(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,218 posts
  • 803 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by scootss
  • Topic is favorited by 439 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1098 (resized).png
B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_030524583 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,218 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 185.
#3351 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So I've received a few PM's asking to donate for the custom code I'm providing. I really appreciate the offers but don't do this for money - happy to share with others and leave it at that. Thought I would mention this here as well. Thanks guys!

No harm intended - just wanted to warn people who get all freaked out about that stuff. I’m not one of them and will post new great scores.

I love the modded call-outs. Thank you, delt31 - would have totally donated funds for this effort. If you change your mind, let me know.

#3352 4 years ago

I previously posted that I updated to my LE to .95; and my settings show I’m still on 8 ohms and the sounds are the same on my example as before the update.
I’m a bit perplexed how some owners are now getting the altered 4 ohms while perhaps others are not (like myself). Could the update be that glitchy?

I did have the freeze/re-set off the missile shot- it will be nice to have that rectified and hopefully Stern can also address the sound issue for all owners in the next update.

#3353 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So is this just an LE issue? My updated prem sounds fine.

My understanding was the premium has the same 8 ohm sound system as the pro, so it would not be affected by this change.

#3354 4 years ago

I seen on tilt forums that Keith said yesterday the crash after smart missle on multiball was already fixed. I just downloaded the new 0.95 LE code and I had it crash today. Has this been fixed yet?

-----copied from tilt forum------

********"Jerware 1d ago
sk8ball have you reproduced the Smart Missile crash bug mentioned above? I hit it a second time and have taken to simply cancelling smart missiles.

sk8ball
Current Or Former World Pinball Champion 1d ago

yep, it’s already fixed"********

#3355 4 years ago
Quoted from catchlight:

I seen on tilt forums that Keith said yesterday the crash after smart missle on multiball was already fixed. I just downloaded the new 0.95 LE code and I had it crash today. Has this been fixed yet?
-----copied from tilt forum------
********"Jerware 1d ago
sk8ball have you reproduced the Smart Missile crash bug mentioned above? I hit it a second time and have taken to simply cancelling smart missiles.
sk8ball
Current Or Former World Pinball Champion 1d ago
yep, it’s already fixed"********

Likely means it's fixed internally and will be part of the next release (whenever that is).

#3356 4 years ago
Quoted from lawnghost:

Likely means it's fixed internally and will be part of the next release (whenever that is).

Later this month, per the news post on Stern's website.

#3357 4 years ago

Does anyone know of a way to protect this damaged spot? I do have it protected with mylar but it's continuing to rip the mylar.

IMG_0167 (resized).jpegIMG_0167 (resized).jpeg
#3358 4 years ago
Quoted from toddw:

Does anyone know of a way to protect this damaged spot?

Turn your kickout strength down to 176.

#3359 4 years ago
Quoted from toddw:

Does anyone know of a way to protect this damaged spot? I do have it protected with mylar but it's continuing to rip the mylar.[quoted image]

If that were mine, i would use a dremel and do a very careful sanding and light removal of the damaged clear, then use a finer sanding wheel to taper the damage spot out to the undamaged areas...next use multiple coats, probably 3 or 4 of automotive clear touchup to rebuild the area, allowing at least a day or more between coats, do a light finish sand, and then use a small cloth dremel wheel with some polishing compound to buff & shine up...

Masking off and cover protecting the rest of the playfield from dust and contaminants of course

I would also take the apron off to give more work area clearance

Turn down the shooter eject to 176 and rewax and remylar

#3360 4 years ago
Quoted from toddw:

Does anyone know of a way to protect this damaged spot? I do have it protected with mylar but it's continuing to rip the mylar.[quoted image]

Star Wars lane protector fits JPs. That’s what my distro gave me for mine

#3361 4 years ago

When I make a fast shot to the Trex ramp it is not registering. The opto is working but not registering really fast shots. The opto looks like it is aligned properly, anything else to check? These are shots when Trex is up out of the way.

#3362 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Star Wars lane protector fits JPs. That’s what my distro gave me for mine

Would you share a photo? Thank you

#3363 4 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

When I make a fast shot to the Trex ramp it is not registering. The opto is working but not registering really fast shots. The opto looks like it is aligned properly, anything else to check? These are shots when Trex is up out of the way.

I had that when I first got mine occasionally...I loosened the screws on the opto switches... Repositioned them a little to what I thought looked centered on the holes, tightened as I held the switch in that position and haven't had a shot not register since

#3364 4 years ago
Quoted from toddw:

Would you share a photo? Thank you

805FE59C-7C7C-47FE-AAB2-6A06928A2A82 (resized).png805FE59C-7C7C-47FE-AAB2-6A06928A2A82 (resized).png
Works great! I also have one of these on my GOTG

#3365 4 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Maybe try the tape fix? Put electrical tape over the bottom half of the opto opening. Helped on mine for both left orbit and T-Rex shots. Could be worth trying.

#3366 4 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

I also encountered problems with the opto on the T-Rex ramp, specifically the ramp exit opto. The rear most board wasn't properly aligned with the hole in the ramp and was causing fast shots not to register. The problem was with the plastic ramp mounting point being more than 90 degrees to the side of the ramp with the hole, causing the opto to be tilted downward slightly and pointing too low. My fix was to loosen the opto board and then shim between the ramp and the board and then tighten it back up. This pivoted the board so that it's now square with the side of the ramp.

Here's an exaggerated image to clarify.
Untitled234242 (resized).jpgUntitled234242 (resized).jpg
Edit: It's really easy to check the alignment if you pull the playfield all the way out onto the service rails and then pick up the playfield by the handle on the back. Just lift until you can get a good view of the alignment of the board, you might even need to shim it the other way.

Maybe add this as a key topic for fixing the T-Rex ramp opto @eightballtexas?

#3367 4 years ago

Thanks everyone I will try aligning then tape.

#3368 4 years ago
Quoted from toddw:

Shooter lane Cliffy's if you like them.

As others have stated, turn down the eject power will this will help a lot. Mylar does not do the job in my opinion. Once the lane starts chipping out it just keeps going.

#3369 4 years ago

Took delivery of my Premium yesterday (build date of 11/22

Arrived in great condition! (big relief). PF is gorgeous (no wood grain or clearcoat issues). The clear is more "matte" than some previous games I've received, but it still looks sharpe. Two quick questions:

- Where is the eject power setting? I looked but came up empty.
- Have others noticed the 2 rounded flap screws in the photo below actually effect ball travel? Weird they didn't use a flat/recessed screw (or locate the screws closer to the guides). Not a huge deal, but thought is was odd nonetheless.

Thanks!

IMG_0597 (resized).jpegIMG_0597 (resized).jpeg
#3370 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Have others noticed the 2 rounded flap screws in the photo below actually effect ball travel?

They'll never be touched due to the curvature of the ball.

#3371 4 years ago

Hey guys I’m about to pull the trigger on a NIB JP Premium but the build date is right before 11/9. Should I be concerned about the playfield issues and/or bunk T-Rex? Or should I hold off until the next batch from this vendor?

#3372 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

They'll never be touched due to the curvature of the ball.

False. I ran a ball against the ball guide and the screws absolutely touch the ball. No ambiguity whatsoever on the left side in particular. Take the glass off and try it...I'm curious if it's specific to my example (which I would doubt, but you never know).

#3373 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

False. I ran a ball against the ball guide and the screws absolutely touch the ball. No ambiguity whatsoever on the left side in particular. Take the glass off and try it...I'm curious if it's specific to my example (which I would doubt, but you never know).

My JP premium Has same screw and the ball touches the screw head

#3374 4 years ago
Quoted from tomaszb1:

Hey guys I’m about to pull the trigger on a NIB JP Premium but the build date is right before 11/9. Should I be concerned about the playfield issues and/or bunk T-Rex? Or should I hold off until the next batch from this vendor?

You’re good to purchase I have 10/8 build date and mine looks good

#3375 4 years ago

My JP premium Has same screw and the ball touches the screw head

Thanks for the quick reply! Bummer. It's already a tough/tight shot and having that pesky screw impact the ball path is a bummer. If the guide were closer to the screw (or vice-versa), it wouldn't be a problem.

#3376 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Thanks for the quick reply! Bummer. It's already a tough/tight shot and having that pesky screw impact the ball path is a bummer. If the guide were closer to the screw (or vice-versa), it wouldn't be a problem.

I’m considering changing them out for more streamline screw head. Not sure if I can find one with a low enough profile but I plan on looking.

#3377 4 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

I also encountered problems with the opto on the T-Rex ramp, specifically the ramp exit opto. The rear most board wasn't properly aligned with the hole in the ramp and was causing fast shots not to register. The problem was with the plastic ramp mounting point being more than 90 degrees to the side of the ramp with the hole, causing the opto to be tilted downward slightly and pointing too low. My fix was to loosen the opto board and then shim between the ramp and the board and then tighten it back up. This pivoted the board so that it's now square with the side of the ramp.
[quoted image]
Edit: It's really easy to check the alignment if you pull the playfield all the way out onto the service rails and then pick up the playfield by the handle on the back. Just lift until you can get a good view of the alignment of the board, you might even need to shim it the other way.

I shimmed it like in the picture and has registered every time so far 15 games.

#3378 4 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

I shimmed it like in the picture and has registered every time so far 15 games.

So glad it helped you too!
I didn't want to wait to hear back from Stern's engineering department in order to properly play the game. Other than that, I had to enlarge the mounting holes on the raptor gate mech so that it would have wiggle room to clear the playfield.

#3379 4 years ago
Quoted from tomaszb1:

Mine is 11/6 and it's fine. I'd say go for it!

#3380 4 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

So glad it helped you too!
I didn't want to wait to hear back from Stern's engineering department in order to properly play the game. Other than that, I had to enlarge the mounting holes on the raptor gate mech so that it would have wiggle room to clear the playfield.

Great fix!

#3381 4 years ago

Has anyone that ordered their amber shooter rod from Little Shop Of Games received theirs yet? I messaged them last week, still have not heard back.

#3382 4 years ago
Quoted from PDX-Mike:

Has anyone that ordered their amber shooter rod from Little Shop Of Games received theirs yet? I messaged them last week, still have not heard back.

Funny you should say that. I ordered one months ago and emailed them about a month ago and got no reply. I called them about two weeks ago and at the time he said very few were out but they should start shipping soon. I am trying not to be skeptical.

#3383 4 years ago
Quoted from PDX-Mike:

I ordered and paid for the shooter rod on August 12, and I never received anything but a confirmation that I've paid. I emailed and left a cell phone message last week with no reply to either. So two days ago I wrote an email and asked for a refund and still no reply. I hate to run down anyone in the pinball business, but LSOG isn't coming through for me on this one. I'm skeptical and very disappointed.

I've also tried the Stern website but it says that the part is out of stock, and I've left two messages with Dorothy Brown in parts, but no reply yet. Obviously, this is a hard part to come by, as are communications from LSOG . . .

#3384 4 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

I ordered and paid for the shooter rod on August 12, and I never received anything but a confirmation that I've paid. I emailed and left a cell phone message last week with no reply to either. So two days ago I wrote an email and asked for a refund and still no reply. I hate to run down anyone in the pinball business, but LSOG isn't coming through for me on this one. I'm skeptical and very disappointed.
I've also tried the Stern website but it says that the part is out of stock, and I've left two messages with Dorothy Brown in parts, but no reply yet. Obviously, this is a hard part to come by, as are communications from LSOG . . .

Unfortunately the amber shooter quality isn’t great. Don’t feel like you’re missing out. It isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. I own one and it just didn’t deliver for me.

#3385 4 years ago

Unfortunately the amber shooter quality isn’t great. Don’t feel like you’re missing out. It isn’t all it’s cracked up to be.

I actually disagree. I'll be the first one to call out Stern but I love mine. Looks really nice, works well, light now pulses during gameplay. I'm very happy with it.

#3386 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I actually disagree. I'll be the first one to call out Stern but I love mine. Looks really nice, works well, light now pulses during gameplay. I'm very happy with it.

Congratulations I’m glad you like yours
We all have different opinions

#3387 4 years ago

Unfortunately the amber shooter quality isn’t great. Don’t feel like you’re missing out. It isn’t all it’s cracked up to be.

I actually agree.. it’s ok but that’s it.

#3388 4 years ago

I own one so I can say with confidence It’s okay but not to die for by any means

113E1D32-F2D5-4F57-92D7-726D90BCCBC2 (resized).jpeg113E1D32-F2D5-4F57-92D7-726D90BCCBC2 (resized).jpeg
#3389 4 years ago

Thanks for the opinions. Now if I just get my refund or even a response from LSOG I'll have a better opinion of that company . . .

#3390 4 years ago

#3391 4 years ago

Congratulations I’m glad you like yours
We all have different opinions

we sure do.

#3392 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

we sure do.

Indeed

#3393 4 years ago
#3394 4 years ago

Lol the tensions rise

#3395 4 years ago

Love mine, the smoothness and build quality are laps and bounds above the standard rod... I'm spoiled for all future pins... Had to get the storm trooper for my Star Wars... Equally great quality

#3396 4 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

[quoted image]
Maybe add this as a key topic for fixing the T-Rex ramp opto eightballtexas?

So this solves the same thing as the tape solution? I am confused about which opto this is referring to.

#3397 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

So this solves the same thing as the tape solution? I am confused about which opto this is referring to.

During switch test my game was showing the entrance opto but not the exit opto on fast shots.
The opto hiding behind the backboard, the ramp exit opto.

#3398 4 years ago

Just experienced the Smart Missile crash .... {{{~ sigh ~}}}

#3399 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Just experienced the Smart Missile crash .... {{{~ sigh ~}}}

You would figure that Stern would have released a quick update for this, as it makes JP unusable in a match play tournament & league setting...

#3400 4 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

You would figure that Stern would have released a quick update for this, as it makes JP unusable in a match play tournament & league setting...

Agreed. Stern is rudderless. Nobody with any brains in the leadership. Pretty basic software QC here. If you discover a major flaw/bug you fix it and provide a quick patch to correct it. Never mind adding other things/bling. Fix the hard reset issue now.

"oh it'll be fixed in the next update in Dec".. that could mean 31 dec.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinhead mods

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
8,599 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

There are 9,218 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 185.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/68?hl=getadam and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.