(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_1098 (resized).png
B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,222 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 185.
#3201 4 years ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

Sure as hell wish I could edit that post and remove that image..... I know I'm gonna catch hell for that! No one wants to see a post of a Hatch Green Chile stuffed Pork Loin in the making..... guys, I apologize.

Wow how disgusting! We don’t eat! We just play pinball

#3202 4 years ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

Sure as hell wish I could edit that post and remove that image..... I know I'm gonna catch hell for that! No one wants to see a post of a Hatch Green Chile stuffed Pork Loin in the making..... guys, I apologize.

I will eat that disgusting stuff all day. You deliver??

#3203 4 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

I will eat that disgusting stuff all day. You deliver??

Yeah I’m kidding

#3204 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Yeah I’m kidding

So am I...lol. Its gross.

#3205 4 years ago

So am I...lol. Its gross.

I put side blades on my JPPrem today

#3206 4 years ago

I put side blades on my JPPrem today

Pics? There's a couple good options out there.

#3207 4 years ago
0797AAEF-0A03-4E7E-9582-339496E7AB79 (resized).jpeg0797AAEF-0A03-4E7E-9582-339496E7AB79 (resized).jpeg3F7F42AE-4A0A-4584-9093-BE401FA17911 (resized).jpeg3F7F42AE-4A0A-4584-9093-BE401FA17911 (resized).jpeg62069713-2483-4A45-AB24-7A9F4593618C (resized).jpeg62069713-2483-4A45-AB24-7A9F4593618C (resized).jpegC192BE0B-81B0-4CB8-A6F2-A77867E74A9F (resized).jpegC192BE0B-81B0-4CB8-A6F2-A77867E74A9F (resized).jpeg
#3208 4 years ago

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Well Done.

#3209 4 years ago

Thanks. Retrofurbs side blades

#3210 4 years ago

Love the pork loin helicopter blade mod!

#3211 4 years ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

Hey, I'm in New Mexico, no need to remove that image. (just don't pull a Colorado and claim that chile as your own)

#3212 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Love the pork loin helicopter blade mod!

HAHA.

#3213 4 years ago

Thanks. Retrofurbs side blades

Looks great - mine should be here any day now.

#3214 4 years ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

There should be screws and nuts on 3 of the 4 blades. Looks like yours had only screws on 1. Here's mine. They act as counterweights. Ok ignore the 1st picture. I cant make that go away. It was something I made in the smoker.[quoted image][quoted image]

Mine is definitely the same as yours. Might be hard to tell from my pic, but all nuts/bolts are in place. I’ve been messaged by another Pinsider with the same prob. Pretty annoying.

#3215 4 years ago

Maybe there is some bias in the spinning post part of the blade? Try unscrewing it without any movement of the post, then screwing it back down in the proper position.

#3216 4 years ago

#3217 4 years ago

Sorry to bring some negativity into the thread but I'm looking for advice. I've had a ton of problems with my LE since day one. Literally every problem others have mentioned and more. Only ones I haven't had is any issues with the helicopter or playfield. The short list is T-rex (everything), bad node board, plunger, flipper coil stop, raptor, set trap targets, flipper rubber wear. My distributor has sent a tech out twice and I've had Stern ship me parts as issues have been discovered (no charge). However I've spent countless hours of my own time dismantling, taking videos, testing, coordinating with the tech's schedule etc along with having to not play the machine between each failure just to get the aforementioned service at each step. Also to this day the T-rex and shooter issues remain unresolved and my right flipper is broken until they send new parts (which throughout this process has taken almost 2 weeks with constant email back and forth).
So my question is, am I at a point to reasonably ask for a partial refund of the original purchase price from my distributor (based on the fact I've had to work on the machine, take time off work, etc more than actually play it for the past 3 months)? Or is this just how it is and I should be grateful for the service thus far?
Appreciate any advice/similar experiences you guys have to share.

#3218 4 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Sorry to bring some negativity into the thread but I'm looking for advice. I've had a ton of problems with my LE since day one. Literally every problem others have mentioned and more. Only ones I haven't had is any issues with the helicopter or playfield. The short list is T-rex (everything), bad node board, plunger, flipper coil stop, raptor, set trap targets, flipper rubber wear. My distributor has sent a tech out twice and I've had Stern ship me parts as issues have been discovered (no charge). However I've spent countless hours of my own time dismantling, taking videos, testing, coordinating with the tech's schedule etc along with having to not play the machine between each failure just to get the aforementioned service at each step. Also to this day the T-rex and shooter issues remain unresolved and my right flipper is broken until they send new parts (which throughout this process has taken almost 2 weeks with constant email back and forth).
So my question is, am I at a point to reasonably ask for a partial refund of the original purchase price from my distributor (based on the fact I've had to work on the machine, take time off work, etc more than actually play it for the past 3 months)? Or is this just how it is and I should be grateful for the service thus far?

Not negativity. Useful info...it's clear you are not dramatizing and just trying to figure it out.

The sad reality is your story is much more common than it use to be (I've been buying NIB Sterns for over 15 years).

You can ask for whatever you want, but the fact that you are getting support from both Stern and your distributor is goodness.

My IMDN Premium took ~6 weeks to "dial in" IIRC (shooter lane madness, poorly designed captive ball mech, sarcophagus headaches, etc.).

My Premium is arriving on Monday and I'm hoping I get a "good one". If I end up experiencing anything like you've described, it will be one more instance of me swearing to avoid NIB purchases. It's just so clear that Stern is running much too fast and we are left being the alpha/beta testers. Even coil stops are suspect! NIB purchases have really become a nightmare/crap shoot (and your story is just one more example of this).

If this is your first NIB purchase, I feel badly for you. Hope it all comes together...just keep pushing on both Stern and your distro!

Good luck!

#3219 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

I purchased this on Ebay weeks ago and it just arrived. I got scammed though. It is totally the wrong scale (it's huge) and it says "Jorolls Park". The ebay listing looked identical to the one you purchased from. Can you PM me the seller you used so I can order it from a more legit seller?[quoted image]

Jorolls Park!!!! ROTFL. Sorry, but that is so funny. That is truly terrible to send you that monstrosity: some people have no shame.

#3220 4 years ago
Quoted from lawnghost:

I've had it happen once after upgrading to .95, during a multiball (forget which one..). Never happened on .91.
But, also, I only make that shot about 5% of the time.

I had the frozen screen reset happen to me tonight. I was in Trex Chase and started Raptor Tri-ball (which I don’t think was stackable before?). During these two modes the smart missile loaded up and I hit the shot and the screen froze and the game went dark and reset

#3221 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Ok tried this unfortunately that wasn’t the fix. Thank you for the advice though. I reloaded .95. I didn’t realize that would erase all settings and scores. However that didn’t fix it. I then went into volume settings in utilities and tried to change the speaker ohms to 8. It refused to save it no matter what I tried. So then I hit factory reset for volume and that fixed it right away! All back to normal but no high scores. And this machine I had way higher than my son. Oh well. Back to flipping. I can’t wait to get the custom audio back I miss it.

Did it continue to work after you powered game on and off because once I power cycle It returns to 4 ohms.

#3222 4 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

The Trex and node board would be frustrating for sure and definitely warranty issues...but what exactly is wrong with the plunger? Springs and screws here and there and some alignment adjustment?.. coil stops and flipper rubber, I buy those in small bulk as they wear out...JP was designed with red rubber in mind for the collector, most pins don't have the red because of the quick wear rate of red vs black and cleanliness issues. What's up with the raptor? and set trap targets?? again, I had some minor tweaks but they were just loosening a screw or tightening a screw here and there to adjust the raptor bob rate hang up issues or tighten up the leaf spring screws to prevent target movement? I'm not disregarding your complaints but I've tweaked and taken the past 3 weeks to adjust and dial my game in...I think or have come to expect it is just part of the hobby as these machines are hand made on the assembly line and can't possibly meet the same standard each and every time..they can come close, but there's always going to be the need to tighten, loosen, adjust and sometimes replace. Everyone's threshold for "it play's perfect out of the box" is subjective and one person's "perfect" may be horrible to another and sometimes this site while great, may falsely lead people to the impression that these games are plug and play..my experience is they are far from it.

I actually love tinkering on my pins...call it an OCD obsession but don't stop playing them for issues and definitely don't take off work...I just play, tweak, fix, replace....and one day.. they get better to the point of just needing a wipedown and some wax...If you don't like doing these things and just like to play, then NIB is probably not for you in future pin acquisitions and may need a more, broken in game.

So, I can't nor can others answer your question truthfully or objectively because your experience with your pin is a subjective one...are you out of line to ask for a refund...man that's a tough one...you can ask but again, it's up to your distro and Stern support. I would say good luck with that but wouldn't expect it to happen.

Again, I'm not saying we shouldn't expect quality and reasonable functionality out of the box for the price tag, but something like a flipper coil stop??? I would get a new part from pinball life or marco (which ship most of their stuff the day of order) on my own and buy 6 more while I was at it - while I waited for the warranty part to arrive - and just continue to play...

#3223 4 years ago

Hello all,
Where is the adjustment to move down my trex... he cant grab the ball...
Thanks a lot ;o)

#3224 4 years ago
Quoted from Yfichelle:

Hello all,
Where is the adjustment to move down my trex... he cant grab the ball...
Thanks a lot ;o)

top of every page - click "show topic index" first

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3225 4 years ago
Quoted from Dahawk007:

I had the frozen screen reset happen to me tonight. I was in Trex Chase and started Raptor Tri-ball (which I don’t think was stackable before?). During these two modes the smart missile loaded up and I hit the shot and the screen froze and the game went dark and reset

Same thing here , raptor MB, phase 2, ball locked in the pit , missile lock post comes up, don’t know if i actually hit it but it froze and died.

#3226 4 years ago
Quoted from Dahawk007:

Yep, mine froze up and reset when I hit the smart missile shot.

#3227 4 years ago

Working on the games before putting them in the gameroom. Both these games are great. Almost done with the Mods.
IMG_4858 (resized).JPGIMG_4858 (resized).JPGIMG_4859 (resized).JPGIMG_4859 (resized).JPGIMG_4860 (resized).JPGIMG_4860 (resized).JPG

IMG_4862 (resized).JPGIMG_4862 (resized).JPG
#3228 4 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Same thing here , raptor MB, phase 2, ball locked in the pit , missile lock post comes up, don’t know if i actually hit it but it froze and died.

I had the same thing occur but I was in CHAOS I think. The issue seemed to be being in a MB or multiple MBs and have smart missile start.

#3229 4 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Working on the games before putting them in the gameroom. Both these games are great. Almost done with the Mods.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Are you going to light up the flippers? I love those.

Where did you get the JP emblem/sticker/magnet on the coin box?

Both are looking sharp...well done.

#3230 4 years ago

Are you going to light up the flippers? I love those.
Where did you get the JP emblem/sticker/magnet on the coin box?

I think I might try the Red light up flipper buttons on JP. I think it might look good because it would continue the red from the side armor. The magnet I bought off eBay. I started to get matching magnets for my games to put in that spot on the coin door. I just buy them off eBay and usually $5 - $10 so pretty cheap. The JP one on the coin door must of been a licensed product from 1993 as that is what it says on the back of the magnet. I need to find one now for the DP.

#3231 4 years ago

Updating my code today. This is not the full blown custom sounds others are working on but an update to the lighter version I put together using the pinsound files available online that I cut/combined.

#3232 4 years ago
Quoted from VindictiveX:

T-REX not Grabbing ball Consistently SOLVED.
Hey guys,
Just wanted to post this here as it may help some of you who are also having problems with the T-Rex not grabbing the ball consistently.
First of all, I did the mechanical adjustments that were listed previously in this thread by Keith and other posters regarding proper alignment of the T-rex. I ensured that when the T-rex opened his mouth that his jaw was resting lightly on the ramp and adjusted the T-rex left and right bias to make her jaw line up with the middle of the ramp. However, she still only grabbed the ball about 20% of the time. The other times it would just go in her mouth come back out and not even start the event. This made me realize that she was not being activated to grab the ball.
I went into switch mode and tested the opto on the trex ramp. it would trigger only if I placed a pinball directly on the ramp. If i raised the pinball even 1/8th of an inch off the ramp the the opto would disengage. I then tested the opto in the "O" lane. I could raise the ball 1/4 to 1/2 and inch and the opto would still be engaged. so with this information I realized I needed to raise the optics on the ramp because my pinball was jumping over the opto 70% of the time. However, there was no easy way to raise the opto as it is attached directly to the ramp. At this point I called Chaz at Stern, explained the problem, and asked if he knew of a way to raise these optics. He did not and suggested write a email and send pictures so he could forward to engineering.
However, once I got off the phone and realized there was not going to be an easy way to raise the optics, I started to think of other solutions. What I came up with is not elegant, but it works.
I covered the bottom half of the opto with tape.(see tape on ramp in the pictures below). This effectively raised the optics without physically moving it.
Now when in switch mode, i could raise the ball about 1/4 to half an inch off the ramp and the opto would still engage.
I then tested in game. Now, once the Trex opens her mouth to start a Trex mode, 100% of the shots to the ramp are recognized(starting the Trex event) and she grabs the ball about 80% - 90% of the time.
This is obviously not a permanent solution, but will work until I think of something else or Stern gets back to me.
hope this helps![quoted image][quoted image]

My T-Rex had been catching about 80% or 90% of shots, but I did this tape fix last night and it seems to have helped get it closer to 100%. I'd previously taken the spacers off the plastic protector over the top of the ramp entrance, and that had helped at the time but there was a tradeoff on mine in that more shots up the ramp started hitting the protector, losing steam, and not making it up the ramp. Now with the tape fix I put the spacers back on and it's working well. Thanks for the great idea!

I also put tape on the orbit opto. Shots going through the orbit at crazy speed hadn't been registering occasionally, and now it's registering them all. Similar concept to the tape idea for the ramp, just a different use of it. Here's the post where I got that idea:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/56#post-5312034

#3233 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Updating my code today. This is not the full blown custom sounds others are working on but an update to the lighter version I put together using the pinsound files available online that I cut/combined.

Awesome, cant wait. When you think it will be ready to send out.

Why do I need the full blown form others...we have you....happy with that.

Last time it erased all my setting, will the new code save that?

#3234 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:Updating my code today. This is not the full blown custom sounds others are working on but an update to the lighter version I put together using the pinsound files available online that I cut/combined.

Has anyone come out with a sound update that includes more movie quotes and movie soundtracks?

#3235 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Has anyone come out with a sound update that includes more movie quotes and movie soundtracks?

It's being worked on. Not sure release date but I'm sure it will be great. I just need to remove a few lines that drive me crazy and include a proper welcome to JP and along with replacing that dumb truck in the middle, I'm good

#3236 4 years ago

With the screen freezing and sound issues, is it a good idea to wait for the next code update?

#3237 4 years ago
Quoted from wheels:

With the screen freezing and sound issues, is it a good idea to wait for the next code update?

Are there issues? Sorry haven't been checking. Wide spread?

#3238 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Are there issues? Sorry haven't been checking. Wide spread?

Seems as if some have been reporting the game freezing during certain points of the game and the volume being inconsistent. Just wondering whether the new features are worth these inconveniences. Just going to set my machine up today and I'm almost sure it has the last code version. Received it Wednesday.

#3239 4 years ago

For what it’s worth I’ve had no issues with the latest code

#3240 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

For what it’s worth I’ve had no issues with the latest code

I guess we are lucky.

#3241 4 years ago
Quoted from wheels:

Seems as if some have been reporting the game freezing during certain points of the game and the volume being inconsistent. Just wondering whether the new features are worth these inconveniences. Just going to set my machine up today and I'm almost sure it has the last code version. Received it Wednesday.

The volume is an easy fix. Somehow the update is changing the speaker settings in utilities like it’s never done before. All you need to do is go into utilities volume and select reset. That worked perfect for me and doesn’t erase any of your other settings.

#3242 4 years ago

I wonder why the LE's checking in has slowed down. I guess not all 500 are on Pinside or want us to know they have one.

We had a good run and was fun meeting new owners from all over the world...

now back to game play.

#3243 4 years ago
Quoted from rapidraw:

Did it continue to work after you powered game on and off because once I power cycle It returns to 4 ohms.

I’ll let you know shortly. Just turned them on for the day. Will play a game soon.

#3244 4 years ago

Anyone experience this....

It just happened with the new code installed. T-Rex is always on the ramp - even for the skill shot. She catches it and dumps it then goes right back to the ramp. 2 player game, both games, t-rex on the ramp the whole time... weird.

#3245 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

My T-Rex had been catching about 80% or 90% of shots, but I did this tape fix last night and it seems to have helped get it closer to 100%. I'd previously taken the spacers off the plastic protector over the top of the ramp entrance, and that had helped at the time but there was a tradeoff on mine in that more shots up the ramp started hitting the protector, losing steam, and not making it up the ramp. Now with the tape fix I put the spacers back on and it's working well. Thanks for the great idea!
I also put tape on the orbit opto. Shots going through the orbit at crazy speed hadn't been registering occasionally, and now it's registering them all. Similar concept to the tape idea for the ramp, just a different use of it. Here's the post where I got that idea:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/56#post-5312034

Any pictures of tape in use? I would like to see it so I can try. Thank you

#3246 4 years ago

Any pictures of tape in use? I would like to see it so I can try. Thank you

Here are pictures. Didn’t remove anything other than the protector over the ramp entrance to do it. Just used tweezers to place the tape and pressed it on.

02585DA2-F1A3-4667-B665-CEB5284CBB54 (resized).jpeg02585DA2-F1A3-4667-B665-CEB5284CBB54 (resized).jpegA9EE6EA5-7C3D-4470-8D8B-EA7C6A078F2F (resized).jpegA9EE6EA5-7C3D-4470-8D8B-EA7C6A078F2F (resized).jpeg
#3247 4 years ago

Stuck ball behind the left dino, have no idea how it gets there...

D0BC214E-ECBE-448C-95D4-C5402356E3AF (resized).jpegD0BC214E-ECBE-448C-95D4-C5402356E3AF (resized).jpeg
#3248 4 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

Stuck ball behind the left dino, have no idea how it gets there...[quoted image]

I had that happen.

#3249 4 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

Stuck ball behind the left dino, have no idea how it gets there...[quoted image]

The triangle plastic to the right of the raptor is very flexible and bends down or up to allow the ball to get trapped behind it. Had that happen twice to me - sucks because you have to take off the glass to get it out.

#3250 4 years ago
Quoted from rapidraw:

Confirmed! Same thing happened to me this morning, I adjusted the shaker motor to be less intense, turned machine on to test, sound was really low wtf! and sure enough the speakers were back to 4ohms, I reset back to 8ohms and all is good again.

On a side note though shaker is a lot better now, not rattling the whole cabinet when T-Rex event goes off!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
8,599 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

There are 9,222 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 185.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/65?hl=cthomas1998 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.