaps the issue is the opto alignment... but again.... where is the quality control and testing before shipping out a $10k "game" ? thanks for reading - scott

You've had some bad luck I guess. However, to keep your analogy to the car purchase, when you buy a car the manufacturer doesn't send it directly to you. They send it to the dealership who will then inspect and prepare it, then you get it. Your distributor should have offered the same service. Take it out of the box to inspect and prepare, then sell it to you. If however you chose to have the unboxing experience well then that's the risk you take. Things do happen in shipping. My distributor(from Montreal) offered to check it all out for me but I declined, knowing full well what I could be getting myself into. Even though this was my first NIB, I've owned many pins and feel comfortable fixing issues. I also had nuts and bolts in the box and in the cab, but the game functioned pretty much as it should have. I still get the odd nut or washer sliding down the playfield but it's getting less frequent.

#3531 4 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

You've had some bad luck I guess. However, to keep your analogy to the car purchase, when you buy a car the manufacturer doesn't send it directly to you. They send it to the dealership who will then inspect and prepare it, then you get it. Your distributor should have offered the same service. Take it out of the box to inspect and prepare, then sell it to you. If however you chose to have the unboxing experience well then that's the risk you take. Things do happen in shipping. My distributor(from Montreal) offered to check it all out for me but I declined, knowing full well what I could be getting myself into. Even though this was my first NIB, I've owned many pins and feel comfortable fixing issues. I also had nuts and bolts in the box and in the cab, but the game functioned pretty much as it should have. I still get the odd nut or washer sliding down the playfield but it's getting less frequent.

Agreed, bad luck... I feel like the distributor is the one in the "wrong" here... but, wondering how to get a more fair solution... the distributor was paid to deliver and setup... and that is when the discovery happened... so, I feel like I did everything I could to ensure the risk was on the distributor to deliver a working & undamaged game out of the box... what else can a buyer do?

#3532 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Code link

Anyone else having trouble downloading the file using this website, or am I a special snowflake?

#3533 4 years ago
Quoted from scooterd:

Agreed, bad luck... I feel like the distributor is the one in the "wrong" here... but, wondering how to get a more fair solution... the distributor was paid to deliver and setup... and that is when the discovery happened... so, I feel like I did everything I could to ensure the risk was on the distributor to deliver a working & undamaged game out of the box... what else can a buyer do?

Did you deal with the "local Kingston distributor"? I don't think he's an authorized Stern dealer. I believe the only 2 authorized distros in Canada are Nitro Pinball and Player One. I dealt with Player One and the service was awesome. My LE had the wrong legs (black) and the distributor got the green ones from Stern and then shipped them overnight to me. Obviously I had to install them myself.

In any case whoever came to install the game in your house was responsible to ensure it was functioning properly. Pressure them.

#3534 4 years ago

UPDATE: SOLD
I have a Shooter Rod and Tilt Graphics art blades that I will not be installing in my game. $85 for the pair shipped to anywhere in US. PM me if you want them. I can ship today.
Jim
IMG_1564 (resized).jpgIMG_1564 (resized).jpgIMG_1565 (resized).jpgIMG_1565 (resized).jpgIMG_1566 (resized).jpgIMG_1566 (resized).jpg

#3535 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Whatever dude. Missing parts suck. I don’t really care what either of you think just trying to fix it. Amuse yourselves as you wish. I’ve seen people figure out missing parts quite a few times. If you don’t want to help then don’t but just being a wiseass is generally not appreciated. This is a club thread it was just a fucking question.

OMG...hard to believe you can't just admit it was an inane question. FWIW, I've helped MANY folks with technical issues on this forum over the past 7 years with ~3,500 posts...have some respect. Inane questions usually just get ignored, but you like drawing attention to it with your hurt feelings. Move on dude!

#3536 4 years ago

Tell me what this number represents??

$11, 200.

Winner get's a hug.

#3537 4 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Did you deal with the "local Kingston distributor"? I don't think he's an authorized Stern dealer. I believe the only 2 authorized distros in Canada are Nitro Pinball and Player One. I dealt with Player One and the service was awesome. My LE had the wrong legs (black) and the distributor got the green ones from Stern and then shipped them overnight to me. Obviously I had to install them myself.
In any case whoever came to install the game in your house was responsible to ensure it was functioning properly. Pressure them.

It is P1... so, I do feel good that eventually something will be sorted out, but I feel like the default position should be from Stern/P1 "Sorry we brought a game that doesn't work and is damaged, how can we make this right, with the least amount of hassle for you the consumer" ... I would be 100% different in posture if this stopped working a week or a month later... but out of the box, the buyer shouldn't be the one jumping through hoops to find someone to install a new T-rex or remove the playfield and re-align opto sensors themselves... Stern claims that everything is tested before shipping, but the vast amount of posts on this LE thread about the T-Rex head specifically, show that cannot possibly be true... and listen, stuff happens, I just want it fixed without spending my own time and energy.... in the meantime a $10k+ game sits and cannot be fully played.

#3538 4 years ago
Quoted from scooterd:

I just want it fixed without spending my own time and energy.... in the meantime a $10k+ game sits and cannot be fully played.

Unfortunately, this isn't the way it works. For good or bad, pinball ownership is a hobby. If you don't have time for it to be a hobby, you need to pay someone to take the glass off and fix stuff. For a brand new game like yours, it's reasonable to expect the distributor to do the fixing, but that also rarely happens.

#3539 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Unfortunately, this isn't the way it works. For good or bad, pinball ownership is a hobby. If you don't have time for it to be a hobby, you need to pay someone to take the glass off and fix stuff. For a brand new game like yours, it's reasonable to expect the distributor to do the fixing, but that also rarely happens.

Yeah unfortunately even though they are targeting the home users more than the commercial operators now, their business model/philosophy hasn't caught up. They sell these things with the assumption the end user can maintain and fix it themselves. Warranty covers parts only (I think).

Also, it's a commercial money making device. If it was on location it would still make money whether the trex works or not. The operator would just disable it in the settings and the game would play normal. Same with a ramp opto that sometimes misses the ball.. In a home environment it sucks and isn't really acceptable. In a dark dingy bar it doesn't matter...

#3540 4 years ago

I played a premium the other day on location and really liked it. I think I'm going to be placing an order for a premium next year. Does anyone have a count and or list of modes based on main modes, multiballs, and mini wizard / main wizard modes?

Thank you!

#3541 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I played a premium the other day on location and really liked it. I think I'm going to be placing an order for a premium next year. Does anyone have a count and or list of modes based on main modes, multiballs, and mini wizard / main wizard modes?
Thank you!

It's on the Stern website if you click on JP. Documentation. It's called Jurassic Perks. It's a PDF.

#3542 4 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Yeah unfortunately even though they are targeting the home users more than the commercial operators now, their business model/philosophy hasn't caught up. They sell these things with the assumption the end user can maintain and fix it themselves. Warranty covers parts only (I think).
Also, it's a commercial money making device. If it was on location it would still make money whether the trex works or not. The operator would just disable it in the settings and the game would play normal. Same with a ramp opto that sometimes misses the ball.. In a home environment it sucks and isn't really acceptable. In a dark dingy bar it doesn't matter...

I've been waiting for the business model/philosophy to "catch up" since 2004 (when I purchased my first NIB game After awhile, you realize that you go with the flow or stop buying. It's a crap shoot, and fortunately with this last JP2 Premium purchase, it has worked out. I've played ~100 games and haven't had to lift the PF! Everything is working well. It's a stunning game...best game Stern has produced in a long time!

#3543 4 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

It's on the Stern website if you click on JP. Documentation. It's called Jurassic Perks. It's a PDF.

Thank you

#3544 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Anyone else having trouble downloading the file using this website, or am I a special snowflake?

Timed out when I tried, no luck here either.

#3545 4 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Yes, totally get it - and no problem with taking the glass off and/or paying someone to do the stuff I don't/can't do... I certainly get the hobby part... I just think Stern should be thinking a little more about the Customer Service end with their distributor for home users - they should be willing to make exceptions to solve the problem. P1 has been responsive, I think we are awaiting Stern's move...

#3546 4 years ago
Quoted from scooterd:

P1 has been responsive, I think we are awaiting Stern's move...

I really hope it gets resolved sonner than later. Wish u were a bit closer I could go help.

#3547 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

OMG...hard to believe you can't just admit it was an inane question. FWIW, I've helped MANY folks with technical issues on this forum over the past 7 years with ~3,500 posts...have some respect. Inane questions usually just get ignored, but you like drawing attention to it with your hurt feelings. Move on dude!

I really don’t care it was just a simple question. I didn’t like you being a dick. I’m entitled to my opinion just as you are. Imagine that. And you had to send me a PM about it LMAO! Who is the one with hurt feelings? And you tell me to move on. Good you’re so helpful to others. You weren’t to me. Why don’t you get back to that.

#3548 4 years ago

T-Rex adjustments

The following procedure should be used to align the T-Rex for Jurassic Park games that are having problems with the T-Rex moving down onto the Left Ramp and contacting the sides of the ramp, which in turn forces the mouth of the T-Rex closed.

1) First check to see if the T-Rex is not aligned. To do this enter the DIAGNOSTICS MENU.

2) Navigate to GAME-SPECIFIC TESTS

3) Select the TREX HORIZONTAL MOTOR TEST

4) You should see the following message while the T-Rex performs the homing procedure. It will home the stepper motor and then perform a Left / Right / Center movement to recover any lost steps.

5) Once PLEASE WAIT: HOMING MOTORS is no longer visible observe the position of the T-Rex over the ramp. The T-Rex should be dead center above the ramp. If it strays to the left or right of the ramp there will need to be an adjustment made to the adjustment titled “T-REX STEPPER MIDDLE POSITION BIAS”

The following example is for a centered T-Rex that requires no adjustment.

The following example is for a mis-aligned T-Rex that needs the “T-REX STEPPER MIDDLE POSITION BIAS” adjusted in the positive direction.

The following example is for a mis-aligned T-Rex that needs the “T-REX STEPPER MIDDLE POSITION BIAS” adjusted in the negative direction.

6) In the operator menu navigate to Adjustments -> Feature Adjustments (Game) and navigate backwards (since these adjustments are closer to the end of the list than the beginning). Currently, in 0.95.0 software the adjustment number is #246 however this could change with subsequent code releases. Once you locate “T-REX STEPPER MIDDLE POSITION BIAS” you can now adjust the number in either the positive or negative direction based on the results from the alignment test you just ran. There is also a LEFT POS and RIGHT POS BIAS so take care to not adjust these. They have been included to allow adjustment of the LEFT and RIGHT position of the T-Rex if desired, but we have not seen a need to adjust these to anything but zero. These BIAS numbers are adjustable from -15 to +15. These BIAS numbers do not reset with a factory reset.

7) At this point, when you have made an adjustment to in the above step you should now re-run Step 1 – 6 again until you get the result that most closely matches a “Centered” T-Rex in the picture above.

8 ) With a centered T-Rex you can now proceed to the T-REX VERTICAL MOTOR TEST

9) When the T-REX VERTICAL MOTOR TEST is running it will run a homing procedure just as the horizontal motor test did. Wait until “Please Wait: HOMING MOTORS” no longer appears.

10) Press the “-“ MINUS button to move the T-Rex head down to the Ramp.

11) Observe the T-Rex head. The Head should be in between the ramp sides and not contacting the ramp on either side. Pressing the “START” or “MENU” button will open the jaw which should open freely and stay open. The bottom of the jaw may contact the ramp but just barely. If the jaw is not staying open and is just opening for a short time and not holding open you may have to mechanically adjust the T-Rex vertical motor so the head does not come down so far.

The following are pictures of the centered T-Rex in the “down” position with jaw closed / open.

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg6 (resized).jpg6 (resized).jpg7 (resized).jpg7 (resized).jpg8 (resized).jpg8 (resized).jpg9 (resized).jpg9 (resized).jpg10 (resized).jpg10 (resized).jpg11 (resized).jpg11 (resized).jpg12 (resized).jpg12 (resized).jpg13 (resized).jpg13 (resized).jpgTRex Vertical Adjustment (resized).jpgTRex Vertical Adjustment (resized).jpg
#3549 4 years ago

Download JURASSIC PARK TREX ALIGNMENT PROCEDURE ( PDF)

#3550 4 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

Download JURASSIC PARK TREX ALIGNMENT PROCEDURE ( PDF)[quoted image]

Thank you for all of this - I have already done all of these tests...and adjusted the head physically... it still sets well up... that said the tape trick someone posted has improved results.... I imagine my opto sensors are misaligned (someone posted earlier about physically removing and re-positioning them).... anyways, I appreciate the detailed notes for others too. Great community here.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 14.95
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

8,599 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aldie, VA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9,218 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 185.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/71?hl=adamross and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.