(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,218 posts
  • 803 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by scootss
  • Topic is favorited by 439 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1098 (resized).png
B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_030524583 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,218 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 185.
#251 4 years ago

Once I recover from my last pin purchase I look forward to taking the dive on a premium.

#252 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Nope. To busy buying!
JP LE purchased a couple of weeks ago!

NICEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Serial number poll coming soon... HAHA

#253 4 years ago

Topper still ahead of the Jeep.......40 votes to 30 votes.

Once we hit 100 poll ends and let's hope my guy has something....need to go rattle his cage to get on it.

#254 4 years ago

In with an LE can’t ship soon enough

#255 4 years ago
Quoted from PinDoctor82:

Once I recover from my last pin purchase I look forward to taking the dive on a premium.

What was your last purchase?

#256 4 years ago

Is the LE sound actually legit? Like a stout, amplified setup or some bs thing?

#257 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Question:
Assuming they are shipping Pros.
When will they start shipping LEs?
When will they start shipping Premiums?

GREAT questions as I'm waiting on my LE.
My understanding is:
Pro's: Yes, shipping as I type this
LE's: Aug by EOM (first ones at least---but I don't know xxx/500 aka how many Stern's producing for the first run, maybe 1/2 of the 500. When you'll get yours is likely dependent on the timing of your deposit + that seller actually placing their order with Stern. I was promised that I made the 250/500 cut so I expect to receive my LE within the next couple weeks)
Premiums: Sept (at some point, I would guess as early as they can)

In all, what I'm saying is that it's: first Pro's, second LE's, third Premium's

Hope that helps. I wish I knew more.

#258 4 years ago
Quoted from jbigdoggf:

In with an LE can’t ship soon enough

Congrats and welcome to the room/club.

#259 4 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

GREAT questions as I'm waiting on my LE.
My understanding is:
Pro's: Yes, shipping as I type this
LE's: Aug by EOM (first ones at least---but I don't know xxx/500 aka how many Stern's producing for the first run, maybe 1/2 of the 500. When you'll get yours is likely dependent on the timing of your deposit + that seller actually placing their order with Stern. I was promised that I made the 250/500 cut so I expect to receive my LE within the next couple weeks)
Premiums: Sept (at some point, I would guess as early as they can)
In all, what I'm saying is that it's: first Pro's, second LE's, third Premium's
Hope that helps. I wish I knew more.

I was told 250 for USA and the other 250 to the rest of the world. I bet Europe and Australia will buy up those 250 quickly.

This will be fun to compare when they hit our doors.

I have a feeling I am 101 of 500..lol

#260 4 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

I was told 250 for USA and the other 250 to the rest of the world. I bet Europe and Australia will buy up those 250 quickly.
This will be fun to compare when they hit our doors.
I have a feeling I am 101 of 500..lol

The expectation that's been set for me since my LE deposit was absorbed by the seller on 6/30 is that they had already pre-ordered LE's in advance of my inquiry and hadn't "sold out" of that allotment yet. Therefore I hope mine will be <100 serial #, but the actual # isn't guaranteed of course. I've only been guaranteed that my LE will be in transit to me by the end of Aug. Tick-tock!

#261 4 years ago

Switched to a premium plus shaker and HD glass. The le just doesn’t warrant that extra $1500 usd cost...also I just ordered a deadpool premium

#262 4 years ago

Le’s shipping end of next week to Europe is my understanding.

#263 4 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Le’s shipping end of next week to Europe is my understanding.

Damn why no love for USA LE's.

#264 4 years ago

FYI, Clear coating on a pro sling posts, it's only been on the distributors floor for 4 days.

20190823_122429 (resized).jpg20190823_122429 (resized).jpg20190823_122504 (resized).jpg20190823_122504 (resized).jpg
#265 4 years ago

I had a dream that my PIN was coming today. DAMN!!.

Anyone in here already received your PREMIUM? They are starting to trickle in around the country.

Party at my place if you are near when the LE makes it debut.

I made my first newbie youtube video on my mods, I think it came out okay.

Have a awesome weekend.

#266 4 years ago

How about a link to your YouTube videos?

#267 4 years ago

So, I know some are worried about playfield chipping but I’m a believer that the manufacturer will always do the right thing. It’s a pinball machine ... made on natural wood ... yes, it’s an expensive toy but things will happen. I’ve had an issue in the past and was 100% taken care of so for me I am looking forward to my JPLE’s arrival! Who else has an LE or order and what have you heard on dates? This is a fantastic game already, the shots are amazing and the code is only going to grow ... super excited! Btw, if you didn’t see the SDTM unboxing you’re really missing out - it’s awesome ... and Greg is SO happy! LOL

#268 4 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

How about a link to your YouTube videos?

opppps.

I have a shaker and the HD glass I didn't mention on the video.

#269 4 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

In terms of a topper, in lieu of an official one yet and my personal obsession... This LEGO set is going to be my time sink as I wait for my LE to arrive. It may just work as a topper too! (I'm going to need room for it anyhow, so why not on the top of the JP?)
https://shop.lego.com/en-US/product/jurassic-park-t-rex-rampage-75936[quoted image]

Love it, add some Leds and post up pictures.

Welp, my proposed topper is done . When are the USA LE's shipping again!? I'm running out of distractions...

JP Lego Complete (resized).jpgJP Lego Complete (resized).jpg
#270 4 years ago

Anyone want my le ?

#271 4 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

Anyone want my le ?

Why??

#272 4 years ago

I’m going to get out of it.

#273 4 years ago

Probably nervous about playfield quality lottery.

#274 4 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Burnt out on playfields after having potc ce. And wonka ce On order.

#275 4 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

I’m leaning this way too.

#276 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I’m leaning this way too.

I am thinking it over as well.

#278 4 years ago

Same.

#279 4 years ago

I'm new to this but have been looking at the other forum about those with first run Pros finding issues. But that doesn't mean mine or your LE/Premium is going to have the same. I'd like to think that the majority of Pros are just fine and we're only seeing the minority with issues post about it (naturally). Plus I'm sure Stern is well aware as we speak so I would assume they are already mediating the issue(s) in current production of the units about to go out the door. Also, if there are defects in playfield/build quality/anywhere on the machine upon receipt, isn't that covered under Stern's warranty aka they will replace any of it with a quick turnaround time? Am I crazy to be positive on this subject?

#280 4 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

I'm new to this but have been looking at the other forum about those with first run Pros finding issues. But that doesn't mean mine or your LE/Premium is going to have the same. I'd like to think that the majority of Pros are just fine and we're only seeing the minority with issues post about it (naturally). Plus I'm sure Stern is well aware as we speak so I would assume they are already mediating the issue(s) in current production of the units about to go out the door. Also, if there are defects in playfield/build quality/anywhere on the machine upon receipt, isn't that covered under Stern's warranty aka they will replace any of it with a quick turnaround time? Am I crazy to be positive on this subject?

No I agree with that thought process.

I cant imagine making 1000's of units and not a small percentage has some issues and will quickly be resolved.

#281 4 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Also, if there are defects in playfield/build quality/anywhere on the machine upon receipt, isn't that covered under Stern's warranty aka they will replace any of it with a quick turnaround time? Am I crazy to be positive on this subject?

According to a pic someone posted of the written warranty in another thread, the warranty only covers the lcd and circuit boards. Clearly they have taken care of people with issues beyond that, however.

#282 4 years ago

No I agree with that thought process.
I cant imagine making 1000's of units and not a small percentage has some issues and will quickly be resolved.

My game is paid in full. Its baddass and Keith made it. BUT this thread needs to get to work and find out what they did to change their process. Call people. Share the info. This is absolutely widespread though. Not a rarity. Blow up the phones and get some answers, ill share mine.

#283 4 years ago

Congrats on the new owners, and please keep us all posted on any pf issues.

07F2292A-7AEC-40FC-93DB-6871DA86AB23.gif07F2292A-7AEC-40FC-93DB-6871DA86AB23.gif
#284 4 years ago
Quoted from Clytor:

According to a pic someone posted of the written warranty in another thread, the warranty only covers the lcd and circuit boards. Clearly they have taken care of people with issues beyond that, however.

Hmm, interesting. That's unfortunate they aren't more detailed in the warranty, especially for things outside of the inner workings. I'm trying to avoid the resulting stress of reading through the fine print before I even have mine/have a need to do so (a need no one should have when dropping $5-9k on any product IMHO). Glad to hear that they are taking care of the issues even though the parts with reported issues themselves aren't called out in the warranty boilerplate. That's simply the right thing to do. There is the whole "my machine wasn't received as advertised" stipulation though. I don't see any pooling or other defects in their promo video models LOL. In all seriousness, one of the main reasons I went with Stern as my first machine purchase was b/c of word of mouth how great their customer service is. I hope to never have to use it but feel like they'll make things right if I have to.

#285 4 years ago
Quoted from Clytor:

Looks like a potential reason to drop out!

#286 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Looks like a potential reason to drop out!

Well, I wouldn’t ultimately drop out but I would look to see this problem resolved before further purchases. This has been going on since AC/DC vaults at least. I don’t know how wide spread it has been. I only know what we had on our games.

#287 4 years ago

Ok so after reading all about the issues with playfields I called my distro and asked him if he had heard anything about these "widespread issues". He said he had heard about it on Pinside but nothing else, so he said he would call Stern to get the skinny and ask them point blank if they are having issues with the playfields in Jurassic Parks. He called me straight back and told me he had talked to Stern and asked them to give it to him straight, they're reply was that they have shipped 700 Pro Jurassic Parks and a grand total of 5 people have complained about the play field issues as we are seeing here on Pinside. By those numbers alone that is less than 1% of the total games shipped that have reported an issue. So either people are not calling to complain to the manufacturer (as they should do) or just complaining here on Pinside. My distro said he'd had one person call to cancel his LE because of the issues he'd read about, then the day after he called back to "un-cancel his order", he'd changed his mind again. I just wanted to share this information FWIW. I will NOT be cancelling my purchase as I'm sure that if there is an issue you can be sure I will be contacting the distro/manufaturer to get it resolved and then posting my results here not viceversa. Happy Flippin'

#288 4 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Ok so after reading all about the issues with playfields I called my distro and asked him if he had heard anything about these "widespread issues". He said he had heard about it on Pinside but nothing else, so he said he would call Stern to get the skinny and ask them point blank if they are having issues with the playfields in Jurassic Parks. He called me straight back and told me he had talked to Stern and asked them to give it to him straight, they're reply was that they have shipped 700 Pro Jurassic Parks and a grand total of 5 people have complained about the play field issues as we are seeing here on Pinside. By those numbers alone that is less than 1% of the total games shipped that have reported an issue. So either people are not calling to complain to the manufacturer (as they should do) or just complaining here on Pinside. My distro said he'd had one person call to cancel his LE because of the issues he'd read about, then the day after he called back to "un-cancel his order", he'd changed his mind again. I just wanted to share this information FWIW. I will NOT be cancelling my purchase as I'm sure that if there is an issue you can be sure I will be contacting the distro/manufaturer to get it resolved and then posting my results here not viceversa. Happy Flippin'

I also contacted my distributor and he hadn't heard a word, not from Stern or any customers who have received their games.

#289 4 years ago

I also called my dealer as I am meeting them in Chicago to discuss something unrelated. They had zero calls or complaints.

We are doing a Stern tour and I can ask the 2 main guys face to face , if it's even an issue by then.

I smell a shopping spree that weekend.

#290 4 years ago

I also called my dealer as I am meeting them in Chicago to discuss something unrelated. They had zero calls or complaints.
We are doing a Stern tour and I can ask the 2 main guys face to face , if it's even an issue by then.

Really. Zero? How do they keep track of complaints and calls? Is there a process to log complaints across the different communication channels? No process = no legitimate tally.

I doubt it’s “zero”.

#291 4 years ago

If you want to grow the Premium/LE group maybe consider showing him these pics on your phone and mentioning it on your tour. Alot of us are paid but awaiting there actual response or a change of process. Would very much love to here what they say. Maybe consider telling him we know there are alot of playfield issues so he can’t be innocent if you were to simply ask a question about it.

#292 4 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Ok so after reading all about the issues with playfields I called my distro and asked him if he had heard anything about these "widespread issues". He said he had heard about it on Pinside but nothing else, so he said he would call Stern to get the skinny and ask them point blank if they are having issues with the playfields in Jurassic Parks. He called me straight back and told me he had talked to Stern and asked them to give it to him straight, they're reply was that they have shipped 700 Pro Jurassic Parks and a grand total of 5 people have complained about the play field issues as we are seeing here on Pinside.

I have seen 2 in person myself and at least 5 others here on Pinside. That is more than 5 just in my extremely tiny sample size. Also is Stern counting all the machines where they covered the issue themselves with washers??

#293 4 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

If you want to grow the Premium/LE group maybe consider showing him these pics on your phone and mentioning it on your tour. Alot of us are paid but awaiting there actual response or a change of process. Would very much love to here what they say. Maybe consider telling him we know there are alot of playfield issues so he can’t be innocent if you were to simply ask a question about it.

Hopefully I can do a little video interview and ask him these questions. 100% will ask him when I am there. I plan on being with them for about 1 hour.

#294 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

I have seen 2 in person myself and at least 5 others here on Pinside. That is more than 5 just in my extremely tiny sample size. Also is Stern counting all the machines where they covered the issue themselves with washers??

You are asking questions I don't have the answer too, I'm only relaying the information I was told 3rd hand, (from Stern to my distro to me) I would suggest more people call their distros and see if they can get more answers. It's always better to get factual answers from the manufacturer than to purely speculate as too how many machines are having this issue.
Right now by your own sample size of 7, (given that the number of 700 units shipped is correct) represents 1% of the total machines that have shipped that show those issues, whose owners have actually reported to Stern. Again this was the information that was relayed to my distro and then back to me.

#295 4 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

You are asking questions I don't have the answer too, I'm only relaying the information I was told 3rd hand, (from Stern to my distro to me) I would suggest more people call their distros and see if they can get more answers. It's always better to get factual answers from the manufacturer than to purely speculate as too how many machines are having this issue.
Right now by your own sample size of 7, (given that the number of 700 units shipped is correct) represents 1% of the total machines that have shipped that show those issues, whose owners have actually reported to Stern. Again this was the information that was relayed to my distro and then back to me.

That’s good info though thanks for sharing. I don’t think people notice it yet but once you do you can’t stop looking at it

#296 4 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

They were rhetorical questions

I have no idea what the actual percentage of affected machines is obviously. But if I personally can find the "only 1%" just in my living room and at the arcade down the street, I can be fairly certain that "only 1%" is bullshit. (Bayes' Theorem etc. )

#297 4 years ago

I played the pro for the first time at the Minnesota State Fair. This machine had both the loose upper flipper post issue and pooling clear around several posts. Played amazingly though. I'm still in for an LE.

#298 4 years ago
Quoted from gn0s1s:

I played the pro for the first time at the Minnesota State Fair. This machine had both the loose upper flipper post issue and pooling clear around several posts. Played amazingly though. I'm still in for an LE.

Thanks for the update. LE all the way. I want my plague. HAHA.

Check out the discussion on the barbasol can thread....looking good.

#299 4 years ago

When I spoke to my distributor they were aware and waiting on a response from Stern. It seems to be fairly widespread so I am in a holding pattern.

#300 4 years ago

Here's the post just in case you guys missed it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jp-amp-jp2-light-mod

Your thoughts??

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aldie, VA
Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 14.95
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9,218 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 185.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/6?hl=timlah79 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.