(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,218 posts
  • 803 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by scootss
  • Topic is favorited by 439 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1098 (resized).png
B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_030524583 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,218 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 185.
#3251 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

The triangle plastic to the right of the raptor is very flexible and bends down or up to allow the ball to get trapped behind it. Had that happen twice.

Indeed, nice place for a mini mod perhaps

#3252 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Here are pictures. Didn’t remove anything other than the protector over the ramp entrance to do it. Just used tweezers to place the tape and pressed it on.[quoted image][quoted image]

thank you for the pics!! Much appreciated

#3253 4 years ago

Has anyone figured out how to adjust the T-Rex to keep it from hitting the left fence post? I've searched and searched and haven't found an answer and I've tried messing around with all of the bias adjustments, but haven't been able to fix it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#3254 4 years ago

I just had the reset issue where you are in multiball and (proudly!) hit the smart missile shot. Game shut down and reset. I was very sad. Hopefully Stern can figure out this issue.
Stellar game. One of the best in YEARS!

#3255 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Updating my code today. This is not the full blown custom sounds others are working on but an update to the lighter version I put together using the pinsound files available online that I cut/combined.

Are you going to make it available? We're eagerly awaiting this.

#3256 4 years ago
Quoted from C-Note:

Has anyone figured out how to adjust the T-Rex to keep it from hitting the left fence post? I've searched and searched and haven't found an answer and I've tried messing around with all of the bias adjustments, but haven't been able to fix it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I think my left bias is -6 which made a difference.

#3257 4 years ago

After playing another few hours with the new code, I also had one reset occur with the smart missile during multiball. Sound and shaker both seem fine.
Hope this bug gets picked up in Stern’s next code update.
Did reach the T-Rex mini wizard mode Museum Mayhem, was a pretty cool mode.

#3258 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Anyone experience this....
It just happened with the new code installed. T-Rex is always on the ramp - even for the skill shot. She catches it and dumps it then goes right back to the ramp. 2 player game, both games, t-rex on the ramp the whole time... weird.

Yes! This happened to me once. It kept doing it on new games until I power cycled.

#3259 4 years ago
Quoted from SheriffBarclay:

Are you going to make it available? We're eagerly awaiting this.

Caught up in Christmas decorations - wife and kids wanted to do them today. Might be tonight if not tomorrow.... But prob tonight

#3260 4 years ago
Quoted from jdroc:

Let us know how that works. My orbit shots started doing this about a week ago (never did it in the few hundred games before that). I'm going to try bending the guide down a little also to see if it will clear and still allow a raised upper flipper to just deflect the ball around the orbit again (as in the dead flip streams)

I worked on the left orbit exit today and got it adjusted so right orbit shots exiting out left don’t hit the truck anymore. Took a bit of pushing but I got it done without removing anything. I loosened the nut for the screw at the end of the ball guide, then I snipped a fiber washer so I could sneak it under the guide and around the screw. That way when I cranked the nut back down the ball guide wouldn’t be cutting into the playfield (pictures below). Then I lifted the playfield vertical and got my son to help. I was on the right side of the machine reaching in to push really hard against the end of the guide with the end of a small pair of pliers. When I got it pushed in as far as I thought I could I had him tighten the nut down. The end of the ball guide was only a fraction of an inch closer to the edge of the supply drop target, but it made all the difference. Here’s the washer I used:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-8-x-0-032-in-Black-Fiber-Washer-3-Piece-807888/204276415

610ABF81-95F9-4185-8DC3-B5F28ACA3916 (resized).jpeg610ABF81-95F9-4185-8DC3-B5F28ACA3916 (resized).jpegAE7A4911-0C4C-497D-B236-524667195336 (resized).jpegAE7A4911-0C4C-497D-B236-524667195336 (resized).jpeg
#3261 4 years ago

not unless you are sharing it!

#3262 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

The volume is an easy fix. Somehow the update is changing the speaker settings in utilities like it’s never done before. All you need to do is go into utilities volume and select reset. That worked perfect for me and doesn’t erase any of your other settings.

Since I haven't even turned it on yet, I will just input the settings after I update the code. Thank you.

#3263 4 years ago

Code update now trex is misaligned every time. Odd. Any ideas?

#3264 4 years ago
Quoted from Outlanes:

Code update now trex is misaligned every time. Odd. Any ideas?

Did you test the TRex in the diagnostic? Switch 68 works?

Rob

#3265 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Did you test the TRex in the diagnostic? Switch 68 works?
Rob

It just blows past it and aligns slightly to the right now. It lights up but doesnt stop there.

Bias adjustment seems to fix just curious why it happened with the update and if anyone else experienced it

#3266 4 years ago

@sk8ball: Ran into the same bug as everyone else is here with respect to the Hard Reset with a made Missile shot, however mine was during T-Rex Multi-ball with 3 balls active, unlike others who experienced it with Raptor. Playfield lights (GI & inserts go out), then the flippers die a second later as well as the LCD. Then it reboots...

Also can confirm the Backbox speakers on mine keep setting itself to 4 ohms with every power down......

#3267 4 years ago

I know this is dumb, but out of an abundance of caution, remove the rubber band on the jeep, correct? It was just for shipping? Thank you in advance.

#3268 4 years ago
Quoted from wheels:

I know this is dumb, but out of an abundance of caution, remove the rubber band on the jeep, correct? It was just for shipping? Thank you in advance.

Correct!

#3269 4 years ago

Updated my code for .95. Again, this is very light but fixes IMO some of the worst speech and includes a proper welcome to JP amongst other things.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=16DJ3ucS1vlvIN8YfqYU4u0iM6XMxvLS5

btw - no issues with updating to the newest code.

Added over 4 years ago:

updated link

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Jrsnw_8j7yRr_E5iGMfZ9dQzfuLlov9r

#3270 4 years ago

Thank you! Playing the maiden game now with my 6-year-old twins!

#3271 4 years ago

Hi everyone;

I searched through several pages of this post, didn't find any reference to this, apologies if I missed it. I'm guessing this isn't happening to just me.

After updating to the newest software, I now have an issue where when T-Rex Multiball starts, the second ball doesn't actually kick off. When the ball in play drains, you have to wait for the ball find to cycle and then the two balls kick out.

Anyone else? I feel like this wasn't happening before update, but I only had it for a couple of days prior.

#3272 4 years ago
Quoted from kamidave:

Hi everyone;
I searched through several pages of this post, didn't find any reference to this, apologies if I missed it. I'm guessing this isn't happening to just me.
After updating to the newest software, I now have an issue where when T-Rex Multiball starts, the second ball doesn't actually kick off. When the ball in play drains, you have to wait for the ball find to cycle and then the two balls kick out.
Anyone else? I feel like this wasn't happening before update, but I only had it for a couple of days prior.

Could be software related, but my first thought would be to check the connectors to the ball trough. Unplug and plug them back in tightly.

#3273 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Updated my code for .95. Again, this is very light but fixes IMO some of the worst speech and includes a proper welcome to JP amongst other things.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=16DJ3ucS1vlvIN8YfqYU4u0iM6XMxvLS5
btw - no issues with updating to the newest code.

Any YouTube footage of gameplay with your handy work? Would be very interested to see it.

#3274 4 years ago

This is my first Spike game. I assume I can still attach an external sub to the cabinet sub with alligator clips?

#3275 4 years ago
Quoted from wheels:

This is my first Spike game. I assume I can still attach an external sub to the cabinet sub with alligator clips?

Sure. High-level inputs to the sub are not going to be as clean as line level, but it will "work". Pinovators sells a board that gives clean line level output from the backbox.

#3276 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Sure. High-level inputs to the sub are not going to be as clean as line level, but it will "work". Pinovators sells a board that gives clean line level output from the backbox.

Thank you.

#3277 4 years ago

The three screws that hold the plastic on the bottom jaw of the trex fell out. Anyone have an easy way to screw these back in without removing the trex head?

#3278 4 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

The three screws that hold the plastic on the bottom jaw of the trex fell out. Anyone have an easy way to screw these back in without removing the trex head?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/60#post-5318928

#3279 4 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Could be software related, but my first thought would be to check the connectors to the ball trough. Unplug and plug them back in tightly.

Thanks -- Tried that, still does the same thing -- again, only for Trex Multiball, all other Multiballs initiate appropriately.

#3280 4 years ago

Hi All, seeking some help. I have downloaded the update, unzipped to PC, formatted a USB drive as FAT32, and copied just the two .spk files to the root of the zip drive. I put the USB in CN9 on the board in the back cabinet, and I get the option to install the update when I turn on my premium. Here's where my problem seems to start, I hit select, the screen flashes "Insert USB" or whatever the message is, then right back to the "Press select to update, press Volume +/- to change, press back to exit"

I seem to be stuck in an endless loop. If anyone knows what I might be doing wrong, I'm all ears . Thanks in advance!

I've tried two different USB sticks btw as well, same problem.

#3281 4 years ago
Quoted from leaffan67:

I just had the reset issue where you are in multiball and (proudly!) hit the smart missile shot. Game shut down and reset. I was very sad. Hopefully Stern can figure out this issue.
Stellar game. One of the best in YEARS!

Yep, had this happen twice today. With some great T-Rex multiball jackpot values going. Irritating but the game is just so good. Frustrating as sh*t and times but so much fun.

#3282 4 years ago

Does anyone have the right ramp shot register even when it doesn’t make it all the way up the ramp? It seems to be more on a hard hit shot that rattles back and forth on ramp and then rolls back out. I went into switch test and manually tapped on the ramp in various ways to see if the switch would register, but it wouldn’t. Maybe the ball rattles it in a way that the gate at the top moves enough to trigger the switch? I guess I should try gapping the switch a bit more?

#3283 4 years ago

Germany says hello to Premium.

Some mods installed.

No issues out of box.

T-Rex eats balls about 90% .

20191201_185514 (resized).jpg20191201_185514 (resized).jpg20191201_185521 (resized).jpg20191201_185521 (resized).jpg20191201_185557 (resized).jpg20191201_185557 (resized).jpg
#3284 4 years ago
Quoted from kamidave:

Hi everyone;

Have you checked the optos on the trough? Sounds like what can happen when one of the trough optos isn’t working. Might be worth checking.

#3285 4 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

After playing another few hours with the new code, I also had one reset occur with the smart missile during multiball. Sound and shaker both seem fine.
Hope this bug gets picked up in Stern’s next code update.
Did reach the T-Rex mini wizard mode Museum Mayhem, was a pretty cool mode.

yes me too,

When I hit the missile target only

#3286 4 years ago

Hello,

I am number 295 of France.

20191111_165841 (resized).jpg20191111_165841 (resized).jpg20191117_162454 (resized).jpg20191117_162454 (resized).jpg
#3287 4 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

Does anyone have the right ramp shot register even when it doesn’t make it all the way up the ramp?

I've seen that 3 or 4 times. Not enough that I've worried to check it out. I assumed impact vibration was perfect to cause the switch to bounce up there on top of the ramp.

#3288 4 years ago

Here's one I've not seen mentioned. Maybe you guys don't tilt as much as I do . Sometimes when you tilt it will hang on the tilt screen for around 15 seconds, before finally proceeding. Anyone else seen this?

#3289 4 years ago
Quoted from caker137:

Here's one I've not seen mentioned. Maybe you guys don't tilt as much as I do . Sometimes when you tilt it will hang on the tilt screen for around 15 seconds, before finally proceeding. Anyone else seen this?

Yes. A few times.

#3290 4 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

Does anyone have the right ramp shot register even when it doesn’t make it all the way up the ramp?

Yeah, that happened a couple times and I couldn't figure it out. My assumption was similar to yours. Thought maybe the ramp exit switch was gapped so tightly that a hard miss could trigger it, but I couldn't reproduce it in switch test by tapping/banging on the ramp.

#3291 4 years ago
Quoted from caker137:

Sometimes when you tilt it will hang on the tilt screen for around 15 seconds, before finally proceeding. Anyone else seen this?

Yup. And not on a super hard tilt where the bob would need extra time to settle down. Just seems to happen randomly.

#3292 4 years ago
Quoted from Outlanes:

It just blows past it and aligns slightly to the right now. It lights up but doesnt stop there.
Bias adjustment seems to fix just curious why it happened with the update and if anyone else experienced it

Mine does that too. I think switch 68 is possibly used for a default centering location, but it's not necessarily the spot where the TRex head needs to fit on the ramp. The fine tuning is up to software timing which is adjustable with those bias settings. When my game was unboxed, the TRex was not working at all. My friend adjusted one of the switches and it's been working ever since.

Rob

#3293 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Yup. And not on a super hard tilt where the bob would need extra time to settle down. Just seems to happen randomly.

Iron Maiden had similar issues where a ball drain would be followed by a long delay before the bonus countdown began.

Rob

#3294 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Quoted from Rob_G:

Iron Maiden had similar issues where a ball drain would be followed by a long delay before the bonus countdown began.
Rob

Yep, IMDN does this as well, but not nearly as bad as initial Munsters code. You could literally go out for Pizza and when you came back the Tilt Screen was still up on the LCD.....

#3295 4 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

You can go to utilities-volume-speaker type and change the ohm setting

Hey, Keith! The ohm-setting-change-y thingy actually works...BUT...my machine keeps going back to the awful-sounding 4-ohm setting that it went to after the update. Is that a bug in the new code, or is my machine borked? I'm REALLY big into sound, so this is bumming me out.

If anybody else knows how to make the 8-ohm setting stick, please clue me in. Thanks!

#3296 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Hey, Keith! The ohm-setting-change-y thingy actually works...BUT...my machine keeps going back to the awful-sounding 4-ohm setting that it went to after the update. Is that a bug in the new code, or is my machine borked? I'm REALLY big into sound, so this is bumming me out.
If anybody else knows how to make the 8-ohm setting stick, please clue me in. Thanks!

Mine also keeps going back to 4 ohm after powering down.

#3297 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Mine also keeps going back to 4 ohm after powering down.

If you look at the release notes that's what they intend it to do. The LE has 4 ohm speakers (upgraded sound). I've had good luck at also setting the cabinet to 4 ohm (It is in fact 4 ohms) and then just raising the main volume up to get the same levels as when it was incorrectly driving the 4 ohm speakers as if they are 8 ohm. Tweak the bass and trebble a bit and you can get it sounding very close to how it was at 8 ohm settings, but now actually driving your speakers correctly.

#3298 4 years ago

So about three weeks in of the super truck swap to the real JP Jeep and it's been great. Trick for me to get the weight perfect (just like original) was two normal screws in the front (taken from original car) and 1 longer screw back left. No screw in the right. Weight distributed much better and looks great. Very happy.

20191201_214030 (resized).jpg20191201_214030 (resized).jpg
#3299 4 years ago
Quoted from caker137:

If you look at the release notes that's what they intend it to do. The LE has 4 ohm speakers (upgraded sound). I've had good luck at also setting the cabinet to 4 ohm (It is in fact 4 ohms) and then just raising the main volume up to get the same levels as when it was incorrectly driving the 4 ohm speakers as if they are 8 ohm. Tweak the bass and trebble a bit and you can get it sounding very close to how it was at 8 ohm settings, but now actually driving your speakers correctly.

Thanks for that! BUT...this didn't happen before the update. The sound was fantastic. Now? Not so much. It has me thinking I should maybe take advantage of some Black Friday deals and upgrade the "upgraded" speakers.

#3300 4 years ago
Quoted from caker137:

Thanks, I didn't realize that. I'll play around with it a bit.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aldie, VA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinhead mods

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

There are 9,218 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 185.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/66?hl=outlanes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.