(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_030524583 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_031412806.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0996 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0997 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0382 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0381 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,200 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 184.
#3001 4 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Much better than the caution tape!
I like the larger palm idea, might look ok without the lettering too.
I'd be in for a set.

I like it also with the lettering. Post up a pic with trees only please.

#3002 4 years ago

Just want to give a shout out to Dan Dean, from Pinwoofers. Just finished installing a Super Kit on my Premium. Amazing difference! This makes the game totally different. I cannot believe the difference. If you're going to do ANYTHING to improve your JP, upgrading your sound is a must! And Pinwoofers is an awesome business with an awesome product! This is Dan and his daughter's business, and they're super supportive and know their stuff. Just my two cents. And I'm not affiliated with Pinwoofers at all. Just a happy two time customer!

#3003 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Well, to you - ha!
I have no knowledge of the apparent obsession this has become as I just had a pinball friend PM me about it. However, with minimal effort I'll be able to design something simple and cheap that many will like (then maybe those obsessing can get on with life).
If anyone is shamed now, but still really wants to help then you can PM me with the measurements and I'll maintain your anonymity. Alternately, you could just sack-up and post here in the open thread and let the chips fall where they may.
Downvote as necessary.

Shamed? I hope no! If anyone on here doesn’t like someone else’s opinion or what they want to do with their machine the hell with them. It’s your pinball machine each person who owns their own machine can do whatever the hell they want with it. Only sad people criticize others because they want to do something different than they might do. So if I was as worried as filling the holes as Marc lol I would gladly post on here I want that mod and I could give two craps who down voted me. If your life is sad enough that you have to worry about likes or dislikes or up votes or down votes on any forum then you might as will just pull the plug on yourself now because your life is already over. On to shoot a game.

#3004 4 years ago
Quoted from bbulkley:

I took the forum's advice and adjusted my angle to 7 degrees. I need to relearn the ramp shots but the upper right ramp is already far easier to hit. The helicopter is difficult but possible now, whereas it was nearly impossible before.

Agree, I had the same problem here, originally set at around 7.9deg, it played fast but some shots felt impossible to hit. Another issue was moderate ball hop on both sides making the wider shots even more difficult. Lowered the playfield back to around 7deg and adjusted the ball guides to minimise/remove ball hop. Made a bid difference.

#3005 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Shamed? I hope no! If anyone on here doesn’t like someone else’s opinion or what they want to do with their machine the hell with them. It’s your pinball machine each person who owns their own machine can do whatever the hell they want with it. Only sad people criticize others because they want to do something different than they might do. So if I was as worried as filling the holes as Marc lol I would gladly post on here I want that mod and I could give two craps who down voted me. If your life is sad enough that you have to worry about likes or dislikes or up votes or down votes on any forum then you might as will just pull the plug on yourself now because your life is already over. On to shoot a game.

My entire post was pretty much tongue in cheek in reply to @yancy. He took it that way, and probably even cracked a smile as he up-voted the post. Sometimes difficult to express intent in a short post, but I think we're all good here and we can all still get along.

#3006 4 years ago

My games came in today excited to now have JP Prem and DP Prem in the house. Just need my friend to help me move them upstairs. Until then I will enjoy them where I have them and add the Mods I bought. Both great games.
IMG_4827 (resized).JPGIMG_4827 (resized).JPG

#3007 4 years ago

Jason at Classicgamerooms on eBay told me he had the Amber shooter rods in stock;
ebay.com link: Stern Jurassic Park Pinball Machine Shooter Knob Rod

#3008 4 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Jason at Classicgamerooms on eBay told me he had the Amber shooter rods in stock;
ebay.com link » Stern Jurassic Park Pinball Machine Shooter Knob Rod

Thanks.... just ordered.

#3009 4 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

ebay.com link » Stern Jurassic Park Pinball Machine Shooter Knob Rod

Starting to really tick me off that I ordered mine direct from Stern over a month ago and still nothing. Sent an email last week as well, no response to it either...

#3010 4 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Starting to really tick me off that I ordered mine direct from Stern over a month ago and still nothing. Sent an email last week as well, no response to it either...

Call and Press 2 and a lady will come on. Tell her its been over a month and others after you are getting theirs...I did and miraculously got a email the next day from UPS.

No call back or email from Stern...just UPS.

That's my story!!!

#3011 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Are my ears burning??

#3012 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

My entire post was pretty much tongue in cheek in reply to yancy. He took it that way, and probably even cracked a smile as he up-voted the post. Sometimes difficult to express intent in a short post, but I think we're all good here and we can all still get along.

I was just saying no one should worry about others. I was not meaning to imply that YOU said anything incorrect. Sorry if I didn’t say it clear enough. Wasn’t criticizing you in case it seemed that way.

#3013 4 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

I like it also with the lettering. Post up a pic with trees only please.

Here's a bunch of combos I messed with today (hopefully this doesn't look bad on the forum). My favorite is the black/green with JP text. Need to resize the cap though as my sizing is a tad too big and the logo engraving is a little too deep, but it's coming along. edit: Nothing was glued together so some of the spacing might be a bit off too.
jp_variations.jpgjp_variations.jpg

#3014 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

I was just saying no one should worry about others. I was not meaning to imply that YOU said anything incorrect. Sorry if I didn’t say it clear enough. Wasn’t criticizing you in case it seemed that way.

Damn I leave for a few hours and all hell breaks loose...HAHAHAHA

#3015 4 years ago
Quoted from Rydhia:

Here's a bunch of combos I messed with today (hopefully this doesn't look bad on the forum). My favorite is the black/green with JP text. Need to resize the cap though as my sizing is a tad too big and the logo engraving is a little too deep, but it's coming along.[quoted image]

Agreed. Sign me and Gamer rick up. I know he will want one.

#3016 4 years ago
Quoted from Rydhia:

Here's a bunch of combos I messed with today (hopefully this doesn't look bad on the forum). My favorite is the black/green with JP text. Need to resize the cap though as my sizing is a tad too big and the logo engraving is a little too deep, but it's coming along. edit: Nothing was glued together so some of the spacing might be a bit off too.
[quoted image]

Second one down for sure

#3017 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Second one down for sure

( O ) ( O )

#3018 4 years ago

I only have enough material for one more set, maybe two more. I'll order more stuff. There's one posted on my shop https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1232-pinball-stuff/03028-jurassic-park-pinball-flippers

#3019 4 years ago

Lol you know me well. I’ll order everything. Just got another $600 in Mods today. Pinwoofer is next cant wait to get those.

#3020 4 years ago
Quoted from Rydhia:

I only have enough material for one more set, maybe two more. I'll order more stuff. There's one posted on my shop https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1232-pinball-stuff/03028-jurassic-park-pinball-flippers

Damn it’s already gone. Make more we will buy them. If you build it, they will come . I belong to multiple club threads but this one is the funest of all. I love pinball and being a member here. Can’t wait to meet many of you on the cruise or at an expo or wherever. Anyone near me PM me and we will set up a pinball league.

#3021 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Damn it’s already gone. Make more we will buy them. If you build it, they will come . I belong to multiple club threads but this one is the funest of all. I love pinball and being a member here. Can’t wait to meet many of you on the cruise or at an expo or wherever. Anyone near me PM me and we will set up a pinball league.

Lol I was surprised when it wasn’t you. I put some pre-orders up. More supplies ordered. Should be here Wednesday and I can crank any open orders out Thanksgiving weekend for Monday shipment.

#3022 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Bam....you were too late ...I have one for sale...price is triple...hahhahaha.

I gotta know what you bought today? I am really enjoying my moving trees and goat that wiggles.

#3023 4 years ago

JP premium is not only my first NIB, it’s also my first pin ever! I spent a year or so debating different options and having loved the shots and rules on IM, I knew this was the one when I played it on location. I love it! Every shot is a blast to hit and the rules tell a great story.

Question: trex jaw is suddenly no longer opening. I’ve looked through menus and can’t find any test for the jaw. Seems to be moving horizontally and vertically fine but the jaw doesn’t drop. Any place I should start to try to fix it? Tried to search the thread but couldn’t find an answer. Thanks!

6A3F499A-DC31-4491-83AE-6E7D45EB6DE4 (resized).jpeg6A3F499A-DC31-4491-83AE-6E7D45EB6DE4 (resized).jpeg
#3024 4 years ago

Ok got the flipper caps coming.

I've been holding off since I got this game. After several hundred games now I feel like its might be the best pinball game I've ever played all things considered.

For me there are better elements in many other games but this one has the total package.

Keep pressing play and it never gets old.

#3025 4 years ago

Im with you!, Ice!

I have not learned the rules!
I prefer to discover my way!

#3026 4 years ago
Quoted from Rydhia:

Messing around with some flipper cap ideas. I think I’m going to replace small trees with a few larger palm leaves for better details.
What do you all think about the colors?[quoted image]

Orange flipper rubbers and sling rubbers look great. Let's see the rest of the playfield rubbers! Figuring out what colors I should go with myself.

#3027 4 years ago
Quoted from Attackfrommark:

JP premium is not only my first NIB, it’s also my first pin ever! I spent a year or so debating different options and having loved the shots and rules on IM, I knew this was the one when I played it on location. I love it! Every shot is a blast to hit and the rules tell a great story.
Question: trex jaw is suddenly no longer opening. I’ve looked through menus and can’t find any test for the jaw. Seems to be moving horizontally and vertically fine but the jaw doesn’t drop. Any place I should start to try to fix it? Tried to search the thread but couldn’t find an answer. Thanks![quoted image]

Nice score! Sounds like the screw came out of your T Rex head. Several of us have had the same issue with the jaw suddenly not opening/closing. A page or so back, there is a step by step guide with pics. Post #2994.

#3028 4 years ago
Quoted from wheels:

Orange flipper rubbers and sling rubbers look great. Let's see the rest of the playfield rubbers! Figuring out what colors I should go with myself.

I can’t take credit for the idea. Saw someone else early on in this thread that had done it. Thought it looked good so I did the same.

Here’s my playfield anyhow so you don’t have to dig for it.

1BA079C0-AA73-4B36-B530-EEE203C61D36 (resized).jpeg1BA079C0-AA73-4B36-B530-EEE203C61D36 (resized).jpeg
#3029 4 years ago
Quoted from Rydhia:

I can’t take credit for the idea. Saw someone else early on in this thread that had done it. Thought it looked good so I did the same.
Here’s my playfield anyhow so you don’t have to dig for it.[quoted image]

Very nice! I'm probably going to go for all orange as well. She's perty!

#3030 4 years ago
Quoted from rkelley17:

Nice score! Sounds like the screw came out of your T Rex head. Several of us have had the same issue with the jaw suddenly not opening/closing. A page or so back, there is a step by step guide with pics. Post #2994.Thank you so much!! I’ll see if I can figure it out. Very helpful to know otters have had this and it’s most likely a screw and not something else. That score was definitely an anomaly. All my other high scores are in the 200 range. And most are a lot less. . It’s so fun when you complete one of the control rooms are even just capturing dinosaurs. Super satisfied with the storyline. Love this game!!

Thanks so much rkelley17 ! I'm now realizing these TREX posts are all pinned to the top of this thread. Oops! I will go looking for a screw but good to know that that is probably the solution. Super helpful. That score was definitely an anomaly. My other highs are in the 200 range but most are much, much lower. It's so fun to finish a control room mode or even just capture a dinosaur knowing there is a story attached to what you are shooting for.

#3031 4 years ago
Quoted from Rydhia:

Lol I was surprised when it wasn’t you. I put some pre-orders up. More supplies ordered. Should be here Wednesday and I can crank any open orders out Thanksgiving weekend for Monday shipment.

I tried. Ordered one anyway on backorder. Oh well. I can wait a couple days. Maybe.

#3032 4 years ago

Is there anywhere in the back box, to grab a power tap of either 6v or 12v recommended?

#3033 4 years ago

I’m a happy new owner of a premium JP and just starting playing I found some post regarding adjusting the T-Rex head but does anyone else have the issue where he kinda gets caught against the left ramp and the mech grinds because it pushing towards the ramp and when his head lowers down sometime it doesn’t lower in the lane ? It just started that where is the setting to center the as much as possible or is there a method that someone can help with pics? I did added a bunch of mods and change flippers and my wife was able to find a stern shooter Rod at classic game room with Jason he’s great that’s where I purchase my JP he should have a couple left. I’ll post pics little later

#3034 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I was able to fix the jaw not opening by putting the screw back in that had fallen out. Thanks for the help and here is a step by step with pictures for anyone else that has to do work on the TREX!
For my issue, the screw that was connected to the plunger coil came off and was in the bottom of the cabinet. Start by removing the plastic just behind the TREX, 2 screws.
[quoted image]
Next, remove the 4 screws in the back holding this metal plate to the back board of the playfield.
[quoted image]
This will now give you the freedom to lift the TREX up and back. Be careful of the wires, but mine had a lot of play so it was easy and I didn't have to disconnect any wires. Lifting the head, there are 5 screws you can see on the underside. The 3 under the jaw will allow the jaw to be removed. Once that is done, open the jaw and remove the screw at the roof of the TREX mouth.
[quoted image]
Once that is done, you can work the TREX head forward. For what I had to do, I didn't need to remove the head entirely. It's snug, so you'll have to work at it a bit. You kind of have to angle it around the jaw mech and work it forward.
[quoted image]
Once I had it forward enough I was able to put the screw back in to the plunger on the jaw coil. Here you can see where the screw is missing and not back in place yet. USE BLUE LOCTITE!!!!
[quoted image]

f3honda4me Thanks for these great detailed notes!! I never would have been able to figure this out otherwise. Question? I can't seem to get this screw to secure at all to the plunger coil. It never gets in the least bit tight. When I think I have it, I turn it upside down to get the head screwed on and it falls out again. It doesn't seem like it's really screwing into anything. Am I missing a piece? I know you said to use blue loctite but I would assume it would screw into this plunger coil without that and stay somewhat secure. Any ideas? THANKS!

#3035 4 years ago

f3honda4me Thanks for these great detailed notes!! I never would have been able to figure this out otherwise. Question? I can't seem to get this screw to secure at all to the plunger coil. It never gets in the least bit tight. When I think I have it, I turn it upside down to get the head screwed on and it falls out again. It doesn't seem like it's really screwing into anything. Am I missing a piece? I know you said to use blue loctite but I would assume it would screw into this plunger coil without that and stay somewhat secure. Any ideas? THANKS!

Never mind! My much smarter wife said "are there any other screws?" and I found another and realized the one I'd been using was for securing the back of the ramp to the playfield and the much shorter one was for the coil. I put everything back together and ... it works! Now I really feel like a pinball owner. I never would have been able to figure it out with out those detailed pictures f3honda4me , thanks for taking the time to post that!!

#3036 4 years ago

It should screw in tight until it won’t turn anymore. It’s difficult to get the threading started. Once you do though the rest is easy. You’re probably just not getting the thread started.

Edit: glad you got it! Also thanks to rkelley17 who gave me the instructions I just added pics!

#3037 4 years ago

A few thoughts on JP after owning it for few weeks now:

- The action button is under utilized in the game. I hope there's more use for it to come....
- It's too bad there isn't a lock and hold feature on the T-Rex mouth. Either during multiball for extended/additional playfield multiplier or part of another mode. Something like the snake on Metallica... I realize that there's no equivalent on the pro so maybe they don't want to split the gameplay features too much.
- Super spinner could really use some lighting effect at the spinner.
- Pteradon attack is one mode that always seems to start and I don't know it's running for some reason.
- Could use an option to disable smart missile during multiball. I'm not sure I like this, but I understand the additional strategy and difficulty.
- There could be fanfare for making combos..

Rob

#3038 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

- The action button is under utilized in the game. I hope there's more use for it to come....
- It's too bad there isn't a lock and hold feature on the T-Rex mouth. Either during multiball for extended/additional playfield multiplier or part of another mode. Something like the snake on Metallica... I realize that there's no equivalent on the pro so maybe they don't want to split the gameplay features too much.
- Pteradon attack is one mode that always seems to start and I don't know it's running for some reason.
- Could use an option to disable smart missile during multiball. I'm not sure I like this, but I understand the additional strategy and difficulty.
Rob

Excited to see new code....any day now.

#3039 4 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

I completely agree. Absolutely no need to swap out the factory balls from a new pin. I always clean the oil off of them with rubbing alcohol before putting them in a new game. I inspect them every month or so. If balls show any little scratches after a ton of plays then I replace them with more standard balls from marco.

I never use the balls that come with the game, they are terrible.

Quoted from cscmtp:

So owners that have a Prem or LE and also have a Deadpool Prem/LE, how do you rate it compared to your DP? I just got a Prem DP which the kids and I are loving, and I'm thinking about getting a JP Prem. Thoughts?

JP tougher than DP and not so funky with the music and theme, compliment each other well but I wouldn't let my DP go for JP.

#3040 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

I heard Keith say he doesn't like Action buttons all too well..
Agree on the spinner lighting
Pteranodon always catches me by surprise too..hoping for some new call outs that signal it besides the light
Hope some new call outs give clarification to the countdown timers...The "your running out of time"...in 5...4...3...2..1...could use a little spiffing up...maybe address the specific timer that is expiring...Sometimes I get lost and just too busy to look and the LCD and check which one is expiring

#3041 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I heard Keith say he doesn't like Action buttons all too well..
Agree on the spinner lighting
Pteranodon always catches me by surprise too..hoping for some new call outs that signal it besides the light
Hope some new call outs give clarification to the countdown timers...The "your running out of time"...in 5...4...3...2..1...could use a little spiffing up...maybe address the specific timer that is expiring...Sometimes I get lost and just too busy to look and the LCD and check which one is expiring

I so agree about specifying which timer is running out! I think I’ve sort of figured that out now (it seems to be the control room usually?) but it’s really not obvious.

#3042 4 years ago

My Trex is crashing into the left side of the fence. Not super hard, but enough to bend the wires. I'm not super concerned about her breaking it, but more about long term damage to her paint on that side. Aside from that, the alignment seems great on the center + jaw, so I'm hesitant to adjust things here. Would just changing the left side bias fix this, or would it throw other things out of whack with the center point? From the best I can tell, the fence is attached properly and there isn't a good way to move it further away. Anybody else having this issue?

#3043 4 years ago
Quoted from ctl723:

My Trex is crashing into the left side of the fence. Not super hard, but enough to bend the wires. I'm not super concerned about her breaking it, but more about long term damage to her paint on that side. Aside from that, the alignment seems great on the center + jaw, so I'm hesitant to adjust things here. Would just changing the left side bias fix this, or would it throw other things out of whack with the center point? From the best I can tell, the fence is attached properly and there isn't a good way to move it further away. Anybody else having this issue?

Yep, and it seems the bias settings don’t fix the issue. Tried about everything and it still hits.

#3044 4 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

Yep, and it seems the bias settings don’t fix the issue. Tried about everything and it still hits.

Mine does this and I also noticed on the Stern stream that was happening too.

Rob

#3045 4 years ago

At Pincinnati show... surprised to see Keith Elwin there mingling in the crowd.

0BD98978-D7AE-4E5B-84F8-A2830AD62906 (resized).jpeg0BD98978-D7AE-4E5B-84F8-A2830AD62906 (resized).jpegAAF31F30-F246-45D4-8D17-D2DBCA6D552A (resized).jpegAAF31F30-F246-45D4-8D17-D2DBCA6D552A (resized).jpeg
#3046 4 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

Quoted from Rob_G:

Mine does this and I also noticed on the Stern stream that was happening too.
Rob

Me too no adjustments have stopped it. I agree I’m only worried about long term wear on the side of the Trex right now. Wish they could add a tweak in the next code update to stop it from going so far left. Seems that’s just the way it was designed.

#3047 4 years ago

Pro owner sneaking in to share a flipper bat mod:

Fossil tone spray paint (clear coated) with red rubbers to pay homage to the jeep. May add a red angled decal with the jeep number cut out, still trying a few with the vinyl cutter.

FlipperA (resized).jpgFlipperA (resized).jpg
#3048 4 years ago

I need to check my supply drop target. For those of you where it was wired wrong which switch was it mixed up with?

#3049 4 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I need to check my supply drop target. For those of you where it was wired wrong which switch was it mixed up with?

Right raptor target - they were (as i recall) tan/blue and tan/purple and switches 41/42 (maybe? that's just from memory...). You only have to switch the tan wires - they are on a common ground

#3050 4 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

For those using Pinstadiums on JP, where are you plugging your UV flashers into? Not even convinced the game needs the UV, but will plug it in and decide.

left white flasher. I think it works and looks great there. I tried the Red flasher on the right, but did not care for the UV going off during the chopper blade movement.

left white flasher goes off during most major shots and all jackpots! It also flashed at the beginning of a control room mode.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz
Other
There are 9,200 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 184.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/61 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.