(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,218 posts
  • 803 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by scootss
  • Topic is favorited by 439 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1098 (resized).png
B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_030524583 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,218 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 185.
#3151 4 years ago

Hi all,
I have received my JP premium but some screws of my trex were in the cabinet... Stern quality is really bad this last months !!

I have screwed the trex but now, the trex is positioning not in front of the ramp... and when it open the mouth, his mouth is on the side of the ramp... so impossible to eat the ball...

Someone can help me to put it correctly ?

Thanks a lot !
15748915806317475693108485760287 (resized).jpg15748915806317475693108485760287 (resized).jpg

#3152 4 years ago

Shooter rod arrived and installed!!

IMG_7361 (resized).JPGIMG_7361 (resized).JPG
#3153 4 years ago

Just installed .95 and yeah...I've noticed some changes in shaker strength and more importantly, the sound. I've had to tweak the treble and bass to get it close to where it was before the update, but what's really bumming me out is that the volume drops substantially during that epic bonus music/sound (one of my favorite parts of the game) as well as the match sequence sound. There's no way to adjust that because it's embedded in the new code, right?

#3154 4 years ago

Hi Randy!

Happy Thanksgiving!

#3155 4 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Shooter rod arrived and installed!![quoted image]

Wow you drilled holes in the JP plate. Looks Great. I am going to follow your lead.

My back light pad will not work with Sterns Rod...the 2 wires for the LEDS can get thru the pad.

#3156 4 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

The holes in the tower roof are now fixed. I was getting complaints from staff they were getting wet from all the rain.
Staff Plumber- Ralph ID number 005 - Work order closed.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Lmao looks great!

#3157 4 years ago

I've already messaged everyone who bought the pre-orders from me asking which format they want (hoping to have them ready for a Friday pickup), but I'll be using the new format moving forward, everything is more crisp. I'll post some more in the shop once I finish the first round.

old_new (resized).pngold_new (resized).png
#3158 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Lmao looks great!

that took way to long...lol

#3159 4 years ago
Quoted from VindictiveX:

T-REX not Grabbing ball Consistently SOLVED.
Hey guys,
Just wanted to post this here as it may help some of you who are also having problems with the T-Rex not grabbing the ball consistently.
First of all, I did the mechanical adjustments that were listed previously in this thread by Keith and other posters regarding proper alignment of the T-rex. I ensured that when the T-rex opened his mouth that his jaw was resting lightly on the ramp and adjusted the T-rex left and right bias to make her jaw line up with the middle of the ramp. However, she still only grabbed the ball about 20% of the time. The other times it would just go in her mouth come back out and not even start the event. This made me realize that she was not being activated to grab the ball.
I went into switch mode and tested the opto on the trex ramp. it would trigger only if I placed a pinball directly on the ramp. If i raised the pinball even 1/8th of an inch off the ramp the the opto would disengage. I then tested the opto in the "O" lane. I could raise the ball 1/4 to 1/2 and inch and the opto would still be engaged. so with this information I realized I needed to raise the optics on the ramp because my pinball was jumping over the opto 70% of the time. However, there was no easy way to raise the opto as it is attached directly to the ramp. At this point I called Chaz at Stern, explained the problem, and asked if he knew of a way to raise these optics. He did not and suggested write a email and send pictures so he could forward to engineering.
However, once I got off the phone and realized there was not going to be an easy way to raise the optics, I started to think of other solutions. What I came up with is not elegant, but it works.
I covered the bottom half of the opto with tape.(see tape on ramp in the pictures below). This effectively raised the optics without physically moving it.
Now when in switch mode, i could raise the ball about 1/4 to half an inch off the ramp and the opto would still engage.
I then tested in game. Now, once the Trex opens her mouth to start a Trex mode, 100% of the shots to the ramp are recognized(starting the Trex event) and she grabs the ball about 80% - 90% of the time.
This is obviously not a permanent solution, but will work until I think of something else or Stern gets back to me.
hope this helps![quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from Lounge:

This works awesome, thanks.

I totally agree. After seeing two others tried this and they loved it I just did it to my LE. Took all of 10 minutes. I gauged the amount of hole to cover from your pics. I thought my ball was getting rejected because it was sometimes too soft or too hard but no you seem to have found the cause and a great solution. Just set my game to 10 balls and played three games concentrating on the TRex mouth shot. I would have to say I now have 85-90 percent successful catches whereas before it was at best 40-50 percent. Everyone having an issue with this after making sure your Trex head is lined up left and right and up and down perfectly needs to try this! Thank you very much! This is about the tenth ingenious solution that members here have given me in the last year that solved huge problems. Love this site.

#3160 4 years ago

that took way to long...lol

It’s a labor of love. I’ve spent countless hours fine tuning and modding and tweaking my pins. Probably more than I even play. But I love it all. Except dropping the @#$&%* screws!

#3161 4 years ago

Made it to visitors center for the first time tonight, and beat it! Awwwesome mode. Incredible theme integration. Movie clips can suck it.

I won’t spoil it for those who want to be surprised, but I will say there’s no way it can work exactly the same on the pro. Really glad I sprung for a premium.

#3162 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Made it to visitors center for the first time tonight, and beat it! Awwwesome mode. Incredible theme integration. Movie clips can suck it.
I won’t spoil it for those who want to be surprised, but I will say there’s no way it can work exactly the same on the pro. Really glad I sprung for a premium.

Yeah me too....just awesome. And agreed, premium or LE is a must. Victory targets!

#3163 4 years ago

Just hit a smart missile shot and the screen froze and game reset (0.95 code). Anyone else?

#3164 4 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Just hit a smart missile shot and the screen froze and game reset (0.95 code). Anyone else?

I have not had that problem. Code is updated and I hit the smart missile shot a few times last night.

#3165 4 years ago

I might have hope as you said " I Think" lol.
Its sucks as its so bright and fast and takes away the slow, cool, glow of my ROD!!!

Use the power from the light of a coin slot. Its always on.

#3166 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Just installed .95 and yeah...I've noticed some changes in shaker strength and more importantly, the sound. I've had to tweak the treble and bass to get it close to where it was before the update, but what's really bumming me out is that the volume drops substantially during that epic bonus music/sound (one of my favorite parts of the game) as well as the match sequence sound. There's no way to adjust that because it's embedded in the new code, right?

Yeah I thought my ears were playing tricks on me. It's like most of the highs are rolled off. The volume overall is substantially lower too. I used to have to lower it to like 15 down from the 21/22 default. Now I can crank it to 35 and it still seems low and muffled. I wonder why they did that.

#3167 4 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

Use the power from the light of a coin slot. Its always on.

Do you mean plug in start light cable to the coin door slot?

#3168 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

I totally agree. After seeing two others tried this and they loved it I just did it to my LE. Took all of 10 minutes. I gauged the amount of hole to cover from your pics. I thought my ball was getting rejected because it was sometimes too soft or too hard but no you seem to have found the cause and a great solution. Just set my game to 10 balls and played three games concentrating on the TRex mouth shot. I would have to say I now have 85-90 percent successful catches whereas before it was at best 40-50 percent. Everyone having an issue with this after making sure your Trex head is lined up left and right and up and down perfectly needs to try this! Thank you very much! This is about the tenth ingenious solution that members here have given me in the last year that solved huge problems. Love this site.

I'm glad this fix is working for many of you!

#3169 4 years ago

Do you mean plug in start light cable to the coin door slot?

2 wires from a lamp in the coinslot to the lamp in the start button.
that would work. not?

#3170 4 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Yeah I thought my ears were playing tricks on me. It's like most of the highs are rolled off. The volume overall is substantially lower too. I used to have to lower it to like 15 down from the 21/22 default. Now I can crank it to 35 and it still seems low and muffled. I wonder why they did that.

Totally agree with this. They did something to the volume and now even setting it 6-8 points higher it’s still quieter than before and sounds muffled. Didn’t like that change at all. Sound was a big plus in prior code.

#3171 4 years ago

Perhaps we have someone who will make and post a "form email" for us to send to Stern.
or Someone that speaks with them or Keith can bend their ear.

#3172 4 years ago

You can go to utilities-volume-speaker type and change the ohm setting

#3173 4 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

You can go to utilities-volume-speaker type and change the ohm setting

sk8ball were there any planned changes in the audio settings with this latest release to cause this?

#3174 4 years ago

My premium hasn't had any changes involving sound volume regarding the update. We've put at least 50 plays on it already.

#3175 4 years ago

Just updated to .95 on my LE and def getting weird bugs never seen before.

Sound is def messed up like others were saying

Raptor Pit does not start at 50% integrity

Right orbit or O shot doesn't register now (I know for a fact was working the day before)

Can't really tell what changed about the Smart Missle is it supposed to release faster allowing more time to hit it?

I flashed my SD card to update.

#3176 4 years ago

To all those with the sound issues after updating code, just do like sk8ball says and change the ohm setting back to 8 (it was set to 4), everything is back to normal again on mine. Except the shaker is really intense now

#3177 4 years ago

Just updated my LE to .95 and played just one fairly long game.
Great to see all prior settings were saved.
Sound doesn’t seem any different in terms of quality or volume.
Checked the OHM and it was still on factory default of 8.
Wonder why there are so many varying reports on this update.
I plan on playing it a ton more on the weekend and see if any of the aforementioned bugs emerge.
Can’t wait to see some of these new mini wizard modes.
Such an awesome pin.

#3178 4 years ago

what scores are everyone getting?

#3179 4 years ago

Man I love this game... The ambiance is just perfect under the glass

Screenshot_20191128-235302_Photos (resized).jpgScreenshot_20191128-235302_Photos (resized).jpg
#3180 4 years ago
Quoted from MANTO1975:

what scores are everyone getting?

My highest was 835 million but only once... Then 453... Then it's downhill from there, into the 2's and 300's and then a real crap game in the 25 million range them back into the 100's... I'm all over the place

#3181 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

My highest was 835 million but only once... Then 453... Then it's downhill from there, into the 2's and 300's and then a real crap game in the 25 million range them back into the 100's... I'm all over the place

I am in the same boat. I think my play style could be referred to as “random”.

#3182 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Sounds familiar... all over the place also , first 5 games when I didn’t know what to shoot for were the best !

#3183 4 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

I put on 0.95 this morning... at the end of my second or third game, the sound got really loud and the speaker crackled for a few seconds before going back to normal. Anyone else experience something similar? It hasn’t happened again yet.

I had it happen the first game after .95. Hasn't happened in 30 games since.

#3184 4 years ago
Quoted from beaplayer:

I had it happen the first game after .95.

Sounds like there may be a software bug which I suppose I prefer to having an issue with my pin. It does suck when it happens in the middle of a good game though.

#3185 4 years ago
Quoted from beaplayer:

I had it happen the first game after .95. Hasn't happened in 30 games since.

I had it happen twice in the first few games. Once was tilt warning. Once was when the raptor pen was ready for multiball. Hasn’t happened since. Switched my speaker setting back to 8 ohms this morning and the sound is much clearer/nicer now. Also helps with the rattling glass since the overall volume is now lower.

This morning also had weird trex issues for the first time. Dropped the ball beside the ramp instead of on it. Twice in the same game. And no it wasn’t rampage mode. Hasn’t happened again though. Strange..

#3186 4 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

To all those with the sound issues after updating code, just do like sk8ball says and change the ohm setting back to 8 (it was set to 4), everything is back to normal again on mine. Except the shaker is really intense now

I did this, didn’t fix anything about the volume changes. In fact I think it was already at 8 when I checked. Sound is definitely much lower quality it’s got to be something they changed cannot figure it out. But I do know that this didn’t fix it.

#3187 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

I did this, didn’t fix anything about the volume changes. In fact I think it was already at 8 when I checked. Sound is definitely much lower quality it’s got to be something they changed cannot figure it out. But I do know that this didn’t fix it.

Hmmm..haven't noticed a thing different in sound..actually hearing more sound effects now and volume is where I've always set it...you could always load up the previous version and then back to the current and do a recording compare.

No difference in shaker either as I have my shaker weights offset at 135 deg to tone down the vibration , and also have shaker tape on the glass

#3188 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

I would reload the game code with a full install. Someone on one of the two club threads had corrupted audio and that fixed it I believe.

#3189 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

No difference in shaker either as I have my shaker weights offset at 135 deg to tone down the vibration , and also have shaker tape on the glass

I'm going to have to do this! The current code has the T-Rex vibrating the whole machine right now not just the glass but the whole cabinet I don't know how you got to 135 degrees though I did it on my previously owned MET because it too was way too strong I think I just moved the weights 90 degrees though. I will definitely check it out though and have to get some rattle tape

#3190 4 years ago

How the heck do i Order the shooter rod it keeps saying sold out .. and I’ve been trying for weeks now ... weeks

#3191 4 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

I've had it happen once after upgrading to .95, during a multiball (forget which one..). Never happened on .91.
But, also, I only make that shot about 5% of the time.

#3192 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

How the heck do i Order the shooter rod it keeps saying sold out .. and I’ve been trying for weeks now ... weeks

They are making more money on the rod/ mod versus selling the PIN. lol

#3193 4 years ago
Quoted from lawnghost:

But, also, I only make that shot about 5% of the time.

You and me both.

#3194 4 years ago

Was I dreaming or did I see a topper for $400 with tons of LEDS?

#3195 4 years ago

I’ve asked on the other JP thread, but I’ll ask here also.

I pulled apart my helicopter area to get to the rubbers below due to some SDTM from bricked shots. I’ve put everything back as per normal (also referring to the manual) and now the helicopter blades won’t settle in the right position. They’re seemingly not moving as freely. I’ve loosened and tightened the top screw of the helicopter with no change. Can anyone offer any suggestions?
2B558F8A-7908-4130-BE55-6DF02E5EAABA (resized).jpeg2B558F8A-7908-4130-BE55-6DF02E5EAABA (resized).jpeg

#3196 4 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Easy, new Jeep! Already have one on its way - looks like the playfield one is approx 4" and this one is too. Once I get it on I'll post pics but I'm in on a prem so it will be a while:
[quoted image]

I purchased this on Ebay weeks ago and it just arrived. I got scammed though. It is totally the wrong scale (it's huge) and it says "Jorolls Park". The ebay listing looked identical to the one you purchased from. Can you PM me the seller you used so I can order it from a more legit seller?

1575064881533756572305263046237 (resized).jpg1575064881533756572305263046237 (resized).jpg
#3197 4 years ago

Going rate on a premium shipped to the house? PM is fine if not the type of info to be shared. Thanks!

#3198 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I would reload the game code with a full install. Someone on one of the two club threads had corrupted audio and that fixed it I believe.

Ok tried this unfortunately that wasn’t the fix. Thank you for the advice though. I reloaded .95. I didn’t realize that would erase all settings and scores. However that didn’t fix it. I then went into volume settings in utilities and tried to change the speaker ohms to 8. It refused to save it no matter what I tried. So then I hit factory reset for volume and that fixed it right away! All back to normal but no high scores. And this machine I had way higher than my son. Oh well. Back to flipping. I can’t wait to get the custom audio back I miss it.

#3199 4 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

I’ve asked on the other JP thread, but I’ll ask here also.
I pulled apart my helicopter area to get to the rubbers below due to some SDTM from bricked shots. I’ve put everything back as per normal (also referring to the manual) and now the helicopter blades won’t settle in the right position. They’re seemingly not moving as freely. I’ve loosened and tightened the top screw of the helicopter with no change. Can anyone offer any suggestions?
[quoted image]

There should be screws and nuts on 3 of the 4 blades. Looks like yours had only screws on 1. Here's mine. They act as counterweights. Ok ignore the 1st picture. I cant make that go away. It was something I made in the smoker.

20191128_103626 (resized).jpg20191128_103626 (resized).jpg20191129_171916 (resized).jpg20191129_171916 (resized).jpg
#3200 4 years ago

Sure as hell wish I could edit that post and remove that image..... I know I'm gonna catch hell for that! No one wants to see a post of a Hatch Green Chile stuffed Pork Loin in the making..... guys, I apologize.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
Machine - For Sale
Sunbury, PA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinhead mods

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

There are 9,218 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 185.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.